April 17, 2024, 05:47:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female remains found in barrel in N. Harris County TX  (Read 10738 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: October 25, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

Human remains found in barrel in N. Harris County

Updated at 03:06 PM today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a grisly discovery in north Harris County last week. Skeletal remains appearing to be that of a female were found inside a barrel on a man's property.

According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, a Crime Stoppers tip alerted authorities to the remains in a barrel at a home in the 7500 block of Split Oak Court. When deputies went the home, they met with a man who was living there with the property owner, Dennis Anderson.

The roommate allowed deputies to search the property, where in the back yard, they found the barrel with the remains inside.

According to court documents, the barrel appeared to be old and rusted and had some black paint on it. The bolts at the top of the barrel also appeared to be rusty.

Dirt was placed inside the barrel on top of the female body. The victim's legs had been tied together with what appeared to be weed eater line. Line was tied around the woman's neck as well. The body was wrapped in a bed sheet, and then two black trash bags were wrapped around there. According to investigators, the body appeared to have been decaying for several months.

The remains have been sent to forensics for identification and a cause of death.

Authorities are looking for Anderson so they can question him about the body. Anderson, 64, has been charged with tampering with a corpse. Bail has been set at $50,000.

Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison.

We've also learned that Anderson has an arson conviction and two theft convictions, one of which was as recent as last July when he served less than a month in custody

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS or the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division at 713-967-5810.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7744456

Investigators want to speak with Dennis Anderson (left) after human remains were discovered in a barrel in the back yard of a home he owns. His roomate, Edward Hanson, showed us where the barrel was.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:27:57 PM »

WTH????

snipped from above article:

Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison.

if he was convicted in 1972 and sentenced to life in prison, how the heck did he commit another murder in 1973 and get convicted to life again? now he has murdered again!so life in prison now is only a year?? give me strength!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-body-barrel-story,0,5708709.story
Woman's Body Found in Barrel
Police Now Looking for Man Who Has Killed Before
Matt Sampsell
KIAH
October 25, 2010
HOUSTON — A gruesome murder in Northwest Houston has police on the lookout for a man who has killed before.

Harris County officials were searching Monday for 64-year-old Dennis Anderson in connection with the discovery of a woman's body stuffed in a 55-gallon barrel found in Anderson's backyard.

Anderson was last seen leaving his house the morning of Oct. 21 -- the day the body was found.

Anderson served 17 years in prison after being convicted of murder in Bell County, Texas. He also served time for robbery in Harris County in February.

Police went to Anderson's home after getting a tip through Crime Stoppers. The tipster claimed Anderson confessed to strangling the victim and stuffing the body in a barrel. The anonymous caller also claimed Anderson took the barrel with him whenever he traveled around the country.

Anderson's roommate, Edward Hanson, had been renting a room from Anderson for two weeks. He said Anderson was a smart, friendly guy who once confessed to him that he killed two people in self defense.

I'm with Cookie....WTH?   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 08:41:52 AM »

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Paroled_Houston_Killer_Sought_in_New_Murder_105761603.html
Paroled Houston Killer Sought in New Murder
A Houston man convicted of murder in 1972 and later released on parole is now wanted in another murder in the Houston area.
Reporter: Paul J. Gately
Email Address: paul.gately@kwtx.com
HOUSTON (October 26, 2010)-A convicted killer is being sought by South Texas lawmen after a woman's body was found in a barrel at the suspect's Houston area home.

Dennis Ray Anderson, 64, is the subject of an intensive search by Harris County deputy sheriffs and other law enforcement agencies after a telephone tip to Crime Stoppers last Thursday led officers to find a body inside a barrel.
The body, as yet unidentified, was found clothed in a t-shirt with a blue-flowered pattern and the word "Cherokee" printed on it.

Anderson faces charges of tampering with evidence, related to
the corpse.

Anderson was sentenced to life in prison for murder over the 1972 slaying of a woman and her 3-year-old granddaughter during an antique shop robbery Kountze.

The victims were Mabel McCormick and Leslie Bowman.

Anderson served near 17 years in prison before being paroled in

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »

WTH????

snipped from above article:

if he was convicted in 1972 and sentenced to life in prison, how the heck did he commit another murder in 1973 and get convicted to life again? now he has murdered again!so life in prison now is only a year?? give me strength!

Look at this......
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7262899.html
Body found in barrel in convicted murderer's Houston yard
By PEGGY O'HARE and AIMEE BURAS
Copyright 2010, HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Oct. 26, 2010, 6:07AM
<snipped>
Anderson, 64, remained missing early Tuesday morning — but he is charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse, a second-degree felony offense. His bail is set at $50,000. Sheriff's homicide investigators are continuing to search for him.

Anderson was sentenced to life in prison in 1972 and again in 1973 after being convicted of murder with malice for stabbing a grandmother to death and drowning her 3-year-old granddaughter in a toilet bowl during an antique shop robbery in the East Texas town of Kountze, The Associated Press reported at the time.

He served nearly 17 years behind bars before he was paroled. But since being freed, he has landed in trouble again — first on a robbery charge in Harris County earlier this year, now for the body in the barrel.

<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:50 AM »

Indeed....that is our Injustice system hard at work.....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »

HELLO.............

THIS NEEDS TO BE ON America's most wanted NOW..........NOW!
WTF???????????

Killer hunted after body found in barrel
Published: Oct. 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM

HOUSTON, Oct. 27 (UPI) -- The hunt is on for a convicted murderer after a woman's body was found in a barrel in his back yard, authorities in Houston said.

Harris County sheriff's homicide investigators went to Dennis Ray Anderson's home Thursday after receiving a Crime Stoppers tip, the Houston Chronicle reported.

They found a barrel containing an unidentified female's decaying body covered in dirt. Her legs were tied with wiring, which also was wrapped around her neck, a criminal complaint said.

Investigators estimated the victim had been dead for months.

Anderson, 64, is charged with tampering with evidence, and homicide investigators are still searching for him. He was not at the house when it was searched last week, CNN reported.

Anderson was sentenced to life in 1972 for stabbing a woman to death and drowning her granddaughter in a toilet bowl during a robbery. Anderson served nearly 17 years before being paroled. He was charged in a robbery earlier this year.

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers Oct. 18, saying Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel outside his house.

A man who had rented a room from him for the past two weeks told KIAH-TV, Houston, Anderson told him he had done time and said he had acted in self defense.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/10/27/Killer-hunted-after-body-found-in-barrel/UPI-21611288157577/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »

JMPO this may be the missing girl from TX ....... Alexandria "Ali" Lowitzer probably not, but I wonder.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »

Suspect in barrel body case found dead in Florida
By DALE LEZON
Copyright 2010 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Nov. 1, 2010, 10:39AM

A man wanted in connection to a woman's body found late last month stuffed into a 55-gallon drum on his property in northwest Harris County has been found dead in Florida.

The body of Dennis Anderson, 64, was discovered Friday in Escambia County hanging in a motel room, the Harris County Sheriff's Office announced today.

He was charged with tampering with evidence — specifically a human corpse - after a woman's body was found in the drum in the 7500 block of Split Oak Court Oct. 21.

His roommate said he had not seen Anderson since Oct. 20.

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers Oct. 18 alleging that Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel stashed at the side of his house.

When sheriff's homicide investigators went to Anderson's home Oct. 21, his roommate, who had been living there only two weeks, gave officers permission to check the backyard. Investigators found a number of large metal drums there, many capable of containing a body - but only one of those barrels was bolted shut.

After prying the barrel open, investigators found the unidentified woman, whose head was sticking above the dirt packed inside the container.

Her knees were pulled up to her chest, court records show. Under the dirt, a bedsheet was wrapped around the female's body, and two trash bags were wrapped over the sheet.

Homicide investigators estimated the victim appeared to have been dead for several months. How she died has not yet been determined.

The case is still being investigated.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7273378.html

still no ID on the woman.......

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 08:08:26 AM »

Seems ridiculous that there are no updates to this. I don't expect all the answers so soon, but you'd think they would release something more.......  Rolling Eyes

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 08:33:14 AM »

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNIT Give us an age range!!!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »

I know it so frustrating! I have looked too for updates and there has been absolutely nothing. I don't know what is up with Houston/Harris county. I hardly ever see updates on cases there for some reason and if you do it is 6 months after the fact if at all.
I can not imagine how frustrating it is for the families of crime victims.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »

I'm quite surprised.  I have always HEARD you do not commit major crimes in Texas...the "good  old boys" strongly believe in the death penalty and long prison terms. 

With so many missing people, I pray she is identified soon so one family can bring their child home...you are always someone's child regardless of how old you get....

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/default/article/A-timeline-of-a-killer-from-Kountze-murders-to-816472.php

There is also an old photo of the criminal in court.  I searched the names of Mabel McCormick and her granddaghter.

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:55 PM »

snipped:

o Sept. 18: Anderson testifies that Young smothered and stuffed 3-year-old Leslie Bowman in a toilet and suggests he helped in stabbing McCormick by helping to hold her down while Anderson stabbed her. He also testifies that before the killings started, he let Bowman sit on his lap and read her a story while she ate her pancake breakfast.

o Sept. 19: Fred Young's mother tells jurors that there were things about Anderson that made her think something was wrong with him. A mutual friend, Dean "Dino" Moore, 19, testified that Anderson told war stories about his time in Vietnam, including that he dropped Vietnamese children from helicopters and shot them as they fell.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/default/article/A-timeline-of-a-killer-from-Kountze-murders-to-816472.php#page-3
glad he hung himself...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »

he sounds like a real monster...one of many that we have read about lately..

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »

What I found beyond belief was that his co defendent in the murder of the woman and her granddaughter, was sentenced to fifteen years probation.   Somehow I am missing something in this story. 

Terri
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »

What I found beyond belief was that his co defendent in the murder of the woman and her granddaughter, was sentenced to fifteen years probation.   Somehow I am missing something in this story. 

Terri

me too Terri...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 02:38:34 PM »

I know it so frustrating! I have looked too for updates and there has been absolutely nothing. I don't know what is up with Houston/Harris county. I hardly ever see updates on cases there for some reason and if you do it is 6 months after the fact if at all.
I can not imagine how frustrating it is for the families of crime victims.

STILL no info on the remains...other than 'female'. Ridiculous!

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »

It bothers me that the perp took this barrel with him wherever he went. Why? Is it because it is the body of someone that is a high profile missing person? I can not see why he would care if this was a prostitute, someone that no one probably even knows is missing.

Ugh....c'mon Houston step it up!!

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.