April 28, 2024, 02:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #175 11/29/10 - 12/20/10  (Read 171601 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: December 16, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-wftv-highlights-defense-teams-speed-on-documents.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: WFTV highlights defense team’s speed on documents
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Orlando, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on December, 16 2010 9:41 AM

Casey Anthony’s defense team yesterday filed court documents explaining what its experts will discuss.

In reports last night and this morning, WFTV-Channel 9 looked at highlights from the 329 filed pages. Of special interest: speed.

“It only took Casey Anthony’s  attorney Jose Baez about three business days to comply with Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s order to give up detailed information about his expert witnesses,” Kenneth Moton reported. 

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The trial is scheduled to begin in May.

Moton highlighted several defense experts: Forensic pathologist Dr. Werner Spitz will testify he saw no trauma when he performed a second autopsy on the toddler’s remains. Forensic pathologist Dr. Henry Lee will counter the findings of Orange County crime scene investigators. Forensic anthropoligst Dr. Scott Fairgrieve will discount the use of cadaver dogs.

Moton explained that the documents reveal the defense’s likely approach at trial. “The defense lined up botanists and forensic scientists to try to prove there’s no way state expert witnesses can know how long Caylee Anthony’s remains were in this wooded area near her home,” Moton said. “Baez plans to put experts on the stand who believe Caylee’s body decomposed at another location.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #821 on: December 16, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/16/caylee-anthony-case-a-look-at-the-defenses-experts/

Caylee Anthony case: A look at the defense’s experts
Posted on December 16, 2010 by Valhall
Thank-you. I have watched Henry Lee and Dr. Werner Spitz in action before. Don't think it is any secret that with money and more recognition, an expert can and will tweak their findings. It will all come down to who the jury believes and trusts with the experts, and who they like more, the defense team or the prosecution. And with all the experts findings, they better make it easy to comprehend, and not bore the jury to death. Dr. Spitz, when he goes on and on, could make a sleeping person go into a very deep sleep, while Dr Lee it is hard to understand what he is saying.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: December 16, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

Why do I feel this turning into an OJ case and her getting off.  I mean I have no doubt she's guilty, but I felt the same about OJ and look what happened.  So obvious, but it only takes one juror.   
I've been worried about that for a long time. Those of us that have followed this case closely certainly know much more than a juror will be told. Nothing would surprise or shock me.
No offense to anyone, but in my humble opinion, the prosecutors and one of their star witnesses in the OJ trial are responsible for the acquittal (I know and respect they have gone on to other things and Mark Forman as well).  The prosecutors here are for Caylee first and foremost.  I believe they will be prepared as much as two human beings can ever be.  I trust their professionalism and their absolute devotion for justice.  Yes, it only takes one juror, but I believe the other jurors will be like rabid raccoons and not let that happen.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: December 16, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/16/caylee-anthony-case-a-look-at-the-defenses-experts/

Thank-you. I have watched Henry Lee and Dr. Werner Spitz in action before. Don't think it is any secret that with money and more recognition, an expert can and will tweak their findings. It will all come down to who the jury believes and trusts with the experts, and who they like more, the defense team or the prosecution. And with all the experts findings, they better make it easy to comprehend, and not bore the jury to death. Dr. Spitz, when he goes on and on, could make a sleeping person go into a very deep sleep, while Dr Lee it is hard to understand what he is saying.

I totally agree with you no rose!
Wee Wee has lived in this country for how many years???? and we still can't understand his English....that being said, I don't trust him at all, not after tampering with evidence (finger nail) in the Phil Spector case. Even the judge basically called him a liar. I hope the State questions him about that if he testifies.
Liar for hire......

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: December 16, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

I totally agree with you no rose!
Wee Wee has lived in this country for how many years???? and we still can't understand his English....that being said, I don't trust him at all, not after tampering with evidence (finger nail) in the Phil Spector case. Even the judge basically called him a liar. I hope the State questions him about that if he testifies.
Liar for hire......
While I totally agree that the prosecution will put everything in their case, and do what it takes for justice, I also saw the prosecution in Phil Spector's first trial, put everything in it as well. That didn't go too well. I always worry about a juror with an agenda, and until the end and the jurors come back, I will just wait and see. I can't wait to see the State and defense strategy at work.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
12/16/2010           Correspondence

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #826 on: December 16, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

Why do I feel this turning into an OJ case and her getting off.  I mean I have no doubt she's guilty, but I felt the same about OJ and look what happened.  So obvious, but it only takes one juror.   

The difference this time is it is a child who was murdered and this is not California. Juries in Ca. tend to be more "understanding" and liberal where Florida juries tend to see the facts then "turn and burn them."  I do not see her getting off regardless of all the list of freaks (Dr. Lee) Bozo puts up there.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »

The difference this time is it is a child who was murdered and this is not California. Juries in Ca. tend to be more "understanding" and liberal where Florida juries tend to see the facts then "turn and burn them."  I do not see her getting off regardless of all the list of freaks (Dr. Lee) Bozo puts up there.
Jurors in CA tend to be more understanding, when it comes to celebrities on trial. And while there are many liberal cities in this state, CA is not the most liberal state, Rhode Island is. When it comes to cases such as this, jurors in CA do seem to get it right.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: December 16, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

Baez says all experts willing to follow JAC billing rules. Says order is needed from judge

JP says you can get an order when I see the details. I don't just give orders in blank.

I figured JP would give Bozo a few more hours. However, Bozo did get a slap from JP.   
I thought so too Fanny, but come on....what in the heck did the defense do before JP was presiding?  Where did all that money go?  As a taxpayer, I want answers. 

Hi Monks.  So Baez learned a new word, "Plethora." He must have one of those "Word a day" calendars. 

When Baez submitted an acounting of the quarter million dollars, maybe three hundred thousand, to Strickland, he gave it to Strickland in the morning and Strickland OK'd it that afternoon.  I've never understood how that could have been approved so fast and without, as far as we know, a CPA going over it before the taxpayers of FL had to pony up thousands of dollars for this worthless tramp.  But there were a number of things Strickland did which I question, such as complimenting that marinade guy about his blog.  Also, his comment about Casey not being acquainted with the truth was, IMO, out of line.  Of course we all know that Casey is a liar.  But should a judge say it in open court?  I think not. I don't like what JP did this afternoon, either.  This is just more wasted money for Baez' "detectives" to harrass some more of Tim Millers' volunteers.  It should stop right now.  But, I'm not the judge. 

Since Judge Strickland's comment regarding Casey's lies was already a matter of record by her own omission, IMHO that is an accurate statement & not out of line.

Ah yes. Always so appreciated when you straighten us out with your opinion.  But, of course, "I anticipated it."

You are most welcome.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: December 16, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »

I keep thinking of how self centered and narcissist Bozo is to not only endanger the life of his client but DO NOTHING in her best interest. I have read a lot of cases out of Florida and from what I find if he had gone for a plea deal before the body was found by saying it was an accident KC would have most likely been out of jail in 8 years or less. Maybe 4 years with good time. She would have been out of jail before this trial will happen giving extenuating circumstances.

I can see why George & Cindy hate this man - he has used their daughter to create a false persona of being a real lawyer and it may cost KC her life.  If not her life, she will spend the rest of her life in a state prison for women where she will be a target until the day she dies.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: December 16, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »

In other words, all Bozo's experts are supposedly going to refute "false prosecution claims".
He just HAS to get his digs in. He's such a Baby Huey. (at least Baby Huey was cute).

Well, we'll just see what "false claims" get the o hell to the no from the jury, my bet is the prosecution has little to no worries what the outcome will be.   Snit, this from a man that does nothing but  horse manure!

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: December 16, 2010, 12:50:35 PM »

Why in the world this case wasn't plead out is beyond me, it will always be beyond me.

It wasn't because Bozo is an incompetent lawyer. He could not have a plea deal go down if he was to get the national attention he needed to get money. This entire case is all about the money and "FOLLOW THE MONEY" rings more true in this case than any I have read.

I was thinking back about what was said when KC hired Bozo - WHERE did KC get that money? If she didn't have gas money where did she come up with thousands of dollars to hire him? We know the Anthonys did not give it to her because they did not know he was hired until after the fact.

I can't help  but think that the state has a LOT of evidence which will be brought in through witnesses. Although they have to release the witnesses names, I don't believe BOZO has a clue what some of the things which are going to be told about this family.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »

Why in the world this case wasn't plead out is beyond me, it will always be beyond me.

It wasn't because Bozo is an incompetent lawyer. He could not have a plea deal go down if he was to get the national attention he needed to get money. This entire case is all about the money and "FOLLOW THE MONEY" rings more true in this case than any I have read.

I was thinking back about what was said when KC hired Bozo - WHERE did KC get that money? If she didn't have gas money where did she come up with thousands of dollars to hire him? We know the Anthonys did not give it to her because they did not know he was hired until after the fact.

I can't help  but think that the state has a LOT of evidence which will be brought in through witnesses. Although they have to release the witnesses names, I don't believe BOZO has a clue what some of the things which are going to be told about this family.

I meant to say NOT ONLY because Bozo is an incompetent lawyer. I sure don't want to give any credence to his ability as an attorney because he is the poster boy for what not to be & do in the legal field.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #833 on: December 16, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »

Thanks, Trimm!

IMO, this one will be very important to the defense:

Dr. Werner Spitz

Field of Expertise:  Forensic Pathology
Area of intended testimony: The defense will have Dr. Spitz present his findings from a second autopsy he conducted on Caylee’s remains.
Issue at hand: Dr. Spitz is there to agree with Dr. Garavaglia because that is to the benefit of Casey Anthony.  Dr. Spitz agrees with Dr. G’s conclusions that there were no signs of ante- or perimortem trauma to Caylee and that a cause of death cannot be determined.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: December 16, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-defense-experts-20101215,0,1185521.story
Casey Anthony defense team files 329 pages on expert witnesses
Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
5:51 p.m. EST, December 15, 2010
Casey Anthony's defense team provided 329 pages of details about its expert witnesses today, following recent requests by the prosecution and an order from the court.

The defense expert issue became a controversy after Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton and defense attorney Jose Baez argued over what information the defense should provide about the defense experts.

On Friday, Chief Judge Belvin Perry ordered the prosecution and defense to provide the detailed information about expert witnesses who have not yet provided reports in the case. That information was to include summaries of what they'll be testifying about, Perry ruled.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She faces the death penalty if convicted. Her trial is set to start in May.
Defense witnesses include:

•Dr. Henry Lee, the well-known criminalist and forensic pathologist often associated with the O.J. Simpson case. According to his website, Lee is founder and professor of the Forensic Science Program at the University of New Haven. During a 40-year period, Lee assisted with the investigations of some 6,000 cases.

Baez called Lee "probably the world's foremost crime scene detective." He will testify about evidence from the recovery scene where Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found, Casey Anthony's car and other areas.

Dr. Tim Huntington, an assistant professor at Concordia University, Nebraska, and a board-certified entomologist. Forensic entomology applies the study of insects to a legal context to help establish times of death and postmortem movement of bodies.

Richard Eikelenboom, a renowned Dutch forensic expert who, along with his wife Selma, is a partner at Independent Forensic Services, a Netherlands lab specializing in trace evidence recovery and Touch DNA testing. They are considered pioneers in the field of "Touch DNA." Richard Eikelenboom is a DNA expert who handles blood-pattern analysis.

In other news in the Casey Anthony case, the Orlando Sentinel through its attorney Rachel Fugate filed a motion to intervene in the case, opposing the defense team's efforts to seal its "penalty phase" witnesses.
The defense has said witnesses already have been "subject to harassment" making some "reluctant to come forward with information." It has also expressed concerns about Casey Anthony's ability to get a fair trial with all the publicity surrounding the case.

But Fugate said the defense team "seeks an extreme remedy of closing court and public records."

"Such a drastic remedy can only be ordered when there is a manifestly overwhelming threat to the defendant's right to receive a fair trial," Fugate argued. "And even then, alternatives must be considered and restrictions must be narrow. Because the defendant's motion does not even come close to meeting these high standards, it should be denied."

A hearing on that issue is scheduled to be held before Judge Perry at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Of note, funny Bozo & company omitted factually the cases Dr. Henry Lee was not only admonished by the court but it became evident that he fabricated testimony for the defense.

Richard Eikelenboom, a renowned Dutch forensic expert but yet not a Dr of note, hmmm.   I havent had a chance to read the docs yet but I will be later today.   Regardless, the jury wont be fooled that the defense had to go all the way to the Netherlands to find someone that would be their hired ho, especially since there are doctors qualified right here in the US that could testify.   A case known worldwide that used Touch DNA is the Jon Benet Ramsey case to clear her family.  There are several methods used swab, cut, scrapping & tape lift.

Expect to get aggravated with this testimony because I smell a rat planting tainted cheese.   I doubt highly it will have a positive impact for Casey.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: December 16, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »

I keep thinking of how self centered and narcissist Bozo is to not only endanger the life of his client but DO NOTHING in her best interest. I have read a lot of cases out of Florida and from what I find if he had gone for a plea deal before the body was found by saying it was an accident KC would have most likely been out of jail in 8 years or less. Maybe 4 years with good time. She would have been out of jail before this trial will happen giving extenuating circumstances.

I can see why George & Cindy hate this man - he has used their daughter to create a false persona of being a real lawyer and it may cost KC her life.  If not her life, she will spend the rest of her life in a state prison for women where she will be a target until the day she dies.

I totally agree with everything you said, and it would have saved a lot of taxpayers money.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: December 16, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »

Thanks, Trimm!

Dr. Werner Spitz

Area of intended testimony: The defense will have Dr. Spitz present his findings from a second autopsy he conducted on Caylee’s remains.
Issue at hand: Dr. Spitz is there to agree with Dr. Garavaglia because that is to the benefit of Casey Anthony.  Dr. Spitz agrees with Dr. G’s conclusions that there were no signs of ante- or perimortem trauma to Caylee and that a cause of death cannot be determined.

Talk about a twist of words!   Yes, she stated that a cause of death could not be determined BUT she concluded via other evidence that it was indeed a homicide, Oy!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #837 on: December 16, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »

Thanks, Trimm!

Dr. Werner Spitz

Talk about a twist of words!   Yes, she stated that a cause of death could not be determined BUT she concluded via other evidence that it was indeed a homicide, Oy!

Exactly, Capp. 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: December 16, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »

Thanks, Trimm!

Dr. Werner Spitz

Agreed CBB, except there is postmortem trauma to Caylee. It is located in the Anthropology report.

Outside of the animal activity, she had a fracture of the distal metaphysis tibia at the distal end.
It is my layperson's opinion that fracture is going to be very important to the prosecution in this case.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: December 16, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »

I can't help  but think that the state has a LOT of evidence which will be brought in through witnesses. Although they have to release the witnesses names, I don't believe BOZO has a clue what some of the things which are going to be told about this family.

True Dat, Turbo.

Like for Instance, how he was hired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.