March 18, 2024, 07:49:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #851 11/16/10 - 11/20/10  (Read 346770 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #500 on: November 18, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »

Klaas, are you having any problems viewing 24ora?

I haven't been able to get in, I'm thinking they're either down...or there's high traffic.

I can't access either.  I'll keep trying.

www.24ora.com

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Thanks!  I'm getting the same message.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: November 18, 2010, 02:51:15 PM »

The only people I believe is Beth Twitty and John Q. Kelly.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: November 18, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »

Posted on the front page of SM by the gal who claims to have been with the tourists that found it:

kkthy
2010/11/18 at 5:19 am

We could kick ourselves for not taking a photo of the jaw bone. Sad It was found at that edge of the water where waves could have brought it up on shore, near where a jetty of rocks go out to protect the beach area. The jetty has been damaged due to the waves from storm Tomas and the waves were still large when we arrived last week. The waves damaged many resort shores and also brought in LOTS of debris and shells. The waves eroded beach fronts everywhere so also uncovered debris. The waves were relentless! Very unusual for Aruba. By midweek the waves stopped churning up the sand and the water began to clear. Usually the water is very clear and you can see the ocean bottom when you go in for a swim. My friend found it on Friday… our last day of vacation.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: November 18, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »

JOHN KELLY: "How you doing?"  He's covered with sweat.  He apparently walked from his house to get there.  And, you know, I just told him to have a seat. Gave him a Diet Coke.  We actually split a Three Musketeers. The one thing I did at the very beginning was show him the $10,000 cash.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37650865/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/5/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »

TM - looks like their Twitter page is working

http://twitter.com/#!/search/24ora
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »

Report: Natalee Holloway's Body Found in Aurba

Authorities in Aruba think they have found the body of missing American teenager Natalee Holloway. This, according to a blog of the Broward Palm Beach New Times called "The Juice."
It wrote on Thursday morning:
A Miami-based flight attendant for American Airlines tells The Juice that a cadaver dog was aboard a Miami-to-Aruba flight. The officer with the dog was going to search for the remains of Holloway.

"They think they've found where Natalee Holloway's remains are, and they're taking the dog down to confirm that," said the flight attendant, who lives in Fort Lauderdale. "They're not telling anybody because Aruba is trying to keep this quiet."

Earlier this week a piece of bone was found on a beach in Aruba. Forensics experts were testing it to see if it is human. If it is, a DNA test would be done to see if it came from Natalee.
WSFA-TV in Montgomery, Alabama reported Thursday that the bone did indeed come from a human, and that it belongs to a young woman. The report says it is part of a lower bone, including an intact molar tooth.
Natalee disappeared during a high school graduation trip to the island in 2005. Joran van der Sloot was last seen with her. He is currently being held for the murder of another young woman in Peru.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/report-natalee-holloway-s-body-found-in-aurba

THIS IS FROM MARCH 2009
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:08:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: November 18, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »

Ok so has this has been proven NOT to be Natalee?

I don't think that is the case at all, Blonde.  I think we agreed years ago that there was no lower jaw
on the skull in that cage.  JMO
OK I do remember that missing lower jaw hmmmm

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »

Ok so has this has been proven NOT to be Natalee?

I don't think that is the case at all, Blonde.  I think we agreed years ago that there was no lower jaw
on the skull in that cage
.  JMO

I agree.  They collected all the bones in that cage.  And just because the lower jaw doesn't look attached doesn't mean it wasn't there.

We do know, however, from Kermit and Jen3560, that the FBI does now have the full-length video of the evidence recovery from the trap.  I imagine they know what was there and what wasn't.

I think we'd all have started a crusade to get the full tape released for analysis if not for the fact that we know its in the capable hands of the FBI.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »

I agree.  They collected all the bones in that cage.  And just because the lower jaw doesn't look attached doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:45 PM »

Authorities in Aruba think they have found the body of missing American teenager Natalee Holloway. This, according to a blog of the Broward Palm Beach New Times called "The Juice."
A Miami-based flight attendant for American Airlines tells The Juice that a cadaver dog was aboard a Miami-to-Aruba flight. The officer with the dog was going to search for the remains of Holloway.

"They think they've found where Natalee Holloway's remains are, and they're taking the dog down to confirm that," said the flight attendant, who lives in Fort Lauderdale. "They're not telling anybody because Aruba is trying to keep this quiet."

Earlier this week a piece of bone was found on a beach in Aruba. Forensics experts were testing it to see if it is human. If it is, a DNA test would be done to see if it came from Natalee.
WSFA-TV in Montgomery, Alabama reported Thursday that the bone did indeed come from a human, and that it belongs to a young woman. The report says it is part of a lower bone, including an intact molar tooth.
Natalee disappeared during a high school graduation trip to the island in 2005. Joran van der Sloot was last seen with her. He is currently being held for the murder of another young woman in Peru.

OLD REPORT FROM MARCH 2009

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2009/03/natalee_holloway_body_found_aruba.php
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:10:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2009/03/natalee_holloway_body_found_aruba.php

Sorry, did not realize they took an old post and added the jaw bone to it to make it all look current. 
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: November 18, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »

REMEMBER THIS ONE

Natalee Holloway's Body Found? Natalee's Father Convinced Photographer to Speak Out
Posted by Carlin DeGuerin Miller

The October 2009 underwater photo provided by John F. Muldowney. (AP Photo/Patti Muldowney)
LANCASTER, Pa. (CBS/WHP) Divers in Aruba have halted their search for Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who disappeared in 2005, until they can better pinpoint exactly where a picture was taken that appears to show human remains on the ocean floor - but they wouldn't have been searching at all if one man hadn't come forward with the picture.

PICTURES: Natalee Holloway: Paradise Lost

John Muldowney and his wife Patti were on vacation in Aruba when they took the now famous photo during a scuba expedition. Muldowney went to his local paper, the Lancaster Journal, and turned the photo over to the FBI, but was reluctant to go to the national media. One call changed his mind.

"The dad called me. Because we weren't going to go on CNN or Nancy Grace," Muldowney told WHP. David Holloway convinced him that stepping out into the national spotlight would help goad the Aruban authorities into action.

And it appears to have worked. Aruban authorities decided to renew actively searching for Natalee's body, sending divers out to once again comb the ocean floor for her remains.

The search has been hindered because the Muldowneys can't recall exactly where along the Aruba coast the pictures were taken - they didn't realize what they had until they got back to the states - and so far police have not been able to locate the tour guide who led the scuba trip.

Muldowney is convinced that the figure in the picture is more than a rock formation and hopes that the divers are able to find it regardless of whether it turns out to be Natalee or not.

"If it's someone else's person, they'll have closure. But it would be nice if that is actually going to be her remains."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20001101-504083.html

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »

Klaas, are you having any problems viewing 24ora?

I haven't been able to get in, I'm thinking they're either down...or there's high traffic.

I can't access either.  I'll keep trying.

www.24ora.com

It just opened for me.

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: November 18, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »

Yes, 24ora appears to be back up now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: November 18, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »

Name Inge Oevering
Bio Press Officer @ Dutch Forensic Institute, and more

Dinner is cold. In USA is rumored that bone Aruba of a young woman. I refer anyone who calls the OM Aruba.  #NFI #Natalee

http://twitter.com/IngeOev
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: November 18, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »

Dutch lab still testing bone for Holloway link

UPDATE: News reports say that Aruban prosecutor has confirmed that the bone belongs to a young woman.

Birmingham, Al  (WIAT)  Still no results from a Dutch forensic lab testing a bone found on a beach in Aruba.

CNN International is reporting investigators could know as early as Thursday whether a jawbone found on an Aruban beach last week belongs to an animal or a human.

If it is human, authorities will then attempt to find out whether it belongs to missing Mountain Brook teenager Natalee Holloway who disappeared on a graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.

Part of the bone is undergoing forensic testing at the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, Netherlands, according to Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken.

Blanken originally said the results could be in as early as Wednesday, but later said that a technical delay means the tests will take a little longer.

"They are testing for a DNA match," said Blanken.  A spokesperson for the forensic institute says testing could take as long as a week.  The jawbone fragment reportedly contains a tooth leading to hope it could be a vital clue in the Holloway disappearance.

Natalee was last seen in the company of Joran van der Sloot.  Van der Sloot is still considered the prime suspect in her disappearance but was never charged by Aruban authorities.  He is currently in prison in Peru facing murder charges in the death of a 21 year old student he met at a poker tournament.The body of 21 year old Stephany Flores was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room.  The Dutchman reportedly told Peruvian investigators he killed Flores after she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop.

Van der Sloot is appealing to have that confession thrown out claiming coercion and other procedural irregularities.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Dutch-lab-still-testing-bone-for-Holloway-link/iHCcgfRB1Ua4Zz366BGpyw.cspx

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: November 18, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/17/aruba.bone.found/

Tests may soon tell if bone in Holloway case is human
Nancy Grace
By the CNN Wire

(CNN) -- Investigators could know as early as Wednesday whether a jawbone found on an Aruban beach last week belongs to an animal or a human, authorities said.

If it is human, authorities will then attempt to find out whether it belongs to missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, who was last seen on the island in 2005.

Part of the bone is undergoing forensic testing at the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, Netherlands, according to Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken.

"They are testing for a DNA match," said Blanken.

Inge Oevering, a spokeswoman for the forensic institute, said the length of testing will depend on the condition of the material, but it normally takes about a week.

The institute's findings will be sent back to the prosecutor's office in Aruba, which will decide whether to make the results public, she said. Oevering declined to provide a description of the material.

Blanken said a part of a jawbone with a tooth was found on Friday by an American tourist near the Phoenix Hotel, a large resort on the western side of Aruba. He took it to the police, Blanken said.

Contacted by CNN, the hotel referred questions to local authorities.

The Dutch paper De Telegraaf similarly reported Tuesday the jawbone was found near the Phoenix Hotel, a location that has been mentioned by Joran Van der Sloot, who was arrested twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance but has not been charged. He has maintained his innocence in her disappearance.

The newspaper said a tourist couple found the bone on the beach and turned it in to the hotel clerk, who alerted authorities, offering a slightly different version of events than Blanken.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined the bone was from a young woman. But Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute in the Netherlands.

"I'm happy that it's human. And the initial finding is that it's from a young woman, so maybe we will be able to solve this case. I hope so. But we will wait to see what the findings are," he said.

Holloway was 18 when she was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad, Aruba, nightclub with van der Sloot and two other men. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.

Van der Sloot, 23, is jailed in Lima, Peru, awaiting trial on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Her body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot. The two were seen entering the room on a surveillance camera.

Van der Sloot is also charged with a count of wire fraud and a count of extortion in Alabama for allegedly attempting to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.

CNN's Susan Candiotti, Laura Perez Maestro, Brian Walker and CNN Radio's Ninette Sosa contributed to this report.

Was there not another young lady who went missing in Aruba?  I believe she was a passenger from one of the cruise ships?  Could she have had an encounter with Joran?  Could if be that the confession regarding the fall from the balcony was ... in actuality ... not about Natalee Holloway.

Janet

+++++++

NANCY GRACE
Natalee`s Mother Confronts Joran in Prison
Aired November 17, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: With us right now, Heather Walsh-Haney, forensic anthropologist, Florida Gulf Coast University. She`s joining us from Ft. Myers via Skype. Heather, explain to me again how is it that you can determine that this is not only human but it is a white female young adult?

HEATHER WALSH-HANEY, FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGIST: Nancy, the way that we do that, first to determine that it`s female, is we`re going to look at the chin area. And as you can see on this example of a lower jawbone that I`m holding here, in females, right on the midline -- which would be here in my own face -- we tend to have a pointier chin. In males, the chin itself tends to be very broad, where you have two little bumps on either side of that midline.

The other thing that these forensic experts are doing is they`re evaluating the age of the jawbone by looking at something like this, the dental development. Here what we can see is that all teeth form first by the crown, then by the roots. We know how to age somebody by the development of those teeth relative to one another.

We can also tell the ancestry or race (INAUDIBLE) or bumps (INAUDIBLE) on those teeth. So it sounds to me, with the ability of these forensic experts to come out and say that they have a female, that it`s a young adult, and that this person is most likely white or of European ancestry, that they have a jaw that they either have the lower jaw or upper jaw and that it is relatively intact.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/17/ng.01.html

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #518 on: November 18, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »

I think you speak of Amy Bradley. She actually didn't go missing in Aruba.

Let me find her link...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=960.0
Amy Lynn Bradley Missing from cruise ship docked at Curcao 3/24/98

Amy Bradley was last seen by family members sitting on the balcony outside their
cabin aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas cruise ship on March 24, 1998.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:55:56 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: November 18, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

Someone on a different site asked if it could be for Amy  Bradley ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.