May 28, 2024, 04:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 174795 times)
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »

I am so sad for little Zahra.

She seems like she was a breath of fresh air and a blessing to be around.

It bothers me that if Step Mom has been co-operating, wrote the ransome kidnap note and placed it on the vehicle in her own yard. She has a good idea where Zahra is. Something has got to give. I also think Mom had an accomplice with everything being discarded

Zahra you deserved much more baby girl. Justice is coming soon!

Hi all Monkeys!!!!  I agree Roxie...what idiots...but what I was thinking was this...EB wrote the ransom note, stuck it in the vehicle, doused the vehicle with gasoline....THEN realized that she could not start it on fire because then she would burn up the ransom note and they would not have a reason to call the cops...BUT what I wonder is...if fire crews came up there earlier to put out the fires...how is it that no one noticed at that time...the vehicle that had gasoline poured on it...surely the odor would have drawn attention.  Definitely a drug induced plan.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »

BIOMUM, if your reading, please dont (what if), it took me 22yr
to stop what IFing, every single day, and 4 rounds of therapy
sometimes it still creeps into a dream, and wakes me, what i got
from the therapy sessions is....you cant know, so whatever you said
or did would not have made a difference, in the real life situation
mine was IF i had not walked away, maybe i could have stopped it
and that weird mind reading thing i can do sometimes, didnt happen
at that moment in time, and that is the thing that bugged me the most,
ya know, WHY didnt i hear his thoughts, then maybe i wouldnt have
walked away
if you are what IFing, please seek therapy,or it will drive you crazy
 and therapy may have to be for a long time, take care of yourself,
 rest assured i have faith that the peoples of the United States of America,
and our justice system will do their best to seek justice for Zahra
i do feel so badly, that Zahra has so many advocates after the fact
one more time,please rejoice in what you have, not what you could of had
my experience tells me that will help keep you level, and forward thinking
i hope im making sense to you

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Search for Zahra being scaled back after week of progress
Posted: Oct 09, 2010 7:05 PM PDT Updated: Oct 29, 2010 2:52 PM PDT

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators scaled back a search at the Hickory house where missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker lived.

At the same time, the search resumed in Caldwell County along Christie Road, where what is believed to be the child's prosthetic leg was found late Tuesday. The search was expanded from the area the leg was found to include both sides of the pavement along the two and a half mile road.

Two teams with investigators and cadaver dogs walked along the highway. "They weren't cutting back brush, just walking and looking," said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones.

Back at the house in Hickory, investigators were gone by lunchtime, but an SBI investigations truck was parked in the driveway, crime scene tape was still up around the property, and two Hickory Police cars with officers inside could be seen.

One guarded the front of the property, the other, the back. Officials acknowledged it was a sign that they are not finished looking at the house and the property just yet.

Since Wednesday, crews have been sifting through mulch piles, wood piles and holes dug by a backhoe. SBI investigators were also spotted inside.

Officials say it has been a week of progress with the prosthetic leg being found, a mattress in question being discovered at the landfill and Elisa Baker talking with police.

Despite that, they say a lot of work is still ahead before they have the answers to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the ten year old girl.

novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »

BIOMUM, my condolences.  I know the feeling of lost babies and the uphill struggle to find them when you are not in the same country as them.  I also know the battle against the courts when you are not in the same country as your children.  I know my above post was...well...if you are reading...I am sorry.  I will hold you and Zahra in my prayers...it is the best that I can say when I know very little can bring you comfort.  As CW618 said...there will be justice.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632109/identifying-prosthetic-leg-as-zahra-s-may-be-difficult

7:15 PM
Identifying prosthetic leg as Zahra's may be difficult

By: Jennifer Moxley

HUDSON, N.C. – After a second search of Christie Road Friday, investigators left without any new evidence. That's the same area they recovered a prosthetic leg from on Tuesday.

Saturday marks three weeks since 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing. Since then, Hickory Police have been searching for Zahra's prosthetic leg.

When investigators found an artificial limb Tuesday, the police chief said they would have to match the serial number to Zahra's medical records. However, a prosthetic expert said that's not so easy.

“That's kind of a long-shot because all the prosthetic parts are not identified by serial numbers,” said Randy King, an Orthotist/Prosthetist. “Some feet are, some feet are not. So you're chances are probably pretty slim.”

Police were not searching in the Baker's backyard on Friday. They maintain a 24-hour police presence at the home and it is roped off as a crime scene because they plan to return.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632109/identifying-prosthetic-leg-as-zahra-s-may-be-difficult

7:15 PM
Identifying prosthetic leg as Zahra's may be difficult

By: Jennifer Moxley

HUDSON, N.C. – After a second search of Christie Road Friday, investigators left without any new evidence. That's the same area they recovered a prosthetic leg from on Tuesday.

Saturday marks three weeks since 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing. Since then, Hickory Police have been searching for Zahra's prosthetic leg.

When investigators found an artificial limb Tuesday, the police chief said they would have to match the serial number to Zahra's medical records. However, a prosthetic expert said that's not so easy.

“That's kind of a long-shot because all the prosthetic parts are not identified by serial numbers,” said Randy King, an Orthotist/Prosthetist. “Some feet are, some feet are not. So you're chances are probably pretty slim.”

Police were not searching in the Baker's backyard on Friday. They maintain a 24-hour police presence at the home and it is roped off as a crime scene because they plan to return.

Well, they need to see if Zahra's DNA is on the leg!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »

What are the odds of someone else disposing of a prosthetic leg in this county at this time. I would say probably a million to one.

2 4 1
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »

What are the odds of someone else disposing of a prosthetic leg in this county at this time. I would say probably a million to one.
Exactly, and yes there has to be DNA on that leg I would think.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

i think all the stuff with the prosthetic leg, is a formality for the legal issues,
like as what has been said a mill to one, a jury would feel the same way im sure

BIOMUM, my condolences.  I know the feeling of lost babies and the uphill struggle to find them when you are not in the same country as them.  I also know the battle against the courts when you are not in the same country as your children.  I know my above post was...well...if you are reading...I am sorry.  I will hold you and Zahra in my prayers...it is the best that I can say when I know very little can bring you comfort.  As CW618 said...there will be justice.

thanks novella, you said it more concise and to the point, ive had a couple of foster children
no child naturally, so hard for me to know that feeling, not sure it would be the same
but some how i think maybe not

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

Yes well everyone knows it is her leg but the police have to PROVE it.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:59 PM »

Biomom's postings are so sad. If the two events are connected, there is no way she could have known. Her intentions were to find her daughter and rightfully so, she did nothing wrong.
But it has to be asked, is there away they moved Zahra so the biomom would not find her? Or I suppose if she was in bad shape they put this plan in motion to cover themselves. This case is heartbreaking.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »

biomum said: { Oct 28, 2010 - 09:10:07 }
Val,

I have had no communication with Karen, it was through my god friend and her mother. Karen would have nothing to do with me, and actually proceeded to “badmouth” me to my friend….
I can’t remember the day I got the response, as it was via “facebook chat”, but I got a text from my friend on Oct 12, and she was upset because of the horrible things karen had been saying about me, and was feeling heartbroken at the fact she had to break the news to me about Zahra’s disappearance.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/28/zahra-baker-case-a-review-of-yesterdays-activities/#comments
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2010, 10:17:15 PM »

Yes well everyone knows it is her leg but the police have to PROVE it.

I am wondering....let's say LE has found a tooth, or bits of bone belonging to Zahra  in the search area.  Would they then have to prove that the leg is Zahra's?  I mean, what kind of co-inkydink would that be.  Most likely there are not that many child amputee's in that area.
I think LE will get enough evidence to make a case against one or both, I am hoping for both.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »

Chances are a normal person would donate to a childrens program for the under priviledged rather that trash such an expensive gift.
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2010, 11:43:53 PM »

some of the comment to this article are .....
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/29/more-evidence-taken-home-ar-492127/#comments
Roxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:31 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/10/zahra-bakers-mother.html

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »

What are the chances of someone disposing of a prosthetic leg in this country at this time with the fingerprints of AB or EB or both, after the police have been advised to search this particular area by AB or EB?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »

Elisa Baker in court for worthless checks
Baker has more than 20 counts in several counties still pending against her.

NEWTON --
Elisa Baker did not appear in court on Friday alongside her attorney, Scott Reilly. He asked to be appointed as Baker’s attorney for her worthless check charges in Catawba County.

Reilly already represents Baker on the charge of felony obstruction of justice in the case of Baker’s missing 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra. Baker admitted to writing a false ransom note, asking for $1 million.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9 by her father, Adam Baker. Zahra, a cancer survivor, lost her lower left leg to the illness, as well as part of her hearing. Her prosthetic leg was not found at the home when she was reported missing, but her two hearing aids were. Someone outside of the family last saw Zahra on Sept. 25. Zahra’s disappearance has turned into a homicide investigation, with investigators searching several locations in Caldwell, Burke and Catawba counties. Most of the spots are related to where the Bakers used to live.

Baker was scheduled for court Friday for seven counts of worthless checks: four under her married name, Elisa Baker, and three under another name she sometimes uses, Elisa Young. The worthless check charges Baker was due in court for on Friday were:

$64.88, Fresh Air Galaxy

$136.49, Food Lion

$122.47, Food Lion

$158.04, Food Lion

$243.53, Walmart

$80.98, Walmart

$110.57, Walmart

Baker also is facing one count of failure to return rental property to Aaron’s Sales and Lease Ownership, a rent-to-own store, under the name of Elisa Young. Some of the offenses date back to 2002.

Judge Amy Sigmon appointed Reilly on Friday to be Baker’s attorney for these charges.

Baker is also facing several worthless check charges in Caldwell County. Reilly said it hadn’t been discussed yet if he would be her attorney in those cases, but said for efficiency’s sake and because it’s the same judicial district, it would be prudent for him to represent Baker on those charges, as well.

Baker, 42, is currently in jail on a $97,200 bond. Her next court date for the Catawba County worthless check charges is Dec. 17.

Elisa A. Baker’s upcoming court dates
-Nov. 1: Burke County, worthless check, Elisa A. Proctor

-Nov. 3: Catawba County, felony obstruction of justice, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, driving while license revoked; fictitious/revoked registration card/tag, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, operating a vehicle with no insurance, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, misdemeanor fraud disposal of mortgage property, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, driving while license revoked, unsafe tires, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, failure to return rental property on which there is a purchase option, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, misdemeanor communicating threats, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 18: Caldwell County, worthless check, Elisa A. Baker

-Nov. 23: Lincoln County, worthless check, Elisa A. Young

-Nov. 29: Alexander County, driving while license revoked, Elisa A. Young

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/30/elisa-baker-court-worthless-checks-ar-495550/
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2010, 02:35:19 AM »

This is what happens when you are too tired to have a conversation and should be in bed!! haha

OH, MODERATOR!!

CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE MY LAST TWO POSTS??

THANK YOU!!

Removed 3 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 08:40:23 AM by klaasend » Logged

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2010, 03:26:30 AM »

Huh?  Monkeyking.... are you posting in the wrong place by accident? 

I just read what Zahra's bio mom wrote about how she lost custody of Zahra and then lost track of her.  My heart goes out to her.  This happens all the time.  One parent runs off with them and nothing can be done if there have never been any formal custody papers drawn up before this happens.  I hate it!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.