May 01, 2024, 11:28:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189575 times)
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #640 on: November 10, 2010, 10:24:05 AM »

Have to get ready for work now but I will pray today that they are able to locate Zahra and get the evidence they will need to arrest and prosecute those responsible to the full extent of the law. Preferably DP. 

I also wanted to share this link with everyone here. It is also in my signature line.  I will check in on Zahra when I return from work and also our precious Kyron.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8931.0

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: November 10, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »

Justwondering - what offends me about your post is you are passing judgment on a woman who had nothing to do with what has now happened to Zahra.  

Whatever were the reasons that Zahra's biological mom gave custody to Adam, that was 10 years ago and people change.  Her tears now for a child she has been trying to find appear real to me.  Why pass judgment on her?  Why not reserve judgment for Adam and Elisa?

I respectfully disagree...she had ALOT to do with what happened to Zahra.  If she wouldn't have given her up in the first place this may not have ever happened.  I do believe in post-partum depression but it is no excuse.  Look at Andrea Yates....any sympathy there?? 

This is all IMO and I do see where Justwondering is coming from.

Also, AB did not become a monster overnight....there had to be signs that BM knew he was no right...yet she gave her daughter to him??!!! 

I'm still angry about the whole situation...maybe I am misguided and wish BM would have found some way to keep Zahra safe, long before she decided she wanted her back.   

And we could extend your theory to read :

If the hare had not stopped to pee - the dog would not have caught it.

BBM   I could almost guarantee you she is now agonizing over that very wish...

Blue= From personal experience, I can tell you, no, there did not have to be signs...

Even the Bible says Satan can manifest himself as an angel of light...

And to extend the Hare theory a bit further, one could say had the hare used a bit more discretion in choosing the spot in which to pee, he would have lived another day, perhaps...........

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #642 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »

Justwondering - what offends me about your post is you are passing judgment on a woman who had nothing to do with what has now happened to Zahra.  

Whatever were the reasons that Zahra's biological mom gave custody to Adam, that was 10 years ago and people change.  Her tears now for a child she has been trying to find appear real to me.  Why pass judgment on her?  Why not reserve judgment for Adam and Elisa?

I respectfully disagree...she had ALOT to do with what happened to Zahra.  If she wouldn't have given her up in the first place this may not have ever happened.  I do believe in post-partum depression but it is no excuse.  Look at Andrea Yates....any sympathy there?? 

Also, AB did not become a monster overnight....there had to be signs that BM knew he was no right...yet she gave her daughter to him??!!! 

I'm still angry about the whole situation...maybe I am misguided and wish BM would have found some way to keep Zahra safe, long before she decided she wanted her back.   

I'm not getting in on the sympathy for Zahra's mum debate, however this phrase points out that Ma Baker didn't do a very good job of house breaking AB and maybe she should have put him on a leash.  ::dogwag::that he is!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: November 10, 2010, 11:56:26 AM »

Not much new from Zahra briefing. Won't say if anything was found or why they came back here again.

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: November 10, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Search teams are combing a new site in Caldwell County on Wednesday for evidence related to the investigation of Zahra Baker, the missing 10-year-old girl.
Crews began searching at an area near Dudley Shoals Drive and Burns Road in Caldwell County at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday.  Officials said the area, which has been searched before, was one of the locations that Elisa Baker suggested search crews look.
Monday, investigators they focused on paperwork which must be done, reviewing and re-evaluating their evidence. Police are also interviewing tipsters. On Tuesday, teams searched a site off of Indian Grave Road, just north of Lenoir and 10 miles north of the Christie Road location.
Officials said that the 32 searchers were unable to find any evidence on Tuesday.

MORE....

http://hickory.wbtv.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: November 10, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »

NC Crime Stoppers Increase Reward for Zahra
11/10/2010 6:51:51 AM

Several North Carolina Crime Stoppers programs are offering up to $1,000 each for information leading to the whereabouts of missing 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker. Those programs are:

Lenoir/Caldwell County Crime Stoppers (828-758-8300)
Alexander County Crime Stoppers (828-632-8555)
Crime Stoppers of Cleveland County (704-481-8477) 
Crime Stoppers of High Point (336-889-4000)
The North Carolina Crime Stoppers Association (www.nccrimestoppers.com)
Winston Salem/Forsyth County Crime Stoppers (336-727-2800)

The total is now up to $6,000 cash for information.  Any Crime Stoppers organizations throughout the state of North Carolina interested in adding to the reward should contact Detective Shelly Hartley with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office at 828-759-1526.

http://www.whky.com/news.asp?mode=detail&articleID=14285
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: November 10, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »

Timeline Of Events In Zahra Baker's Disappearance

HICKORY, N.C. -- The following is a timeline of events in the case of Zahra Baker, a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl.

• Oct. 9, approximately 2:30 a.m.: Zahra is reportedly last seen sleeping in her bedroom at her Hickory home.

• Oct. 9, approximately 2 p.m.: Zahra is reported missing by her father and stepmother.

• Morning of Oct. 10: Zahra's stepmother is arrested on several charges unrelated to the case. The charges include writing bad checks and failing to return property.

• Afternoon of Oct. 10: Police gather surveillance video from businesses near the home to put together a better timeline of events leading to Zahra’s disappearance. Dozens of police officers go door to door, handing out Zahra’s pictures.

Investigators also follow up on a call to the Hickory Fire Department from the Bakers’ home, where a small fire started on the front lawn.

• Morning of Oct. 11: Zahra's father appears on “Good Morning America” to plead with anyone with information about Zahra’s disappearance to come forward.

• Afternoon of Oct. 11: Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins holds a brief press conference to update the public on the 10-year-old's disappearance.

A search warrant is released that reveals more details about the case. According to the warrant, investigators who responded to the brush fire outside the Bakers’ home found a ransom note inside of a Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside.

• Afternoon of Oct. 12: Hickory police obtain a warrant for Zahra's stepmother after they said she admitted to writing and leaving the ransom note. Elisa is charged with felony obstruction of justice.

• Evening of Oct. 12: Police search a wooded area late into the night. The area is dozens of miles from where Zahra was reportedly last seen, down a dead-end dirt road off of Hartland Road, north of Morganton. They search around a wood chipper and in mulch piles.

• Morning of Oct. 13: Zahra's stepmother appears in court.

• Evening of Oct. 13: Investigators drain a pond and use a dog to sniff through piles of mulch and tree-trimming equipment.

About 150 people gather at a candlelight vigil at East Hickory Baptist Church.

• Oct. 14: Police launch a massive search at a remote property north of Morganton, but it comes up empty.

• Oct. 15: Zahra's father is with investigators at the home where Zahra reportedly went missing. K-9s were also seen at the home, searching in wood piles behind it. A plastic bag, a mattress and a box spring are taken out of the home by investigators.

• Oct. 16: Investigators narrow the timeline of when Zahra was last seen by someone other than a family member to Sept. 25. Police continue to ask the public to contact them with any information that could assist in the case.

• Oct. 17: K-9 teams continue to search areas identified by tips and interviews.

• Oct. 19: The 911 call made by Zahra’s father is released. Click here to listen to it.

• Morning of Oct. 20: Zahra’s stepmother appears in court for a bond hearing. A judge increases her bond from $40,000 to $65,000, citing “disturbing and unsettling” allegations surrounding the charge.

• Afternoon of Oct. 20: A team of investigators begins searching a landfill in Lenoir in connection with Zahra’s disappearance. In a news conference, Adkins would say only that searchers are looking for a “piece of evidence.” Click here to watch uncut video from the news conference.

• Oct. 22: Police end the landfill search and announce that they were searching for a mattress belonging to Zahra. Searchers tested several mattresses found in the landfill, but did not find Zahra's, police said.

• Oct. 25: Zahra's father is arrested on charges unrelated to her disappearance. Zahra's stepmother is taken out of jail and leads investigators to three locations in the search for the missing girl.

• Oct. 26: A mattress matching the description of the one police have been searching for is found. An employee at the Lenoir landfill found it while re-grading the area investigators searched. The mattress is being tested for DNA evidence.

• Oct. 27: Police announce that a prosthetic leg was found in a rural area off Christie Road in Caldwell County. Click here to watch uncut video of the announcement.

• Nov. 1: Police confirm the prosthetic leg found on Oct. 27 is Zahra's. They matched its serial number to the number on medical records that detectives collected from Zahra's native Australia.

• Nov. 3: Investigators find a bone in Caldwell County that they said may be related to the case. The bone was sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for further examination.

http://www.wsoctv.com/zahra-baker/25355983/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: November 10, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »

New area in Caldwell County searched for Zahra evidence
Focus turns to remote area in Patterson community.

LENOIR --
Hickory investigators focused their attention on a remote area of Caldwell County Tuesday as they continued to search for Zahra Baker.

Investigators from the Hickory Police Department joined forces with Caldwell County deputies and the Caldwell County Office of Emergency Services to search a three-mile stretch of Indian Grave Road in the Patterson community north of Lenoir, said Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department.

"We're up here with 15 to 20 searchers with support from the Red Cross,'' Adkins said. "They're searching about three miles alongside the road and one area about 50 feet off the roadway.''

He described the search area as a winding road that switches from paved to dirt. The areas searched on Christie Road last week and off Dudley Shoals earlier were scattered with decomposing animal carcasses and bones. Adkins said investigators have found what appear to be animal bones along Indian Grave Road as well, though he declined to specify what investigators are looking for.

We're looking for anything that could be helpful to the investigation,'' he said.

Adkins said the medical examiner and SBI lab are still testing the bone, which may be human and was discovered off Christie Road a week ago. The testing has not been completed.

FBI and SBI investigators spent Tuesday reviewing case documents and interviews at the Hickory Police Department's command post in their continuing efforts to focus the investigation's efforts, Adkins said.

"They're looking at what we've done and analyzing it to see what needs to be done on the investigative side while searchers continue to work on site,'' he said.

Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9. Three days later Hickory police announced that the case was being investigated as a homicide.

The 10-year-old girl's father, Adam Baker, cooperated with police during the first few weeks of the investigation. On Oct. 25 he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department and was arrested on charges unrelated to the disappearance of his daughter. The charges included five counts of worthless checks and failure to appear.

Two days later, he bonded out of jail.

Adkins said any communication between investigators and Baker is going through Baker's attorney, Mark Killian.

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, remains in the Catawba County jail under a $97,200 secured bond. She was charged with obstruction of justice following her Oct. 12 confession to investigators that she'd written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million. She has also been charged with more than a dozen additional crimes unrelated to Zarha's disappearance stemming from arrest warrants served on Oct. 10.

Attorney Scott Reilly is representing Baker on her current charges. Attorney Lisa Dubs has been provisionally assigned to the case in anticipation of possible murder charges against Baker.

Baker did provide some information to police through her attorneys on Oct. 25. That cooperation has stopped.

"We have not been contacted by Elisa Baker's attorneys for some time now,'' Adkins said.

A $6,000 cash reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Zahra Baker. Six North Carolina Crime Stoppers programs have offered up to $1000 each for information. The participating groups are:

Lenoir/Caldwell County Crime Stoppers: $1,000

Alexander County Crime Stoppers: $1,000

Crime Stoppers of Cleveland County: $1,000

Crime Stoppers of High Point: $1,000

The North Carolina Crime Stoppers Association: $1,000

Winston Salem/Forsyth County Crimestoppers: $1,000

Crime Stoppers organizations statewide are invited to contribute to the reward and they're encouraged to contact Detective Shelly Hartley of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office at 828-759-1526, according to a release from B.J. Fore of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/10/new-area-caldwell-county-searched-ar-526368/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: November 10, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

In a nut shell:

Bones were found along Indian Grave Road that appear to be animal
Search continues today along Dudley Shoals with support of the Red Cross
Adam is only speaking through his attorney
Gothmonster last helped LE on Oct 25 through her attorneys
No results back from the lab on the possible human bone found last week
Nothing said about the mattress or any evidence collected in the home or yard

WHERE IS ZAHRA?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #649 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

BBM   I could almost guarantee you she is now agonizing over that very wish...

Blue= From personal experience, I can tell you, no, there did not have to be signs...

Even the Bible says Satan can manifest himself as an angel of light...

And to extend the Hare theory a bit further, one could say had the hare used a bit more discretion in choosing the spot in which to pee, he would have lived another day, perhaps...........

And if "If's and But's" were Fruits and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
It's enough for me to know that AB obviously wanted to keep Zahra and he was her parent. Since he maintained that even to the point of hiding her from her Mom, he was accountable for her safety and well being. JMO.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: November 10, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »

Caldwell County has now shut down traffic around the Zahra search location and asked FAA to limit our chopper flight to 3000 ft.

less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »

Micki Owens
Wonder if Adam remembered to collect his offering and pagan ritual sh1t off the fireplace and the shelf reflected in the mirror with the goblet?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zahra-Clare-Baker-Bring-Her-Home

Did anyone notice this goblet and ritual stuff?

Is it possible to post a pic here of this, please?  Or direct us to where it may be already posted here at SM.  For those of us who do not have access to Facebook.  TIA.

It would be in one of these videos

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25650017/

I found the mirror 1:27 in this video.  http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25650017/index.html

Not sure I see a goblet but on the fireplace mantel looks like a statue of the grim reaper

I captured this, but it is not very clear.

I see what looks to be a goblet.  It is not on the fireplace mantle itself, it is reflected in the mirror above the fireplace, it is on a shelf across the room from the fireplace.  Looks like a wine glass to me.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

Caldwell County has now shut down traffic around the Zahra search location and asked FAA to limit our chopper flight to 3000 ft.

Let's pray they found her.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »

Micki Owens
Wonder if Adam remembered to collect his offering and pagan ritual sh1t off the fireplace and the shelf reflected in the mirror with the goblet?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zahra-Clare-Baker-Bring-Her-Home

Did anyone notice this goblet and ritual stuff?

Is it possible to post a pic here of this, please?  Or direct us to where it may be already posted here at SM.  For those of us who do not have access to Facebook.  TIA.

It would be in one of these videos

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25650017/

I found the mirror 1:27 in this video.  http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25650017/index.html

Not sure I see a goblet but on the fireplace mantel looks like a statue of the grim reaper

I captured this, but it is not very clear.

I see what looks to be a goblet.  It is not on the fireplace mantle itself, it is reflected in the mirror above the fireplace, it is on a shelf across the room from the fireplace.  Looks like a wine glass to me.

I see that.  Wondering if that other stuff on the shelf is what the poster said was the pagan offering stuff?  I know nothing about pagan beliefs but did do some searching last night on stuff you can buy and the goblets look like what you would see in King Arthur movies and they have lots of candle holders with pentagrams, boxes and baskets where you put your offering in.  Crystals and rocks also seem important as well as incense.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

Don't forget, CW, the day before, Friday, EB calls Brittany Bentley and asks her to drop the charges.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: November 10, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »

Wow, here we go again.  Please let her be found.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »

an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #657 on: November 10, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »

an angelic monkey
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #658 on: November 10, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »

Yes, it is time for this to end and this precious girl be found. Prayers being said.
God bless Zahra. an angelic monkey

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »

an angelic monkey
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.