March 29, 2024, 04:29:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #851 11/16/10 - 11/20/10  (Read 347223 times)
Patriot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »

Do we even know if this Jetty was there in 2005?

I walked those beaches years ago and don't remember seeing any Jetty's..
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »

Don't you all just wonder what would have happened if the tourists brought the bone home to the USA?  Could this have passed through security?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »

Jinkasaurus is set outside of the Prosecutors office in Aruba

says they are all inside with the solicitor general and are waiting to hear from the Hague.

she has been to the beach where the bone was found and will be broadcasting footage

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

Source: Dutch Officials 'Almost Certainly Know' Whether Jaw Bone Belongs to Natalee Holloway

The Dutch forensics team charged with examining a jaw bone that washed up on an Aruban beach has had Natalee Holloway's dental records in hand since Tuesday, more than enough time to make a comparison, a source close to the family said today.

"They almost certainly know by now the results," the source told ABC News.

"There are mixed signals," the source said. "If it wasn't her I'd think they'd come out and say it wasn't her with all the fanfare."

Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken made headlines Thursday by telling CNN that the jaw bone was that of a young woman. Yet, after flying to the Netherlands for the testing, Blanken is headed home to Aruba, the source said, based on information out of Aruba.

The Forensic Institute said earlier this week that the announcement of the findings would be left to Aruban authorities.

The bone, which the Dutch-language paper de Telegraff reported was the lower half of the jaw with one molar still intact, was found by tourists last week on a beach in Aruba.

MORE...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/natalee-holloway-case-authorities-results-test-jaw-bone/story?id=12191532
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

Don't you all just wonder what would have happened if the tourists brought the bone home to the USA?  Could this have passed through security?

I would have sent it via FedEx or UPS.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: November 19, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »

Natalee Holloway's mother issues statement on jawbone testing
ARUBA (WBRC) - Scientists are testing DNA to see if a jawbone is a match for missing Mountain Brook Teenager Natalee Holloway. Tourists found the bone on a beach in Aruba last week and took it to a hotel front desk.

Since then, the bone has been sent to the Netherlands and preliminary tests have shown it came from a human female.

Holloway's father says he turned over his daughters dental records to authorities for testing.

Natalee’s mother released this statement today:

"There is no good answer, whether it is Natalee or whether it isn't. But no answer at all is the most unbearable. We appreciate everyone's loving care and concern and are anxious about the developments."

http://www.foxalabamanews.com/2010/11/natalee-holloways-mother-issues.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #766 on: November 19, 2010, 01:53:51 PM »

Beth has a way of getting to the point graciously. Her quote is well said.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #767 on: November 19, 2010, 01:57:32 PM »

Oh, now that's good thinking!! I think it's fortunate that this forum has you on this side of the law. If you weren't San, you'd be really scarey!   
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #768 on: November 19, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »

Do we even know if this Jetty was there in 2005?

I walked those beaches years ago and don't remember seeing any Jetty's..

Here’s your answer this was posted on Visit Aruba . Com in  Oct. 2004 and I might add here again that since there is no coral there as per 2nd comment that people snorkeling would be more inclined to go where the fish and coral are.

Thursday, October 21st, 2004, 03:42 PM

sherry 
Mild Mannered Meek SuperModerator       Join Date: April 15th, 2004

Re: Beach snorkeling
the only place in the high rise area that i have ever seen fish larger than a minnow is in front of the aruba phoenix. on each side there is a jetty and we snorkeled the one on the right side. it is shallow and fish filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownbob
Hi, Yes, you can snorkel from shore in Aruba. However, the beaches in front of the high rises are devoid of coral which seems to provide the best snorkeling. Try Shoerdiving.com for really good info on where to go...see the abc section, then select Aruba. Bob

« Reply #769 on: November 19, 2010, 02:03:33 PM »

Name Inge Oevering
Bio Persvoorlichter @ Nederlands Forensisch Instituut, en meer.

Oh no, Heart of NL sends a camera crew ... # # NFI Natalee
about 3 hours ago from web

I'm going home. A little wave to the satellite truck. Would they still be there Monday?

Get help now offer DNA testing. Free. Because it is a high profile case. Thanks, so very generous. # # Natalee NFI

Satellite truck outside the NFI #. Images to make the 'news' on the bone, I guess. It just keeps calling ... # Natalee

Neehee, I'm still not really about the Aruban bone. Please contact Aruba! # # NFI Natalee

http://twitter.com/IngeOev
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #770 on: November 19, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

http://www.thirdage.com/news/natalee-holloway-case-fbi-gets-involved_11-19-2010

Natalee Holloway Case: FBI Gets Involved

Posted November 19, 2010 1:33 PM

Natalee Holloway has captivated America since the fateful day we learned first of her disappearance. Since then, we've seen Joran Van der Sloot appear on secret video tapes discussing the Alabama teenager's final days. While he remains jailed for a separate murder in Peru, Americans look forward to seeing the case closed. Today, we learn that the FBI is getting involved with the matter and is actively working with Duth authorities in Aruba where a few breaks in the case may have been made this week.

At this point in time, on Friday afternoon, Dutch authorities are reviewing the dental records of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway as they analyze a jawbone with a tooth in it that was found in Aruba last week, the FBI told The Associated Press on Thursday. The girl's father, Dave Holloway, said earlier that he provided the records but added that he had received no new official information on the investigation on the Dutch island in the Caribbean.

"The authorities haven't confirmed anything with me," he told the AP in a telephone interview. "It's pretty much total silence."

Paul Daymond, an FBI spokesman in Birmingham, Alabama, said the agency sent some records electronically Wednesday and shipped the remaining dental impressions. It is unclear when those would arrive.

A tourist found a jawbone last Friday and took it to the front desk of the Phoenix Hotel, said Ann Angela, spokeswoman for the Aruba prosecutor's office. It was then sent to the Netherlands for analysis, though there has been no announcement on whether the bone is human.

"If it turns out to be a human bone, the investigation will continue," Angela said. "We cannot say when the results will be in."

A forensic scientist in Aruba, however, has said that the bone is from a human female, Dave Holloway told the AP.

Holloway said he received the information from a friend who spoke to the scientist. He did not identify either the friend or the scientist, and did not say whether the scientist is involved in the investigation or otherwise is in a position to know details of the case.

Natalee Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was 18 when she disappeared while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005.

She was last seen leaving a bar with Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in her disappearance, on the final night of her trip.

Aruba prosecutors have repeatedly said they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot, who is currently in jail in Peru acused of killing a 21-year-old woman last May 30 - five years to the day after Holloway's disappearance.

The search for Holloway has seen numerous possible leads that turned into dead ends.

Earlier this year, police conducted an underwater search expedition after a couple from Pennsylvania took a picture of what they thought might have been a skull and bones. Divers found nothing but rocks and coral.

Read more: http://www.thirdage.com/news/natalee-holloway-case-fbi-gets-involved_11-19-2010#ixzz15ky7Z2qH

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: November 19, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

Oh, now that's good thinking!! I think it's fortunate that this forum has you on this side of the law. If you weren't San, you'd be really scarey!   

an angelic monkey
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: November 19, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »

Thanks 2NJSons_Mom  an angelic monkey It's good to know our FBI is in on it!   
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #773 on: November 19, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »

an angelic monkey
Yeah, I never thought about sending UPS or FEDEX.  Guess I as thinking about the possib ility of the bone being human and I would be scared if I got caught trying to send it out of the country. 
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: November 19, 2010, 02:25:02 PM »

So, is the concensus that there will be an announcement of the findings today with all the reporters gathering there?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #775 on: November 19, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »

So, is the concensus that there will be an announcement of the findings today with all the reporters gathering there?

Let's hope..........

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #776 on: November 19, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »

Let's hope..........

Knowing the way they operate in Aruba, they will call everybody together and say the one person with all the information is on vacation!!!!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: November 19, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

They just said on HLN that results COULD be as EARLY as today.
They know already, I'm sure of it.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: November 19, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

They've always known.  It's a matter of if they are going to say the truth.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: November 19, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »

They've always known.  It's a matter of if they are going to say the truth.

Exactly. We can only hope.

OMGWTF

Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.