March 28, 2024, 08:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who can't quit smoking ;(  (Read 3692 times)
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: November 10, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

I know its a bad, unhealthy, nasty, smelly habit...but I can't quit. 

I wanted to share with you [i got the idea from a friend, who shared with me] a way to save a lot of money if you are like me and can't quit.

I bought a cigarette rolling machine [$39.00] then bought the 'menthol tubes' [$3.49 -for 200 ct.] and a bag of menthol tobacco [1 lb. bag premium pipe tobacco -$16.99] and now I can make a pack of cigarettes for close to $1.75 [approx.] a pack.

I had no idea where to get this stuff [other than to buy online] when I lucked out and found a new shop, just opened...right in the shopping center that I frequent.

They had everything I needed. Will even special order the menthol light tobacco if I wanted...but found the reg. just fine.

I realise smoking isn't healthy...but at least this way you aren't getting all the extra additives and chemicals.

Just wanted to pass this along. I love saving money, any way I can. 

p.s. i ran out of tubes, the shop was out of the menthol, so i got the 'regular' type, and can tell absolutely no difference.   

NCSunny

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »

I wanted to share with you [i got the idea from a friend, who shared with me] a way to save a lot of money if you are like me and can't quit.

I bought a cigarette rolling machine [$39.00] then bought the 'menthol tubes' [$3.49 -for 200 ct.] and a bag of menthol tobacco [1 lb. bag premium pipe tobacco -$16.99] and now I can make a pack of cigarettes for close to $1.75 [approx.] a pack.

I had no idea where to get this stuff [other than to buy online] when I lucked out and found a new shop, just opened...right in the shopping center that I frequent.

They had everything I needed. Will even special order the menthol light tobacco if I wanted...but found the reg. just fine.

I realise smoking isn't healthy...but at least this way you aren't getting all the extra additives and chemicals.

p.s. i ran out of tubes, the shop was out of the menthol, so i got the 'regular' type, and can tell absolutely no difference.   

Great idea! My daughter in Indiana does this...
On a side note...
I have been working with my doc and when I remember, I repeat this each time I light up;

"I hate you, you're killing me,you're too expensive, you make me stink".  We call it "personal brain washing".     
I have cut back considerably...any tool?

Of course, you could do what I just did(haven't in a loooong time)and light the wrong end       makes you wait awhile to lite up again!   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:14 AM »

Thanks for the information NCSunny. I have passed it along to all my smoking friends.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »

My dad and sister do this too.  I have ran out when I'm with them and bum one from them, they really are not that bad.  And you cant beat the price! 

If you're gonna smoke, why not save a penny in doing so!!

(I am starting the patches Monday...hoping this is my last attempt at quitting!)

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »

I wish you all much success. I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and never have wanted to smoke again. I hope all of you can  experience just how wonderful it is to not be tied to a cigarette. I breath so much better now, that has been the best part of it.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »

I am trying to quit.  I quit years and years ago and stayed off smokes till after Brian died
Now I have been smoking for 3 1/2 years again.
I do okay for a several days and then .......................................
Leroy,
the patch helps me a lot
when I use it....................
Thanks for the info, NC Sunny, if I can not master my addiction I will check into this!
High praise for 4Donks and TG!  So happy for you and so proud of you.
Hugs.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:25:50 AM »

Great idea! My daughter in Indiana does this...
On a side note...
I have been working with my doc and when I remember, I repeat this each time I light up;

"I hate you, you're killing me,you're too expensive, you make me stink".  We call it "personal brain washing".     
I have cut back considerably...any tool?

Of course, you could do what I just did(haven't in a loooong time)and light the wrong end       makes you wait awhile to lite up again!   
I like this 'personal brain washing' idea, Nana!!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »

I recently splurged on some teeth whitening products....I know it sounds weird but I have cut back so much on smoking since doing this!  For one, you cant smoke when you have the strips on (that's a good 35 minutes)....then after I take them off I wait until I'm really craving a ciggy and instead of lighting one, I go and brush my teeth really good with whitening toothpaste. The next craving I go and floss my teeth for a bit (yes, my gums hate me..ha).  Then the next craving I use my teeth whitening mouth wash.  By this time, I'm dying for a ciggy but my mouth is so clean and fresh that I wait as long as I possibly can so as to not ruin it.

This process holds me off for a few hours (in which time I would have probably had 5 ciggy's) and the results are whiter brighter teeth - win win for all!

Also, at work on my breaks when I would usually go outside for a ciggy, I go and floss my teeth.  For some reason, flossing my teeth makes me concentrate and not focus on the ciggy.   After I floss, the strong urge goes away and I can get by a few more hours without one.

Saturday & Sunday I did the whole *whitening process* twice - once in the morning and then in the evening.  During the week isn't so bad since I work 8-5 and cant really smoke anyways.  But over the weekend I really did smoke half as much as I normally would have.

This of course isn't going to get me to quit all together but it will help when I slap the patch on and light up my E-Cigarette here soon   Monkey Devil! 

Good luck to all -- it is such a hard habit to quit.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 02:18:49 AM »

Leroy wanna know how and why I quit? When my son was just a little guy, maybe 4 or so he had watched a commercial about the dangers of cig's and it scared him. He crawled on my lap, took my face in his little hands and said to me, "mama please stop smoking, I don't want you to die" The look on his little face was one of such seriousness and his big brown eyes were just pleading with me. I didn't have the heart to smoke again so I stopped. It was like something in my brain just turned the cravings off. I had finally, after many years honestly made the decision that cig's were not going to be a part of my life anymore.
I have heard of others saying that as well, about something just turning off in you and you say with realness, "no more". So I think the trick is, just deciding to not smoke anymore. You can do it because you have the control. Good luck! 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »

Thank you for all the helpful ideas.
I have 1/2 pack left and plan to start on the patch this afternoon/evening.
I have spent 6 days really cleaning my house/wood work and all..............I am tired of the smell and tired of feeling out of control.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »

This is a terrible struggle for me.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »

This is a terrible struggle for me.

Hang in there, you can do it    

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »

Has anyone tried the RX
called, "Chantrex ?"

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 05:47:02 AM »

Has anyone tried the RX
called, "Chantrex ?"
I have known 2 people who have used Chantrix and had to come off of it.  They said it worked, but the side effects, depression, horrible dreams, etc. were way out of control.  My suggestion to someone wishing to try it . . . just get one week of the prescription filled to see if you have side effects.  I do that with any new medication.  Saves a lot of money.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.