May 01, 2024, 06:46:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189509 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #840 on: November 11, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »

Per Rad Berky on Twitter~ 11:14am

Human remains were found yesterday off Dudley Raod.  Tests being done to confirm if they are Zahra's.

Hickory PD will only say 'evidence" was found. 11:16am
OMG  an angelic monkey
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #841 on: November 11, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »

Zahra's mom is in Hickory
http://twitter.com/news14charlotte

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: November 11, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

CBB the picture is just breathtaking. Beautiful beyond words. Praying that Zahra is found today.
God Bless you little Angel. 
It sure is   an angelic monkey  Do people really think that this was some pagan ritual? By the looks of daddy and stepmom these two loser monsters look like wanna be anything. They have never succeeded at a darn thing and all this talk in my opinion is to make them look tough and that they don't conform too anything. I say this is all BS.
I agree NoRose.  I think the Bakers are weak kneed cowards who more than likely found pleasure in drugs and alcohol, they did not and do not have what it takes to be loving protectors/parents to Zahra or AB would have never ever said something to the effect she spends a lot of time in her room because she is coming into puberty, uggh so that means you don't go check on a 10 year old child when there has been major commotionsurrounding the home?  Lame.  I am sure they preferred it that she stay in her room and not come out.

I can't help but wonder if they have found Zahra and are waiting for her mother to arrive before making an announcement, and with any luck at all they are gathering a lot of evidence found at the scene.   
I think you are right, the police are waiting for Zahra's mom to arrive.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: November 11, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »

Human remains were found yesterday off Dudley Raod.  Tests being done to confirm if they are Zahra's.

I that where the dump of animal bones is?  If so, all I can say is that whether the human bones belong to Zahra or some other untorfunate soul, the "person(s)" who put those bones in that animal dump thought they were clever and never expected LE to out-clever them.  Those folks belong "under" the jail.

I'm so impressed with LE in NC and how they've handled this case. 

I am so impressed as well they have done an outstanding job  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: November 11, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »

Source: Human remains found in search for Zahra  (with video)

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- A source close to the Zahra Baker investigation says that crews found human remains while searching in Caldwell County Wednesday.

Hickory police have not confirmed the discovery of human remains, but released a statement Thursday saying, "Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case. This evidence will be analyzed at the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardize any future criminal proceedings."

A team of nearly 40 people searched along Gunpowder Creek off Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County Wednesday.

"An area that's high priority to us right now, we are doing 3-foot spacing so our guys are basically shoulder to shoulder going through there," emergency management coordinator Tommy Courtner said Wednesday. "We're moving the brush out. We look at every piece of that ground."

Around noon Wednesday, investigators mysteriously ordered the media out, closing the road and the airspace without explaining why.

A medical examiner from Chapel Hill was on hand to help crews because, investigators say, there are bones in the area -- many of them from deer.

The search in Caldwell County resumed Thursday.

Meanwhile, NewsChannel 36 has learned that Emily Dietrich, Zahra's biological mother, is on her way to Hickory. Dietrich has not had contact with Zahra since she was a baby. She told Australia's Channel 7 News that she was trying to find Zahra when she learned she had disappeared.

Police have made several significant finds in Zahra Baker's case in the last few weeks.

•On Oct. 25, a mattress was found in the Caldwell County landfill. It's still being tested for DNA, but police it belonged to Zahra.
•On Oct. 27, investigators uncovered the girl's prosthetic leg in the brush off Christie Road in Caldwell County.
•On Nov. 3, investigators discovered a bone at another search site. The bone is still being tested to determine if it belonged to Zahra

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Zahras-biological-mother-headed-to-NC-107221463.html
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »

If PD is saying only evidence, I wonder where he is hearing the fact that human remains were found...  As he seems to state it as a fact...
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »

I have my tv on channel 9 WSOCtv and will update if anything breaks.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »

Investigators digging for clues in search for Zahra

DUDLEY SHOALS --
Investigators looking for the remains of Zahra Baker dug a hole at the Dudley Shoals search site Wednesday afternoon and marked the site with an evidence flag.

All of the dirt from the circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep – was removed from the site. A white evidence flag – like ones used previously to mark bone identification – was placed next to the hole.

The hole is about 10 feet from the riverbank and about 25 feet from where the paved road ends.
 Today, investigators returned to the Christie Road location as they continue to search for Zahra, who was reported missing by her parents from their Hickory home on Oct. 9.

The 10-year-old girl is presumed dead

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/11/investigators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/
Oh it sounds like she may have been buried?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: November 11, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »

I have my tv on channel 9 WSOCtv and will update if anything breaks.
Thank-you
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: November 11, 2010, 11:45:24 AM »

I have read some concerns that Emily should never have given Zahra to the father and consequently, she is responsible also for what happened to Zahra.  With all due respect, how often have we stated in other threads when a child has died . . . why didn't he/she give the child to someone who cared?
We have no way of knowing what Adam was like when Zahra was born.  We do know, based on the facts given to us by Tibro about extreme privacy in AU, that finding a child or a person is most difficult.
I recall someone who criticized something I failed to do getting all heated about why I failed to act.  Here is my answer:  I had a crystal ball.  When moving, I put it on the roof of my car and it fell off and broke.  I asked for another one and was told, you only get one for your entire life.  I am not making light of this situation, I am just offering a perspective of how easy it is to sit along the side lines and judge something that happened years ago.  In a perfect world, we could go back and change things -- alas, we live in an imperfect world.
None of us will ever know what was in the heart of Emily.  For those who have given a child for adoption or to a relative, it is in many cases, the ultimate act of love.  We none know what the future holds.
These are just my opinions and again, just my thoughts.  I respect everyone's opinions and am sensitive to the feeling of all.
I will be praying Emily is surrounded by loving, kind, and comforting people as she enters this unknown land.  What must be in her heart is more than my brain can comprehend.  May God be merciful on her and all of us.

faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #850 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »

Source: Human remains found in search for Zahra  (with video)

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- A source close to the Zahra Baker investigation says that crews found human remains while searching in Caldwell County Wednesday.

Hickory police have not confirmed the discovery of human remains, but released a statement Thursday saying, "Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case. This evidence will be analyzed at the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardize any future criminal proceedings."

A team of nearly 40 people searched along Gunpowder Creek off Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County Wednesday.

"An area that's high priority to us right now, we are doing 3-foot spacing so our guys are basically shoulder to shoulder going through there," emergency management coordinator Tommy Courtner said Wednesday. "We're moving the brush out. We look at every piece of that ground."

Around noon Wednesday, investigators mysteriously ordered the media out, closing the road and the airspace without explaining why.

A medical examiner from Chapel Hill was on hand to help crews because, investigators say, there are bones in the area -- many of them from deer.

The search in Caldwell County resumed Thursday.

Meanwhile, NewsChannel 36 has learned that Emily Dietrich, Zahra's biological mother, is on her way to Hickory. Dietrich has not had contact with Zahra since she was a baby. She told Australia's Channel 7 News that she was trying to find Zahra when she learned she had disappeared.

Police have made several significant finds in Zahra Baker's case in the last few weeks.

•On Oct. 25, a mattress was found in the Caldwell County landfill. It's still being tested for DNA, but police it belonged to Zahra.
•On Oct. 27, investigators uncovered the girl's prosthetic leg in the brush off Christie Road in Caldwell County.
•On Nov. 3, investigators discovered a bone at another search site. The bone is still being tested to determine if it belonged to Zahra

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Zahras-biological-mother-headed-to-NC-107221463.html
Wow, I feel hopeful and sick all at the same time.  Thank you so much for all the updates everyone.  I am at work so I will be watching here all day to see if our little angel finally gets found today!... an angelic monkey
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have searched so diligently for the last month. I am sure this has taken a toll on them. Most are parents themselves.

My prayers also go out to Zahra's Mom. I hope she has a place to stay with caring loving human beings.

God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »

Wise words Sister - thank you!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: November 11, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »

I have read some concerns that Emily should never have given Zahra to the father and consequently, she is responsible also for what happened to Zahra.  With all due respect, how often have we stated in other threads when a child has died . . . why didn't he/she give the child to someone who cared?
We have no way of knowing what Adam was like when Zahra was born.  We do know, based on the facts given to us by Tibro about extreme privacy in AU, that finding a child or a person is most difficult.
I recall someone who criticized something I failed to do getting all heated about why I failed to act.  Here is my answer:  I had a crystal ball.  When moving, I put it on the roof of my car and it fell off and broke.  I asked for another one and was told, you only get one for your entire life.  I am not making light of this situation, I am just offering a perspective of how easy it is to sit along the side lines and judge something that happened years ago.  In a perfect world, we could go back and change things -- alas, we live in an imperfect world.
None of us will ever know what was in the heart of Emily.  For those who have given a child for adoption or to a relative, it is in many cases, the ultimate act of love.  We none know what the future holds.
These are just my opinions and again, just my thoughts.  I respect everyone's opinions and am sensitive to the feeling of all.
I will be praying Emily is surrounded by loving, kind, and comforting people as she enters this unknown land.  What must be in her heart is more than my brain can comprehend.  May God be merciful on her and all of us.

Thank you Sister, your words are always so comforting to my soul. God Bless you!

God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »

DUDLEY SHOALS --
Investigators looking for the remains of Zahra Baker dug a hole at the Dudley Shoals search site Wednesday afternoon and marked the site with an evidence flag.

All of the dirt from the circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep – was removed from the site. A white evidence flag – like ones used previously to mark bone identification – was placed next to the hole.

The hole is about 10 feet from the riverbank and about 25 feet from where the paved road ends.
 Today, investigators returned to the Christie Road location as they continue to search for Zahra, who was reported missing by her parents from their Hickory home on Oct. 9.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/11/investigators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/

That's my hope. I hope all the speculation about the "disposal" of her remains will prove to be false. It wouldn't mean she's any more dead, but it would mean that even more horrors weren't piled on. I hope this is it and that she's been found.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:59 AM »

Zahra searchers find evidence that is 'possible human remains'

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - New evidence -- that officials say are "possible human remains" --  found in the search for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl is on its way to state investigators, according to the Hickory Police Department.
Investigators told WBTV on Thursday that search teams in Caldwell County found evidence on Wednesday that "could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case."  The evidence, which are "possible human remains," will be analyzed at the NC State Bureau of Investigation's lab.

"We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public," investigators told WBTV. "But we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardize any future criminal proceedings."
Crews began searching at an area near Dudley Shoals Drive and Burns Road in Caldwell County at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday.  Officials said the area, which has been searched before, was one of the locations that Zahra's stepmother Elisa Baker suggested search crews look.
After the evidence was found, the search took on a serious tone with a limited fly zone set up -- meaning news helicopters were not allowed to travel lower than 3000 feet in the area.
Search crews centered their efforts around Gunpowder Creek.  They went into the creek with dry suits, and also searched the banks, at times hacking the brush with machetes.
According to WBTV reporter Steve Ohnesorge, police seemed more intense as the search went on.  Security in the area was very tight.
Ohnesorge said that every officer he tried to talk to seemed "frantic" and they all told him "I can't say anything."
Neighbors had seen the area searched before a couple weeks ago, but agreed that Wednesday's search was especially intense.
"Between all the people down there searching and the church parking lot full and the helicopters flying over, it's been pretty hectic here," said Richard Devier, who lives right near Gunpowder Creek.
On Monday, investigators  focused on paperwork which must be done, reviewing and re-evaluating their evidence. Police also interviewed tipsters. On Tuesday, teams searched a site off of Indian Grave Road, just north of Lenoir and 10 miles north of the Christie Road location that had been searched last week.
Officials said that the 32 searchers were unable to find any evidence on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Hickory Police received some test results from the SBI on Wednesday.  Authorities wouldn't say what the results were for, but it's possible they were related to a bone found in the Christie Road location last week.
Since the investigation began October 9th, Hickory Police have submitted four rounds of evidence to the SBI for processing. In two of those submissions, the first results came back within a few days, the next results came back in two weeks.
The SBI has not disclosed what evidence was tested; however search warrants were executed on the former Baker home, two cars parked in the driveway, and a search was done at Adam Baker's work site during the timeframe evidence was submitted.
The last two submissions were made to the SBI on November 3rd and 4th. That's when police also announced they found a possible bone connected to Zahra.
DNA evidence will likely be the most crucial evidence in prosecuting whoever brought harm to Zahra Baker. The ten-year-old was reported missing October 9th, by her father, Adam Baker.
He's been arrested and since bonded out of jail on unrelated charges. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker is charged with writing a fake ransom note to derail investigators.
DNA evidence can take several weeks or months to process. First, a DNA profile from Zahra Baker must be built, before any potential evidence can be compared.
The fact that it's not clear exactly when Zahra disappeared further complicates building her profile. It's not as easy as taking hair from a brush, when it's not even clear when Zahra lived in the family home on 21st Avenue NW.

http://morganton.wbtv.com/content/zahra-searchers-find-evidence-possible-human-remains?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: November 11, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »

So true Sister, we will never know what is in Emily's heart, we will never know what is in the majority of people's hearts. I hope Emily isn't hounded by the media and is able to take Zahra's belongings and Zahra's remains if they did indeed find her, back to Australia with her  an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #857 on: November 11, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have searched so diligently for the last month. I am sure this has taken a toll on them. Most are parents themselves.

My prayers also go out to Zahra's Mom. I hope she has a place to stay with caring loving human beings.

Ditto, darla. Thanks for the thoughtful post, sister!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: November 11, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »

[/quote]
Thank you. I've had enough of the why didn't she ? Not only here and on my read arounds, but NG and Mark Klass.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »

DUDLEY SHOALS --

That's my hope. I hope all the speculation about the "disposal" of her remains will prove to be false. It wouldn't mean she's any more dead, but it would mean that even more horrors weren't piled on. I hope this is it and that she's been found.
If she was buried why in the world would you just toss her leg out like that? I really don't ever want an answer from those people because I wouldn't believe it anyway 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.