March 18, 2024, 09:05:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 285421 times)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #1900 on: December 07, 2010, 07:08:07 PM »

Last night I picked up Josef and they told me he had the runs. Okay fine, take him outside and he has watery poop. 4 times of watery poop. Gave him his pill, still no better, though they said it was better today. Asked to talk to the vet, he asked the girl what they were feeding him and she said his regular plus puppy food  He was like PUPPY FOOD!! She said, yeah you told me if he wasn't eating to mix puppy food in with his regular. His face got so red and apologized saying it was ALL his fault Joe has belly problems. He was more worried about him not eating than thinking about his belly troubles. Now he is still worried about his weight and if he gets lower than 37 pounds we are going to have to do tests    So please keep a prayer for my baby tonight. Love and thanks JSM
Will do, I always do, but will add extras.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1901 on: December 07, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »

Bearly my thoughts and prayers, hope you start to feel better soon  an angelic monkey

Thank you, it is just so cold and is so dark at my better time of day.  I am trying to switch around a little.  It will take me a while, but I will do it.

an angelic monkey Hope it works Bearly.

With all of your support, how can it fail?

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey My prayers are with you Bearly. Just wish I could do more to help you.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »

...um, so who didn't take a shower today?

Guess who?  Why do you think those women were wearing all that perfume?

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1903 on: December 07, 2010, 07:11:44 PM »

BBL... see you monkeys tonight. Going to have supper with my  coaches but don't plan on being out very long. No later than 7:30 or I am out of there. Have a great evening.

Have a great time!

I am off to fee the neighbor's dog and then take the Cub out for all you can eat pizza!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1904 on: December 07, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

If a moderator is reading could you please go to the Missing Persons Forum and combine the 2 topics on Tanya Shannon?
I did not see that Muffy had started one and then I posted a new thread as well.  Thank you.

Done.

Thank you, dear.
I am sorry for the mistake.

There was no mistake.  I am very proud of you!

I believe in miracles!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1905 on: December 07, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »

Hi Monkeys--Really sad news I just heard.  Elizabeth Edwards died.  I didn't agree with her politics, but I admired her courage very much.  I think her husband is a rat and IMO that kind of stress can contribute to one's demise.

I have one heck of a problem on my hands.  After years of my sister-in-law telling me she had insurance for long term care, turns out she doesn't.  Just if she needs skilled nursing care which she does right now but probably won't for very long.  They want me to apply for medicaid for her, but they want me to disclose my assets which I won't do because, IMO, i'm not responsible for her.  I suspect they think I'll pay for her which I can't and won't. If not, they will send her back and I can't take care of her.  I have an appt. with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing, but not until Jan. 6.  I just hope they'll keep her until then.  I'm thinking of faking my own death and splittting, except I have Charlie.

No, I won't do that, but whatever.  The agency on aging will furnish a person to take care of her in my home, but only five days a week, which leaves the nights and weekends for me to take care of her.  So, I'm back in the same boat, not being able to travel or leave overnite or weekends. I'm too old to go through this.  She has taken my entire life away.  I no longer have a life.

I did everything right.  I got a doctor's orders to admit her to a nursing home, sent her records, etc.  Then she fell in my kitchen and wouldn't get up, although she could have, so I called an ambulance and sent her to the hospital with insurance cards and the doctor's orders.  I couldn't go because I had a terrible cold and I have to be careful about getting pneumonia, with part of one lung gone to cancer.  If I hadn't taken her in four years ago, she would have been homeless.  Now it seems if she lived here that long, it's her residence and I have to take her back.  What fine kettle of fish.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to be such a downer.  I have many people to talk to and they understand the problem, but I try not to show how upset I am about this.

Thanks for listening---or reading.

Hope everyone with sick hubbies, pain, etc. all feel better.
Oh Baby that is horrible. If she has NO assets of her own, she should be able to get Medicaid. I don't know how bad off she is, but she ready for hospice? If so, there should be no problem in getting hospice to come in, if she justs needs aides, I would find another attorney PDQ!! You are never a Debby Downer, I will keep you in my prayers.  an angelic monkey Not to be on the cold side, but send her packing and then she can get Medicaid free and clear.  JUST KIDDING

Thanks for responding, JSM.  I tried to send her packing, got her in a nursing home, but she's like one of those balls with a rubber band attached, she springs right back.  They are trying to tell me I'm responsible for her because I let her live in a small apartment attached to my house.  I never agreed to adopt her or be financially responsible for her.  She was homeless.  She has nothing other than SS.  No assets whatsoever.  She had two cars she couldn't pay for and I arranged to have them repossessed.  She has no home, no bank account, nada, zip, nothing.  They are trying to get me to apply for Medicaid for her, but I won't do it because if I do I have to reveal my financial position and I don't need Medicaid.  So I just won't do it.  Don't know what's going to happen next. The nursing home gave me the application yesterday and told me that it wouldn't make me financially responsible.  Today I read it, and oh yes it would.  I couldn't get an appointment with a lawyer who specializes in this type of thing until Jan. 6.  When I spoke to my lawyer who normally takes care of wills, etc. he said I needed someone who specialized in this.  He did say he had the same problem with his parents and he won. I've been very careful not to sign anything and won't. From now on, my motto is, "Never feel sorry for anyone."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1906 on: December 07, 2010, 07:22:40 PM »

...um, so who didn't take a shower today?

Guess who?  Why do you think those women were wearing all that perfume?

Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1907 on: December 07, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »

BBL... see you monkeys tonight. Going to have supper with my  coaches but don't plan on being out very long. No later than 7:30 or I am out of there. Have a great evening.

Have a great time!

I am off to fee the neighbor's dog and then take the Cub out for all you can eat pizza!

Have a great evening and let the Cub have all the pizza he wants. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1908 on: December 07, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »

Hi Monkeys--Really sad news I just heard.  Elizabeth Edwards died.  I didn't agree with her politics, but I admired her courage very much.  I think her husband is a rat and IMO that kind of stress can contribute to one's demise.

I have one heck of a problem on my hands.  After years of my sister-in-law telling me she had insurance for long term care, turns out she doesn't.  Just if she needs skilled nursing care which she does right now but probably won't for very long.  They want me to apply for medicaid for her, but they want me to disclose my assets which I won't do because, IMO, i'm not responsible for her.  I suspect they think I'll pay for her which I can't and won't. If not, they will send her back and I can't take care of her.  I have an appt. with a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing, but not until Jan. 6.  I just hope they'll keep her until then.  I'm thinking of faking my own death and splittting, except I have Charlie.

No, I won't do that, but whatever.  The agency on aging will furnish a person to take care of her in my home, but only five days a week, which leaves the nights and weekends for me to take care of her.  So, I'm back in the same boat, not being able to travel or leave overnite or weekends. I'm too old to go through this.  She has taken my entire life away.  I no longer have a life.

I did everything right.  I got a doctor's orders to admit her to a nursing home, sent her records, etc.  Then she fell in my kitchen and wouldn't get up, although she could have, so I called an ambulance and sent her to the hospital with insurance cards and the doctor's orders.  I couldn't go because I had a terrible cold and I have to be careful about getting pneumonia, with part of one lung gone to cancer.  If I hadn't taken her in four years ago, she would have been homeless.  Now it seems if she lived here that long, it's her residence and I have to take her back.  What fine kettle of fish.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to be such a downer.  I have many people to talk to and they understand the problem, but I try not to show how upset I am about this.

Oh Baby that is horrible. If she has NO assets of her own, she should be able to get Medicaid. I don't know how bad off she is, but she ready for hospice? If so, there should be no problem in getting hospice to come in, if she justs needs aides, I would find another attorney PDQ!! You are never a Debby Downer, I will keep you in my prayers.  an angelic monkey Not to be on the cold side, but send her packing and then she can get Medicaid free and clear.  JUST KIDDING

Thanks for responding, JSM.  I tried to send her packing, got her in a nursing home, but she's like one of those balls with a rubber band attached, she springs right back.  They are trying to tell me I'm responsible for her because I let her live in a small apartment attached to my house.  I never agreed to adopt her or be financially responsible for her.  She was homeless.  She has nothing other than SS.  No assets whatsoever.  She had two cars she couldn't pay for and I arranged to have them repossessed.  She has no home, no bank account, nada, zip, nothing.  They are trying to get me to apply for Medicaid for her, but I won't do it because if I do I have to reveal my financial position and I don't need Medicaid.  So I just won't do it.  Don't know what's going to happen next. The nursing home gave me the application yesterday and told me that it wouldn't make me financially responsible.  Today I read it, and oh yes it would.  I couldn't get an appointment with a lawyer who specializes in this type of thing until Jan. 6.  When I spoke to my lawyer who normally takes care of wills, etc. he said I needed someone who specialized in this.  He did say he had the same problem with his parents and he won. I've been very careful not to sign anything and won't. From now on, my motto is, "Never feel sorry for anyone."
Baby does she "own" the apartment, does she have any assets other than sponging off of you? My friend's grandmother put her house in the friend's name for this very reason. She "had" no assets. The kids paid the taxes and she got on Medicaid. But she still lived in the house. I think the nursing home is running a scam and I would call Medicaid first then talk to the attorney. I have to go off to dinner but will be right back either tonight or tomorrow when my friend is at work and we can talk this out. Have a good evening and don't let it stress you out. Prayers Baby.  an angelic monkey

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1909 on: December 07, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »

No, JSM, the apartment is actually quarters for a live in housekeeper--Ha.  Like I have one.  I just let her live there, rent free.  It has a kitchen but she always ate with me.  I am her only asset.  That's about it.  Her only asset is sponging off me.  I did it because I loved my brother, but this is too much. She couldn't find a suit to bury him in in that mess she lived in, so I went to Belks right before they closed on the night she told me and bought him one.

Have fun and your new hubby is very good-looking.  But you're a pretty girl, too, and you look great together.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: December 07, 2010, 07:54:30 PM »

No, JSM, the apartment is actually quarters for a live in housekeeper--Ha.  Like I have one.  I just let her live there, rent free.  It has a kitchen but she always ate with me.  I am her only asset.  That's about it.  Her only asset is sponging off me.  I did it because I loved my brother, but this is too much. She couldn't find a suit to bury him in in that mess she lived in, so I went to Belks right before they closed on the night she told me and bought him one.

Have fun and your new hubby is very good-looking.  But you're a pretty girl, too, and you look great together.
Babybear you are not her next of kin so I don't think they can make you responsible. I agree that you need to talk to medicaid and not the nursing home. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1911 on: December 07, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »

Tolerance you have seen all the other furkids but Beela so here she is in all her glory. She is the smallest of the big dogs at 120 lbs. She usually has a big floppy stuffed bunny in her mouth. ( she looks like a polar bear ) She's a Great Pyrenees

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1912 on: December 07, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »

Tolerance you have seen all the other furkids but Beela so here she is in all her glory. She is the smallest of the big dogs at 120 lbs. She usually has a big floppy stuffed bunny in her mouth. ( she looks like a polar bear ) She's a Great Pyrenees

Oh I want one!!  This is my next dog for sure....as cute as they are when they are little, I will be rescuing one.  So many people get these dogs and just cant handle them when they get so big.  How precious!!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1913 on: December 07, 2010, 08:35:05 PM »

Oh I want one!!  This is my next dog for sure....as cute as they are when they are little, I will be rescuing one.  So many people get these dogs and just cant handle them when they get so big.  How precious!!
The little 6 lb rescue had the mastiff, komondor and great pyr all hiding behind furniture today.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1914 on: December 07, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »

She is an adult and you should have no responsibility for disclosing your assets.  If the government does not like it then file an eviction action against her and let them take her. I am so angry that the government treats people like this. We pay the government salaries - they should have more respect for those of us that try to do the right thing.

Your idea of not signing anything is correct. Let her sign or let the hospital figure out how to do it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:46 PM »

Ah, dangit JSM, jumped in here a little too late, I'm so bad with names these days, but wish I could have had you tell your sweet coach HI from me, she was such a sweetie
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1916 on: December 07, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »

Here's a great story, it happened in my adopted county (I work for this county). I am so proud of our "boys and girls in brown"! I either see or talk to them daily, and for us, it really is all about truth, justice, the American way, and to protect and serve. Just thought I'd spread a little good cop news. (Oh, and the sheriff they interviewed is nice, but the undersheriff is an absolute hoot! He actually talks to me and jokes around!)

Rescuers Use Cell Towers to Find Lost Woman
Posted: 12/6/2010
A simple cell phone may have saved the life of an autistic woman lost in the woods this weekend.

The woman's father called Benze County 9-1-1 around 1:40 Sunday when she didn't return back from a walk.

Dispatchers determined she was somewhere in the swamp between Deadstream and Indian Hill Roads.

They used her cell phone signal to narrow down the search.

"She was very cold. She was a little bit teary," says Nicky Smith, the dispatcher who spoke with her while rescue crews went searching.

Once they got close, officers sounded their sirens to see if the woman could hear what direction they were coming from.

The woman was not dressed for the cold and snowy condition Sunday, so Smith tried her best to keep her warm.

"I asked her to march in place, move your arms, just to stay warm," she says.

Rescuers found the lost woman about two hours after they started searching. She was located about a quarter of a mile in a dense swamp.

She was treated and released for hypothermia.

"The cell phone was very important," says Sheriff Rory Heckman. "It definitely probably saved her life."

Heckman urges everyone who wants to explore the outdoors to be dressed appropriately for the weather, tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back, and always take a cell phone.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1917 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »

Baby, they won't release her until they are sure she can be cared for adequately. I know you have a bad back, rhuematoid arthuritis in your knees, and have panic attacks daily!! (just kidding, and certainly not making light of those ailments in others), so you cannot care for her.

Good luck with the lawyer. I'd offer advice, but as I get told daily, I am not a lawyer, and besides, I have decided I LOVE criminal law, and despise civil law (that's always just a pissing match, in my book).

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1918 on: December 07, 2010, 09:24:39 PM »

Ah, dangit JSM, jumped in here a little too late, I'm so bad with names these days, but wish I could have had you tell your sweet coach HI from me, she was such a sweetie

Babs she asked about you and Greeneyes!!! Said if you didn't live so far she would love to hang out with you guys!!!

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1919 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »

She is an adult and you should have no responsibility for disclosing your assets.  If the government does not like it then file an eviction action against her and let them take her. I am so angry that the government treats people like this. We pay the government salaries - they should have more respect for those of us that try to do the right thing.

Your idea of not signing anything is correct. Let her sign or let the hospital figure out how to do it.
For sure BB you definitly need to see an Attny specializing in Medicaid.  My situation involved my dad w/dementia, we had to spend what assets he had in bank before applying, I had gotten the forms and found them way to invasive into my & husbands assets.

His social worker at the home said she always recommends an attny when dealing with Medicaid to protect yourself.

He passed before I had to go that route, these days you just never know how they can drag you into a situation.....but agree.....DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.