March 18, 2024, 09:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 285420 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: December 01, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »

Oh, MyMonkey!
He is adorable.
Pets for him!!
What is his name?

Thanks Tolerance..I will give him a pet for you

His full name is "Popper Corn"....I call him Poppie...he just turned 5yrs in Oct.
His name came from the fact he jumps up and down and my daughter said he looked like popcorn cooking even as a 1lb puppy he did that...now that he is a 4lb adult his just pops higher...

Popper's new avatars are ready Wink

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1401 on: December 01, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »

What a cute name 
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1402 on: December 01, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »

Thanks Brandi...that was fast

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #1403 on: December 01, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »

Just darling, Brandi.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1404 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »

Just darling, Brandi.

Cute pup!

Thanks.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1405 on: December 01, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »

How cute is that?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: December 01, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

When I get a request, I work on it right away.

Glad you like it!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1407 on: December 01, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »

I've been reading at Zahra's thread and it is so depressing. There's a report that she was raped by two men.  It isn't clear, but probably either Lisa or Adam Baker or both were pimping her out.  Little girls can bleed to death as a result of being raped.  That might have happened.

It happens in Muslim countries all the time.  In their view, Mohammed was the perfect man, a man to emulate.  He married a six-year-old girl, but didn't consumate the marriage until she was nine.  So kind. This was unusual even in the seventh century.  Old men still "Marry" little girls and rape them.  They often bleed to death.

It would be comforting if I believed as many of you do that Zahra is "In a better place."  I don't believe that.  I believe she should be here to live out her life as she had a right to do.  The lesson to be learned here is, IMO, not how she died, but the courage with which she lived her life. That is something to emulate. 

And we are supposed to be tolerant of the "Religion of Peace."
Babybear, though I do believe differently than you . . . of this we are of one heart . . . she was entitled to a life full of her ups and her already conquered downs.  Religion is the way we live out our spirituality IMO.  For reasons which still mystify me, we have become a society which does not require responsibility for actions.  The fall out from that, again IMO, is children like Zahra suffer the consequences. The larger question is not only "what have we learned" but "what will we as people, individually and corporately, do" with "what we have learned"?  To have knowledge but no action is fruitless and has dire consequences.  IMO
Sister--I do respect your belief and I know it is a great comfort to you.

In the case of Zahra, many, many people knew of her plight, including CPS and as far as we can tell, did nothing.  I have learned from her death that even a small child can have incredible courage.  Nothing I have ever faced was as bad as what she went through with her health problems and certainly not what is becoming obvious about her death. I'll think of her when I am faced with troubles and remember her smile and strength. I think her life and death made me a stronger person also in that I will never again hesitate when I suspect child abuse.

Some years ago I hesitated to call the police when I saw a little girl with a black eye.  I asked the mother what happened and she said an auto accident, although I didn't see a scratch on her.  I've thought of it often and wondered what really happened.  I know one thing though.  If I ever am faced with a situation like that again, I will call 911 and let them determine what happened.

We must protect children better than is being done.  I mean as a society.  We must demand that even suspected abuse be investigated by the proper agencies and that LE must investigate as first responder.  If a person can be sued for slander for reporting child abuse mistakenly, there should be laws to protect that person from civil suits if they had reasonable cause to report it.  I know that in many states physicians are protected from lawsuits for reporting suspected abuse because my husband suspected and reported child abuse a number of times when he treated suspicious fractures.  I don't know about lay people being immune from a slander lawsuit in such a case.   

Babybear, I wholeheartedly agree with what you have posted.  I have learned so much here at sm and I am applying it to my community and the children.  We have a responsibility to one another, particularly to all who who cannot speak or defend themselves . . . and even to many who can speak and defend themselves.  It hurt me very much to do so, but within the last 90 days I had to report a parent in re some inappropriate things happening within the household.  I labored over that decision, thinking maybe if "I" stepped in . . . but most of the time that is not the answer.  The "authorities" must be called in to make all determinations, course of actions, etc.  Not to have reported it would have meant any blood was on my hands.  Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts . . . it's how I learn to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1408 on: December 01, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

Trimm  Did you guys find the part for your heater?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: December 01, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »

Hey Greeneyes!  Yes,we got the part and so far so good.thanks for asking.
I just saw your post.I have been reading around and trying to look over the warrents in the Zahra case.I am just sick to my stomach for this poor child.I think it will still be worse yet...
Off to watch a movie.Have a grewat evening.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1410 on: December 01, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »

I just saw your post.I have been reading around and trying to look over the warrents in the Zahra case.I am just sick to my stomach for this poor child.I think it will still be worse yet...
Glad it is working Trimm.   I stopped reading the warrants, it makes a person want to vomit    Have a great evening.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »

Glad it is working Trimm.   I stopped reading the warrants, it makes a person want to vomit    Have a great evening.

What is driving me NUTS is all the people involved with Zahra (except Emily ) show no empathy for what Zahra went through, no tears and no anger just "people are being mean to me "and "I was working" and "didn't really kill her"etc. Total strangers are more affected by the horror of her life here and her death. May they all those involved rot in heII 

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1412 on: December 01, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

You have that right NRCG  Seeing in print what many of us thought just makes me sick. I know I shouldn't wish any dead. But I really want to see thses people die a horrible death. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1413 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:07 PM »

So glad to hear that. Was getting worried you would have to camp out in front of the fire place tonight. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1414 on: December 01, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »

What is driving me NUTS is all the people involved with Zahra (except Emily ) show no empathy for what Zahra went through, no tears and no anger just "people are being mean to me "and "I was working" and "didn't really kill her"etc. Total strangers are more affected by the horror of her life here and her death. May they all those involved rot in heII 

I know me too. They are SOB's all of them

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #1415 on: December 02, 2010, 01:25:52 AM »

Hubby had to leave early this am after relapsing with a fever overnight.        A load that needed to go and no one else available...so, off he goes, sick. He made it up the first MT, only to come upon a chains required...feeling sick, he sets his clock to sleep for and hour...

He was just dropping offf when DOT knocked on his door and tells him this was not a place to park and fool around...Him,"I am sick and was resting before chaining"  Office, "You will get out and chain now or I write you a ticket", Him,"Ok."

As he stepped out of truck, proceeded to toss his cookies onto officers shoes           Him, "I told you I was sick".
Officer and partner proceeded to turn around, get into their van, and leave.   

I was laughing  so hard I almost peed...poetic justice.     

I hope he is able to kick it. Shouldn't have too bad of weather the rest of the way to CA. He did add it made him feel a bit better ,      Monkey Devil!     more emotionally than physically!

Welcome back Mrs CC!     

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #1416 on: December 02, 2010, 06:05:58 AM »

Hubby had to leave early this am after relapsing with a fever overnight.        A load that needed to go and no one else available...so, off he goes, sick. He made it up the first MT, only to come upon a chains required...feeling sick, he sets his clock to sleep for and hour...

He was just dropping offf when DOT knocked on his door and tells him this was not a place to park and fool around...Him,"I am sick and was resting before chaining"  Office, "You will get out and chain now or I write you a ticket", Him,"Ok."

As he stepped out of truck, proceeded to toss his cookies onto officers shoes           Him, "I told you I was sick".

I hope he is able to kick it. Shouldn't have too bad of weather the rest of the way to CA. He did add it made him feel a bit better ,      Monkey Devil!     more emotionally than physically!

Welcome back Mrs CC!     

Oh, Lord, Nana,
The poor guy.
I have been feeling a bit "flu~ish" myself and can not imagine trying to chain 18 wheels......................
I bet DOT will step back next time someone tells them they are not feeling well.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1417 on: December 02, 2010, 08:29:11 AM »

Hi all

It's still below 32. The dogs (Beela & Jazz) are in their glory...they love it. Me not so much. Mac is still insisting he can hold it till spring. Monkey Devil! The new pup is getting more personality as she is getting good food on a regular basis  and a warm soft bed. Her favorite things are her bed and freedom with the other dogs in the backyard. She's out that back door like a greyhound out of the gate. The big guys are warn out trying to guard her. She is full speed under them between their legs and jumps at them. Tomorrow is her surgery and I'll know where we stand on health issues but even if I only have her for a year and a half like Furbs..she's worth it.     

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1418 on: December 02, 2010, 08:32:18 AM »

Welcome back Mrs CC!     

Oh, Lord, Nana,
The poor guy.
I have been feeling a bit "flu~ish" myself and can not imagine trying to chain 18 wheels......................
I bet DOT will step back next time someone tells them they are not feeling well.

pukel
 bigsmurf

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1419 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »

Hi all

It's still below 32. The dogs (Beela & Jazz) are in their glory...they love it. Me not so much. Mac is still insisting he can hold it till spring. Monkey Devil! The new pup is getting more personality as she is getting good food on a regular basis  and a warm soft bed. Her favorite things are her bed and freedom with the other dogs in the backyard. She's out that back door like a greyhound out of the gate. The big guys are warn out trying to guard her. She is full speed under them between their legs and jumps at them. Tomorrow is her surgery and I'll know where we stand on health issues but even if I only have her for a year and a half like Furbs..she's worth it.     

4donks...special prayers for her and you also....praying her surgery goes well

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.