May 28, 2024, 10:41:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 174805 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: November 03, 2010, 04:40:01 PM »

O/T  I just spent over 4 hours trying to report elderly abuse (on my neighbor) no luck. 5 phone numbers I went through LOCALLY and still no response. I even called the police. PATHETIC!!! Sorry O/T and not relevant.

aawww nut......I can hear your frustration......I hope someone will listen.....call your local TV station...that usually gets some action!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: November 03, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Hickory-PD-draining-pond-in-Zahra-search-106620584.html

Hickory PD: Bone found could be related to Zahra Baker case

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on November 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Updated today at 4:30 PM

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. – Hickory police say they found a bone while searching in Caldwell County and that bone could be connected to the Zahra Baker case. The bone will be sent to the Medical Examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for further examination. 

Hickory police reported the find after spending part of Wednesday draining a pond near Christie Road and searching the woods near that pond. Neighbors say the area smells, because hunters dump deer carcasses there.

A prosthetic leg that belonged to the 10-year-old cancer survivor was found at a search site off of Christie Road last Wednesday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: November 03, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/

Bone recovered in Zahra Baker case

By Sarah Newell williamson
Published: November 03, 2010
 HUDSON --

Hickory police said they have recovered a bone Wednesday in connection to the Zahra Baker case.

Police would not confirm where the bone was recovered, other than saying it was in Caldwell County. However, they have spent the majority of the day along Christie Road, off Pine Mountain Road, searching. Christie Road is the same area that Baker's prosthetic leg was found last week.

Investigators with the SBI, Hickory Police Department and the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office arrived at Christie Road at about 9 a.m. Wednesday. They searched along the road, before going into the woods. They even drained a pond that was in a section of the woods, but did not recover anything in the pond, said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department.

Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from.

The bone will now be sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for further testing. After those tests are completed and it's determined that the bone is connected to the Zahra Baker case, it will go to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

Zahra Clare Baker, 10, has been missing for nearly a month and Hickory police, in conjunction with several other agencies, have worked avidly to find her. She was first reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, on Oct. 9. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation. Someone outside of the family last saw Zahra on Sept. 25 at a furniture store in Hickory. Elisa, 42, is currently in jail for writing a false ransom note, in which she demanded $1 million. Police charged Elisa with obstruction of justice. On Monday, Elisa was indicted on the same charge. She has also been arrested on several other charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Adam was arrested, as well, for several charges unrelated to the case. He has since bonded out of jail.

Several areas have been searched for Zahra or for evidence in connection with her disappearance, including a landfill in Caldwell County, several former rental properties or sites near where the Bakers use to live in Caldwell County, their Hickory home and Adam Baker’s employer, Real Tree Services, in Morganton.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: November 03, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »

Bone recovered in Zahra Baker case

HUDSON --
Hickory police said they have recovered a bone Wednesday in connection to the Zahra Baker case.

Police would not confirm where the bone was recovered, other than saying it was in Caldwell County. However, they have spent the majority of the day along Christie Road, off Pine Mountain Road, searching. Christie Road is the same area that Baker's prosthetic leg was found last week.

Investigators with the SBI, Hickory Police Department and the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office arrived at Christie Road at about 9 a.m. Wednesday. They searched along the road, before going into the woods. They even drained a pond that was in a section of the woods, but did not recover anything in the pond, said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department.

Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from.

The bone will now be sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for further testing. After those tests are completed and it's determined that the bone is connected to the Zahra Baker case, it will go to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

MORE....

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: November 03, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »

Thanks for the updates.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: November 03, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »

Ugly thought, but if it is Z's bone, wouldn't it mean that she would have to been dead much longer than 3 weeks?  If no flesh or tissue is attached could it just be that she was in the water for these three weeks since AB claims he last saw her.  Realize animals/fish but still?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: November 03, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »

HUDSON, N.C.--Search teams in Caldwell County have recovered a bone that may be related to the Zahra Baker case. The bone will be sent to the Medical Examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for further examination. Once their examination is complete and if it is determined to be related to this case, it will be sent to the NC State Bureau of Investigation’s lab for further testing. 

Investigators found the bone in the area of Christie Road near Hudson.  This is the same area where investigators found Zahra's prosthetic leg.  This is also where Zahra's step-mother, Elisa Baker, lived about three years ago.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/top-stories/Bone-Found-in-Search-for-Zahra-Baker-106640823.html
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: November 03, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

Hickory PD: Bone found could be related to Zahra Baker case

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. – Hickory police say they found a bone while searching in Caldwell County and that bone could be connected to the Zahra Baker case. The bone will be sent to the Medical Examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for further examination. 

Hickory police reported the find after spending part of Wednesday draining a pond near Christie Road and searching the woods near that pond. Neighbors say the area smells, because hunters dump deer carcasses there.

MORE...

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Hickory-PD-draining-pond-in-Zahra-search-106620584.html

Thank you for posting this link Northern Rose.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: November 03, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »

Ugly thought, but if it is Z's bone, wouldn't it mean that she would have to been dead much longer than 3 weeks?  If no flesh or tissue is attached could it just be that she was in the water for these three weeks since AB claims he last saw her.  Realize animals/fish but still?

She was last reportedly seen (outside of family reports) on Sept. 25. (The furniture store employees.)

So she could have been missing since then.

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #749 on: November 03, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »

I suppose it would depend on the bone. If it was say a finger, it would be just bone. If it were a femur, I would think there would still be flesh. There may actually be flesh still on the bone, though. They didn't want to comment on what the bone might be, so they may not just say they found a leg, arm, body part, etc. That would lead to much more speculation and it seems that they are trying to keep the public informed enough that there isn't a ton of speculation.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: November 03, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »

The last actual sighting of Zahra outside the family was Sept 25th.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »

O/T  I just spent over 4 hours trying to report elderly abuse (on my neighbor) no luck. 5 phone numbers I went through LOCALLY and still no response. I even called the police. PATHETIC!!! Sorry O/T and not relevant.

nut44x4, start here
http://www.aoa.gov/

and
http://www.aoa.gov/AoARoot/AoA_Programs/Elder_Rights/EA_Prevention/WhatToDo.aspx

check with this link
http://www.eldercare.gov/Eldercare.NET/Public/Index.aspx

if no satisfactory results go here
http://www.aoa.gov/AoARoot/AoA_Programs/Elder_Rights/NCEA/index.aspx

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #752 on: November 03, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

Per WSOCTV news at 5pm

2 ponds drained today....searchers find bone, requested Chopper 9 to leave the area and back up all news trucks. Do not know exact area they found the bone.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #753 on: November 03, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »

Will have a more intense search tomorrow.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: November 03, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

Per WSOCTV news at 5pm

2 ponds drained today....searchers find bone, requested Chopper 9 to leave the area and back up all news trucks. Do not know exact area they found the bone.

requested Chopper 9 to leave the area and back up all news trucks.      
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: November 03, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

True, so even saying 5 weeks should still be something left on bone.  Which there could have been as LE rarely releases info re; remains of any sort being found without a confirmation that they believe it is human rather than animal.
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: November 03, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »

True, so even saying 5 weeks should still be something left on bone.  Which there could have been as LE rarely releases info re; remains of any sort being found without a confirmation that they believe it is human rather than animal.
What I can't wrap my head around is IF she has been 'gone' since September 25th, why stage the whole kidnapping thing so long afterwards??  No one noticed she was gone for all that time, why did Dad and SM bring the attention to her absence then?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: November 03, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »

Per WSOCTV news at 5pm

thanks Darla....I am assuming there was someone there that determined it was a human bone...........??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: November 03, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »

Police draining pond in Zahra Baker search as Elisa's 'letters' point to dad Adam

POLICE today found a bone while searching in Caldwell County which could be connected to the Zahra Baker case.
The bone will be sent to the Medical Examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for further examination, The Charlotte ******* said today.

Hickory police made the discovery while draining a pond near Christie Rd, The Charlotte ******* said. Neighbours, however, told the paper the area smells "because hunters dump deer carcasses there".

The discovery follows the surfacing of  two letters, allegedly written by Elisa Baker from her prison cell, one of which places the blame for her step-daughter Zahra Baker's disappearance on the girl's father, Adam Baker

She also indicates Zahra "isn't missing", but she and her husband didn't kill the 10-year-old.

"We really didn't kill her, but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying," Elisa Baker wrote to crime memorabilia dealer Eric Gein from jail. "[It] makes me scared of him. So I probably am gonna go ahead and file [for divorce]. I have lost my whole life anyway."

However, a friend of Elisa Baker says she received a letter from Elisa on Monday.

In that letter, Elisa said Adam Baker had nothing to do with Zahra's disappearance. She did not mention whether or not she was involved.

Both friends and relatives of Elisa Baker say that she often made things up and the friend who received the letter on Monday says she isn't sure what to believe.

Police in Hickory, North Carolina, where Elisa Baker is being held on an obstruction of justice charge, said they had seen images of the letters but couldn't verify that she wrote them without looking at the originals.

Deputy Chief Clyde Deal told ABC News that the handwriting was "similar" to hers and the content matched some of what the woman has been telling police.

"I don't necessarily have any reason to doubt [that Elisa Baker wrote the letters], but I can't say that she did write them either," Deputy Chief Deal said.

A prosthetic leg that belonged to the 10-year-old cancer survivor was found at a search site off of Christie Rd where Elisa Baker used to live last Wednesday.

Elisa Baker, 42, is in jail, charged with obstruction of justice, for allegedly writing a ransom note that was found at her home the day Zahra was reported missing.

Meanwhile, Adam Baker has been evicted from their home in the small North Carolina town of Hickory, from where the 10-year-old went missing nearly a month ago.

Police believe Wagga Wagga-born Zahra, who lost a leg to cancer, may have met with foul play weeks before she was reported missing on October 9 and have not ruled out her father or his American wife as suspects.

According to the Hickory Daily News, about 15 people watched yesterday afternoon as Adam Baker returned to the home with his mother, brother and lawyer. Several people yelled taunts to Mr Baker as he left the home.

They went into the backyard and took photos before going inside the house.

Mr Baker's landlord then arrived and told a crowd gathered outside the house that he was evicting Mr Baker.

"I'm putting him out on the street," he said.

He would not give a reason, but said the police search had made his property uninhabitable.

Police had searched the house, focusing on the kitchen and bathroom. They removed sections of ceiling, floor and plumbing, the Daily News said.

The Hickory Police Department said the house was no longer considered part of the search.

Mr Baker left the house with his head bowed and carrying a suitcase, refusing to answer the media's questions about Zahra.

His lawyer Mark Killian wouldn't talk about the case or why he was at the house, but said Mr Baker was struggling.

"It's just real tough for him, obviously," Mr Killian said.

Investigators are continuing to check wooded areas and illegal dump areas for Zahra.

"We're still hard at work on this investigation. We're checking every lead, and we've got a lot of evidence to be processed," Hickory Police Captain Thurman Whisnant said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/police-draining-pond-in-zahra-baker-search-as-elisas-letters-point-to-dad-adam/story-e6frf7jx-1225947585036?from=public_rss
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #759 on: November 03, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »

Per WSOCTV news at 5pm

requested Chopper 9 to leave the area and back up all news trucks.      

So...I wonder if LE still plans to make a statement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.