June 16, 2024, 04:13:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 175319 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: November 03, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »

The amount of child support that is paid is calculated on the person's income, I think, so it would vary from person to person.  But in saying that from how desperate for money this couple appeared to be, I think they would want to claim it, no materr how small the amount would be.
Another question. Does Au have a payment parents get for each child ( in Canada I believe it was called a baby bonus ) . Where in the world would he get the money together for the airfare from Au to NC. That can't be cheap.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: November 03, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »

The amount of child support that is paid is calculated on the person's income, I think, so it would vary from person to person.  But in saying that from how desperate for money this couple appeared to be, I think they would want to claim it, no materr how small the amount would be.
Another question. Does Au have a payment parents get for each child ( in Canada I believe it was called a baby bonus ) . Where in the world would he get the money together for the airfare from Au to NC. That can't be cheap.

This is from the government site:

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.asp?doc=/content/33906.htm
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: November 03, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »

This is from the government site:

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.asp?doc=/content/33906.htm
Can't tell you how much I appreciate all the information you've provided.

Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: November 03, 2010, 01:21:52 AM »

Thanks 4 donks, I haven't really provided much, I'm in awe of some of the information provided by members on here, so any bit I can add to help is my pleasure.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: November 03, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »

Everyone has done a terrific job posting info and keeping this case updated.

Our friends in AU have done a great job as well providing us with links and explaning things.

Thank You!!
MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: November 03, 2010, 01:31:41 AM »

Can you imagine anyone ever being able to live in that house again?!!!  The negative energy would be overwhelming!

You would be surprised. Here in Tracy CA we had a case of a teen who was held captive in a rental home. About 1 or 2 months after the police returned the home to landlord someone else had moved in. How can anyone want to live in that house, I have no idea.
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:34 AM »

Can you imagine anyone ever being able to live in that house again?!!!  The negative energy would be overwhelming!

You would be surprised. Here in Tracy CA we had a case of a teen who was held captive in a rental home. About 1 or 2 months after the police returned the home to landlord someone else had moved in. How can anyone want to live in that house, I have no idea.

I lived in Tracy almost 20 years ago, as a teen. You just don't hear much about Tracy...small town.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: November 03, 2010, 01:39:49 AM »

The trailer where HaLeigh lived rented rather quickly too and the people were aware of the investigation and they weren't fazed. I personally couldn't do it.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: November 03, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/03/1806641/alleged-letters-elisa-baker-zahra.html
Crime website claims it holds Elisa Baker letters  11/03/10
Memorabilia Web page owner claims he received letters from Elisa Baker that say Zahra is dead.
By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
cwootson@charlotteobserver.com
HICKORY - The owner of a crime memorabilia website is selling two letters he claims he received from Elisa Baker saying her stepdaughter, Zahra, is dead, and that her husband did something "horrifying" to the girl after her death.

"We didn't really kill her but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying," says one of the letters Eric Gein claims he got from Elisa Baker, who is in jail. "Makes me scared of him."

Zahra Baker, who is hearing-impaired and walks with the help of a prosthetic leg, was reported missing by her father, Adam, on Oct. 9, and her story has attracted worldwide attention. Both Adam and Elisa Baker have denied any wrongdoing in the case.

The Hickory Police Department couldn't confirm whether the letters are authentic. Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said Tuesday night that much of the information in the letters has been widely reported in media accounts and sn't new to investigators.

Deal said officers plan to compare the letters with other samples of Elisa Baker's writing. The letters will become part of the investigation, Deal said, but he's unsure how important they are.

Gein, who lives in Jacksonville, Fla., and owns the website serialkillersink .net , has put the letters up for sale for $1,250 each. "Gein" is not his real name but a pseudonym he uses online and in news stories. He refused to give his real name.

He gave copies to AOL news Monday and to the *******'s news partner WCNC-TV. He spoke with the ******* Tuesday night but had not yet spoken to Hickory police.

He says he believes the letters are real. He's been writing to serial killers and murderers since the mid-1990s and began writing to Elisa Baker shortly after she was arrested on charges unrelated to her stepdaughter's disappearance. Police charged her with obstruction of justice after they say she admitted to writing a bogus ransom note.

Gein says he received two letters from Elisa Baker in the last week. They implicate Adam Baker.

"So many missing kids, but Zahra isn't missing, the cops know where she is and what he has done. That's right what he has done. If I hadn't admitted to that stupid note I'd be out in 3 weeks but no they kept pushing and he did that too," one letter says.
She says she is angry with her husband, and that she's been ostracized by her family.

"I have never been so angry over stuff as I am right now," the letter says. "He knows what happened to Zahra and yet I'm the one in here, at least for now."

Police have said no one, except for Adam and Elisa Baker, could confirm seeing Zahra after Sept. 25.

On Monday, police confirmed that an artificial leg they recovered along Christie Road in Caldwell County belonged to Zahra.

Adam Baker was arrested Oct. 25 - but later released on bond - on five counts of writing worthless checks, two counts of communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property. Neither he nor his attorney could be reached late Tuesday. Elisa Baker's attorney also couldn't be reached.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: November 03, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »

morning all..
hopefully today will be the day that Zahra is found...bless this child..

how do we know for sure that biomom was paying child support? do they have family courts in Aus for cases like this? parent paying child support but the custodial parent keeps the child away from the other parent?

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: November 03, 2010, 07:56:46 AM »

I can not find the article pertaining to the dogs at Bakers home so please disregard the info about them being put to sleep until or if I can find the article.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: November 03, 2010, 08:56:12 AM »

I can not find the article pertaining to the dogs at Bakers home so please disregard the info about them being put to sleep until or if I can find the article.

lenie i was trying to help you,all i found was a post at IS,by a neighbor that talks about
the dogs being friendly, and i dont see them at the shelter, maybe pitbull type dogs are
adopted out differently

IS
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showpost.php?p=14611722&postcount=70
shelter
http://www.catawbahumane.org/adopt.php
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?N=&No=0&Ns=shelter_name%7C%7Canimal_type%7C%7Cpet_breed_1%7C%7Cpet_breed_2%7C%7Cidentifier&Ntk=animal_type%7Cshelter_id%7Crecord_type%7Cstatus&Ntt=Dog%7CNC90%7Cpet%7CA&distance=0

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: November 03, 2010, 09:12:59 AM »

I just sent an email to the Charlotte ******* asking if they had any info about what happened to the dogs owned by the Bakers?

It is possible I guess that a relative took the dogs in for the time being.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

EB snip from letters
I mean I never thought it would be this way. My lawyers get death threats every day to. This is so crazy.

she thought she would get away with murder

EB snip from letters
"We really didn't kill her, but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying,"

and she didnt think what she did to zahra, while living wasnt horrifying

ive been wondering how these crazy people go unnoticed, till something like
this happens

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: November 03, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »

Don't forget that TIBRO has kindly been posting Australian laws in a thread here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8887.0
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »

Don't forget that TIBRO has kindly been posting Australian laws in a thread here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8887.0
Thank you for the reminder and thanking all the Australian Monkeys for all their help in helping us understand their laws.

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #656 on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

lenie i was trying to help you,all i found was a post at IS,by a neighbor that talks about
the dogs being friendly, and i dont see them at the shelter, maybe pitbull type dogs are
adopted out differently

IS
shelter
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?N=&No=0&Ns=shelter_name%7C%7Canimal_type%7C%7Cpet_breed_1%7C%7Cpet_breed_2%7C%7Cidentifier&Ntk=animal_type%7Cshelter_id%7Crecord_type%7Cstatus&Ntt=Dog%7CNC90%7Cpet%7CA&distance=0

Thank you Cw. Maybe I am getting two cases mixed? I will keep looking. When I Google our little Zahra 3.1 million hits come up.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »

» biomum said: { Oct 29, 2010 - 10:10:48 }
2.30pm on the dot over here in Australia, and not such a great day today. It’s taken some time but things are really starting to take their toll on me. Today I have done what I have been explicitly told not to do my family and friends, and looked at some other forums and that really wasn’t the best idea.
I understand peoples want/need to blame someone, but it really does seem so hard for some narrow minded people to place judgement where judgement is due. I have not gone to the US yet simply because I was waiting to organising care for the children I have here, also because the second it became a homocide investigation there was nothing for me to do. It is not going to be cheap for me to fly over, because of obvious added daily expenses, and what can I do when I get there?? sit and wait by the phone like I do here? hide in a hotel room so I don’t have reporters asking me questions???
I am not still here in Australia because I don’t care, it is simply because I have nowhere else to be that will be of any use. Of course I feel useless, I am sending myself crazy thinking of ways to help, but there is nothing. Please, if anyone can think of something helpful for me to do then let me know.
I truly thought that slowly I would accept this surreal situation, but I really was fooling myself. It has been 23 days and it has only gotten harder and harder to breathe, and function. I don’t even recognise myself right now. I’m normally the one to make people smile or laugh, whether that’s with me or at me. The me I am right now I have never met, and am not overly fond of. It’s like I’m watching the me i know walk away in the distance and not be able to turn back.

Today I’m so tired, so exhausted. it all feels so heavy. Your kind words mean so much to me that I can never truly explain. thank you all for your support, and your growing love for Zahra.

please keep praying that she will be at peace soon.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/28/zahra-baker-case-a-review-of-yesterdays-activities/
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: November 03, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

adopted out differently

IS
shelter

Thank you Cw. Maybe I am getting two cases mixed? I will keep looking. When I Google our little Zahra 3.1 million hits come up.

Hey Lenie!!

Sometimes the info seems to disappear for a while.  It took me 4 months to locate the flyer sent home with kids, for Skyline Elem for the Science Fair.  I didn't locate it, Neighbor accidentially found it in her coat pocket! 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »

Elisa Baker's alleged jailhouse letters say Zahra not missing  (video)

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13433475
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.