April 17, 2024, 07:52:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #851 11/16/10 - 11/20/10  (Read 348656 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

It's good to see all the monkeys who seldom post again.  We always come back when there is news.

I thought a positive ID could be made from dental x-rays as no two teeth are identical, same as the theory of fingerprints. 

In any event, there hasn't been news of any other young white female missing in Aruba so doesn't that point to this actually being Natalee?  I think there is quite a bit of difference in a male/female jawbone with the male being much heavier.

I suppose there could be wear and changes in a tooth post-mortem but still think that at least a redumentary ID could be made if they sent x ray of this find to Natalee's dentist.  And after all this time, I am quite sure the ALE have copies of her dental records.

They know more than they are telling already.  But we are accustomed to that routine.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2010, 11:20:58 AM »

Great post, CBB.  There is nothing as powerful as a mother's love.

Gosh, we go to the beach all the time in Galveston.  We never find anything but shark's teeth and shells.  There sure are alot of bones washing up on Aruba.  It's about time they find out whose bones those are.  I am sure Max Devrie's family wants to know also.  Spare yourself Aruba.  Are the Vandersweats really worth it?!

Here's a new slogan for aruba
Come to our beaches,  rated the best for finding human remains and/or become the human remains!

I know!  And think about how much smaller the population and even tourist count would have to be in Aruba versus this huge country.  And yet we donb't have this kind of remains washing ashore all the time.

Just plain creepy!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »

Can you imagine being on vacation in Aruba, walking along the beach and finding human bones?   

No kidding, so much for searching for sea shells ... in Aruba its searching the beaches for body parts.

In Aruba it’s almost become an annual event.  Next year they can try to improve tourism with the 1St Annual Aruban Skeletal Find Festival!

They can have prizes for first bones washed ashore and Van der Stratten can MC the ceremonies.  They could even have a parade with Anita (Arubans 1st family) sitting on the main float!  Actually Anita could be the main float!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:03 AM »

Great post, CBB.  There is nothing as powerful as a mother's love.

Gosh, we go to the beach all the time in Galveston.  We never find anything but shark's teeth and shells.  There sure are alot of bones washing up on Aruba.  It's about time they find out whose bones those are.  I am sure Max Devrie's family wants to know also.  Spare yourself Aruba.  Are the Vandersweats really worth it?!

Here's a new slogan for aruba
Come to our beaches,  rated the best for finding human remains and/or become the human remains!

I know I shouldn't be laughing at this but this is so true.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »

Lmao Lisa

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:09 AM »

Can you imagine being on vacation in Aruba, walking along the beach and finding human bones?   

No kidding, so much for searching for sea shells ... in Aruba its searching the beaches for body parts.

In Aruba it’s almost become an annual event.  Next year they can try to improve tourism with the 1St Annual Aruban Skeletal Find Festival!   

They can have prizes for first bones washed ashore and Van der Stratten can MC the ceremonies.  They could even have a parade with Anita (Arubans 1st family) sitting on the main float!  Actually Anita could be the main float!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »

My favorite was a few years ago their new tourism slogan was:

"Come to Aruba  - the only thing missing is YOU"
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »

Oh and the Kalpoes can have a car wash to raise funds for the event!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »

Thanks TM.  Of course JQK is right but it just feels different this time.

I agree.  Apparently ... the jaw bone has been identified as belonging to a small white female.  How many small white females have been reported missing on that Island.

Janet

How amazing is it that a jaw bone washes ashore and the Aruban LE does not tape off the area as a crime scene and look for other potential bones or remains? They are like, oh its a jaw, no biggy. Wait, there's a skull. No problem mon. UNREAL!

Exactly!!

Maybe ALE knows darn well that no other case related skeletal remains will be found.  They realize that the skull and other bones recovered from the trap on January 7, 2008 by Aruban divers are still in their possession.  Only the jawbone was planted in an attempt to convince Peru to return Joran to Aruban and .. to appease Natalee's family who desperately want to bring Natalee home.  Suspicion would be aroused if the ocean were to give up more remains at the same time.

Janet

+++++

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman
: In my opinion, the blue fabric is quite possibly Natalee's skirt. The divers found the denim where I suggested a week earlier (Dec 29th) to Tim Miller that there was likely Natalee's denim skirt under the sand. Also in my opinion, the deni-like fabric is a match in terms of color, quantity, and structure to Natalee's skirt. It's not a lot of denim folded in the bag, but then again her skirt was rather small.

Kyle Kingman: The most likely to remain at or near it's original location was the skull, which is why I was so convinced the object pictured was a skull.

Kyle Kingman: The bag that is above the denim bag looks to me as though it contains pieces of vertebrae.

Kermit

Natalee Deserves

'The Abrams Report' for July 1
updated 7/6/2005 10:47:38 AM ET

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER:  We cannot forget to demand and expect to have Natalee. Natalee deserves to return to her country. She deserves it, and everyone knows it, every single person. Every single person knows that. They know it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8485029/

All We Want

'Scarborough Country' for July 14
updated 7/15/2005 11:45:26 AM ET

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPFATHER:  Beth and I have been through this emotional roller coaster. And all we want is Natalee, whether she's alive or dead.  We want to bring her back to the United States, and they can do whatever they want to do.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »

I hope to God it's her, and I don't really give a damn how it got there. I do however, extremely doubt that this just washed up after 5 1/2 years.

Me too ...

I still refuse to hold my breath......but I agree.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
FloridaKatz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics FloridaKatz!   

I'm finding it a bit suspicious, now that I read others posts, in this area, with all the shells washing up, how does one just happen to come across a jawbone.  I stood there in that pile of conch shells for a good 45 minutes (yes, trying to figure out if I could get one past immigration to take it home), and there's no way I would have/could have spotted a jaw bone amongst all the shells.  Unless it washed up just to the north of all these, but those big concrete slabs were just to the north of these, so I find it unlikely, unless high tide was really high Thursday night.  It was Thursday during the day when I took these pics.

Sorry I must have missed some of this were you in Aruba aand you took these pictures?

Yes Blonde my husband and I just got back.  We were there all last week.  He's on a 2 week break from his deployment in Afghanistan and he wanted to spend part of that time looking for Natalee.  I just got him on a plane back to Afghanistan yesterday Sad

Praying for Natalee's return.............
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

My favorite was a few years ago their new tourism slogan was:

"Come to Aruba  - the only thing missing is YOU"
IIRC, wasn't this slogan split across 2 billboards at the Holland Tunnel in NYC, where you saw the "Come to aruba - the only thing missing...." before going into the tunnel, then when you came out of the tunnel saw the 2nd billboard with "YOU". I'm sure during the time people were driving through the tunnel they were thinking  "N A T A L E E!!!!!"

Lisa in MD
too funny.
 they can have prizes for the first team that can rebuild the most complete skeletons!

Hi Monkeys!!!!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »

I'm never an optomist when it comes to this, but for some reason I think this is Natalee.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2010, 11:41:22 AM »

I hope to God it's her, and I don't really give a damn how it got there. I do however, extremely doubt that this just washed up after 5 1/2 years.

Me too ...

I still refuse to hold my breath......but I agree.

You took the words right outta my mouth !
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2010, 11:59:26 AM »

I do consider the source ... Nancy Grace and one of her talking heads.  However ... I do believe it is food for thought.  Is the so-called jawbone discovery all about getting Joran back to Aruba?

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Jawbone Found in Aruba, Likely to be White Female
Aired November 16, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: We are taking your calls. Out to the lawyers.

To Elizabeth Kelley. So in a perfect world, of course, this case would have already been indicted for murder one in Aruba, but now that we believe Natalee`s jaw bone has been found, obviously not dead by an accidental or natural cause.

If they indict him or charge him formally with murder, who gets him first? Aruba or Peru?

ELIZABETH KELLEY, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, Nancy, your question is a good one, and prosecutors in Peru and Aruba and a U.S. attorney in Alabama who has charged Joran with extortion are going to be duking that out for a few years.

But what you`ve got to think about is, what is the incentive for Joran at this point? Let`s say he`s convicted in Peru of that murder. It depends on what he`s charged with in Aruba. And there has got to be an incentive for him.

Right now, he`s sitting in a Peruvian jail and if he`s convicted, Peru may not relinquish his person to be tried in Aruba, and certainly not in Alabama on the extortion case.

GRACE: Well, yes, because of course extortion is a lesser offense.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/16/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2010, 12:33:33 PM »

I do consider the source ... Nancy Grace and one of her talking heads.  However ... I do believe it is food for thought.  Is the so-called jawbone discovery all about getting Joran back to Aruba?

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Jawbone Found in Aruba, Likely to be White Female
Aired November 16, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: We are taking your calls. Out to the lawyers.

To Elizabeth Kelley. So in a perfect world, of course, this case would have already been indicted for murder one in Aruba, but now that we believe Natalee`s jaw bone has been found, obviously not dead by an accidental or natural cause.

If they indict him or charge him formally with murder, who gets him first? Aruba or Peru?

ELIZABETH KELLEY, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, Nancy, your question is a good one, and prosecutors in Peru and Aruba and a U.S. attorney in Alabama who has charged Joran with extortion are going to be duking that out for a few years.

But what you`ve got to think about is, what is the incentive for Joran at this point? Let`s say he`s convicted in Peru of that murder. It depends on what he`s charged with in Aruba. And there has got to be an incentive for him.

Right now, he`s sitting in a Peruvian jail and if he`s convicted, Peru may not relinquish his person to be tried in Aruba, and certainly not in Alabama on the extortion case.

GRACE: Well, yes, because of course extortion is a lesser offense.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/16/ng.01.html

This is exactly why I posed that IF question yesterday. However, I was not thinking about the possibility of Aruba charging him and then acquitting him on lack of evidence.

I am sure since three countries would be involved that this would have to be handled thru some international law venue but which case would take precedence?

Would it be Natalee’s case due to time?
Would it be Stephaney’s case due to his capture and possession in Peru?
I know the US would not get first dibs since extortion is the lesser charge.

This is all the more reason for Peru to step on it!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »

Before catching up and reading this and the other posts, I had been imagining tourists now scoping the beaches for remains.....sad thought, but in light of the current 'finding', I would think it could be true. 

How is AHATA going to maneuver this in their tourism campaign? 

When we visited the Jersey shore a couple of months ago, there was an abundance of shells being brought to the beach as the tide came in.  I attempted to search for sea glass for my DH's cousin, who collects it.  I found only shells of many varieties.  A woman asked if she could look through 'our' shells.  I laughed and said help yourself, they're not 'ours', and mentioned that I was only looking for sea glass.  About 10 minutes later, she handed me a small piece she'd discovered.  When the tide is rolling in, things in sight can easily be swept away again, but she was in the right place at the right time.

Point being, Aruba now has this new 'treasure hunt' as a possibility.  How on the mark you might be.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »

Just an FYI, I was reading the new TV Guide and found this:

Sunday 11/28 at 10pm MSNBC:  MSNBC Undercover: Inside the Mind of Joran van der Sloot

I'll save you the time, it looks something like this:

Bearlyhere this is perfect with the two men posed in fear and notably standing in the water as Jan Van der Stratten and Dennis Jacobs!

Robyn621
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »

Hi Monkeys! I don't know if it is just me but this feels different this time. I really feel like it is Natalee. I hope so anyway...her family needs some closure. I, too, am not sure how it was "spotted" on the beach....all broken shell pieces look like bones.  Hope we hear some new news soon.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »

Hi Monkeys! I don't know if it is just me but this feels different this time. I really feel like it is Natalee. I hope so anyway...her family needs some closure. I, too, am not sure how it was "spotted" on the beach....all broken shell pieces look like bones.  Hope we hear some new news soon.

Many of us feel the same way.  This feels different whether the jawbone was "planted" or found accidentally, it feels different.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.