April 23, 2024, 12:36:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 287955 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #580 on: November 14, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »

Happy Sunday to everyone! cold here today...

wish it was hot and sunny out..but alas, have to put up with this weather if I want to live near my grand kids here in Illinois...
Cookie, you may be able to answer this question, since you also are a grandmother.

You seem to spend a lot of time with your grands, lucky lucky you!

Now, for my question/ethical dilemma - I live about 20 miles from all my grands. BUT the only time I see them is when I call the 'rents and go pick up and drop off the kids, or if Mom and Dad need a sitter. No one ever just calls and says "Hey, we're going into town for the day, want us to drop off the kids?"

While I was sick, I understood and was grateful that they let me do the timing. Now, however, outside of my darn job (that I still love!) I'm good to go. Quite frankly, my feelings are hurt that the 'rents don't make the grands available to me. (Oh, and then the 'rents have the nerve to rant on me about not spending enough time with the kids! It's like if I want to see them, all the driving has to be by me) and I feel my nose getting out of joint. Any suggestions? Oh, the grands are 2,6 &7, the oldest two in school full time. I'd love to have an overnight on the weekends, but they have activities and church and such, and I just don't want to get up on Sunday, change my Mass schedule so I can drive 40 miles to get one home in time for his church.

Man, do I sound selfish or what????? Is that what cancer leaves me with, a big case of whine? Oh CARP!
Tevye you don't sound selfish at all. I understand how your feelings can be hurt, especially if the parents are giving you a guilt trip about not spending enough time with the kids. Can't the grandchild go to Mass with you on Sunday? Or are they not Catholic? Will grandchild be missing a CCD class? I don't think they take attendance if that is the case. Heaven knows how many Confirmation classes I missed and was still confirmed at Easter Vigil.  Monkey Devil!

Lord knows don't take any family advice from me, I am always pissing my family off because of having to be with Josef or my Mass schedule doesn't fall in line with their church schedule on Sunday.

Anyways, will pray for you about this dilemma.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: November 14, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

an angelic monkey CC, just told me to tell all the monkeys he appreciate their best wishes for our wedding!!!! 
Please tell him that we miss him and his artwork terribly! Can't he be grandfathered back in? Ya know, Monkey-Spouses are allowed? I really miss stealing and defacing his artwork!!
  I will tell him, but he probably saw this post before I even had a chance to read it. His artwork is specatular.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

JSM  Oh, your special day is fast approaching.  I'm so exited for you!
When I got married I reminded myself to enjoy my wedding day and take it all in.  I'm afraid much of it was a blur 
I got married on a beautiful island - in the church -   We shared our following days with them. and left on our honeymoon when they returned to Canada.  They stayed in my apt. and visited us often in our "bridal suite" in a local hotel.  My groom spent days taking family members sight seeing and my Gramps and brother fishing! 
All memory building though.

May your day and your and cc's memories of it, be very special.   

- glad your ring arrived.

Morning Can, you wedding sounds lovely. We are spending most of our time with his family, then mine for Thanksgiving. I hope to take it all in that day. I have a feeling it will be a blur as well because I get nervous in front of people I don't know.

Thanks for the well wishes  an angelic monkey Makes me very happy to have all the monkeys wishing me a beautiful wedding and happy life.

Sorry JSM, didn't mean for it to sound about my wedding - it was after  all, a gazillion years ago   We both lived on the island at the time and decided to marry there and a few members of my family made the trip down.
A roundabout way to make the point - since you've been feeling so stressed -  to try and take it all in and enjoy it.   

Can I loved hearing about your wedding. Sounds like it was beautiful. Once the day finally arrives and it is over, my stess level will return to zero. 

- looking forward to hearing all about it.
  THank you Can. Means a lot to me. Most of the week will consist of GOLF!!!! YAY!!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: November 14, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »

Still concerned about Tolerance. Anybody heard anything.

Name:    Tolerance
Position:    Scared Monkey
Date Registered:    June 13, 2010, 09:19:06 AM
Last Active:    November 14, 2010, 08:40:06 AM
("Active" means logged on)
Last Post:  October 29th.  
    an angelic monkey Thank you Muffy.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #584 on: November 14, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »

wish it was hot and sunny out..but alas, have to put up with this weather if I want to live near my grand kids here in Illinois...
Cookie, you may be able to answer this question, since you also are a grandmother.

Now, for my question/ethical dilemma - I live about 20 miles from all my grands. BUT the only time I see them is when I call the 'rents and go pick up and drop off the kids, or if Mom and Dad need a sitter. No one ever just calls and says "Hey, we're going into town for the day, want us to drop off the kids?"

While I was sick, I understood and was grateful that they let me do the timing. Now, however, outside of my darn job (that I still love!) I'm good to go. Quite frankly, my feelings are hurt that the 'rents don't make the grands available to me. (Oh, and then the 'rents have the nerve to rant on me about not spending enough time with the kids! It's like if I want to see them, all the driving has to be by me) and I feel my nose getting out of joint. Any suggestions? Oh, the grands are 2,6 &7, the oldest two in school full time. I'd love to have an overnight on the weekends, but they have activities and church and such, and I just don't want to get up on Sunday, change my Mass schedule so I can drive 40 miles to get one home in time for his church.

Man, do I sound selfish or what????? Is that what cancer leaves me with, a big case of whine? Oh CARP!

Tevye you don't sound selfish at all. Question for you is this your daughter or son? With our daughter I would just call like cookie said. An ask for the grandbabies. We took turns bringing and picking up. Now son and grand kids is a different story.  I was allowed once to have then spend the night with us. They wanted to go to a concert and her mom was out of town. We would see them at birthdays and holidays but other than that nope nothing.

I would call them and ask if you could have them. They still might be thinking you are not up to pare to handle them yet. Kids can have some crazy ideas at times.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: November 14, 2010, 11:03:45 PM »

Still concerned about Tolerance. Anybody heard anything.

Last Active:    November 14, 2010, 08:40:06 AM
("Active" means logged on)
Last Post:  October 29th.  
    an angelic monkey Thank you Muffy.

Here is her last post on 10//29....sounds like she has alot going on

Missing, Exploited and True Crime / Missing Found Deceased / Re: Toni Keller from Dekalb, IL, missing from NIU  on: October 29, 2010, 05:30:06 PM 

Thank you, everyone.
I have really missed being able to research and post.
My life should return to normal next Tues.
I am so grateful to see that Toni is not forgotten at SM.
Blessings.
Tol

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #586 on: November 15, 2010, 01:48:21 AM »

Hey 4Donks I saw Tolerance in the rafters of the Zahra thread about 8/9 Texas time tonight. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #587 on: November 15, 2010, 06:54:27 AM »

Not selfish at all. I think what has probably happened is that they have gotten accustomed to not bothering you. Perhaps they are indeed still worried that you have too much on your plate. I would call them and let them know what you are thinking (well, perhaps not the big case of whine part!) and see what they say. I know that I do not send my kids to my mom who lives a couple of miles away because I know with my two nieces that she is helping raise, she has her hands full. Perhaps I should give that some thought!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 
JSM,it won't be long now!   
True story.....I remember my second marriage ceremony to the musician.We ran off to Tennessee,and got married on a Saturday.Temple's Feed Mill was the name of the place,I kid you not. 
Said our vows right in from of a display of corn and such.   
We got a free steak and lobster dinner out of that.Coolest weekend I ever had.    (I stole the lobster forks)

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #589 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 
True story.....I remember my second marriage ceremony to the musician.We ran off to Tennessee,and got married on a Saturday.Temple's Feed Mill was the name of the place,I kid you not. 
We got a free steak and lobster dinner out of that.Coolest weekend I ever had.    (I stole the lobster forks)

Trimm that started my day off with a good laugh. 

Morning Monkeys

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »

Hey 4Donks I saw Tolerance in the rafters of the Zahra thread about 8/9 Texas time tonight. 
Thanks Green Eyes. Glad she is around, hope everything is OK with her family.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #591 on: November 15, 2010, 09:40:53 AM »

Me too!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #592 on: November 15, 2010, 09:49:46 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! 
  I love it
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: November 15, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »

Last Active:    November 15, 2010, 09:13:22 AM  (Logged in)

No new posts since what I've posted previously Oct. 30, 2010.
  She may be busy or have other reasons for not posting, but she has logged in.  MuffyBee

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #594 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »

She may be busy or have other reasons for not posting, but she has logged in.  MuffyBee

Thanks Muffy. I hope am hoping she is okay.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: November 15, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »

" The Bee " rules.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #596 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »

When I heard through the vine that you and CC were getting married, I just had to come see for myself....Congratulations to both of you !!
Should I order Pizza ?

is it too late to talk you out of it CC ?
just kidding JSM

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: November 15, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »

Hey Sea!
Thought about you this morning....I really did eat a pop tart...raspberry.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: November 15, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »

When I heard through the vine that you and CC were getting married, I just had to come see for myself....Congratulations to both of you !!
Should I order Pizza ?

is it too late to talk you out of it CC ?
just kidding JSM

Hi Sea... CC told me to tell you thank you on the congrats and I thank you as well. Hope you are doing fine. Good to sea you.   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: November 15, 2010, 12:24:55 PM »

BBL.... gotta go deal with a grumpy doctor.

morning/afternoon monkeys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.