March 18, 2024, 08:31:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 285410 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2520 on: December 11, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

For now passing thru...still no diagnosis...we have now gone thru a total of 9 different IV antibiotics,including more Vanco.
They ruled out MRSA . The  reason for the life flight was fear of Necrotizing Fasciitis. They got it stopped, whatever it was...Inget the impression they are a little baffled...cannot determine the cause, or exact diagnosis...I have heard the words,"random" and "atypical" and "weird"     

At this point...it's just simply a God thing and I am so grateful!     

Prayers still coming your way...Keep well yourself.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2521 on: December 11, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »

Monkeys I just off off the phone with my youngest son. He could use some Monkey prayers. He was laid off at work and his girl friend decided to call it quits. After he spent mega bucks on doggie boot camp because she said he needed to have him trained or else. I feel so bad for him. So he has to find someplace to move. Thank You all.
I'm thinking she's the one that needs the doggie boot camp. I will keep him in my prayers. an angelic monkey
ITA, glad he is rid of her. Prayers for the son. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2522 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »

Hi Cookie, and Tevye see you in the rafters. Hope no bad weather is coming your way.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2523 on: December 11, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »

Have a good evening monkeys, I am going to the bed. Sleep well and prayers for you all.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2524 on: December 11, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »

nite JSM!  sweet dreams!

GE...prayers for your son and you...so hard when our kids are going through pain.
Tolerance...are you hunkered down with the weather that we are getting???

loving my new house! it is sooooo nice and cozy....fireplace is going, hubs is measuring in the garage for his cabinets...lots to do ...lots to do!

Northern....glad to see you back!  missed you...

Hi to everyone else and goodnight ..

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2525 on: December 11, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »

Monkeys I just off off the phone with my youngest son. He could use some Monkey prayers. He was laid off at work and his girl friend decided to call it quits. After he spent mega bucks on doggie boot camp because she said he needed to have him trained or else. I feel so bad for him. So he has to find someplace to move. Thank You all.
Prayers are coming your son's way   an angelic monkey   My continued prayers for your husband Nana  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2526 on: December 11, 2010, 10:20:52 PM »

nite JSM!  sweet dreams!

GE...prayers for your son and you...so hard when our kids are going through pain.
Tolerance...are you hunkered down with the weather that we are getting???

loving my new house! it is sooooo nice and cozy....fireplace is going, hubs is measuring in the garage for his cabinets...lots to do ...lots to do!

Northern....glad to see you back!  missed you...

Hi to everyone else and goodnight ..
Glad you are liking your new house cookie  an angelic monkey
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #2527 on: December 11, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »

Going back to motel for the night.K is going to sleep. We hope to have good news from Docs in am about going home to finish recovery. i will be here in the am!   nite   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #2528 on: December 11, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »

I don't want my boys to worry, or my sister to nag (lovingly) so I am really trying.  Even though they don't NEED me, I have figured out that they need me to be okay.  So, I will be okay.  and the more I fake it ...
Tol, that's how I feel. I recognize the signs of depression (DH is clinicly depressed (for those of you who don't know me (you too, Tol) you'll see that I purposely don't bother to learn to spell medical crap right...I won't give it the dignity. Chemo does that to you). So, I know I am getting depressed, feel invisible, and would like to just fly off the earth. But, I won't (cos God won't just let me fly in...I understand there's this whole "die-ing" thing involved, and I've been working hard for the last year to avoid it). I would love to just live in my room, it's pretty in pink, DH has his room downstairs (snoring/mold issues for both of us, we still "get together, he he!). So I know what you mean about putting on appearances, to make people think you're ok, is to make them feel ok. And really, that is what it's all about, right? We're supposed to live our lives with as little inconvienence to others as possible, right? Do you get the dripping sarcasm here?

Anyway, there is a funny part to all this. I'm the oldest girl of 7 kids, 3rd oldest in line. I started babysitting my brothers and sisters when I was 9 or 10. My aunt mentioned this to my mother, and my mom denied it. Said she always had a "paid babysitter", that I was not the babysitter, and when I was left in charge, I did "a  hell of a job"....and not meaning it in a good way.  When she talks about us kids, she always has a nice story about everyone but me. She actually says "Well, I'll have to search my memory about that". As a kid, I always felt like I was invisible, but still the head worker. Like a paid employee, but never paid.

So, I was talking to my aunt tonight (she really loves me, which right pisses my mom off!) and we decided that I should take some old family photos and photoshop myself OUT of them! There will just be a blank spot where Tevye stood.

Or, DH and I will go to the family Christmas party, and I'll act all normal, but I'll refer to my mom as "Mrs. Smith". DH will tell all my brothers and sisters (within mom's hearing) that I'm some brain cancer patient who really thinks she's part of this family, even has all these "memories" of this family which I must have hallucinated (because my mom doesn't remember any of them, barely remembers me!) and ask them to just play along and be nice to the cancer patient.

Acting, it's all about the acting!!!! (and no, I won't do ALL of the above, because I'm sure deep down in her tiny little heart, she can find one good thing to say about me, and it would be mean and sometimes paybacks are just not worth the pain and I'm not THAT mean...) but it sure does make me laugh to think about it! Just think....17 years of "Family in Front of Christmas Tree" with just a white circle where my face would be! Or maybe just the smiley guy!!!

So, Tol, props to you for stepping out. It will help you, and gradually, you'll be more "socially engaged". And eventually it won't feel like a chore, you'll look forward to the company. I'm hoping to find out that although my kids don't need me anymore (OIY! That's a 3 page post in itself!) there are others who do.

A shell is a lonely place to be. It's nice to visit it every now and then, but even I know we shouldn't live in one. You're doin' great!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2529 on: December 11, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »

For now passing thru...still no diagnosis...we have now gone thru a total of 9 different IV antibiotics,including more Vanco.
They ruled out MRSA . The  reason for the life flight was fear of Necrotizing Fasciitis. They got it stopped, whatever it was...Inget the impression they are a little baffled...cannot determine the cause, or exact diagnosis...I have heard the words,"random" and "atypical" and "weird"     

At this point...it's just simply a God thing and I am so grateful!     
Nana, I'm so happy to hear that things are getting under control. It's too bad they can't find the actual cause (I'm liking the spider bit one, but I'm sure they've run a tox screen to rule that out...but it would be simpler, no?) but wonderful they can treat the symptons. Take a few and have a good silly time with your sis! continued prayers

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2530 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »

GE, who is this girl? I need her address, my boots are just itching to kick some non-family azz (well, really, they wanna kick family, but we don't allow that).

Hope he finds work and a new place soon...and for your sake, I hope he can do it on his own!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2531 on: December 11, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »

Hi Cookie, and Tevye see you in the rafters. Hope no bad weather is coming your way.  an angelic monkey
JSM! Howdy!

We've supposedly got about 12-18" heading our way...I'm thinking no church tomorrow, and maybe even a snow day from work on Monday! But, then the trial I finally get to assist at (and writted the hell out of local jails for) would be delayed, and that would not be fun. There's a reason they call our court the "rocket docket"!

I"m stocked with diet coke and the few ciggies I still smoke (I am doing really good at cutting down...for most of the day. nights are hard) so I'm all set. I can watch Mass on TV and maybe put up more than just the Christmas tree for decorations. No $$ left from last week's paycheck, so don't have to worry about doing any Christmas shopping. Whew! Not a good financial feeling, but a great relief to be able to say "all right, that's all I'm doing".

I still love seeing that pic of you and CC on the beach! Klaas gave us a great Christmas present, didn't she? an angelic monkey

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2532 on: December 11, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »

Yesterday was a day of blessings. Nana - I am so happy hubs is doing better. Amazing the power of God to heal!

Brandi - I know exactly what you are saying. Blessings are the small things as well as the big ones - the key is learning to enjoy the small ones!

We are getting ready for a big storm here in Michigan - they are already saying schools may be closed on Monday!  EEK! Mom is not sure about this. Thinking I may be able to minimize it a bit by getting gas for the snow blower - seems if I am ready the storms miss us!! (Do we have a crossed finger monkey??)   
Crossing my fingers the storm passes you TBM.  an angelic monkey

They just upped it to a winter storm warning. I have lots of diet coke and ice cream - ready to be snowed in!!   Monkey Devil!

I'm ready to be snowed in too...just hope they get the streets clear before I have to venture out in it Monday morning for work.  Weather man says we are getting 3-5 inches so that means we will probably only get a light dusting    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2533 on: December 11, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »

Yesterday was a day of blessings. Nana - I am so happy hubs is doing better. Amazing the power of God to heal!

Brandi - I know exactly what you are saying. Blessings are the small things as well as the big ones - the key is learning to enjoy the small ones!

We are getting ready for a big storm here in Michigan - they are already saying schools may be closed on Monday!  EEK! Mom is not sure about this. Thinking I may be able to minimize it a bit by getting gas for the snow blower - seems if I am ready the storms miss us!! (Do we have a crossed finger monkey??)   

They just upped it to a winter storm warning. I have lots of diet coke and ice cream - ready to be snowed in!!   Monkey Devil!

I'm ready to be snowed in too...just hope they get the streets clear before I have to venture out in it Monday morning for work.  Weather man says we are getting 3-5 inches so that means we will probably only get a light dusting    
We got upgraded to a blizzard warning, 1-2" an HOUR through tomorrow night. Woo hoo, we usually get lots of snow, but hardly ever get a blizzard warning! Kerosene lamps, heaters and smokes at the ready! to heck with the trial, we'll just re-schedule. (feels like I'm in grade school, praying for a snow day! It's a GOOD thing!)

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2534 on: December 11, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »

We got upgraded to a blizzard warning, 1-2" an HOUR through tomorrow night. Woo hoo, we usually get lots of snow, but hardly ever get a blizzard warning! Kerosene lamps, heaters and smokes at the ready! to heck with the trial, we'll just re-schedule. (feels like I'm in grade school, praying for a snow day! It's a GOOD thing!)
Tevye we are having rain turning to snow and then ice conditions. Here we don't have plows or sanding the roads..stay home till it melts. Only major highways and interstates are kept semi clear.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2535 on: December 12, 2010, 12:18:51 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers. 

Tevye I would love to see her get her butt kicked. He is going to go live with one of his cousins right now. And then decide what he wants to do. Since he lives in Southern Calif and construction has pretty much stopped & there isn't much work. He is thinking of moving to Colorado or here. Of course I would love for him to move here. But I want him to be happy so if he decides on Colorado I will be happy for him.

Thanks again  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2536 on: December 12, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »

Nana - My friend's husband had a similar "attack" to his body.  It started with a small red mark on his leg, which the Drs. suspected was a spider bite, but found nothing in any of the tests.  His condition went on for weeks, though his small mark disappeared his health continued to wane.  Symptoms seemed to differ from day to day until he finally collapsed, by the time he got to the hospital his vitals were at the point that the Drs. shrugged their shoulders and said, there is nothing more we can do. 

Told his wife to come in and be with him as he declined.  Luck another Dr. came on duty, and was looking over his charts and she picked up on something ordered more tests immediately put him on the strongest IV antibiotic the pharmacist could put together.  Was touch and go for several days but after 2 weeks in ICU they got him stabilized and he was able to come home........but only with a PIC line and continuous 24 hour IV antibiotics for 6 weeks.....

My point being, it was a Staph Infection, most likely a spider bite, infection went to his heart, but Dr. said it didn't matter where it manifested, the continuous IV was absolutely mandatory for at least 2 months.

Why I wrote this I just wanted to share what I learned from my friends illness. Prayers hubs is doing better.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2537 on: December 12, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »

Hi Green Eyes. How's the weather ?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2538 on: December 12, 2010, 01:56:27 AM »

Hi Green Eyes. How's the weather ?

4Donks  I can't complain. It's been in the 50's during the day and in the 30's at night. Tonight we are going down to the low 20's and high 30's for day time. With lots of wind. But no rain, ice or snow. Much to grand kids dismay.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2539 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »

did you wear your jammies inside out? My kids swear by that one!

We have just a winter storm warning. We only have 1/2 inch or so right now  but it is snowing like the devil out! We can have a snow day together!  Wait, I am a stay at home mom - snow days are NOT as much fun as they were when I was in school . . .  Monkey Devil!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.