May 01, 2024, 11:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 189576 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #860 on: November 11, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »

Channel 9 has confirmed that human remains were found yesterday.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #861 on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:55 PM »

Northern Rose, I so appreciate your articles and links. During the day, I'm usually working and it's all I can do to just follow a thread. I'm sure others are in a similar circumstance and many of us are grateful to you and all others who dig up the latest news offerings. You too, darla! I know I'm leaving others out, but you are all appreciated!

Thanks everybody!   
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: November 11, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »

Showing the hole that was dug.  LE and FBI are back at Christie road where the legs was found two weeks ago. Entire body not found at Dudley Shoals rd search

God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #863 on: November 11, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »

Wow. I think this is it. Please let it be! Thx, darla!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #864 on: November 11, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »

Thank-you.  I'm sure the police are keeping a very close eye on Adam and his mom and brother 
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

Channel 9 has two crews in two different counties. Lots of vehicles at both areas. Will post link to video when it becomes available.

God Bless!
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #866 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:45 PM »

Investigators digging for clues in search for Zahra

DUDLEY SHOALS --
Investigators looking for the remains of Zahra Baker dug a hole at the Dudley Shoals search site Wednesday afternoon and marked the site with an evidence flag.

All of the dirt from the circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep – was removed from the site. A white evidence flag – like ones used previously to mark bone identification – was placed next to the hole.

The hole is about 10 feet from the riverbank and about 25 feet from where the paved road ends.
 Today, investigators returned to the Christie Road location as they continue to search for Zahra, who was reported missing by her parents from their Hickory home on Oct. 9.

The 10-year-old girl is presumed dead

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/11/investigators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/
Oh it sounds like she may have been buried?

That's my hope. I hope all the speculation about the "disposal" of her remains will prove to be false. It wouldn't mean she's any more dead, but it would mean that even more horrors weren't piled on. I hope this is it and that she's been found.
If she was buried why in the world would you just toss her leg out like that? I really don't ever want an answer from those people because I wouldn't believe it anyway 
Just a guess that it was an after-thought.  Kind of like, "Oh ya...we forgot about that part."  And probably dumped at a different time than the remains.  Poor Zahra.  Prayers for her and prayers and strength for her mama, too.
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #867 on: November 11, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »

I have read some concerns that Emily should never have given Zahra to the father and consequently, she is responsible also for what happened to Zahra.  With all due respect, how often have we stated in other threads when a child has died . . . why didn't he/she give the child to someone who cared?
We have no way of knowing what Adam was like when Zahra was born.  We do know, based on the facts given to us by Tibro about extreme privacy in AU, that finding a child or a person is most difficult.
I recall someone who criticized something I failed to do getting all heated about why I failed to act.  Here is my answer:  I had a crystal ball.  When moving, I put it on the roof of my car and it fell off and broke.  I asked for another one and was told, you only get one for your entire life.  I am not making light of this situation, I am just offering a perspective of how easy it is to sit along the side lines and judge something that happened years ago.  In a perfect world, we could go back and change things -- alas, we live in an imperfect world.
None of us will ever know what was in the heart of Emily.  For those who have given a child for adoption or to a relative, it is in many cases, the ultimate act of love.  We none know what the future holds.
These are just my opinions and again, just my thoughts.  I respect everyone's opinions and am sensitive to the feeling of all.
I will be praying Emily is surrounded by loving, kind, and comforting people as she enters this unknown land.  What must be in her heart is more than my brain can comprehend.  May God be merciful on her and all of us.

Sister,
I completely agree.  Not only did she report struggling with postpartum deppression, she seemed to be quite young as well.  I am not saying I agree with or condone all of her decisions.  I am saying a bit of understanding, tolerance and mercy are in order here.  She did make attempts to find Zahra.  While we all wish she could have found her sooner, it was not to be.

I had my first child at a very young 19 years of age and I accepted help from family with her care temporarily when my marriage fell apart three years later.  I was distraught, depressed, and overwhelmed.  Now as a more mature mother of 3 who is in a secure place in my life I would never make those same choices.  Some choices are made in our lives when we are "different people" in very different circumstances.  Unless you have been in those shoes you may be unable to understand what could cause someone to make those choices.  Please have compassion and don't judge too harshly. I thank God every day that I was able to rebuild my life and for my three beautiful girls and new life and husband.  That was a dark time back then.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and especially without a support system, which is what I think Zahra's mom believed she had.  Unfortunately it turned on her in the worst way.

Of course I could never tolerate a person who abuses or hurts a child and in this case compassion and understanding goes out the window!
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: November 11, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »

Showing the hole that was dug.  LE and FBI are back at Christie road where the legs was found two weeks ago. Entire body not found at Dudley Shoals rd search
  WHAT...UGH...that is just awful. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #869 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »

Oh my, so it sounds like she wasn't in one piece. I didn't know how else to say that without being offensive  What did these monsters all do?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #870 on: November 11, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »

Yeah, my heart skipped a beat when I read that, too.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: November 11, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25758518/detail.html

Posted: 11:06 am EST November 11, 2010
Updated: 11:57 am EST November 11, 2010

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Investigators found remains while searching Wednesday for evidence in the disappearance of Zahra Baker, Channel 9 has learned.

The remains will be analyzed at the State Bureau of Investigation’s lab. Investigators made the discovery while searching along Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County.

CHOPPER VIDEO: Searchers Look For Evidence In Zahra Case

Searchers focused on a half-mile stretch of Gunpowder Creek, with divers looking in the water and investigators combing through the banks.

Police have searched the area before, accompanied by Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker. She has been in jail over the course of the investigation, charged with felony obstruction of justice after police said she admitted to writing a phony ransom note the day Zahra was reported missing.

• RELATED STORY: Judge Ups Bond For Zahra Baker’s Stepmother

On Thursday, searchers returned to the search site along Christie Road, where Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found. The roadway is shut down.

Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker, and her stepmother. Police said she has not been seen by anyone outside of her family since Sept. 25.

God Bless!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #872 on: November 11, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »

I have read some concerns that Emily should never have given Zahra to the father and consequently, she is responsible also for what happened to Zahra.  With all due respect, how often have we stated in other threads when a child has died . . . why didn't he/she give the child to someone who cared?
We have no way of knowing what Adam was like when Zahra was born.  We do know, based on the facts given to us by Tibro about extreme privacy in AU, that finding a child or a person is most difficult.
I recall someone who criticized something I failed to do getting all heated about why I failed to act.  Here is my answer:  I had a crystal ball.  When moving, I put it on the roof of my car and it fell off and broke.  I asked for another one and was told, you only get one for your entire life.  I am not making light of this situation, I am just offering a perspective of how easy it is to sit along the side lines and judge something that happened years ago.  In a perfect world, we could go back and change things -- alas, we live in an imperfect world.
None of us will ever know what was in the heart of Emily.  For those who have given a child for adoption or to a relative, it is in many cases, the ultimate act of love.  We none know what the future holds.
These are just my opinions and again, just my thoughts.  I respect everyone's opinions and am sensitive to the feeling of all.
I will be praying Emily is surrounded by loving, kind, and comforting people as she enters this unknown land.  What must be in her heart is more than my brain can comprehend.  May God be merciful on her and all of us.

Sister,
I completely agree.  Not only did she report struggling with postpartum deppression, she seemed to be quite young as well.  I am not saying I agree with or condone all of her decisions.  I am saying a bit of understanding, tolerance and mercy are in order here.  She did make attempts to find Zahra.  While we all wish she could have found her sooner, it was not to be.

I had my first child at a very young 19 years of age and I accepted help from family with her care temporarily when my marriage fell apart three years later.  I was distraught, depressed, and overwhelmed.  Now as a more mature mother of 3 who is in a secure place in my life I would never make those same choices.  Some choices are made in our lives when we are "different people" in very different circumstances.  Unless you have been in those shoes you may be unable to understand what could cause someone to make those choices.  Please have compassion and don't judge too harshly. I thank God every day that I was able to rebuild my life and for my three beautiful girls and new life and husband.  That was a dark time back then.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and especially without a support system, which is what I think Zahra's mom believed she had.  Unfortunately it turned on her in the worst way.

Of course I could never tolerate a person who abuses or hurts a child and in this case compassion and understanding goes out the window!
Faith, thank you for sharing . . . I understand and agree.  Unfortunately, there is a reason the past is called history, we can't change it.  We can however, as you did, learn from our history, and make the world we live in a better place.  God bless you.

O/T Hug a Veteran!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »

sorry, meant to add:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8908.0

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #874 on: November 11, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »

Per WSOC noon newscast, human remains found, but "not an entire body".

Hole left behind after searchers combed a wooded area on Wednesday.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #875 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »

Investigators digging for clues in search for Zahra

DUDLEY SHOALS --
Investigators looking for the remains of Zahra Baker dug a hole at the Dudley Shoals search site Wednesday afternoon and marked the site with an evidence flag.

All of the dirt from the circular hole – which measures about 10 feet around and 2.5 feet deep – was removed from the site. A white evidence flag – like ones used previously to mark bone identification – was placed next to the hole.

The hole is about 10 feet from the riverbank and about 25 feet from where the paved road ends.
 Today, investigators returned to the Christie Road location as they continue to search for Zahra, who was reported missing by her parents from their Hickory home on Oct. 9.

The 10-year-old girl is presumed dead

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/11/investigators-digging-clues-search-zahra-ar-529180/
Oh it sounds like she may have been buried?

That's my hope. I hope all the speculation about the "disposal" of her remains will prove to be false. It wouldn't mean she's any more dead, but it would mean that even more horrors weren't piled on. I hope this is it and that she's been found.
If she was buried why in the world would you just toss her leg out like that? I really don't ever want an answer from those people because I wouldn't believe it anyway 
Just a guess that it was an after-thought.  Kind of like, "Oh ya...we forgot about that part."  And probably dumped at a different time than the remains.  Poor Zahra.  Prayers for her and prayers and strength for her mama, too.

I think that they thought it would be harder for her to be identified...with the prosthetic in another location. 

NCSunny

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #876 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »

Excellent post faith1109

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
crazybabyborg
« Reply #877 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15:18 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #878 on: November 11, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »

I wonder what AB's heart rate is right now.......   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: November 11, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »

How horrid!  May God have mercy of their souls, because I am not feeling any at all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.