March 19, 2024, 12:27:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Become a CMHR Mission Member 2010/2011  (Read 3888 times)
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: November 10, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »

What is this and how do you become one? It is Chance Miniature Horse Rescue. To become a CMHR Mission Member 2010 all a person has to do is give $3.00/mth to this Charity for one year. They will use this money to care for the horses they rescue until they can find them permanent homes. Someone here might even want to be a foster home if they have the property to do so. Or maybe you would like to apply to be a permanent home. What an opportunity.

A lot of these horses have never felt the love that your pets have. They come in covered with lice, starved to death, feet never trimmed and all other things you can imagine. CMHR pays all the vet bills necessary, finds them foster homes where they can be loved and cared for, possibly being taught to be loving pets so when they find their new forever home they will fit in. A lot of these furkids become a childs best friend. Some have even been taken to shows and won once they are in fit condition.

If you are interested you can send your payment by paypal by going to: http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/ hit the paypal button on the first page, down on the left.

Or you can use regular mail and send it to:
Gini Acton, Treasurer
16340 N Coronado View RD
Tucson, AZ 85739

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »

I'm not sure how this topic ended up getting set by itself.  Might be a bug in the forum software.  I may move this thread to the Monkey Lounge so it's not all by itself here.  I'll think about it. 

Weird how it ended up looking this way.  Nothing you did wrong it's just a forum software thing. 
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »

Thanks Klaas it was probably my magic fingers. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 09:29:33 PM »

Thanks Klaas it was probably my magic fingers. 

I'll move it to the Monkey Lounge and sticky it so it stays on top.  I still need to figure out how it ended up the way it did, LOL  Monkey Devil!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 01:59:35 AM »

This sounds like a wonderful organization. I have 4 rescue donkeys and know the time expense and love it requires to bring these great pets back to their full recovery and I hope people will take an interest. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »

This sounds like a wonderful organization. I have 4 rescue donkeys and know the time expense and love it requires to bring these great pets back to their full recovery and I hope people will take an interest. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

You're welcome 4Donks.  I had a little donkey and a little mule but he got those and I got the mini horses. They are such wonderful and smart little furkids. I will have to check but I do believe CMHR has taken in donkeys also at times to rehab/rehome them. They have foster homes all over the United States and are always looking for more. There just aren't enough.

I am also hoping there will be some who take an interest. It is not the animals fault this has happened to them.

As I said before every little bit helps.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:29:30 AM »

I also wanted to add this.

CMHR is a tax exempt organization 501 (c) (3) with a public charity status:   170 (b) (1) (A) (vi).

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »

Hi LD1!   

This is a little O/T, but thought I would put it here for you to see. I thought it was way cool! I just included the link and title.

Miniature guide horse opens doors for blind student

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40195834/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals?gt1=43001

I am thinking about joining CMHR. Talking with hubby.   See ya' !   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

Hi LD1!   

This is a little O/T, but thought I would put it here for you to see. I thought it was way cool! I just included the link and title.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40195834/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals?gt1=43001

They are awesome little horses. They are truly a joy to be around. Most of the ones that are used as guide horses are dwarfs due to the much smaller size. These have been created due to far too much in breeding by owners. They are extremely sweet but some are born dead and others have huge health issues and short life spans. They are now trying to come up with genetic testing to prevent this but alot of the horses carry the gene. My do not as they have been crossed with shetlands and bred down. They are much larger than the dwarfs. Mine are from 34-1/2 inches to 35-1/2 inches tall. I have a foal due in May then I will never breed again. It was a day I gave in and shouldn't have. Bad mommy.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Hi LD1!   

It would be so awesome if you joined CMHR. They are such a wonderful group. You can get lots of info by going to http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?act=idx So much info to be had at that website and wonderful people.

They are awesome little horses. They are truly a joy to be around. Most of the ones that are used as guide horses are dwarfs due to the much smaller size. These have been created due to far too much in breeding by owners. They are extremely sweet but some are born dead and others have huge health issues and short life spans. They are now trying to come up with genetic testing to prevent this but alot of the horses carry the gene. My do not as they have been crossed with shetlands and bred down. They are much larger than the dwarfs. Mine are from 34-1/2 inches to 35-1/2 inches tall. I have a foal due in May then I will never breed again. It was a day I gave in and shouldn't have. Bad mommy.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in this. We have collected over $5000.00 with this for CMHR. 

It is over today. This thread can now be allowed to move along its normal course.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.