April 27, 2024, 11:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #175 11/29/10 - 12/20/10  (Read 171593 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26134277/detail.html
Perry Gives Casey Anthony Defense More Investigative Hours
Judge Grants Portion Of Request At Tuesday Hearing
POSTED: 5:08 pm EST December 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:15 pm EST December 14, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry granted Casey Anthony's defense more investigative hours at a Tuesday afternoon hearing.

SNIPED

Another hearing will take place in the case on Monday afternoon. WESH.com will have live coverage of the hearing.

Just think Casey gets another dose of reality, she's headed for many more Christmases alone in a cell for the rest of her miserable life.   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: December 14, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »

12/13/10 Amended Defense Witness List
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/66689705/12132010-Amdended-Defense-Witness-List

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: December 14, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/12/phone-hearing-phunk-casey-anthony-gets.html
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Phone Hearing Phunk: Casey Anthony Gets More Investigative Funds

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: December 14, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »

I seem to recall Chiairi being brought up ages ago, but for what its worth here is my two cents on Chiairi malformation as an excuse for a natural death...bunk.  Death is beyond extremely rare & usually within infancy (not just shy of three).   Excluding death, to my knowledge the most severe case may cause paralysis or depending on its location a host of other complications may be correlated including but not excluded to a curvature of the spine, migraines, sinus condition, poor bladder control, a cyst can develop, etc., etc.   In many cases, any medical conditions associated to such malformation are not debilitating to the point a patient is not high functioning on average.

Secondly, the jury in the medical community is still widely out on whether it is linked to being hereditary.

That being said, as far as this malformation being found upon autopsy, if Caylee died of a widely known natural death there is no way Casey (sociopath that strives on attention) nor any other individual would risk a death sentence being imposed over finally breaking down to tell the truth despite fear or hate of an individual(s) such as parents, spouse in a domestic environment...IMHO, NO WAY.   In analysing Casey's overall demeanor, behavior & attitudes, one can easily see that if this had occurred she could live off the sympathy & attention of being a grieving mother this would bring to her, in other words she would regain all the attention she resented Caylee received instead of her.  Again IMHO, Casey is and always has been an extremely selfish individual, one that says and does anything to get her way along with being very irresponsible & reckless, that being the case there is no way she is rotting in a cell over a potential death she did not commit willingly & heinously.   Judging by her jail letters, it seems very obvious to me that she has been calculated in making excuses for herself & attempting to garner sympathy.   The month she claims Caylee was "allegedly" missing her actions were also extremely cold & calculated, deliberate & not of scattered or distraught mindset.

Regardless, it does not explain Casey's computer searches months in advance, the non-existence of a nanny, the very reason why so many have fallen victim to being targeted as a suspect in a murder collectively by the defendant, her family & her defense team nor does it explain why Casey told her girlfriend that she was going to obtain her parents' home & instructed Amy to send her things to the house & change her address.

The defense using this excuse can backfire just as many other long shot theories they have been throwing at the wall hoping one will stick.  For one, there is no medical history confirming that Caylee, or Casey for that matter, had any medical issues that got the attention of even one doctor that felt an MRI or other tests be conducted to even diagnosis such a finding or any other for that matter.  Casey's parents have insisted that both Caylee & Casey were in good health & had no mental health issues (ex: FBI interview).  Casey did not work at a legitimate job since 2006, she had no medical coverage & if Im recalling correctly Caylee was not regularly seen by a physician and if and when she was her parents would have been footing the bill...in other words, records would have to back up this post mortem "theory."  The question to the defense if they bring this up would be why they didnt negotiate a plea bargain for a lesser charge (manslaughter, disposing of a body, child neglect-no medical attention), no let me state that more distinctly, BEG for a plea bargain.

Respectfully, Capp, Chiari has never been discussed as a possible defense theory wrt to Casey or Caylee prior to my article.

Perhaps you were referring to the saggittal synostosis finding from Caylee's autopsy?

While your correct about a few general symptoms you mention, what I specifically refer to in my piece, is undiagnosed CM1.

I do not personally believe this occurred, but I feel strongly that is/was the area the defense team is heading.

M1 in particular, is frequently undiagnosed and asymptomatic for many juvenile sufferers and usually presents with cardiac or respitory (apnea) symptoms or is found by a secondary trauma, thus exacerbating the unknown condition.

Abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8486872

This is an excellent abstract regarding children that had been diagnosed, but supports that the diagnosis average age is 3.3 years, which of course is again, found for the most part due to other symptoms than the external ones we would see with Type 2, 3, 4.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/110/6/1212

As far as it being hereditary, there is research to support the theory:

http://www.spineuniversity.com/new_link_between_chiari_malformation_and_connective_tissue_disorders

CM1 is absolutely considered hereditary:

Disease Description:
Arnold-Chiari malformation is a rare inherited disorder in which the lowest part of the brain extends below the base of the skull and into the spinal canal. Many people with the disease do not have symptoms and do not know they have the condition. Others have more severe forms of the disease and can become paralyzed.

Frequency

Although Chiari malformation is still listed as a rare disease by the Office of Rare Diseases of the National Institutes of Health, this categorization is based on outdated data from before the MRI era. With routine use of MR imaging, Chiari malformation is discovered with increasing frequency. For Chiari I, prevalence rates of 0.1-0.5% with a slight female predominance are suggested by recent studies.2 Chiari II is found in all children with myelomeningocele, although less than one-third develop symptoms referable to this malformation.3

Etiology

Based on analysis of familial aggregation, a genetic basis for Chiari I has been suggested.4 Recent studies suggest linkage to chromosomes 9 and 15.5 It is hypothesized that Chiari type I originates as a disorder of para-axial mesoderm, which subsequently results in formation of a small posterior fossa. The development of the cerebellum within this small compartment results is overcrowding of the posterior fossa, herniation of the cerebellar tonsils, and impaction of the foramen magnum. This theory is consistent with the observed association of Chiari I and other hereditary mesodermal connective tissue disorders, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.6

What I think is off the table, is anything other than CM1 as usually 2, 3, and 4 are found through external exam and in most cases visible as an extrusion.

While I think this is a losing propostion,  I think it is the only way this case is defensible, provided the other factors in the piece.

It will fail, but I like the shine the light in the eyes of the bad guys, kwim?

Lastly, Jose Baez is a hookster and has broken nearly every rule of professional responsibility and regulation within the Florida Bar and he needs to be held accountable for it, imo.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: December 14, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

Removed.......they probably didn't have favorable reports for Bozo. LOL

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: December 14, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »

BLINK, I guess I am a little dense, so bear with me. Are you saying the defense may be going with Chiari because it has been diagnosed with a MRI for Casey, or that is was the cause of Caylee's death?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: December 14, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »

BLINK, I guess I am a little dense, so bear with me. Are you saying the defense may be going with Chiari because it has been diagnosed with a MRI for Casey, or that is was the cause of Caylee's death?

I think they are/were looking for a natural cause of death, supported by the autopsy findings, or I should say, could not be excluded by them.  Undiagnosed CM1 has caused instant or near instant death in children, and is asymptomatic or at least was in the cases I referenced.

The synostosis in Caylee's autopsy findings can be synonymous in some published cases and it was noted in a region that at least makes it "presentable" as possible.  There was no soft tissue to examine, and Caylee was fully skeletonized. As a practical matter, there was simply not enough peri or post mortem information on Caylee to exclude the possibility.

I strongly believe that in Casey's letters, in comments from Cindy, that Casey is aware of this, and has done her part to portray symptoms to infer she COULD have a related problem, but not enough to get her a medically necessary MRI.

The tie-in to Dr. G and what I feel was a direct attempt to understate the witness Michael D Freeman, are red flags to me.

There is no other application of this witness, as stated by Jeff Ashton.

This will fail, but mostly because it is a lie designed to keep a girl that killed her baby out of prison.

B
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: December 15, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

I think they are/were looking for a natural cause of death, supported by the autopsy findings, or I should say, could not be excluded by them.  Undiagnosed CM1 has caused instant or near instant death in children, and is asymptomatic or at least was in the cases I referenced.

The synostosis in Caylee's autopsy findings can be synonymous in some published cases and it was noted in a region that at least makes it "presentable" as possible.  There was no soft tissue to examine, and Caylee was fully skeletonized. As a practical matter, there was simply not enough peri or post mortem information on Caylee to exclude the possibility.

I strongly believe that in Casey's letters, in comments from Cindy, that Casey is aware of this, and has done her part to portray symptoms to infer she COULD have a related problem, but not enough to get her a medically necessary MRI.

The tie-in to Dr. G and what I feel was a direct attempt to understate the witness Michael D Freeman, are red flags to me.

This will fail, but mostly because it is a lie designed to keep a girl that killed her baby out of prison.

B
Of course it will fail God willing we have sensible jurors seated, you'd have to be of the mindset of "wray of sunshine" to believe this girl threw a baby girl to the elements because she feared and/or hated her parents but hasnt confessed to same now that she is facing the death penalty.  There is no rhyme or reason why a reasonable person would willingly stay locked up & face a possible death sentence if they were not guilty of a heinous murder.  IMO, considering her equally repulsive parents are supporting her, there really isnt any plausible reason for her not to have told the truth if it had been an accident or the result of neglect versus a murder.  Her actions were deliberate & cruel, her lies outrageous & cold.

Blink, I mentioned that I seemed to recall this being brought up ages ago albeit not extensively, be it here or elsewhere in my travels following this case, and no I did not mistake Chiari for the saggittal synostosis finding.  As far as it being most definitely hereditary, I'll defer to a few medical publications that strongly recognize indications & discuss further research being done:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chiari-malformation/DS00839
http://www.pressenter.com/~wacma/milhorat.htm
http://www.csfinfo.org/node/181

PS did you know that it also has been linked to certain groups of people, of note Celtic.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: December 15, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/121410-More-time-granted-to-Anthony-defense
More time granted to Anthony defense
Updated: Tuesday, 14 Dec 2010, 8:19 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 14 Dec 2010, 8:19 PM EST

By Holly Bristow
      FOX 35 News
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Chief Judge Belvin Perry on Tuesday ordered that the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC) will have to fund an additional 110 hours for Casey Anthony's private investigator. That's on top of the hours submitted by the PI.

Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, said the defense needs their private investigator to investigate 115 more state witnesses. The judge approved those 110 additional hours, but he said he does not believe the JAC will pay for everything on the invoices that the defense has been submitting.

The judge warned the state does not pay private investigators to perform tasks that can be handled by a secretary or paralegal.

"Mr. Baez, such things as picking up records, defense team meetings and there is a list for transcripts and such things and making request for public records these are things that under guidelines for JAC they more than likely will not be reimbursable costs at tax payers," said Judge Perry.

Casey's defense team also asked the judge to sign off on travel expenses for some of their out of state expert witnesses. The judge said he will not do that until he see in writing exactly what the travel is for and what it will cost tax payers.
Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She has pleaded not guilty, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Her remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 2008.

Her murder trial is set to start next May.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2010, 07:10:38 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-12-14/news/os-casey-anthony-tuesday-hearing-20101214_1_casey-anthony-defense-richard-eikelenboom-defense-team
Casey Anthony defense gets additional funding
December 14, 2010|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentine
l

A judge provided Casey Anthony's defense team with the go ahead to bill the state additional hours for an investigator working on the case, but at the same time he warned the defense to make sure it bills appropriately.

During a hearing Tuesday, Chief Judge Belvin Perry said he had reviewed some of the billings submitted to the Judicial Administrative Commission by the defense and found that certain items submitted for investigative work might not be covered by the JAC under its rules.

"I have certain concerns about how the investigator is being utilized," Perry told defense attorney Jose Baez. "Some of those things can be done by a paralegal or a secretary."
He specifically noted collection of public records, attendance at defense team meetings and requests for public records as examples of what "more than likely will not be reimbursable costs."

In the end, Perry granted 110 hours of additional work for investigation, though a JAC official indicated during the hearing that the defense already billed for roughly 120 hours more than previously approved.

Perry, however, said that JAC may end up denying many of those hours because the work did not fall under the Commission's definition of investigative services.

"There's some things they may deny, and it may be quite a few hours," Perry said.

Baez had originally asked for many more hours for investigation. On Tuesday he said the additional hours are needed because the prosecution continues to provide discovery information and documents. He told Perry the defense still needs to interview about 110 witnesses. That work falls to the investigator.

"We have to do our due diligence," Baez said. "The state has listed every one as a Category A witness."

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She faces a possible death sentence if convicted. Her trial is scheduled to start in May.

Before being declared indigent and having the state pick up many costs associated with the defense, Anthony had private funding totaling about $275,000.

By late October, the defense had billed the state $38,672 and the JAC had paid out $18,405. At that time, Jeremiah Lyons Investigations had billed more than $11,120. Updated numbers were not immediately available Tuesday.

Casey Anthony was not present at Tuesday's hearing. Baez appeared by phone.

Perry held off on another defense motion to approve prior travel expenses of out-of-state experts.

The expenses are for the July 13 and 14 visits by defense experts Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Richard Eikelenboom, Dr. Selma Eikelenboom, Dr. Timothy Huntington and Dr. Nicholas Petraco. They all came to Orlando at that time to examine forensic evidence held at the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Baez said he needs an order from Perry for those expenses so he can properly submit bills with the JAC.

"You can get an order when I see the details," Perry said.
No one is staying at the Ritz or booking first class," Baez responded.

"I will pay for them, but I've got to know what I'm paying for," Perry told him.

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »

B

Thank you for your reply. It seems if the defense is reaching that far, they must absolutely not have anything for a defense for Casey. They may as well say Caylee died of an aneurysm or burst appendix if none of it can be proved. JMO

Whoops! I may have given them another idea. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »

B
Of course it will fail God willing we have sensible jurors seated, you'd have to be of the mindset of "wray of sunshine" to believe this girl threw a baby girl to the elements because she feared and/or hated her parents but hasnt confessed to same now that she is facing the death penalty.  There is no rhyme or reason why a reasonable person would willingly stay locked up & face a possible death sentence if they were not guilty of a heinous murder.  IMO, considering her equally repulsive parents are supporting her, there really isnt any plausible reason for her not to have told the truth if it had been an accident or the result of neglect versus a murder.  Her actions were deliberate & cruel, her lies outrageous & cold.

Blink, I mentioned that I seemed to recall this being brought up ages ago albeit not extensively, be it here or elsewhere in my travels following this case, and no I did not mistake Chiari for the saggittal synostosis finding.  As far as it being most definitely hereditary, I'll defer to a few medical publications that strongly recognize indications & discuss further research being done:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chiari-malformation/DS00839
http://www.pressenter.com/~wacma/milhorat.htm

PS did you know that it also has been linked to certain groups of people, of note Celtic.

I agree with your post. There is no way in my mind that Casey would have spent all this time in jail if there was a ghost of a chance that Caylee died of natural causes or accident.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

Would A. Finnell be going to Ohio to see if any family members have this Chiari?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

Would A. Finnell be going to Ohio to see if any family members have this Chiari?

It seems to me the Ohio relatives have tried to distance themselves from this case. I have a feeling they are going to be very reluctant to speak to Finnell. I don't think there is anything that can compel them to talk to her. But that just my opinion.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2010, 08:16:02 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

It is a frightening concept to think that baby killers could get off by claiming death by natural causes.   It is a horrible precedent to set and the repercussions of this defense has the potential to let loose the dregs of society.  I suppose the next argument will be it is also hereditary for the mother of the deceased to party all over town while shaking her azz in the direction the wind blows at the moment.  Sick, all of them.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: December 15, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

It is a frightening concept to think that baby killers could get off by claiming death by natural causes.   It is a horrible precedent to set and the repercussions of this defense has the potential to let loose the dregs of society.  I suppose the next argument will be it is also hereditary for the mother of the deceased to party all over town while shaking her azz in the direction the wind blows at the moment.  Sick, all of them.

It is frightening. 
 I know it's serious, but "shaking her azz" mad me laugh out loud already this morning.  Monkey Devil!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: December 15, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

It is frightening. 
 I know it's serious, but "shaking her azz" mad me laugh out loud already this morning.  Monkey Devil!

And death by natural causes doesn't explain the 31 days or the duct tape or the pitching of Caylee in a snake infested swamp.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2010, 09:47:59 AM »

Baez says all experts willing to follow JAC billing rules. Says order is needed from judge

JP says you can get an order when I see the details. I don't just give orders in blank.

I figured JP would give Bozo a few more hours. However, Bozo did get a slap from JP.   
I thought so too Fanny, but come on....what in the heck did the defense do before JP was presiding?  Where did all that money go?  As a taxpayer, I want answers. 

Hi Monks.  So Baez learned a new word, "Plethora." He must have one of those "Word a day" calendars. 

When Baez submitted an acounting of the quarter million dollars, maybe three hundred thousand, to Strickland, he gave it to Strickland in the morning and Strickland OK'd it that afternoon.  I've never understood how that could have been approved so fast and without, as far as we know, a CPA going over it before the taxpayers of FL had to pony up thousands of dollars for this worthless tramp.  But there were a number of things Strickland did which I question, such as complimenting that marinade guy about his blog.  Also, his comment about Casey not being acquainted with the truth was, IMO, out of line.  Of course we all know that Casey is a liar.  But should a judge say it in open court?  I think not. I don't like what JP did this afternoon, either.  This is just more wasted money for Baez' "detectives" to harrass some more of Tim Millers' volunteers.  It should stop right now.  But, I'm not the judge. 

Since Judge Strickland's comment regarding Casey's lies was already a matter of record by her own omission, IMHO that is an accurate statement & not out of line.

Ah yes. Always so appreciated when you straighten us out with your opinion.  But, of course, "I anticipated it."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #758 on: December 15, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

It is frightening. 

And death by natural causes doesn't explain the 31 days or the duct tape or the pitching of Caylee in a snake infested swamp.

It will always come back to that. She loves the limelight and it bit her in the azz. Photos don't lie, the Anthonys do.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »

Good Mornging Monkeys!

It is frightening. 

It will always come back to that. She loves the limelight and it bit her in the azz. Photos don't lie, the Anthonys do.

Good morning Monkeys--So glad to see you back, Fannie Mae, you little ol' matchmaker!!!  Good job it was, too.

As far as Casey "Shaking her azz," it's something she learned at her mother's knee. But gravity has taken its toll with Cindy, and most things are not in the same places they were when she started out.  Happens to us all, but most of us realize it. It's really sad when a woman of "A certain age" as is Cindy, tries to act and look as young as her daughter.  Almost feel sorry for her.  Almost, but not quite.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.