March 19, 2024, 04:14:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 285543 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: November 30, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »

Since we are making fun of the men folk I will add my two cents - Today is my birthday - so hubby decides he will take me to a holiday party given by the new Michigan Secretary of State that we supported. I do not do the dress and nylon thing very often anymore. So he was laughing when I said I had no nylons. Said I should excersice more and then I would have some that fit!  Then he took me out to dinner and I had a yummy dessert called a mile high chocolate pie - and he says to me "perhaps that is why nothing fits you?".  Thought about slapping him but he was driving so I figured it would be a bad plan . . . I agree that you have to love them or shoot them - and shooting them makes too much paper work!   Monkey Devil!

Sorry I am not prepared with a personalized birthday greeting for you!

Also sorry your hubby was a bit ...shall I say, insensitive?

Hope you had a good day though!

You are very special to us, theboyzmom!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1361 on: November 30, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »

I've been gone most of the day. Went to Cleveland Al to animal control to rescue a senior dog about to be put down. She's a little black female ( 8lbs ) somewhere over 10 yrs old that was left in the overnight drop box. My rescue friend asked me to go look at her and see if I would rescue her. She was in a nonheated kennel that was urine soaked from the 2 large males on either side of her. She was soaked and shivering,smelly and matted. I told my sister that no way in heII was she going back in that cage so adopted her drove to Oneata to my large animal vet and they bathed her and trimmed her nails that were curled under and into the pads of her paws. He examined her and she had never been spayed and has mammary tumors and needs her teeth cleaned. She is scheduled for surgery Friday morning at 8.

When we got home the big guys were so excited. Beela was play bowing and Jazz brought her one of his treats. She is fed, warm in a nice soft bed with three hulking dogs all laying there guarding her. She is much like Furby ,she just bosses the big guys around and they are now out of their blue funk missing Furbs. She has an odd gait when she walks probably and old untreated injury but doesn't let that slow her down.

I said never again but apparently senility has set in. I'd take a picture but she is all black and it's hard to see her features.

I love your heart, 4 Donks.  I love your heart.
What will you name her?
and
WTF is an overnight drop box?           I would have to spend my nights sitting at the business end of it catching all the little misfits.....................
Are they doing surgery on more than her teeth?  Spay?  What can they do about mammary tumors?
Many hugs for all at your wonderful sanctuary.

It's actually not a box but a chain link cage that you can put unwanted pets in after hours or weekends. Any time the animal control office is closed. Unfortunately the animals then have no history.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #1362 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »

I've been gone most of the day. Went to Cleveland Al to animal control to rescue a senior dog about to be put down. She's a little black female ( 8lbs ) somewhere over 10 yrs old that was left in the overnight drop box. My rescue friend asked me to go look at her and see if I would rescue her. She was in a nonheated kennel that was urine soaked from the 2 large males on either side of her. She was soaked and shivering,smelly and matted. I told my sister that no way in heII was she going back in that cage so adopted her drove to Oneata to my large animal vet and they bathed her and trimmed her nails that were curled under and into the pads of her paws. He examined her and she had never been spayed and has mammary tumors and needs her teeth cleaned. She is scheduled for surgery Friday morning at 8.

When we got home the big guys were so excited. Beela was play bowing and Jazz brought her one of his treats. She is fed, warm in a nice soft bed with three hulking dogs all laying there guarding her. She is much like Furby ,she just bosses the big guys around and they are now out of their blue funk missing Furbs. She has an odd gait when she walks probably and old untreated injury but doesn't let that slow her down.

I said never again but apparently senility has set in. I'd take a picture but she is all black and it's hard to see her features.

I love your heart, 4 Donks.  I love your heart.
What will you name her?
and
WTF is an overnight drop box?           I would have to spend my nights sitting at the business end of it catching all the little misfits.....................
Are they doing surgery on more than her teeth?  Spay?  What can they do about mammary tumors?
Many hugs for all at your wonderful sanctuary.

It's actually not a box but a chain link cage that you can put unwanted pets in after hours or weekends. Any time the animal control office is closed. Unfortunately the animals then have no history.

Names?
Jackpot
lilbit
dabby  (lil dab il doo ya)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: November 30, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »

Addie      as in add on to the family

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1364 on: November 30, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »

Since we are making fun of the men folk I will add my two cents - Today is my birthday - so hubby decides he will take me to a holiday party given by the new Michigan Secretary of State that we supported. I do not do the dress and nylon thing very often anymore. So he was laughing when I said I had no nylons. Said I should excersice more and then I would have some that fit!  Then he took me out to dinner and I had a yummy dessert called a mile high chocolate pie - and he says to me "perhaps that is why nothing fits you?".  Thought about slapping him but he was driving so I figured it would be a bad plan . . . I agree that you have to love them or shoot them - and shooting them makes too much paper work!   Monkey Devil!
Happy Birthday!
I bet he loves you like fire.
Men just get all ahead of themselves when they talk and I love that he remembers your birthday.  Hug him for me, I bet he is one of the good guys.

He really is a good guy. But still a guy - but I cut him some slack for that. I will hug him for you!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: November 30, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »

Tolerance they will spay and remove the tumors and clean her teeth while she is under because at her age it's better than putting her under 3 times. Just hope she doesn't have heartworm but we'll just keep our fingers crossed. I believe she will be a pistol. No fear of three big dogs surrounding her and is getting more confident and comfortable by the minute. She is not the type to sleep in a bassinet unless there is a lockable lid on top. Monkey Devil! It was worth it just to have her clean, warm and in a cozy bed without the nails growing into her pads. People that could do this to a 10+yr old pet are SICK.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1366 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »

Sorry I am not prepared with a personalized birthday greeting for you!

Also sorry your hubby was a bit ...shall I say, insensitive?

Hope you had a good day though!

You are very special to us, theboyzmom!

I did have a good day. hubby is just a guy - but a good one - would not trade him - but I would not clone him either!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1367 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »

Happy Birthday TBM

Dessert sounds fabulous.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1368 on: November 30, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »

Happy Birthday theboyzmom  an angelic monkey  I just love when men open their mouths, and nonsense pours out    4 Donks how wonderful, a new addition  an angelic monkey
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1369 on: November 30, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »

Tolerance they will spay and remove the tumors and clean her teeth while she is under because at her age it's better than putting her under 3 times. Just hope she doesn't have heartworm but we'll just keep our fingers crossed. I believe she will be a pistol. No fear of three big dogs surrounding her and is getting more confident and comfortable by the minute. She is not the type to sleep in a bassinet unless there is a lockable lid on top. Monkey Devil! It was worth it just to have her clean, warm and in a cozy bed without the nails growing into her pads. People that could do this to a 10+yr old pet are SICK.
I can't imagine how that would hurt her pads.  No wonder she has an odd gait.
I imagine it to be like when a horse founders?
I only rescued one dog that had heart worms.  His name was Cuda and I really fell in love with him.  The vet tried to treat him but he was too far gone.  He was so smart.  In one night my husband taught him to put his paws on the pool table and bark whenever he made a shot.  When ever I was up he taught him to turn his back to the table.  It was hilarious.  He was so loving.  It was so sad.   I agree that folks that do not care for their animals are a special kind of sick.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1370 on: November 30, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  TBM

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:40 PM »

All Monkeys please keep your heads down in the stormy weather.  It is icky here and very windy but not stormy.

Brandi, so glad canine Brandi got a good report!  Those yearly checks are really getting expensive, aren't they?  I never thought of owning a pooch as an abject luxury, but it is seeming to be so!

Cookie................I need the name/number of your house/dog sitter, please!!   My youngest just finished his Masters Degree and there is a big party in Champaign I need to attend on Jan 2!!       I am proud of him.  He finished this all the while managing his full time work at UofI, 3 children (one adopted from China during his studies), church activities and maintaning marriage to a very high maintenance wife.   (NEVER QUOTE ME......NEVER!!)   

Tol (who is not sounding so tolerant w/ that last sentence...........)

unfortunately she moved to Galena..
I have been boarding my dog at Dogwood /Country Lane Kennels at Mulford and Riverside area...he likes it there and they are very good to him..He doesn't mind going there too much...
congrats on your son's success...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: November 30, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »

GE..hope that hubs is better and yes, why don't they just check his lungs while he was there?? another charge for an office call I suspect..

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »

All Monkeys please keep your heads down in the stormy weather.  It is icky here and very windy but not stormy.

Brandi, so glad canine Brandi got a good report!  Those yearly checks are really getting expensive, aren't they?  I never thought of owning a pooch as an abject luxury, but it is seeming to be so!

Cookie................I need the name/number of your house/dog sitter, please!!   My youngest just finished his Masters Degree and there is a big party in Champaign I need to attend on Jan 2!!       I am proud of him.  He finished this all the while managing his full time work at UofI, 3 children (one adopted from China during his studies), church activities and maintaning marriage to a very high maintenance wife.   (NEVER QUOTE ME......NEVER!!)   

Tol (who is not sounding so tolerant w/ that last sentence...........)

unfortunately she moved to Galena..
I have been boarding my dog at Dogwood /Country Lane Kennels at Mulford and Riverside area...he likes it there and they are very good to him..He doesn't mind going there too much...
congrats on your son's success...
Thanks for the response, Cookie!  I have had PJ there as well.  He is fine there except he absolutely needs to have 2 walks a day.  I will check if I can pay extra for that.  They are, indeed, very nice there.
so glad about your house!!  I bet you are excited.
Hugs
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1374 on: November 30, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »

4donks....

You are an earth angel..... an angelic monkey

A name that came to me for some unknown reason was... Paula....I think furby and Paul sent her to you... an angelic monkey

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1375 on: November 30, 2010, 11:09:07 PM »

4donks...

HOW ABOUT..."Monkey"   she can official be our mascot...

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: November 30, 2010, 11:37:33 PM »

That's not senility.  That's dog love.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: November 30, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »

I've been reading at Zahra's thread and it is so depressing. There's a report that she was raped by two men.  It isn't clear, but probably either Lisa or Adam Baker or both were pimping her out.  Little girls can bleed to death as a result of being raped.  That might have happened.

It happens in Muslim countries all the time.  In their view, Mohammed was the perfect man, a man to emulate.  He married a six-year-old girl, but didn't consumate the marriage until she was nine.  So kind. This was unusual even in the seventh century.  Old men still "Marry" little girls and rape them.  They often bleed to death.

It would be comforting if I believed as many of you do that Zahra is "In a better place."  I don't believe that.  I believe she should be here to live out her life as she had a right to do.  The lesson to be learned here is, IMO, not how she died, but the courage with which she lived her life. That is something to emulate. 

And we are supposed to be tolerant of the "Religion of Peace."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: December 01, 2010, 06:53:05 AM »

Happy Birthday!   
Men....pft.
Tell you what to do.Get a nice full length mirror and just hang it in the bathroom or in your bedroom.
Then watch yourself a movie with a nice hunky dude in it.Make sure hubby has to pass by while you watch it.Then wait...(kinda like fishing)it may take a day or two but when you least expect it you'll catch him admiring himself from the front,side and back.He may even do the old let me check out my six-pack ab pose.
I guess our monkey jet should come with a mile high chocolate dessert bar!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: December 01, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »

Happy Birthday!   
Men....pft.
Tell you what to do.Get a nice full length mirror and just hang it in the bathroom or in your bedroom.
Then watch yourself a movie with a nice hunky dude in it.Make sure hubby has to pass by while you watch it.Then wait...(kinda like fishing)it may take a day or two but when you least expect it you'll catch him admiring himself from the front,side and back.He may even do the old let me check out my six-pack ab pose.
I guess our monkey jet should come with a mile high chocolate dessert bar!   

LOL - Since I am the "trophy wife" (I am 11 years younger than him!) he knows that he is not the 25 year old hunky guy! He spent most of the evening making up for his "slip" - I keep telling him 4 kids make a body change - he would still rather have my naked body next to him than a "10" fully clothed walking around!  Monkey Devil!

- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.