April 27, 2024, 04:11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #175 11/29/10 - 12/20/10  (Read 171580 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/120210-anthony-defense-team-asking-for-more-money
Anthony defense team asking for more money
Updated: Thursday, 02 Dec 2010, 3:35 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 02 Dec 2010, 3:35 PM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony’s defense team has filed a motion asking the court for more money for investigative services.

In October her lawyers requested an additional 300 hours for investigators but the judge only granted 60 hours. In their motion, the defense says they have used up all those hours and need more to “continue investigating the evidence alleged in the State’s discovery, which continues to be on-going.”

Prosecutors also filed a motion in the case asking the judge to force the defense to hand over evidence. The judge has ordered the defense to turn over a witness list along with a brief summary of what each one would be testifying to but the state says the defense failed to do that.

No court date has been set for when the motions will be heard.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty on charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 2008.  The trial is expected to start in May. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »

We have done quite a few concrete projects around here over the years.  That's a hella lot of concrete....When are the A's finally going to be arrested, for obstruction if nothing else....

I still hold fast to my theory that there was weed barrier found near Caylee, and it is a MATCH to what is(was) in the Anthony back yard.

I think the pavers from their back yard will be matched to the ones they found where Caylee was found.

OOH good catch. I never thought of those. I so hope that is true!

I don't recall hearing if those pavers were ever recovered???

I don't think that I have ever read that those pavers were retrieved, but the weed barrier was. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/the-real-reason-for-casey-anthony%E2%80%99s-laughter-and-smiles-in-the-courtoom-she-was-genuinely-happy-for-law-clerk%E2%80%99s-surprise-swearing-in-as-a-lawyer/
The Real Reason For Casey Anthony’s Laughter and Smiles In The Courtoom- She Was Genuinely Happy for Law Clerk’s Surprise Swearing-In As A Lawyer
12/02/10

Honestly, could these clowns get any more nauseating!

No ... I don't think so and surely hope not!  What superficial drivel-like Casey really cared !!! lol   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »

Bozo's at it again.
Hope Ashton gets a hearing on the matter.

Me too-Bozo's behaviour is so completely annoying-always.   I don't think he is too bright, actually.  Tricky, but not too bright.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-attorneys-argue-casey-anthony-20101202,0,6307439.story
Casey Anthony: Email spat leads to new motion in Anthony case
Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, and Assistant State Attorney Jeffrey L. Ashton exchanged emailed jabs over a recent order in the well-publicized case.
By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

5:22 p.m. EST, December 2, 2010
A disagreement in the Casey Anthony case has led to an email spat between the defense and state prosecutors, who filed a motion Wednesday accusing the defense of trying to avoid complying with a judge's order.

The controversy comes after the court on Monday ordered Anthony's defense team to provide state prosecutors with information about the subject matter of planned expert testimony. Since then, the disagreement arose about just how detailed that information needs to be.

Wednesday's motion filed by the state contains an email exchange between Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, and Assistant State Attorney Jeffrey L. Ashton. It is that exchange which is the apparent source of the controversy.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie, in the summer of 2008. The state has said it would seek the death penalty if she is convicted.

According to the state's motion, the prosecution was expecting a description of the testimony the expert witnesses will give when they take the stand. But in an email sent 10:47 a.m. Wednesday, Baez only included what he describes it in his message as "the field of [each expert's] anticipated testimony."

For example, the first expert listed is Dr. Henry Lee, of the University of New Haven's forensic science program. His listing includes his address, employer and a one-word description of his field, "Criminalist."

Other experts' fields are described as "forensic pathology," "anthropology" and "K-9 issue." One expert, Dr. William Rodriguez, is only described as, "Expert."

That list led to a series of emails back and forth between the two sides of the well-publicized case.

Ashton replied that, "If this is all you are sending we do not find it to be in compliance with the courts order," to which Baez replied, "You know what are all of the forensic issues are. If you have a question about any particular witness, just ask and I will be more than happy to answer it."

A few emails later, Baez sent a revised list about 11:42 a.m. Wednesday. This time, Lee was described as "Criminalist: He inspected the car and was at the evidence inspection and inspected the scene ALL OF WHICH YOU ALREADY KNOW."

The prosecution filed its motion later Wednesday, asking the court to "clarify its order," and compel the defense to provide additional information.

"It is the State's position that, despite protestation to the contrary, the defense is attempting to avoid compliance with the courts mandate," the motion states.

Asked to comment on the motion, Baez said that he disagreed with the assertion that he had not complied with the court, but said this wasn't the first time he and the Ashton have disagreed.

"I told him if he had any questions, he could call me," Baez said. "He chose to file a motion."

Meanwhile, Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, issued a statement Thursday in answer to rumors that the couple were experiencing marital problems.

"Without detracting from the case involving their daughter please be advised that they are not having any type of marital issues," the couple said through their attorney. "Any rumors or speculation about a separation or divorce are exactly that, just rumors or speculation."   
Jeff Weiner can be reached at 407-420-5171, jeweiner@orlandosentinel.com or @OSNightCops on Twitter.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Does Jose Baez Know How He Will Utilize His Experts?
12/02/10

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »

Thanks Seeme.   
Casey didn't seem worried at all.........   

I think she is a consumate actress ... and bluffs a lot! 

Sorry I got in your quote -

I don't think she has enough sense to be worried. I think the entire family has something mentally missing.

Oh, I think they're smart enough to realize their predicament-Casey included.  They all know what a mess they're in-hence all the finger pointing and lies.  What's missing, in my opinion, is living by core principles of morals and ethics.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »

12/02/10

Good article.   Sometimes I imagine a courtrom scene wherein Baez throws a downright old-fashioned toddler temper fit, slamming pens, papers, jumping on top of the table in front of him .... and then crying.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »

12/02/10

GRRRRRRRRRR I loathe baez

Loca
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26001708/detail.html

Baez To Prosecutor: 'Please Tell Me You Knew This'
Prosecutor Believes Casey Anthony Defense Attorney Isn't Complying With Court Order

POSTED: 6:21 pm EST December 2, 2010
UPDATED: 7:04 pm EST December 2, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Monday's status hearing in the Casey Anthony murder case has sparked an email spat between Anthony's lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, and prosecutor Jeff Ashton.

At the hearing, Judge Belvin Perry ordered that defense attorneys not only list the names of their expert witnesses for prosecutors but also turn over notes, photos and video the experts have taken.

Perry also ordered Anthony's defense to give prosecutors information about what field each of the experts will be addressing. It's that subject that seems to be causing frustration on the part of the prosecution.

In a new motion, Ashton writes that he believes the defense is trying to avoid complying with the court's order.

READ: Motion & E-mail Conversation

Ashton includes an e-mail conversation between him and Baez.

"The goal here is to work together, right? Please check below and if you have any questions let me know," Baez said in his e-mail to Ashton.

The e-mail contains names and addresses of the experts, in addition to short descriptions of their fields, such as forensic pathology, anthropology or botany.

Baez also writes what the experts did. He writes one "performed the second autopsy on Caylee." Another "inspected the car and was at the evidence inspection."

Baez also adds notes in his e-mail such as, "you already know this," "please tell me you knew this" and "you know what he will testify to as you objected to it at the hearing."

"This is not what the judge ordered," Ashton writes in response to Baez's e-mail. "I want a written statement of the substance of their testimony."

"You know what all of the forensic issues are," Baez writes in his continuation of the e-mail conversation.

Ashton later tells Baez he reviewed the tape of Monday's hearing and quotes Perry. He said Baez' deadline to comply with the order is 4 p.m. on Friday.

Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2010, 07:36:28 PM »

Bozo's at it again.
Hope Ashton gets a hearing on the matter.

Me too-Bozo's behaviour is so completely annoying-always.   I don't think he is too bright, actually.  Tricky, but not too bright.

I agree.   I wonder if His Honor could just rule on this one without a hearing?  After all, his instructions in court seemed clear to pretty much everyone but Mr. Baez et al.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »

Maybe Bozo and the Jar should spend a few days behind bars for not complying with the judges orders.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

Thanks Seeme.   
Casey didn't seem worried at all.........   

I think she is a consumate actress ... and bluffs a lot! 

Sorry I got in your quote -

I don't think she has enough sense to be worried. I think the entire family has something mentally missing.

Oh, I think they're smart enough to realize their predicament-Casey included.  They all know what a mess they're in-hence all the finger pointing and lies.  What's missing, in my opinion, is living by core principles of morals and ethics.
I agree but between kc sneezing God's blessings and cindy spouting pious gibberish I think they believe all of Heaven is on their side. Can't fix stupid.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2010, 02:17:42 AM »

Catching up here.  A big Thank You to everyone who provided links and pics!  Just a quick aside...Isn't it funny how since Andrea Lyons left, Baez appears to be having trouble again keeping his professional distance http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/25948843/detail.html (5th pic to the left)?  Like Casey is such a delicate lady, she needs Baez to safely seat her.  Puhleez!
What I found interesting in the court pics was how tight the guard's grip was on Casey's upper arm when she approached Mason and again when she approached Baez. The pics suggested to me that the guard either anticipated Casey kind of leaning into/edging closer to them or Casey actually did to some degree.  The grip there looks a tad painful, fingers dug in and all.  That reminded me of the Bull Stopper posts about How Much Does Jose Baez Value a Smile. IMO, that article was spot on.  I believe Casey has been coached to show emotion because her natural emotional range is extremely limited.  That's why her courtroom behavior is all over the place in terms of inappropriate.  IMO, the girl is barely keeping it together (feigning unnatural emotion and interest) while she's in court.  The grooming, lip pursing, biting, clothes picking, hand rubbing, etc. are self-comforting gestures (IMO) to counter the stress of trying to remember and act somewhat emotional.  Acting is tiring and even more so when you're playing to a judge, the press, and potential jurors. Clearly, Casey is uncomfortable.
Does anyone else besides me find it extremely inappropriate that Jose Baez chose to have his employee sworn in as a new attorney at the close of this hearing?  A hearing in which his client is accused of killing her toddler daughter is not the place to celebrate anything.  I have to disagree with Dr. Lillian Glass' assessment that Casey was genuinely happy for the new lawyer and she cared for someone outside herself.  Nothing in Casey Anthony's well-documented history via text/social networking pages/e-mails supports a capability to genuinely care for anyone outside herself.  IMO, it's wishful thinking on Dr. Glass' part.  Rather, Casey Anthony has clearly demonstrated a propensity for feigning interest and concern for others, in order to further her own interests.  I seriously doubt that she's suddenly developed emotions like compassion, empathy, selflessness, genuine concern for others, encouragement, etc.  JMOO

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/02/caylee-anthony-case-understanding-the-dispute-between-baez-and-ashton/
Caylee Anthony case: Understanding the ‘dispute’ between Baez and Ashton
Posted on December 2, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/02/caylee-anthony-case-understanding-the-dispute-between-baez-and-ashton/

<snipped>
You’re an idiot, JOSE.  You’re an unadulterated idiot.  You continue to play sleazy games, not focus on the issues of importance, waste the court’s time, the state’s time and the taxpayers’ funds.  You screwed the pooch when you didn’t advise your client to try for a plea at the beginning of this nightmare, and you screwed that pooch because you wanted to make a name for yourself, and you’ve done nothing but continue to dig the hole she’ll be buried in when this mess is over.

Justice for Caylee requires a just trial for Casey Anthony, but you don’t give a damn about either one.  If you don’t start acting like a grown up who knows which way is up so that others can tell your law degree is real, you, JOSE, need to be disbarred….or at least ran out of town on a rail.

JMO!

Valhall.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2010, 08:44:27 AM »

We have done quite a few concrete projects around here over the years.  That's a hella lot of concrete....When are the A's finally going to be arrested, for obstruction if nothing else....

I still hold fast to my theory that there was weed barrier found near Caylee, and it is a MATCH to what is(was) in the Anthony back yard.

I think the pavers from their back yard will be matched to the ones they found where Caylee was found.

OOH good catch. I never thought of those. I so hope that is true!

I don't recall hearing if those pavers were ever recovered???

I don't think that I have ever read that those pavers were retrieved, but the weed barrier was. 

thanks akmom.....I was wondering about the pavers in the swamp...if they were collected? the ones where D Casey searched? ummmm wonder where he has been...sure dropped outta sight in this case.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »

12/02/10

thanks trim....I always love the summations.  This one is really good!!

We have learned Mr. Baez fears revealing what his experts will testify about.  Mr. Baez may not be sure how he will utilize his experts even though the trial is less than six months away.

We have learned Mr. Baez holds an unprofessional personal grudge against Mr. Ashton, much like the one he harbors against Kathi Belich.

We have learned this case has affected Mr. Baez emotionally.  He is no longer able to carry out his duties in a professional manner.  He is no longer able to follow the guidelines of common courtesy.  Mr. Baez has lost control of his emotions and is spewing them forth in written form within the documentation of the case.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2010, 08:49:18 AM »

12/02/10

Good article.   Sometimes I imagine a courtrom scene wherein Baez throws a downright old-fashioned toddler temper fit, slamming pens, papers, jumping on top of the table in front of him .... and then crying.

Ono!!~!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »

Maybe Bozo and the Jar should spend a few days behind bars for not complying with the judges orders.
Hi Curly, wouldn't that just make you year!!  It would mine...but it's not gonna happen..I'd be happy with a mere public smack down, but I fear that is not going to happen either.. he, like the A's, seem to have a teflon coating.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.