May 23, 2024, 02:29:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 179938 times)
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »

hi monkeys! did LE say something about what the sm was looking in the furniture store? because if she was looking for a matress it means that she had a plan to kill ZB when ZB was alive
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:25 PM »

I remember reading through Emily's posts on TheHinkyMeter.com, and Emily was saying she had searched for Zahra for years.  She said she always searched in Australia.  Recently, she located Karen Baker and looked through her friends and noticed AB's younger brother and knew she located to right KB.

She stated she wrote to KB and asked her if they could communicate with her and was told NO.  ED noticed one of her friends mother's was friends with KB, but had not put things together.  ED asked this person to speak to KB and KB insulted and bad mouthed ED to this woman.

Allegedly, this took place 3 days before Zahra was reported missing.

That Friday, Oct 8th, EB called and asked Brittany Bentley to drop her charges .

Oct 9th, the fire, the ransom note, Zahra reported missing.

A lot of things the police need to work through.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »

<snipped>

An advocacy group plan to hold a candlelight vigil on the birthday of the missing schoolgirl.
The Children Protection Council of Catawba County said next Tuesday's vigil in Hickory will honour Zahra, who will turn 11 that day.

Toys or stuff animals left at the vigil will be donated to the Cops for Tots organisation, the group said in a statement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328848/Zahra-Baker-Police-recover-valuable-evidence-search-schoolgirl.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »

cw618 I am very sorry for your loss  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »

What time is the vigil scheduled for, and where will it be held? 

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

Perhaps someone should have a poster representing scaredmonkeys?

Emily's family and friends have the following rose on their FB for Emily  ZAHRA.  The daisy was started by the Bakers after Emily's friends started the rose.  If Emily is at the memorial it would probably mean a lot to her to see a few of these around her. 

Self edit
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »

TY for posting the links. AY started the DAISY thing. Think he is / was  too tight with AB, not sure, but no outcry from him about AB. I'd go with Emily.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: November 12, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »

cw618 my heart goes out to you.  You and your friends families are in my prayers  an angelic monkey
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: November 12, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »

I am just thinking out loud but maybe Zahra's mother is also coming stateside to provide her DNA to the detectives in addition to taking her precious child home.  I truly believe in my heart that this child was hidden from her all these years out of spite to keep her out of Zahra's life.  I am deeply saddened by this case.
Thank you all for keeping us up to date....

These are my thoughts, too.  I am sorry, I am behind and this may be something that is better known now.  I want to tell this story so others may understand the Bio Mom better, if this fits her.

Being the Step-Mother of 2 boys for several years (their Mother died of cancer when they were very young, so I was their Full Time Mom when I was married to their Father.  (He never wanted children to begin with, but I did not find this out until years later.)  This happened to me.  As a SM, I had no rights, even though I was their primary caretaker for years.  (Their father told me I did not need to adopt them as we had the same name.  I believed him.  The real reason was it would have discontinued their Mother's deceased benefits they get until they were 18).  We divorced before they were 18.  They called me Mom, they treated me as their Mother.  I treated them as my own children.  (I was their choice as Mom, they would not let him date anyone else).  I had no rights, but didn't know it.  Zahra's Mom apparently had no rights either, once she gave up custody while deeply

When I left, he promised to let me see the kids.  He married someone who did not want me to see them, not only that, went as far as not allowing anyone to say my name, including the children.  She would not let them see their Paternal Grandparents because they knew me and let the children say my name in their presence.  Their Maternal Parents and I got along well, but didn't know me all my life like his Parents did, his Father introduced us.  

The point to my story is sometimes you want to see someone so badly it hurts to the very core of your being, but you are prevented from doing it for some reason.  I am, at this point, giving her a chance because I know this can and does happen.

O/T  He got re-married right away and his third wife left him for a woman.  It does not matter to me about a sexual preference to me, but it totally emasculated him.  Karma baby.......

I do feel badly for the kids, through the miracle of Facebook (yes there are good reasons to have it, if you are looking for someone you really care about) we have been reunited.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: November 12, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »

hi monkeys! did LE say something about what the sm was looking in the furniture store? because if she was looking for a matress it means that she had a plan to kill ZB when ZB was alive

I believe the employees at the furniture store said she was looking at living room suites.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: November 12, 2010, 06:00:51 PM »

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

<snipped>

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - An advocacy group plans a candlelight vigil on the birthday of a missing North Carolina girl.

The Children Protection Council of Catawba County says Tuesday's vigil in Hickory will honor Zahra Baker, who will turn 11 that day. The vigil will be held at from 6 to 7 pm at Union Square.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13487710

Thank you, Northern Rose.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: November 12, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »

Emily's family and friends have the following rose on their FB for Emily.  The daisy was started by the Bakers after Emily's friends started the rose.  If Emily is at the memorial it would probably mean a lot to her to see a few of these around her. 
http://www.proflowers.com/flowerguide/rosemeanings/
Rose Colors and Meanings -- White Roses:
White roses represent innocence and purity and are traditionally associated with marriages and new beginnings. The white rose is also a symbol of honor and reverence, and white rose arrangements are often used as an expression of remembrance.
--

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Meaning-of-White-Roses---Purity-and-Young-Love&id=1368034
The Meaning of White Roses - Purity and Young Love

Today, white roses continue to keep their meaning as the hallmark of innocence and they are also used to express a number of different emotions for different people. They can either symbolize a new beginning or can mean farewell. They convey sentiments of friendship, love, respect, and hope. Underlying this multitude of meanings is the impression of purity and innocence, which is what white flowers are commonly associated with.
[..]
Although most of the long-established meanings behind white roses are still used today, there are other definitions. For instance, white rosebuds used to be a traditional symbol for girlhood and signified that a girl is too young to receive suitors, and to experience romantic love. Not many people know this meaning, but it is still a part of the language of flowers.
--

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: November 12, 2010, 06:03:15 PM »

I am just thinking out loud but maybe Zahra's mother is also coming stateside to provide her DNA to the detectives in addition to taking her precious child home.  I truly believe in my heart that this child was hidden from her all these years out of spite to keep her out of Zahra's life.  I am deeply saddened by this case.
Thank you all for keeping us up to date....

These are my thoughts, too.  I am sorry, I am behind and this may be something that is better known now.  I want to tell this story so others may understand the Bio Mom better, if this fits her.

Being the Step-Mother of 2 boys for several years (their Mother died of cancer when they were very young, so I was their Full Time Mom when I was married to their Father.  (He never wanted children to begin with, but I did not find this out until years later.)  This happened to me.  As a SM, I had no rights, even though I was their primary caretaker for years.  (Their father told me I did not need to adopt them as we had the same name.  I believed him.  The real reason was it would have discontinued their Mother's deceased benefits they get until they were 18).  We divorced before they were 18.  They called me Mom, they treated me as their Mother.  I treated them as my own children.  (I was their choice as Mom, they would not let him date anyone else).  I had no rights, but didn't know it.  Zahra's Mom apparently had no rights either, once she gave up custody while deeply

When I left, he promised to let me see the kids.  He married someone who did not want me to see them, not only that, went as far as not allowing anyone to say my name, including the children.  She would not let them see their Paternal Grandparents because they knew me and let the children say my name in their presence.  Their Maternal Parents and I got along well, but didn't know me all my life like his Parents did, his Father introduced us.  

The point to my story is sometimes you want to see someone so badly it hurts to the very core of your being, but you are prevented from doing it for some reason.  I am, at this point, giving her a chance because I know this can and does happen.

O/T  He got re-married right away and his third wife left him for a woman.  It does not matter to me about a sexual preference to me, but it totally emasculated him.  Karma baby.......

I do feel badly for the kids, through the miracle of Facebook (yes there are good reasons to have it, if you are looking for someone you really care about) we have been reunited.

Bearly I am so happy that you have been reunited.    an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »

Raw video of todays press conference:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f</a>

2 friends have passed in a 24hr span, im overwhelmed
i do wish peace to the hearts of all involved with
the Zahra Baker case and....
lets not forget the dedicated men and women of LE

POLICEMAN

What is a Policeman?
A policeman is a composite of what all men are... a mingling of saint and sinners... dust and deity. Cold statistics wave the fan over the stinkers...underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are news.

What that REALLY means is they are exceptional, unusual - not commonplace. Buried under the froth is the fact that less than one half of one percent of policemen misfit that uniform. And that's a better average than among clergymen.

What is a policeman made of. He of all men is at one the most needed and the most unwanted... a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face... and "pig" to his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals... so that each will think he won... But if the policeman is neat, he's a flirt. If he's not, he's a grouch.

In an instant he must make decisions which require months for a lawyer. But if he hurries, he's careless. If he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident... infallible with a diagnosis... he must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and above all be sure the victim goes home without a limp, or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun... draw on the run... and hit where it doesn't hurt. He must be able to whip two men his size and half his age....without damaging his uniform and without being brutal. If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

The policeman must, from a single human hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal.. and tell you where the criminal is hiding. But if he catches the criminal he's lucky... if he doesn't he's a dunce. If he gets promoted he has political pull. If he doesn't he's a dullard.

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end and stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen, but refused to remember.

He runs files and writes reports until his eyes ache to build a case against some felon who will get dealed out by a shameless shamus or an honorable who isn't.

A policeman must be a minister... social worker... a diplomat... a tough guy... and a gentleman.

And of course he will have to be a genius... for he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

-Author Unknown

A POLICE OFFICER'S PRAYER

Lord I ask for courage

Courage to face and
Conquer my own fears...

Courage to take me
Where others will not go...

I ask for strength

Strength of body to protect others
And strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication

Dedication to my job, to do it well
Dedication to my community
To keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern
For others who trust me
And compassion for those who need me...

And please Lord

Through it all
Be at my side...

--Author Unknown

thank you law enforcement for all you do

Police Officer Memorial Poem
http://www.ancestorhunt.com/fallen-officer-poem.htm

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »

Cw618, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends.

Bearlyhere, I'm glad you have been reunited with your stepsons!

I am so sad about Zahra.  We have known this was coming, but no one is ever prepared for the death of a child, especially such a cruel and needless death! 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: November 12, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Zahra

The girl's name Zahra \za(h)-ra

is of Arabic origin, and the meaning of Zahra is "white; flower".

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: November 12, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

I have a question.  I don't know the whole details on the Grand Jury process so bear with me.  I'm assuming that the possible suspect is NOT brought in to be questioned in front of the Grand Jury, correct?  It seems quite likely that both AB and EB were in this together in some fashion and both would be charged in Zahra's death.
So, I would guess then that EB could not be brought in to be questioned for the possible charges to be pressed on AB because then EB would be implicating herself.  And the same in the other direction - AB wouldn't be brought in to be questioned for possible charges on EB because he would be implicating HIMself.

Am I making you dizzy yet?

i am gonna guess that they would be tried individually so there would be individual grand jury procedings, if that makes sense to ur dizzy question 
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #416 on: November 12, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »

Just as God has touched our hearts through Zahra, He will always hold her in His Hands.

Artwork/Words: CBB

Hello Dear Sweet Monkeys, I don't know if I am posting this Beautiful picture CBB made right. It is such a heartwarming and soul touching picture right now. Thank you CBB for this wonderful reminder that Precious Zahra is whole again and in Jesus Precious Loving arms. God bless Emily, the police and the searchers. My heart is broken along with so many of you monkeys. 
Michelle
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: November 12, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »

CW~

I'm sorry about the lose of your friends today.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Our prayers are with you,
MK

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: November 12, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Zahra

The girl's name Zahra \za(h)-ra

is of Arabic origin, and the meaning of Zahra is "white; flower".

Ahhhhhh.. I had wondered about her name but you thought to look it up.  Now that makes sense.  How lovely!  Thanks Monkey King.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #419 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »

I hope Adam is terrified.
they said he had a meeting with 2 of the step-monster's daughters.
I want him arrested.

I hope others find Adam before he is arrested and just beat the s**t out of him!!!

I agree with this completely   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.