May 23, 2024, 04:18:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 179948 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2010, 02:12:27 AM »

If I can get away, I'd like to go to the vigil. I'd like some way to express what I can't find words for.

CBB  I hope you can get away to attend Zahras vigil.  I think this case has hit everyone of us hard. If I could I would go. I know when I finely got to Florida for Caylee it was very sad but at the same time it brought me Peace. You know we will all be with you in Spirit if you go. an angelic monkey

If I can, I will, GE. The roads are mountainous between. I was near Hickory on Sunday, and the mountains are already snowcapped and we ended up in a snow storm so severe we couldn't see the road. It was at night, and kind of scary. If the weather is good and work makes it at all possible, I will.

I know you will if it's at all possible.  Those mountain roads are something else so please be careful.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2010, 02:16:14 AM »

If I can get away, I'd like to go to the vigil. I'd like some way to express what I can't find words for.

CBB  I hope you can get away to attend Zahras vigil.  I think this case has hit everyone of us hard. If I could I would go. I know when I finely got to Florida for Caylee it was very sad but at the same time it brought me Peace. You know we will all be with you in Spirit if you go. an angelic monkey

If I can, I will, GE. The roads are mountainous between. I was near Hickory on Sunday, and the mountains are already snowcapped and we ended up in a snow storm so severe we couldn't see the road. It was at night, and kind of scary. If the weather is good and work makes it at all possible, I will.

If you go CBB, be safe....

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2010, 02:24:24 AM »

Don't worry, if I go, I'll be very careful. My car is awful in snow and I wouldn't attempt it if the roads were slick.

All of this news has worn me out. I'm going to get my jammies on. If I don't get back, have a goodnight, all! God Bless and keep Zahra!
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »

Don't worry, if I go, I'll be very careful. My car is awful in snow and I wouldn't attempt it if the roads were slick.

All of this news has worn me out. I'm going to get my jammies on. If I don't get back, have a goodnight, all! God Bless and keep Zahra!

Good night CBB... I hope you have pleasant dreams.  I am staying up late working on my web sites...... but it is about time to find my pjs too.

God Bless Zahra, her mom and all my fellow monkeys.  You all have such kind hearts.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:03 AM »

Zahra Baker's body may have been found

The worst fears for Australian 10-year-old Zahra Baker appear to have been realised with police search teams in North Carolina discovering human remains in a bushland grave.

The remains were found on the edge of Gunpowder Creek, a secluded location used by hunters to dump deer carcasses, and a short drive from where Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, once lived.

It is believed police search teams were directed to the site by Elisa, who is being held in custody on an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly writing a fake $US1 million ransom note.

The discovery of the remains came just hours before Zahra's biological mother, Emily Dietrich, flew from Australia to the town of Hickory in North Carolina, the US state where her estranged daughter spent the past two years.

"Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case," Hickory police said in a statement.

"This evidence will be analysed at the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardise any future criminal proceedings."

The discovery of human remains came just over a month since Zahra was reported missing by her biological father, former Queensland sugar mill worker Adam Baker, and followed searches of rubbish tips, ponds, creeks and other bushland areas.

Hickory police would not publicly confirm the find was human remains, but sources did.

Local media reports also said the grave contained body parts, not a complete body.

Police discovered Zahra's prosthetic leg a fortnight ago in another bushland area, while a bone was found during another search.

Zahra had the lower half of her left leg amputated five years ago after being stricken by bone cancer.

Investigators questioned Adam Baker, who was accompanied by his lawyer, for more than an hour on Wednesday at the Hickory Police Department before he was allowed to leave.

Ms Dietrich, in an interview with the Seven Network last week, said she suffered post natal depression after the birth of Zahra, handed custody to Adam Baker and had no contact with her daughter.

She said she did not know her daughter had moved to the US until three days before Zahra went missing. Ms Dietrich used the internet to track her daughter down.

Adam Baker met North Carolina native Elisa on the internet, they married in Queensland and two years ago moved with Zahra to North Carolina.

On Thursday, Ms Dietrich, accompanied by a TV crew, inspected a shrine members of the Hickory community have created in the front yard of Zahra's home.

Neighbours said Ms Dietrich was an emotional mess as she read cards and inspected toys, flowers and other trinkets.

"She was in tears and she said her heart was breaking," neighbour Jennie Bost told local TV station WSOC.

Another neighbour, Eddie Mitchell, told the TV station: "She asked if she could hug me and we hugged and I said to her, 'Just keep going, believe and just keep going'."

A vigil is planned for Zahra in Hickory on Tuesday, which is the date of her 11th birthday

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?&id=8136324&mch=snlink&cmp=art_8136324
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:37 AM »

I thought I heard on NG tonight that Emily took a few of the stuffed animals that were left at the memorial.  I am glad if she did and hope they bring her some peace.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 03:06:48 AM »

I cannot quit thinking about Zahra.    Thought I would play with one of her pictures - hope you enjoy. an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2010, 03:10:20 AM »

I cannot quit thinking about Zahra.    Thought I would play with one of her pictures - hope you enjoy. an angelic monkey

This is beautiful  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »

Video of Emily at the memorial today. Says Emily gave a DNA sample.

Remains found in search for Zahra

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »

Thank You KCJackie   an angelic monkey

It's hard not to think about Zahra.
O/T nanners

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2010, 03:20:32 AM »

Pictures of Emily at the memorial today
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:29 AM »

Video of Emily at the memorial today. Says Emily gave a DNA sample.

Remains found in search for Zahra

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national

ThankYOu  NorthernRose  for all you up dates and links. I want them to arrest the POS that took this darling little girls life. Prayers her bio mom will be able to take her home. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2010, 03:25:27 AM »

Good Night CBB  an angelic monkey

God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2010, 03:27:13 AM »

The video said that the police are protective of Emily and they have told her the DNA will be back on Tuesday.  Images of Emily with police.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2010, 03:30:34 AM »

Photos: Zahra Baker case

http://au.news.yahoo.com/news-gallery/a/-/article/8308954/image/1/zahra-baker-case/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2010, 03:32:40 AM »

Zhara's mum travels to US

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/22991607/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »

Hints of 'valuable' new clue in search for Zahra Baker
Hickory police won't confirm reports that human remains were found along a creek.

HICKORY As Zahra Baker's biological mom flew to North Carolina on Thursday, investigators said they may have located a significant piece of evidence as the search for the missing 10-year-old girl entered its second month.

It was another day of twists in the story of the pretty 10-year-old girl whose smiling photos - and plight as a victim of bone cancer - have captured worldwide attention since she disappeared on Oct. 9.

In Australia, media reports had Emily Dietrich, the distraught birth mother who gave up Zahra as a baby, headed for the scene of the investigation. But Hickory police refused to confirm those reports, despite neighborhood talk that Dietrich was seen at Zahra's house in the early-morning hours Thursday.

MORE...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/12/1831222/searchers-find-valuable-evidence.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »

Search For Zahra Called Off After 'Significant' Find

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Hickory police said Thursday evening the evidence they found in the Zahra Baker case is so significant, they're calling off the search for the missing 10-year-old girl.

Channel 9 Eyewitness News learned from sources that investigators found human remains on Wednesday when they searched in and near Gunpowder Creek off Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County

Deputy Chief Clyde Deal wouldn't comment on what was found but said he will not send additional search teams to the area in the future.

Zahra's father, Adam Baker, had no comment on the developments.

People visiting a makeshift memorial outside Zahra's home in Hickory said they believe closure is near.

"I just hate to see something like that happen to a 10-year-old," said Flossie Wilcox who visited the memorial with her two young children. "And, you know, I'd just like to see some closure on it," said Wilcox.

Zahra's biological mother, Emily Dietrich, visited the memorial early Thursday morning after arriving from her home in Australia. Witnesses said Dietrich spent about 45 minutes there with an Australian news crew.

The crew returned to the memorial late Thursday evening without Dietrich. Neighbors said crew members told them Dietrich was talking with officers at the Hickory Police Department, but police would not confirm that.

The remains found Wednesday will be analyzed at the State Bureau of Investigation’s lab.

MORE...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25758518/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2010, 03:41:46 AM »

I am glad someone is looking out for Emily. Did she travel here by herself? That last picture of her at Zahra's little memorial breaks my heart.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2010, 03:42:25 AM »

Search For Zahra Called Off After 'Significant' Find (video)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25767169/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.