March 28, 2024, 08:01:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #851 11/16/10 - 11/20/10  (Read 347115 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: November 18, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »

Ty Wreck for using changing your avatar back.The dress ? and the hat, well, it wasn't you !
And someone had to tell you, poor thing.
It was, like Janet without her duckie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: November 18, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »

Reading this in a link on the previous page:  "Paul Daymond, an FBI spokesman in Birmingham, Alabama, said the agency sent some records electronically Wednesday and shipped the remaining dental impressions. and then from another link following that one we read "DNA testing on the bone is expected to determine whether or not the bone belongs to Holloway.

What I don't understand is if DNA is expected to determine who it came from why would dental impressions be sent as well?  Back-up?  I don't know if there'd be a problem with an attached molar not having enough material to testfor DNA or not, but would think if it were attached to the bone the material would still be inside the tooth, right?

Tomorrow they will have had the jaw bone a week.  Do you think they flew it to the Netherlands the next day?  How quickly can a big lab get the DNA results back.  I know back-up work in a lab is what usually takes so much time.

Sorry if these questions have been answered as I've missed a few pages of posts.  xox

If by chance they couldn't get enough tissue for a DNA match. Plus I believe dental records would be quicker.
In this day and and age, I can't believe DNA testing takes a few weeks. For non-urgent cases, there may be a back-log -- but, if someone really NEEDS quick answer, I bet the test takes a few hours. This is a bunch of bull.

But if they have difficulties getting enough tissue for a good DNA test the dental records would be a good fall back.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: November 18, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »

Reading this in a link on the previous page:  "Paul Daymond, an FBI spokesman in Birmingham, Alabama, said the agency sent some records electronically Wednesday and shipped the remaining dental impressions. and then from another link following that one we read "DNA testing on the bone is expected to determine whether or not the bone belongs to Holloway.

What I don't understand is if DNA is expected to determine who it came from why would dental impressions be sent as well?  Back-up?  I don't know if there'd be a problem with an attached molar not having enough material to testfor DNA or not, but would think if it were attached to the bone the material would still be inside the tooth, right?

Tomorrow they will have had the jaw bone a week.  Do you think they flew it to the Netherlands the next day?  How quickly can a big lab get the DNA results back.  I know back-up work in a lab is what usually takes so much time.

Sorry if these questions have been answered as I've missed a few pages of posts.  xox

If by chance they couldn't get enough tissue for a DNA match. Plus I believe dental records would be quicker.
In this day and and age, I can't believe DNA testing takes a few weeks. For non-urgent cases, there may be a back-log -- but, if someone really NEEDS quick answer, I bet the test takes a few hours. This is a bunch of bull.

But if they have difficulties getting enough tissue for a good DNA test the dental records would be a good fall back.
Okay, I'll buy that. If the delay is due to actually trying to "extract" enough DNA for a test. If the delay is because the actual test takes 2 weeks -- I don't!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »

Ty Wreck for using changing your avatar back.The dress ? and the hat, well, it wasn't you !

I stole the avi from "Wiplash" The Cowboy Monkey.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »

I stole the avi from "Wiplash" The Cowboy Monkey.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

I feel I have derailed the conversation -- please forgive me. I'll kid around in the "football" thread only. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »

Hague, Netherlands
The current time and date in Hague, Netherlands is
4:16 AM
Friday, November 19, 2010
Central European Time (CET) +0100 UTC

So maybe by early tomorrow we will have the answer?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

The reason I would like this to be Natalee is because for those less familiar with the case, it will be understood, once and for all that Natalee is gone.
If the jaw renders evidence of a date-rape drug, that would be even better
as it would fit in with what is thought to have happened at C & C's.

I doubt that it would lead an arrest. 

The thought that Natalee was once whole and vibrant and that is all that is left for Beth and Dave to bury, is sad beyond words.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

Hague, Netherlands
The current time and date in Hague, Netherlands is
4:16 AM
Friday, November 19, 2010
Central European Time (CET) +0100 UTC

So maybe by early tomorrow we will have the answer?

Maybe yes, and maybe no.  We'll see....thanks, Klaas.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-11-18-aruba-missing-teen_N.htm
FBI: Aruba studying missing teen's dental records
Posted 1h 44m ago
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Dutch authorities are reviewing the dental records of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway as they analyze a jawbone with a tooth in it that was found in Aruba last week, the FBI told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The girl's father, Dave Holloway, said earlier that he provided the records but added that he had received no new official information on the investigation on the Dutch island in the Caribbean.

"The authorities haven't confirmed anything with me," he told the AP in a telephone interview. "It's pretty much total silence."

Paul Daymond, an FBI spokesman in Birmingham, Alabama, said the agency sent some records electronically Wednesday and shipped the remaining dental impressions. It is unclear when those would arrive.

A tourist found a jawbone last Friday and took it to the front desk of the Phoenix Hotel, said Ann Angela, spokeswoman for the Aruba prosecutor's office. It was then sent to the Netherlands for analysis, though there has been no announcement on whether the bone is human.

EXAMINATION: Dutch experts investigate bone for any link to Natalee Holloway

"If it turns out to be a human bone, the investigation will continue," Angela said. "We cannot say when the results will be in."

A forensic scientist in Aruba, however, has said that the bone is from a human female, Dave Holloway told the AP.

Holloway said he received the information from a friend who spoke to the scientist. He did not identify either the friend or the scientist, and did not say whether the scientist is involved in the investigation or otherwise is in a position to know details of the case.

Natalee Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was 18 when she disappeared while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.

She was last seen leaving a bar with Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in her disappearance, on the final night of her trip.

Aruba prosecutors have repeatedly said they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot, who is currently in jail in Peru acused of killing a 21-year-old woman last May 30 — five years to the day after Holloway's disappearance.

The search for Holloway has seen numerous possible leads that turned into dead ends.

Earlier this year, police conducted an underwater search expedition after a couple from Pennsylvania took a picture of what they thought might have been a skull and bones. Divers found nothing but rocks and coral.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »

Posted 1h 44m ago
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Dutch authorities are reviewing the dental records of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway as they analyze a jawbone with a tooth in it that was found in Aruba last week, the FBI told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The girl's father, Dave Holloway, said earlier that he provided the records but added that he had received no new official information on the investigation on the Dutch island in the Caribbean.

"The authorities haven't confirmed anything with me," he told the AP in a telephone interview. "It's pretty much total silence."

Paul Daymond, an FBI spokesman in Birmingham, Alabama, said the agency sent some records electronically Wednesday and shipped the remaining dental impressions. It is unclear when those would arrive.

A tourist found a jawbone last Friday and took it to the front desk of the Phoenix Hotel, said Ann Angela, spokeswoman for the Aruba prosecutor's office. It was then sent to the Netherlands for analysis, though there has been no announcement on whether the bone is human.

"If it turns out to be a human bone, the investigation will continue," Angela said. "We cannot say when the results will be in."

A forensic scientist in Aruba, however, has said that the bone is from a human female, Dave Holloway told the AP.

Holloway said he received the information from a friend who spoke to the scientist. He did not identify either the friend or the scientist, and did not say whether the scientist is involved in the investigation or otherwise is in a position to know details of the case.

Natalee Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was 18 when she disappeared while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.

She was last seen leaving a bar with Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in her disappearance, on the final night of her trip.

Aruba prosecutors have repeatedly said they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot, who is currently in jail in Peru acused of killing a 21-year-old woman last May 30 — five years to the day after Holloway's disappearance.

The search for Holloway has seen numerous possible leads that turned into dead ends.

Earlier this year, police conducted an underwater search expedition after a couple from Pennsylvania took a picture of what they thought might have been a skull and bones. Divers found nothing but rocks and coral.

Who is doing the testing?  Aruba or the Netherlands?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: November 18, 2010, 10:57:22 PM »

Posted 1h 44m ago

Who is doing the testing?  Aruba or the Netherlands?
The Netherlands.......... but, is there really any difference??? 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: November 18, 2010, 10:59:24 PM »

No Wreck there really isn't.  One in the same as far as I am concerned. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #613 on: November 18, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »

I'm puzzled about something. Can't they get DNA from bone regardless of the material available in the tooth root? We know there's bone, right? I mean no bone would mean there's no jaw?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: November 18, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

The reason I would like this to be Natalee is because for those less familiar with the case, it will be understood, once and for all that Natalee is gone.

If the jaw renders evidence of a date-rape drug, that would be even better
as it would fit in with what is thought to have happened at C & C's.

I doubt that it would lead an arrest. 

The thought that Natalee was once whole and vibrant and that is all that is left for Beth and Dave to bury, is sad beyond words.   

Doc Holladay - RU
(aka MIP6/ Mark Purcell)

Doc Holladay PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:08 pm

This family of the runaway Natalee are the lowest forms of life I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing in my life time. I can’t wait for the day when the house of cards that the Twitholes have built on there ongoing lies and deception comes falling down around there shoulders. I also can not wait until the day that Julia tells all, even though she is a class act, I think she will someday put it all out there.

Doc Holladay PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:43 am

Girls disappearing in Aruba would be on every front page newspaper in the free world “IF” it had ever occurred prior to or after Natalee split to get away from her dysfunctional, cold & heartless, bar rag banshee of a mother.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: November 18, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »

I still cannot comprehend Dave and Robin's relationship with Mark Purcell when his dispicable words regarding Natalee and Matt's mother are considered.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #616 on: November 18, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »

I just took a quick look and found that even fossilized bone contains DNA and the DNA is retrievable. 

Come to think of it, Zahra was identified through bone DNA.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: November 18, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »

I'm puzzled about something. Can't they get DNA from bone regardless of the material available in the tooth root? We know there's bone, right? I mean no bone would mean there's no jaw?

What they really want is soft tissue.  They might be able to extract some soft tissue from the root canal.  DNA can be done I believe with just the bone but it would likely take longer.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: November 18, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »

Face to Face with Joran

Beth Holloway

Exerpts:

'I wanted to peel the skin off his face. I'm thinking this is it, this is my one chance and I'll never get this chance again.

'My eyes met his and we were face to face. The only thing I had left in me was just to speak from the heart.'

'Tell me what happen.  Let me take her home.'

'If he thinks I've been pestering him for the past five years, he hasn't seen anything yet.'

'There is more to come … there is more to come.'

September, 2010

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/archief/de-confrontatie-tussen-beth-en-joran/

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: November 18, 2010, 11:28:44 PM »

Well, they can get DNA from Neanderthal bones 38,000 years old -- I don't know why they couldn't get from a 6 year old sample.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/evidence/lowbandwidth/INT_ancient_dna.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.