May 01, 2024, 01:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189596 times)
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

This is better than the one on youtube.  Tears warning!

http://music.aol.com/video/the-little-girl-warner/john-michael-montgomery/1101905

Thank you for posting the link to the song Claycat. I can't listen to it as for some reason my speakers don't work. It is such a beautiful tear jerker song. The first time I heard it I sat and cried for hours. It broke my heart. This happens far too often.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2010, 09:13:46 AM »

Zahra looks just like her mom.  I feel so bad for Emily.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2010, 09:16:20 AM »

Klaas I have slow dial up, could you get a screen shot of mom and post it please.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2010, 09:18:58 AM »

Klaas I have slow dial up, could you get a screen shot of mom and post it please.
See I do have slow loading..thanks for the picture.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2010, 09:30:21 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Officials release details about bone found during Zahra search
Posted: Oct 09, 2010 7:05 PM PDT Updated: Nov 05, 2010 5:46 AM PDT

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Authorities are now talking about the bone that was found during the recent search for a missing 10-year-old girl.

The search on Wednesday turned up a bone that might be related to the case of Zahra Baker, who has been missing since Oct. 9. Officials now say that the bone, found near Christie Road in Caldwell County where the girl's prosthetic leg was found last week, now say that the bone is not a fragment.

Investigators say that the bone is not a small piece and is not a chip of a bone, but seems to be a complete bone. Meanwhile, that bone is being sent to the NC State Bureau of Investigation lab where tests should begin today.

Tests on the bone are not DNA, officials have said.  Once that examination is complete and if it is determined to be related to this case, it will be sent to the NC Medical Examiner's Office lab in Chapel Hill for further testing.

Results from the SBI lab may not come through until Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday, search crews were back out at the Christie Road search area in Caldwell County, more than a week since a prosthetic leg was found belonging to a missing 10-year-old girl. Wednesday, searchers returned to that same area to drain a pond and look for more clues related to her 3 week disappearance. The bone was found in that area, officials announced on Wednesday afternoon.

About 2 dozen people were searching off Christie Road in Caldwell County looking for anything related Zahra Baker, whose stepmother, Elisa, is still being held in jail. Near noon on Wednesday, crews with a pump arrived and began draining a pond in that area. The bone was not found in the pond, which was drained later on Wednesday.

Bone discovery comes just hours after WBTV came into possession of some letters that were allegedly written by Elisa Baker. The letters were allegedly written to someone at a web site that began a letter-writing relationship with Baker since she has been in jail. (Click here to read the letters and learn more about them)

The search off Christie Road, which is closed to traffic, involves a "line search" where crews walk in a line about 15 feet about through woods checking for anything that looks suspicious.

Earlier this week, the owner of the Baker home in Hickory is evicted Adam Baker, the father of the missing 10-year-old, WBTV has learned.

According to reports, Baker, who was briefly jailed last week on un-related charges, has spent about the last two and a half weeks with relatives.  Investigators have ripped out parts of the floor, walls, ceiling, and plumbing during their search for evidence in the house.

On Monday, investigators confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is, in fact, the one belonging to  Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia, where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, which was used as Zahra's left leg.   

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Catawba County Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of the missing girl.

As she was being indicted in one county, Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a felony larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.  No evidence was presented in that case and it was continued until Dec. 6 when Baker will have to be back in Burke County Court.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »

Did anyone else notice that mom is the only family member that has actually cried for Zahra.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:15 AM »

“Obviously, we believe it may be (a human bone) because we have had people tell us it is consistent with a human bone, but we have no confirmation on that,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant of the Hickory Police Department.

The bone was delivered to SBI lab Thursday to collect a DNA profile. It takes longer for the medical examiner to examine the bone than it does for the SBI lab to collect material for DNA. By delivering the bone to the SBI office first, the profile can be completed while the ME’s office conducts a separate set of tests, Whisnant said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/05/sbi-runs-dna-test-bone-search-continues-ar-512244/

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Authorities are now talking about the bone that was found during the recent search for a missing 10-year-old girl.

The search on Wednesday turned up a bone that might be related to the case of Zahra Baker, who has been missing since Oct. 9. Officials now say that the bone, found near Christie Road in Caldwell County where the girl's prosthetic leg was found last week, now say that the bone is not a fragment.

Investigators say that the bone is not a small piece and is not a chip of a bone, but seems to be a complete bone. Meanwhile, that bone is being sent to the NC State Bureau of Investigation lab where tests should begin today.

Tests on the bone are not DNA, officials have said.  Once that examination is complete and if it is determined to be related to this case, it will be sent to the NC Medical Examiner's Office lab in Chapel Hill for further testing.

Thursday, search crews were back out at the Christie Road search area in Caldwell County, more than a week since a prosthetic leg was found belonging to a missing 10-year-old girl. Wednesday, searchers returned to that same area to drain a pond and look for more clues related to her 3 week disappearance. The bone was found in that area, officials announced on Wednesday afternoon.

About 2 dozen people were searching off Christie Road in Caldwell County looking for anything related Zahra Baker, whose stepmother, Elisa, is still being held in jail. Near noon on Wednesday, crews with a pump arrived and began draining a pond in that area. The bone was not found in the pond, which was drained later on Wednesday.

Bone discovery comes just hours after WBTV came into possession of some letters that were allegedly written by Elisa Baker. The letters were allegedly written to someone at a web site that began a letter-writing relationship with Baker since she has been in jail. (Click here to read the letters and learn more about them)

The search off Christie Road, which is closed to traffic, involves a "line search" where crews walk in a line about 15 feet about through woods checking for anything that looks suspicious.

Earlier this week, the owner of the Baker home in Hickory is evicted Adam Baker, the father of the missing 10-year-old, WBTV has learned.

According to reports, Baker, who was briefly jailed last week on un-related charges, has spent about the last two and a half weeks with relatives.  Investigators have ripped out parts of the floor, walls, ceiling, and plumbing during their search for evidence in the house.

On Monday, investigators confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is, in fact, the one belonging to  Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia, where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, which was used as Zahra's left leg.   

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Catawba County Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of the missing girl.

As she was being indicted in one county, Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a felony larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.  No evidence was presented in that case and it was continued until Dec. 6 when Baker will have to be back in Burke County Court.

If I understand it right it has now been determined to be a human bone. Am I correct?  How truly sad this is.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »

Did anyone else notice that mom is the only family member that has actually cried for Zahra.

Yes. And I agree that Zahra looks like her mom. How sad she couldn't have just been returned to her. she would still be alive and happy.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »

They should be able to tell in the field that it is a human bone, especially since it is a whole intact bone and not a piece or chip.  The question then becomes DNA and how long the person was dead and if possible how they died.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »

I want to thank all of you for the updates in this case. Working full time and caring for the furkids doesn't allow me a lot of time to search and research like I would like to.

You are all so awesome. Not just in this case but also in Kyrons.

At this point I don't know what I would do without all of you.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »

I wonder if Zahra's mom was aware of Zahra's health problems before Z disappeared?  that would be a double heartache to know what all Zahra had gone through medically and that she was not even informed of it..very cruel that she could not be there with her child when she was so sick.
If Adam didn't want this little girl, why in the hell didn't he contact the mother to see if she would take her or leave her with the gramma? pure meanness comes to mind..

I heard on one of the shows that bone cancer is very painful..I bet that Z did not have anyone once she left gramma to rub her legs to make the pain go away or to comfort her..breaks my heart that she more than likely suffered through it all without being comforted..alone..
I was watching my grand daughters on Halloween night as they were dancing, skipping and jumping in the living room to songs..so happy to be children, so in love with their family and loved that much back..and I thought of Zahra and all the other children who were taken too soon ...a prayer went up that I was so thankful to have my grand babies with me and another one for all the little girls dancing in Heaven...

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »

she sure does.......poor woman.......this has to be some kind of HELL for her...to  find her and then lose her so quickly.....Thanks Klaas....Morning Monks

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »

Thanks....still not saying which bone it is....but at least they are giving some information.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »

Mother of Zahra Baker speaks out

The mother of Australian girl Zahra Baker says she fears her daughter, who has been missing from her US home for nearly a month, is dead.

Emily Dietrich, of Wagga Wagga in southwestern NSW, has spoken publicly for the first time since her daughter's disappearance in North Carolina on October 9.

Local police believe she has been murdered, and her Australian father Adam Baker and his American wife Elisa Baker have not been ruled out as suspects.

"I don't feel it," she told the Seven Network when asked if she thought Zahra was still alive.

"I think having any hope in me makes it hurts more, with what their finding and the way they're saying she was treated."

Ms Dietrich had postnatal depression after Zahra was born and Adam Baker was given custody, but she said she had been fighting for her share of custody of Zahra for nine years.

She had used the internet to track down her daughter in the US three days before she went missing.

"I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello," a distressed Ms Dietrich said.

"Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen."

Police believe Zahra, who lost a leg to cancer, may have met with foul play weeks before she was reported missing on October 9.

Elisa Baker, 42, who met Adam Baker on the internet, is in custody for allegedly writing a bogus ransom note several hours before police were alerted that the child was missing

Police have also found Zahra's prosthetic leg near where her stepmother once lived.

"I don't want them to find more because it will tell the story I don't want to hear but I want them to find more so we can out an end," Ms Dietrich said.

"I can't explain the anger, the hurt.

"He made no right to do any of it, to keep her from me."

Investigators are continuing to check wooded areas and illegal dump areas for Zahra.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/local/nsw/a/-/local/8268021/mother-of-zahra-baker-speaks-out/
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »

I am just speculating here but am thinking that maybe it is Zahra's leg that was amputated. This case just seems to get worse and worse.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »

I know my little Zahra is gone, says her Australian mother

EMILY Dietrich, mother of missing Australian girl Zahra Baker, knows in her heart her daughter is dead.
From her home in country NSW, Ms Dietrich has told how she has spent the past decade searching for the pretty 10-year-old, whose battle against bone cancer has been a beacon of hope to other sufferers.

Just days before Zahra's disappearance, Ms Dietrich had traced her daughter to the small US township in which she lived. Agonisingly, she was not able to make contact with Zahra or her father, Adam Baker.

"Is there any hope that she's alive? I don't feel it," Ms Dietrich told Channel 7 last night. "They reckon mothers just have this bond with their children and I think having any hope in me makes it hurt more with what they're finding and the way they were saying she was treated. The only hope I have in me now is that she is gone so she's not being hurt any more."

Ms Dietrich suffered severe post-natal depression after Zahra's birth and chose to let her newborn go with her father. "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello," she said.

As she recovered her health, Ms Dietrich said she tried to make contact with Baker and her daughter, who had her leg amputated five years ago because of bone cancer. Ms Dietrich said she never gave up looking for Zahra and Baker, finally tracking him to America via the internet, only to have Zahra reported missing three days later.

"Why would it happen that I find her and three days later this happens? It's just mean," she said. "I don't want them to find more because it will tell a story I don't want to hear.

"She found me to find her and I like to believe that ... she was already gone when I found her and she found me to tell her story and to find her and put her to rest.

"I can't explain the anger ... the hurt. He had no right to do any of it, to keep her from me. I felt robbed before she was taken for good. Now I just feel broken."

No one has been charged over Zahra's disappearance, reported on October 9. Her stepmother, Elisa Baker, and father have been arrested on other charges. But this week investigators said they sent a bone found in a pond to the office of the Chief Medical Examiner for inspection.

The pond is in the vicinity of a brushy area where search crews last week found a prosthetic leg that police say belongs to Zahra.

Ms Baker claims she last saw Zahra sleeping in her room about 2.30am on October 9 in the family home in North Carolina.

Her disappearance has been the focus of an intensive FBI investigation and has received enormous media coverage in the US.

Ms Baker has been charged with writing a fake ransom note connected with Zahra's disappearance and is currently in jail.

The 42-year-old pagan and goth met Queensland-born Baker on the internet.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/i-know-my-little-zahra-is-gone-says-her-australian-mother/story-e6freuzr-1225948550880
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »

'They're not leaving any stone unturned' in Zahra Baker search
Search for Zahra continues on man's 40-acre property in Caldwell County

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/05/1812140/officers-focus-on-caldwell-co.html#ixzz14PyJRDML
CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. – A day after investigators recovered a bone that may have belonged to Zahra Baker, search teams returned to a 40-acre ranch in Caldwell County to look for other possible evidence.

Police won't say exactly where the bone was found, but J.T. Isenhour said he believes both the bone as well as Zahra's prosthetic leg were discovered on his property along Christie Road.

On Thursday morning, groups of 15 to 20 investigators walked shoulder-to-shoulder sweeping the property, Isenhour said. Using special poles, Isenhour said they moved the rocks and leaves that blanket the property in search of any tiny piece of evidence that could be hidden underneath.

"They're digging here, digging there. Moving this. Moving that," Isenhour said. "They're not leaving any stone unturned."

Authorities sent the bone to the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for inspection. Maj. Clyde Deal of the Hickory Police Department, which is leading the investigation into Zahra's disappearance, said Thursday afternoon he had not received word about whether the bone belonged to the missing 10-year-old girl.

Zahra, who is hearing impaired and had her left leg partially amputated due to bone cancer, has been the subject of a massive search for nearly a month in a case that's drawn international attention.

Isenhour's 40-acre property extends on both sides of Christie Road. It's mostly woods and has been owned by Isenhour's family for at least two generations. It includes a small house where his wife grew up and a barn where he takes care of a horse.

He has no idea, he says, how Zahra's prosthetic leg and other possible remains wound up on his property.

Speaking from his driveway as a helicopter flew over, Isenhour said the investigation has been emotionally draining. He first learned of the search after returning from a trip to the mountains. The 74-year-old retired truck driver said he was concerned to find five messages on his answering machine from different investigators, including from the Caldwell sheriff's office and the State Bureau of Investigation. Like so many members of the community, he said he's hoping for some closure.

"The thought of this being done to a kid and then to find it in your own backyard so to speak," he said. "It makes for some sleepless nights."

No one has been charged in Zahra's disappearance, but her stepmother, Elisa Baker, is in jail on obstruction of justice charges after police say she admitted writing a phony ransom note to throw off the investigation into the missing girl.

Adam Baker, Zahra's father, was arrested Oct. 25 and later released on bond for multiple charges, including writing worthless checks and assault with a deadly weapon.

Maj. Deal said he expected investigators would return to the Christie Road site today. He would not give additional details on what led them to the property, but The Associated Press has reported that Elisa Baker accompanied police at least once to the area searching for clues.

The search site is less than two miles from a home where she once lived, but Isenhour said he's never met Elisa Baker or known of the family until news broke about a local girl who was missing.

On Thursday, the N.C. Attorney General's office told the ******* its consumer protection division was looking into a group that has raised money in Zahra Baker's name. The Spiritual Counseling Network announced Wednesday it had closed down its Zahra fund - which raised $712 - after receiving a wave of negative publicity. The group drew scrutiny when the police and media outlets raised questions about how the money would actually be used

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/05/1812140/officers-focus-on-caldwell-co.html
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »

sad for Emily and her family..
Zahra looked like a happy baby in the picture with  her mom..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.