March 28, 2024, 08:13:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 285974 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:30 AM »

Well, Rascal got stitches in his ear and an ear infection from...a dog bite. Hubbys Boston (we guess, we were not home) got a little too rambunctious playing(we hope he was playing, never happened before) and , dang. I feel so bad that he got hurt while visiting. It still amazes me that a 35 pound dog could do that to a 60 lb one...must be 'cuz he is old. So, we (that means me) have a weeks worth of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory that are supposed to be chewable and "tasty"    .    Also ear drops once a day for a week and once a week for 3 more weeks after...think I will be investing in a muzzle for ear drop time, he got a bit cranky with the vet assistant today...oops. Poor guy was hurting. Better a short muzzle time  than him bite me while I administer drops. He is already feeling better, following the boys around wanting to play!   

I made a deal with my sis(who is 5 hours away) that I will try not to feel bad it happened while he is visiting, she won't stress that I have to "deal" with it!   She has enough on her plate right now, she don't need more "stuff", that is why he is here. Oh, well.

Boyzmom, so sorry about your sil. My prayers are with you all.

JSM, so glad your head is not worse. Don't worry about the bruise for the wedding...just remember , casual, right? You could always go with the flow and accent with other makes up?  Probably not funny, huh? When I was married 30 years ago(May 1980), our pracher showed up an hour late with 2 shiners...       he had just come from the ER after a motorcycle wreck! We laugh about it now. In fact, I think we laughed then too.     Monkey Devil!   My point being, I guess, is  Whatever happens, it will be wonderful memories.

I am glad to hear Rascal is feeling better.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2010, 03:03:18 AM »

Here we come, theboyzmom!

Ready to land!

I hope I'm in there.  Just because life has been hectic, I hope you have not forgotten me!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:00 AM »

I am so sorry about the illnesses you are having with your families, you continue to be in my prayers.

JSM, are your feet still on the ground?  I am sorry about your head.  Hold still, woman, it is only a short time away.

I am sorry to hear about Furby and JSM is right, he will have Paul to keep him company

JSM, wth is my email address?  Thanks!

Hi Ban Clan!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2010, 06:40:08 AM »

Well, Rascal got stitches in his ear and an ear infection from...a dog bite. Hubbys Boston (we guess, we were not home) got a little too rambunctious playing(we hope he was playing, never happened before) and , dang. I feel so bad that he got hurt while visiting. It still amazes me that a 35 pound dog could do that to a 60 lb one...must be 'cuz he is old. So, we (that means me) have a weeks worth of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory that are supposed to be chewable and "tasty"    .    Also ear drops once a day for a week and once a week for 3 more weeks after...think I will be investing in a muzzle for ear drop time, he got a bit cranky with the vet assistant today...oops. Poor guy was hurting. Better a short muzzle time  than him bite me while I administer drops. He is already feeling better, following the boys around wanting to play!   

I made a deal with my sis(who is 5 hours away) that I will try not to feel bad it happened while he is visiting, she won't stress that I have to "deal" with it!   She has enough on her plate right now, she don't need more "stuff", that is why he is here. Oh, well.

JSM, so glad your head is not worse. Don't worry about the bruise for the wedding...just remember , casual, right? You could always go with the flow and accent with other makes up?  Probably not funny, huh? When I was married 30 years ago(May 1980), our pracher showed up an hour late with 2 shiners...       he had just come from the ER after a motorcycle wreck! We laugh about it now. In fact, I think we laughed then too.     Monkey Devil!   My point being, I guess, is  Whatever happens, it will be wonderful memories.

I am so sorry about the injuries - It is a amazing to me that dogs never seems to know their own size!

As for the weddng story - LOL. When my parents got married, my dad was in sun glasses. Two days before he was working construction. They were digging a foundation and went to light a torch to weld - the gas had settled to the bottom of the hole and exploded. Luckily he had no long term damage but the wedding pictures make my mom look like she was marring one of the Blues Brothers. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

Hope every body has a good Friday. 

I spent yesterday at doctors and hospital with hubs. He was hospitalized yesterday afternoon with pneumonia. Doctor told him he would be there three or four days. So they can treat it aggressively with antibiotics. When I left last night he was already doing better.

Why are men so stubborn? At least he is when it comes to going to the doctor.  So it looks like I will be at the hospital for the next couple days. The good news is  everything else is fine. Youngest son will be here Sat. for a week. Boy do I have a list for him when he gets here

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #765 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:43 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

I spent yesterday at doctors and hospital with hubs. He was hospitalized yesterday afternoon with pneumonia. Doctor told him he would be there three or four days. So they can treat it aggressively with antibiotics. When I left last night he was already doing better.

Why are men so stubborn? At least he is when it comes to going to the doctor.  So it looks like I will be at the hospital for the next couple days. The good news is  everything else is fine. Youngest son will be here Sat. for a week. Boy do I have a list for him when he gets here

I am so sorry your hubs is sick. Men are so stubborn. I have no idea why. Glad that son is coming in to help you out.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #766 on: November 19, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

I am so sorry your hubs is sick. Men are so stubborn. I have no idea why. Glad that son is coming in to help you out.

Thanks TBM  I am thrilled son will be here. I have no idea why they are so stubborn.  Hope you and the family are doing well. Prayers to the family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: November 19, 2010, 08:00:03 AM »

GreenEyes...glad that hubs is on the mend..I do agree that men are very stubborn when it comes to their health issues! at least mine is..

Brandi...love the artwork! how in the world do you do what you do??? you are amazing!

Nana..glad that Rascal is doing ok..I bet the dogs were playing..our smaller dog always jumped up to nip the bigger dogs ears when they were playing...that skin there is very thin and with their sharp little teeth, I can see how that injury could occur..

Bearlyhere...good to see ya!

JSM...hope to be able to chat with you on Saturday...

Trimmy, Rosie, Tolerance, 4Donks, Boyzmom and everyone else who will be on here today...
Hey, where has Mission been lately? or have I just missed her...? I have been in and out trying to catch up on all the news here...has been a very busy week for me...

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: November 19, 2010, 08:11:04 AM »

Theboyzmom I want you to know that I walked around here yesterday thinking about your coney dogs and we have nothing like that in this part of the world so please open a second place here in Alabama and I promise to eat all my meals there.

Green Eyes sorry about hub's hospitalization.

Nana Mac had to have ear drops 2x a day for 6 mos. When the vet or vet techs tried he would drag the all over the exam room trying to get away. At home if he co-operated he got a special treat BRIBERY WORKS. Good luck

Can
Hope to see you more often.

Brandi,JSM,Tol,Trimm and all others enjoy your day.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #769 on: November 19, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »

I'm in also, as soon as I saw fried mozzarella sticks you had me 

I found a desk over at the shop,and hubby brought it over.i am gonna redo it for my sewing desk.
This will save me some bucks.I will take that money to help do some work upstairs.  I have my 12x18 closet which I am cleaning out this evening.Little paint job and then I will fancy up a little octagon window we put in,and put up some shelves and whatever I can come up with.You would have to be sedated if you saw this mess.  Monkey Devil!
Trimm,
How is the project going?  I would not need a seditive................I love to start w/ clutter and create order................that is something I am really good at and enjoy.  Wish I could run over to help.  I bet it will be wonderful when you finish.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: November 19, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »

Brandi,I love it! 

Hope your day is going well.

And Taco's and Digger's as well. LOL

Yes,they are chilling for a few minutes.We are taking a snack break.

Speaking of chilling ... I got up to fix a meatloaf for dinner, got into the kitchen, and decided to fix hamburgers instead. Later.

Talk about lazy! LOL

Monkey Devil!

That's not lazy, Brandi, just really good use of your time!  I love burgers.  ..........of course I love meatloaf, too.  Guess I am a foodie.  I miss cooking for a family.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: November 19, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »

What a wonderful sister you are, Nana.  Glad there was no other injury.   When I rescued PJ he had (among the other ailments) a horrible ear infection.  I still use the drops once a month.   I think my method of administering them may be hard for you since your patient is so much larger but I made it a very relaxing time for him.  I calmed myself down. Sat on the K floor and called him.  He got belly rubs and sweet talk.  Then when he rolled over for yet another belly rub I rubbed him w/ the bottle of drops.  He got used to it being there.  I slowly worked up to putting the drops in his ear then gave that part of him a long slow massage.   It took a lot of patience but to this day when he sees the bottle he runs over and flops on his back........................
Of course, Shih Tzu's are not noted for high intellegence......................................LOL.
He is a tummy rub addict.
Best of luck to you and sister.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: November 19, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »

Here we come, theboyzmom!

Ready to land!

I hope I'm in there.  Just because life has been hectic, I hope you have not forgotten me!

Never forgotten , Bearly.
Monkey hugs for you.  You are though of daily.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: November 19, 2010, 08:42:55 AM »

I am so sorry about the injuries - It is a amazing to me that dogs never seems to know their own size!

As for the weddng story - LOL. When my parents got married, my dad was in sun glasses. Two days before he was working construction. They were digging a foundation and went to light a torch to weld - the gas had settled to the bottom of the hole and exploded. Luckily he had no long term damage but the wedding pictures make my mom look like she was marring one of the Blues Brothers. 

'Blessed Mother of acceleration, don't fail me now'.  My favorite line from Blues Brothers.   I think sunglasses would make the groom look mysterious and exciting.  Cool.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: November 19, 2010, 08:44:14 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

Hello, Green Eyes, (my happy memory jogger)
so sorry hubby is in the hospital but wonderful that YS is coming.
What a blessing.
Extra prayer for you and family today.
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »

GreenEyes...glad that hubs is on the mend..I do agree that men are very stubborn when it comes to their health issues! at least mine is..

Brandi...love the artwork! how in the world do you do what you do??? you are amazing!

Nana..glad that Rascal is doing ok..I bet the dogs were playing..our smaller dog always jumped up to nip the bigger dogs ears when they were playing...that skin there is very thin and with their sharp little teeth, I can see how that injury could occur..

Bearlyhere...good to see ya!

JSM...hope to be able to chat with you on Saturday...

Trimmy, Rosie, Tolerance, 4Donks, Boyzmom and everyone else who will be on here today...
Hey, where has Mission been lately? or have I just missed her...? I have been in and out trying to catch up on all the news here...has been a very busy week for me...

Hi, Cookie!!
So glad that your hubby is feeling better and for his clean bill of health.  What a blessing!  Bet you are busy with the wonderful grandchildren and new home.  That is a really great kind of busy!
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: November 19, 2010, 08:50:38 AM »

Theboyzmom I want you to know that I walked around here yesterday thinking about your coney dogs and we have nothing like that in this part of the world so please open a second place here in Alabama and I promise to eat all my meals there.

Green Eyes sorry about hub's hospitalization.

Nana Mac had to have ear drops 2x a day for 6 mos. When the vet or vet techs tried he would drag the all over the exam room trying to get away. At home if he co-operated he got a special treat BRIBERY WORKS. Good luck

Can
Hope to see you more often.

Brandi,JSM,Tol,Trimm and all others enjoy your day.

Good morning, 4Donks!
I still am enjoying the visual of you walking your donkeys in the pasture.  How is it going w/ the sweet feed?   
When I had horses (long, long, long ago) I once got a very popular (at the time) apple pectin perm.   You should have seen me trying to get them out of stalls so I could muck!!  They all were licking my hair....................It was hysterical.  What wonderful gifts God has given us in His animals!!!
You have inspired me.  I have been off ciggies for 11 days now.   Still a minute to minute decision for me vs. easy peasy.............but I think about you and keep deciding to be a non smoker.       Upload any extra strength and resolve, please and thank you.
Hugs
Tol
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: November 19, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »

Good morning,
No rose Colored Glasses and Northern Rose and JSM and each that follows.
Hugs.
Tol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #778 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:37 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

an angelic monkey I'm so glad he is already feeling better. You take care yourself so you don't get sick, and that is wonderful your son is coming. My prayers are with you.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #779 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »

Good morning,
No rose Colored Glasses and Northern Rose and JSM and each that follows.
Hugs.
Tol
Good morning everyone.  Hope everyone's day is going well.   So glad little Rascal is doing better   an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.