April 28, 2024, 11:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #175 11/29/10 - 12/20/10  (Read 171629 times)
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »

I found this hearing disappointing again.
Perry should have singled Bozo out instead of including the state in his ruling.
He's totally on my last nerve.
I thought Bozo was smirking throughout, and if looks could kill....Cindy @ Ashton.
Buffoon was the only one that looked scared to me. They really suck.

I thought he gave JB an azz-kicking.    Both side have to produce all reports, or if JB hasn't got the reports he has to provide a lot of info re his experts and summarize the particular areas of expertise they will be testifying about. 2 years work condensed into the next two weeks.
JA has already provided the majority of the reports and he will just have to send over any remaining.  JB, trying to be cute with JA  shot himself neatly in the foot once again....
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: December 10, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »

Each State has a standard jury questionnaire & more can be added (upon a judge's ruling) which is referred to as a Supplemental Jury Questionnaire (SJQ), those questions would be relevant to a particular case of a potential juror's own life experience or attitudes toward a pertinent aspect of the case.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: December 10, 2010, 08:58:56 PM »

Each State has a standard jury questionnaire & more can be added (upon a judge's ruling) which is referred to as a Supplemental Jury Questionnaire (SJQ), those questions would be relevant to a particular case of a potential juror's own life experience or attitudes toward a pertinent aspect of the case.

I may be wrong, but the case number on this is for the cheque fraud case?  Can someone confirm please.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: December 10, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »

Casey 
http://www.benopipari.com/.a/6a00e553f11fb388330120a5f3110e970c-800wi

Cindy 
http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/he-man/prince-adam.jpg

IMO Baez got smacked hard.  Judge Perry is making him cough up what he should have long ago, and then some.  IMO the State was included in the order to forestall any claim of unfair bias against the defense.  It is obvious the State has already completed 90% or more of what Perry is requiring in today's order.  Baez has done ZERO, which was the point.  Ol' licorice lips better get busy.

Baez was right about one thing:  having to resort to this hearing just to get him to do his job was indeed a WASTE.  If Baez would carry out his duties in a professional manner, we would never see this sort of spectacle.  I think it is shameful.

Can't wait for the day when Caylee finally gets justice.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #544 on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »

I may be wrong, but the case number on this is for the cheque fraud case?  Can someone confirm please.
http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/AnthonyMotion-8-10-1.pdf
Nope.  You are quite correct.  Check forgery case.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »

http://wdbo.com/common/pdf/orlando/AnthonyMotion-8-10-1.pdf
Nope.  You are quite correct.  Check forgery case.

Thank you Desi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2010, 09:30:31 PM »

<snipped>
"Since ya'll can't seem to agree and can't seem to understand what I meant the last time. This is what I'm going to do," Judge Perry said less than 15 minutes into the hearing. "Where experts have not prepared reports of examinations or tests, both the state and the defense are required to provide the following … the expert's curriculum vitae, qualifications of experts, the expert's field of expertise or medical specialty, a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions, the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify, and last but not least, a summary of the expert's opinion and grounds for each opinion … All of this must be completed by 3pm on December 23."

http://www.wftv.com/news/26089105/detail.html
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:42 PM »

<snipped>
"Since ya'll can't seem to agree and can't seem to understand what I meant the last time. This is what I'm going to do," Judge Perry said less than 15 minutes into the hearing. "Where experts have not prepared reports of examinations or tests, both the state and the defense are required to provide the following … the expert's curriculum vitae, qualifications of experts, the expert's field of expertise or medical specialty, a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions, the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify, and last but not least, a summary of the expert's opinion and grounds for each opinion … All of this must be completed by 3pm on December 23."

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »

<snipped>

I am betting Bobo will be dropping some of his experts off his list as he said none of them wrote any reports.  I can not see him or The Jar doing all this , and doubt highly his pro bono experts want to do this now either.  Should get interesting.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

<snipped>

I am betting Bobo will be dropping some of his experts off his list as he said none of them wrote any reports.  I can not see him or The Jar doing all this , and doubt highly his pro bono experts want to do this now either.  Should get interesting.

ITA...Baez is sweating..he has only 13 days during the holiday season, to make up work he should have had done as they were going along..his experts are not going to jump on the band wagon now.  Most of them probably had very little positive to imput in Casey's defense anyway.

And TY to everyone for keeping us updated today.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2010, 12:05:05 AM »

The state understood perfectly the first time.
There's no reason he couldn't single out Bozo.
So far his bark is bigger than his bite, and his bark isn't all that loud.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2010, 01:17:44 AM »

I can't decide if the judge was being impartial and equitable or if he was actually giving the DUHfense (many thanks to whomever coined that term!) a subliminal "slap up the side of the head".  A message along the lines of 'oh wait, the Prosecution is already compliant'.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:55 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-case-the-biggest-trial-of-2011.html
Casey Anthony case: ‘the biggest trial of 2011′
CNN Headline News, Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on December, 10 2010 8:10 PM

On HLN this evening, host Vinnie Politan predicted that the Casey Anthony case will be “the biggest trial of 2011.”

He also noted that the case has taken longer to go to trial than Caylee Anthony lived. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee.

In the latest development today, Judge Belvin Perry ruled that the prosecution and defense must both give information on their experts to the other side.

I didn’t watch the hearing, but I was struck by WFTV-Channel 9’s take that Perry “wasted no time in handing down his order,” that he applied the same rules to the prosecution and defense, and that he “wasn’t going to waste much time on the back-and-forth bickering” between the two sides.

WESH-Channel 2 highlighted “a quick ruling from Perry.”

The case has been long and confounding, yet Perry’s all-business, no-nonsense approach has been refreshing and promising. He is going to make a deadline, and you had better be ready.

On HLN, Politan conducted a panel discussion with three attorneys about the issue of whether this should be a death-penalty case. They agreed it shouldn’t. One stressed that the public doesn’t know how the child died.

Yes, but learning that information keeps many of us coming back. Caylee has become a symbol, a representative for many for other children. She will not be forgotten.

Or as an HLN graphic read: “How little Caylee’s murder gripped the nation.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: December 11, 2010, 06:54:41 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26086233/detail.html
Reports Ordered On Experts In Anthony Case
Prosecutors Seek More Info From Casey Anthony's Defense Team
POSTED: 5:33 am EST December 10, 2010
UPDATED: 8:17 pm EST December 10, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony joined lawyers in an Orange County courtroom before Judge Belvin Perry in a rare Friday evening hearing ahead of her murder trial.
Perry heard multiple motions about the defense team's witnesses.
Prosecutor Jeff Ashton had requested under a court order a list of expert witnesses and precisely what they would be testifying about.

The defense team for Casey Anthony responded by sending over the requested list, but Ashton said he wasn't satisfied with the explanations provided.

"The general tenor of last communication (is that) Mr. (Jose) Baez is only telling us what we already know. He is giving us no additional information," Ashton said.

"I think this is a huge waste of time. We are here short of providing a script, we are more than happy to tell Mr. Ashton whatever he needs to know," Baez, Anthony's lawyer, said.

The disagreement led to to the hearing and a quick ruling from Perry.

Perry ordered that both the prosecution and defense provide reports to one another on expert witnesses where one is not already available. The reports must include the expert's name, level of expertise, what they're expected to testify about and a summation of their previous opinions.

The reports for most experts are due by Dec. 23.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee, and remains in the Orange County Jail.

Anthony's trial is scheduled to begin in May.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: December 11, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-friday-hearing-20101210,0,2023398.story
Judge orders Casey Anthony's defense, prosecutors to detail expert testimony
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
7:11 p.m. EST, December 10, 2010
The judge in the Casey Anthony murder case has ordered prosecutors and defense attorneys to provide detailed information about expert witnesses who have not yet provided reports in the case.

That information would include summaries of what they'll be testifying about, Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry ruled Friday.

The issue stems from a complaint over lack of details provided by the defense as depositions of its witnesses are set to start. Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton filed a motion earlier this month, saying the prosecution was expecting descriptions of the testimony the defense experts are expected to give.

On Friday, Ashton said defense attorney Jose Baez has provided some basic details about the experts, but added, "He's giving us no additional information."
Baez responded by saying, "I quite frankly don't know why we're here." He said he has responded to Ashton's requests and provided additional information.

"We're not here to hide anything," Baez said. "I think this is a huge waste of time."

The issue could have been handled better through a phone call, Baez said. Instead the court motion resulted in an unusual hearing late on a Friday due to the attorneys' busy schedules.

Perry noted that the "trial date is quickly approaching" and ordered both sides to provide expert backgrounds, areas of expertise, topics they'll offer opinions on and summaries of their testimony, but only for those experts who have not already provided reports.

None of the defense team's 13 witnesses has generated a report, but one has filed an affidavit.

Ashton said all prosecution witnesses who have rendered opinions have also written reports.

Most of the additional details for the experts are due to be exchanged by Dec. 23, although some information must be provided earlier as the prosecution sets to depose one defense witness early next week and another early the following week.

Asked later whether the recent exchanges between the prosecution and defense suggest something about the tone the case is taking as the sides approach trial in May, Baez said, "I think it goes to the passion of each person's commitment. We're committed to Casey Anthony and her innocence and we're committed to being able to demonstrate that in court."

"We're not going to roll over, not at all," he added.
   Rolling Eyes
Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She walked into court with a smile on her face Friday. Baez would not talk about how Anthony is handling another holiday season in jail.

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: December 11, 2010, 08:58:54 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!   

Baez makes me mad and makes me laugh at the same time.  He states that all Ashton had to do was ask and he would tell him what he wanted to know. Yeah, right.  If that was the case, he would have done the proper paper work to begin with.  And who in this world believes anything that Baez says? His words and actions are that of a middle schooler. He obviously learned very little in law school and he must have paid for the answers to the bar exam. 

As far as this not being a death penalty case due to not knowing how Caylee died....I beg to differ.  Others have been sentenced to death without a body even being found.  We may never know exactly how Caylee died, but from what I have seen in discovery, Casey is the cause of her death. Death from her own mother.....that's as low as it goes for me.  moo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: December 11, 2010, 09:11:51 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-case-the-biggest-trial-of-2011.html
Casey Anthony case: ‘the biggest trial of 2011′
CNN Headline News, Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on December, 10 2010 8:10 PM

On HLN this evening, host Vinnie Politan predicted that the Casey Anthony case will be “the biggest trial of 2011.”

He also noted that the case has taken longer to go to trial than Caylee Anthony lived. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee.

In the latest development today, Judge Belvin Perry ruled that the prosecution and defense must both give information on their experts to the other side.

I didn’t watch the hearing, but I was struck by WFTV-Channel 9’s take that Perry “wasted no time in handing down his order,” that he applied the same rules to the prosecution and defense, and that he “wasn’t going to waste much time on the back-and-forth bickering” between the two sides.

WESH-Channel 2 highlighted “a quick ruling from Perry.”

The case has been long and confounding, yet Perry’s all-business, no-nonsense approach has been refreshing and promising. He is going to make a deadline, and you had better be ready.

On HLN, Politan conducted a panel discussion with three attorneys about the issue of whether this should be a death-penalty case. They agreed it shouldn’t. One stressed that the public doesn’t know how the child died.

Yes, but learning that information keeps many of us coming back. Caylee has become a symbol, a representative for many for other children. She will not be forgotten.

Or as an HLN graphic read: “How little Caylee’s murder gripped the nation.”

Have they ever heard of Laci Peterson?    I stopped watching IN Session, so many of the 'experts' they have on there know nothing about the case they are commenting on, it's pathetic.  Since when is it necessary to know exact details of how someone died? 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: December 11, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »

We Will Never Forget You Caylee!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: December 11, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »

Justice for Caylee!  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: December 11, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/casey-anthony-and-the-court-jesters/
Casey Anthony And The Court Jesters
12/11/2010 donchais

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.