March 28, 2024, 08:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #22 11/3/10 - 12/13/10  (Read 286086 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:16 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

Hope every body has a good Friday. 

I spent yesterday at doctors and hospital with hubs. He was hospitalized yesterday afternoon with pneumonia. Doctor told him he would be there three or four days. So they can treat it aggressively with antibiotics. When I left last night he was already doing better.

Why are men so stubborn? At least he is when it comes to going to the doctor.  So it looks like I will be at the hospital for the next couple days. The good news is  everything else is fine. Youngest son will be here Sat. for a week. Boy do I have a list for him when he gets here

GreenEyes,bless your heart.I bet you your nerves are shot.
Hope Hubby makes a very speedy recovery.
Great news that your soon will be arriving.Work that list!   
If your list is as long as mine......he will be very busy.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »

Nana,hope your furbaby is feeling better this morning.

I am off to check the Natalee thread,and back into my closet I go.I never knew I had so much stuff in there.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: November 19, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »

Good Friday Monkeys!

Greeneyes, hope your husband will recover quickly.
Enjoy your son.

4 Donks -  and thank you!   an angelic monkey

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #783 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »

Note to Deenie:
I miss your posts and your soothing music.
Please know I think about you everyday and I miss you.
Hugs
Tol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #784 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
an angelic monkey  She knows                  We have ten traps, two electronic pest devices, and Mr Mouse was so loud in our garage this morning we thought he was chewing our car    If and when he is caught, he will be taken to a taxidermist and stuffed and put on our mantel 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #785 on: November 19, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
an angelic monkey  She knows                  We have ten traps, two electronic pest devices, and Mr Mouse was so loud in our garage this morning we thought he was chewing our car    If and when he is caught, he will be taken to a taxidermist and stuffed and put on our mantel 
thank you, NRCG!
and as to your mighty mouse...................wow!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: November 19, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!
I'm really just kidding but geez, I almost feel like keeping him for a trophy    He is so smart I don't know what to say, there is swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, peanut butter, sunflower seeds in the traps 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #787 on: November 19, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!
I'm really just kidding but geez, I almost feel like keeping him for a trophy    He is so smart I don't know what to say, there is swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, peanut butter, sunflower seeds in the traps 

Just a thought NRCG...maybe it's time to pull out the big guns...GUILT!   hehehe      Monkey Devil!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: November 19, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

That didn't even work. I swear this morning I thought it was a bigger creature in the garage, but as soon as my husband left for work, there he was, that little field mouse the size of a peanut 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: November 19, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »

That didn't even work. I swear this morning I thought it was a bigger creature in the garage, but as soon as my husband left for work, there he was, that little field mouse the size of a peanut 

I think I better go to work before I get myself in trouble responding to the bolded part and men...    Monkey Devil!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: November 19, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »

I think I better go to work before I get myself in trouble responding to the bolded part and men...    Monkey Devil!
  It wouldn't insult me   
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: November 19, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »

Theboyzmom I want you to know that I walked around here yesterday thinking about your coney dogs and we have nothing like that in this part of the world so please open a second place here in Alabama and I promise to eat all my meals there.

Green Eyes sorry about hub's hospitalization.

Nana Mac had to have ear drops 2x a day for 6 mos. When the vet or vet techs tried he would drag the all over the exam room trying to get away. At home if he co-operated he got a special treat BRIBERY WORKS. Good luck

Can
Hope to see you more often.

Brandi,JSM,Tol,Trimm and all others enjoy your day.

Good morning, 4Donks!
I still am enjoying the visual of you walking your donkeys in the pasture.  How is it going w/ the sweet feed?   
When I had horses (long, long, long ago) I once got a very popular (at the time) apple pectin perm.   You should have seen me trying to get them out of stalls so I could muck!!  They all were licking my hair....................It was hysterical.  What wonderful gifts God has given us in His animals!!!
You have inspired me.  I have been off ciggies for 11 days now.   Still a minute to minute decision for me vs. easy peasy.............but I think about you and keep deciding to be a non smoker.       Upload any extra strength and resolve, please and thank you.
Hugs
Tol
Good for you. You should be proud of that 11 days As you know the reason I gave up ciggies was Furby's health, well on the way home from the vet I wanted to stop and buy a pack so bad but I was crying so much I would have had to point at what I wanted. Didn't stop and am still ciggie free. If I hadn't been such a mess I would have bought that pack.
The donks always travel in the same order with Hobbs bringing up the rear so one time I get them going into the barn ( locking 3 in and Hobbs out) then the next time I reverse it when they are leaving (3 out Hobbs in ) Too bad I can't record the commotion when he gets the good stuff.
How is PJ doing ? He looks so cute in his mancave.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #792 on: November 19, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

Well, Rascal got stitches in his ear and an ear infection from...a dog bite. Hubbys Boston (we guess, we were not home) got a little too rambunctious playing(we hope he was playing, never happened before) and , dang. I feel so bad that he got hurt while visiting. It still amazes me that a 35 pound dog could do that to a 60 lb one...must be 'cuz he is old. So, we (that means me) have a weeks worth of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory that are supposed to be chewable and "tasty"    .    Also ear drops once a day for a week and once a week for 3 more weeks after...think I will be investing in a muzzle for ear drop time, he got a bit cranky with the vet assistant today...oops. Poor guy was hurting. Better a short muzzle time  than him bite me while I administer drops. He is already feeling better, following the boys around wanting to play!   

I made a deal with my sis(who is 5 hours away) that I will try not to feel bad it happened while he is visiting, she won't stress that I have to "deal" with it!   She has enough on her plate right now, she don't need more "stuff", that is why he is here. Oh, well.

Boyzmom, so sorry about your sil. My prayers are with you all.

JSM, so glad your head is not worse. Don't worry about the bruise for the wedding...just remember , casual, right? You could always go with the flow and accent with other makes up?  Probably not funny, huh? When I was married 30 years ago(May 1980), our pracher showed up an hour late with 2 shiners...       he had just come from the ER after a motorcycle wreck! We laugh about it now. In fact, I think we laughed then too.     Monkey Devil!   My point being, I guess, is  Whatever happens, it will be wonderful memories.

I am so sorry about the injuries - It is a amazing to me that dogs never seems to know their own size!

As for the weddng story - LOL. When my parents got married, my dad was in sun glasses. Two days before he was working construction. They were digging a foundation and went to light a torch to weld - the gas had settled to the bottom of the hole and exploded. Luckily he had no long term damage but the wedding pictures make my mom look like she was marring one of the Blues Brothers. 

'Blessed Mother of acceleration, don't fail me now'.  My favorite line from Blues Brothers.   I think sunglasses would make the groom look mysterious and exciting.  Cool.

I love that line too .. The look probably would have been cooler if he could have seen more than dark and light! 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: November 19, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!

I remember a very smart mouse getting in our house when we were kids. Dad saw him and swore it was a RAT!  He decided, being country people and all, that a rat was not acceptable. Mom was sure it was a mouse but there was NO arguing with dad- add to it that mom had just gotten home from a bar night with the girls so she was more than a little tipsy and figured he must know what he was talking about.  So he had mom stay in the room with it (it was in my brother's room!) and stuff towels under the door. How he thought a RAT was going to get under the door I do not know but anyway. He went and got his shotgun, loaded it with buck shot and SHOT the darn thing in the HOUSE!  We never found the body but it was years until my brother moved out and dad got around to fixing the pellet holes in the wall! 

I forgot what nuts my parents were when we were growing up.   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: November 19, 2010, 05:59:31 PM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!

I remember a very smart mouse getting in our house when we were kids. Dad saw him and swore it was a RAT!  He decided, being country people and all, that a rat was not acceptable. Mom was sure it was a mouse but there was NO arguing with dad- add to it that mom had just gotten home from a bar night with the girls so she was more than a little tipsy and figured he must know what he was talking about.  So he had mom stay in the room with it (it was in my brother's room!) and stuff towels under the door. How he thought a RAT was going to get under the door I do not know but anyway. He went and got his shotgun, loaded it with buck shot and SHOT the darn thing in the HOUSE!  We never found the body but it was years until my brother moved out and dad got around to fixing the pellet holes in the wall! 

LOL! What a memory.

I have a mouse memory as well.

One morning when I was in third grade, I came down for breakfast and my father had just (tried) fixing toast. Somehow overnight, a mouse had gotten into the toaster, and my father toasted it!

Oh my, I can still remember that toasted mouse smell. It was just awful.

Wasn't quite as funny as when a bat came into our house from the chimney. My father chased that thing around the house with a broom for hours. LOL

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: November 19, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!

LOL! What a memory.

One morning when I was in third grade, I came down for breakfast and my father had just (tried) fixing toast. Somehow overnight, a mouse had gotten into the toaster, and my father toasted it!

Wasn't quite as funny as when a bat came into our house from the chimney. My father chased that thing around the house with a broom for hours. LOL

OMG - how funny - all I can think of is the show "sister wives" when the one says she will not have a toaster in her house because lots of people every year die because of them. So instead she burns the toast in the oven. Much safer eh?

- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: November 19, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »

LOL! What a memory.

OMG - how funny - all I can think of is the show "sister wives" when the one says she will not have a toaster in her house because lots of people every year die because of them. So instead she burns the toast in the oven. Much safer eh?

hahaha

I think more people die of fires caused by ovens! But I guess that was the point. heh

I caught our oven on fire 2 or 3 Thanksgivings ago. Scared the heck out of me!!!

Somehow some grease got spilled on the floor of the oven and caught fire.

We talk about that every Thanksgiving now. LOL

Oh, and do NOT put water on a grease fire!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »

Well that might have to be next shooting up the garage  LOL   Oh my, a mouse in a toaster    I would have just died.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

Just dropping down from my vine to say HI MONKEYS!  Been out of the cage for a long time!  Saw NoRose in Kyron's thread ... but wanted to say HELLO to the rest of you too!  Figured JSM's thread would be the place to do it.

Love you all and miss you all!  Wish I could get here more often ... but I'm always lurking! ... da da .. da da ... da da da da da da ... (think Pink Panther lurking - not stalker lurking Smile

Would take years to catch up on the thread ... so not even gonna try.  Just wanted to say HI ... MISS YOU! 

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: November 19, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »

Note to Deenie:
Hugs
Tol
thank you, NRCG!

LOL! What a memory.

Please tell me you got a new toaster...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.