May 27, 2024, 09:22:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 180193 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »

Thank you Sister.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »

Thank you Sister.  an angelic monkey

always Trimm, you're most welcome.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/8312914/zahras-dna-matches-bone-us-police/
Zahra's DNA matches bone: US police
<snipped>

District Attorney James Gaither, who prosecutes cases in Catawba County said the investigation into the homicide is ongoing.

"We're continuing to put a case together. The (district attorney's) office is working with law enforcement and (we) hope to see some resolution in this case that will result in charges being filed in the near future."

Police made the announcements at a Friday news conference, the third since the pretty 10-year-old girl whose smiling photos - and struggle with bone cancer - captured worldwide attention when she was reported missing.

Adam Baker was at the Hickory Police Department on Thursday night, but police would not say why he was there.

The hunt for Zahra has sent exhausted investigators across Catawba, Burke and Caldwell counties seeking evidence. They've examined two ponds, homes where the Bakers lived, several wooded areas and a landfill.

Zahra's prosthetic leg was found in Caldwell County, and the bone that investigators say is Zahra's was also found there. The bone was sent to the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for inspection, which compared it to Zahra's DNA.
--

(Video at Link, reporting on Emily Dietrich's visit to North Carolina)

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »

Sister...Yes there is SO much sadness. I am so sorry for the 4 funerals in two weeks, that is so much sorrow. God Bless you and you will be in my prayers.

It seems that each case with the precious little Angels the tragedy and the horror just worst and worse.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2010, 07:18:20 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Hickory-Police-Chief-We-have-found-Zahra-107570199.html

Hickory Police Chief: "We have found Zahra."

by RAD BERKY & TONY BURBECK / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Us: NEWS@WCNC.com

WCNC.com

Posted on November 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Updated today at 7:14 PM

HICKORY, N.C.-- His voice at times choked with emotion, Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins ended the hopes of so many that somehow little Zahra Baker would be found alive.

At a packed afternoon press briefing, Adkins said, "We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra."

Adkins said that DNA from a bone found during a search along Christie Road in Caldwell County matched an item taken from the home of Zahra's father, Adam Baker and her step-mother Elisa Baker.

"The sample was from an item that is believed to be Zahra's.

Two days ago search teams discovered human remains at a location in Granite Falls on the bank of Gunpowder Creek, just off Dudley Shoals Road.

The Chief said, "According to the Medical examiner's staff on sight when the remains were recovered they are consistant with a child."  Adkins said the remains are still being tested to confirm if in fact they are those of the little girl.

While Adkins would not take any questions from reporters, NewsChannel 36 has learned no arrests will be made right away.

Investigators have focused on Adam and Elisa Baker, but a source says investigators clearly know Elisa is already locked up on obstruction of justice charges and Adam Baker is free on bond on unrelated charges and not expected to leave the area.

The search for clues in this case will go on, but the search for the little girl who had won the hearts of so many, is now all but over.

"Investigators, officers, and agents working this case are devastated at not being able to find Zahra alive and bring her home safely," said Adkins as he ended his statement and left the room.

A community mourns and looks for answers

Friday's developments are progress, but neighbors and mourners at Zahra's house in hickory were hoping for more.

More and more people have been stopping by the Baker home with letters and teddy bears.

Now they want answers and justice.

The timelines of a town's desire for closure and a methodical police investigation don't always match.

"My heart breaks for this town," says Drake Miles while visiting the memorial outside the Baker home.

His visit outside the home happened the same time police say they found one of her bones at one search site, and possibly her remains at another.

Progress, but not closure.

"No, it didn't answer my questions," says Miles.

Those questions are still who and why?

The feeling around the memorial tree: We want justice.

"If it takes months to convict the person or persons who done it, it will be worth the wait," says Miles.

Friday, at the Dudley Shoals shallow grave, Kerry Teague just stares at the hole.

"I'm just...depressed," says Teague. "There won't be any true closure unil whoever did this is convicted."

It's not easy to look at.

"I got chills all over, actually it's very sad," says Kathy Owens, who also stopped by the Dudley Shoals search site.

"To think a ten year-old girl, this is her final resting spot, to me just blows me away," says Owens.

An apparent henious crime, needing a resolution as powerful as the prayers to Zahra.

Vigil planned for Zahra

The Child Protection Council of Catawba County is planning a vigil for Zahra next tuesday night.

That's also her birthday.

She would have been 11-years-old.

The vigil will be held at Union Square in Hickory.

It starts at 6 p.m.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »

Thank-you Sister  an angelic monkey

NoRose, you are most welcome.  Just got back from my 4th funeral in two weeks.  I have no more words to give nor any more songs to sing.  I think Monkey King, Klaas, and Phelps have done it all.  Blessings.
an angelic monkey  My prayers are with you
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »

Local eyewitness news SPECIAL REPORT live now:

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25777513/index.html
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

I am devastated.  Although this is what we all expected and had hoped for a resolution as to Zahra's whereabouts, the announcement is still no easier to bear.

I am in awe of the LE who searched and grieved during this case.  They are all family men and women and must have the most difficult time coping with a case as horrifying as this.  God bless them.

This case in all over our media this morning.  I will keep watch for any interviews or docos that may be televised in the days to come and link to here for the monkeys.

I have read through here this  morning and will try to answer those questions that I remember have been asked.

Karen Baker would have no legal rights on Zahra unless an Australian court gave her those rights, in which case I would expect Emily would not have been required to contribute the payments to our Child Welfare Dept which in turn were remitted to Adam's bank account.

I do not know of any fund set up here for funeral expenses for Emily to bring Zahra home.  Nightowl may know of something in the Townsville area.  It depends on personal beliefs but in cases such as dismemberment of a body, cremation is the preferred option and bringing Zahra's ashes home would not incur any expense.

I wish a safe journey to those who plan to attend the vigil.  I will be there with you in spirit.

Thank you to the clever monkeys who calm us with their art work.  Also thank you to Klaas for holding this thread together with such a sad but angry bunch of monkeys.

I am now heading out to my local plant nursery to purchase a native Daisy which I will plant close to my living room window as a permanent reminder of our sweet Zahra.

Go in peace with the angels little one.

Thank you, Tibro, I hear the pain and loss in your words.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: November 12, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »

Klaas~

The addition of Zahra looks really nice!!  

Monkeys, there are no words this day to even begin to express my deep sorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQijZ0OpaU&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Thank you Sister

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: November 12, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050#

WBTV reports on the local reaction to the news.  Two new videos at link.

Mourners gather to hear news on Zahra
3:02   

Public sadness grows at Zahra's house
2:46

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »

I am devastated.  Although this is what we all expected and had hoped for a resolution as to Zahra's whereabouts, the announcement is still no easier to bear.

I am in awe of the LE who searched and grieved during this case.  They are all family men and women and must have the most difficult time coping with a case as horrifying as this.  God bless them.

This case in all over our media this morning.  I will keep watch for any interviews or docos that may be televised in the days to come and link to here for the monkeys.

I have read through here this  morning and will try to answer those questions that I remember have been asked.

Karen Baker would have no legal rights on Zahra unless an Australian court gave her those rights, in which case I would expect Emily would not have been required to contribute the payments to our Child Welfare Dept which in turn were remitted to Adam's bank account.

I do not know of any fund set up here for funeral expenses for Emily to bring Zahra home.  Nightowl may know of something in the Townsville area.  It depends on personal beliefs but in cases such as dismemberment of a body, cremation is the preferred option and bringing Zahra's ashes home would not incur any expense.

I wish a safe journey to those who plan to attend the vigil.  I will be there with you in spirit.

Thank you to the clever monkeys who calm us with their art work.  Also thank you to Klaas for holding this thread together with such a sad but angry bunch of monkeys.

I am now heading out to my local plant nursery to purchase a native Daisy which I will plant close to my living room window as a permanent reminder of our sweet Zahra.

an angelic monkey

Thank you for understanding Bearly.  Also ((((Hugs)))) for sharing your story with us.  Glad to know you have reestablished contact.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »

As my post earlier I went out to our local plant nursery planning to purchase a native Daisy to commemorate Zahra as that was the only flower I had seen mentioned with regards to her likes and dislikes. I wandered through the rows of native plants but did not feel "comfortable" with any of them.  As I was leaving that section I felt drawn to a small display of the sweetest miniature white roses.  I chose one and it is now smiling at me through my window.

After planting the rose I came inside and read here and saw where Northern Rose had posted that the Daisy came from the Baker clan's posts and Emily and friends had chosen a white rose for their flower.  More than coincidence I feel?

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »

hi monkeys! did LE say something about what the sm was looking in the furniture store? because if she was looking for a matress it means that she had a plan to kill ZB when ZB was alive

I think about that.  My heart is in my stomach which is in my throat and it is all churning together from the horror this precious child went through and how many children at this moment are going through being tortured.  They are so brave, they are my heroes. 

I wish we could bust down every door of every house where a child is being hurt and toss all the abusers in jail to rot, in the same pile like a bunch of rats and toss some cheese in there every once in a while.  I know I couldn't go through with it, well the starving them part, but some sort of punishment and I don't mean 3 hots, a cot, commissary purchases, computer, TV, medical, dental, etc  Good grief.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »

an angelic monkey

Thank you for understanding Bearly.  Also ((((Hugs)))) for sharing your story with us.  Glad to know you have reestablished contact.
Thank you Tibro

The part I bolded eases my mind. I was afraid that KB might try to stop Emily from taking Zahra home.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »

What time is the vigil scheduled for, and where will it be held? 

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

Perhaps someone should have a poster representing scaredmonkeys?

Emily's family and friends have the following rose on their FB for Emily.  The daisy was started by the Bakers after Emily's friends started the rose.  If Emily is at the memorial it would probably mean a lot to her to see a few of these around her. 

So beautiful Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »

Thank-you Sister  an angelic monkey

NoRose, you are most welcome.  Just got back from my 4th funeral in two weeks.  I have no more words to give nor any more songs to sing.  I think Monkey King, Klaas, and Phelps have done it all.  Blessings.

Sister saying  prayers of comfort and strength for you
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »

As my post earlier I went out to our local plant nursery planning to purchase a native Daisy to commemorate Zahra as that was the only flower I had seen mentioned with regards to her likes and dislikes. I wandered through the rows of native plants but did not feel "comfortable" with any of them.  As I was leaving that section I felt drawn to a small display of the sweetest miniature white roses.  I chose one and it is now smiling at me through my window.

After planting the rose I came inside and read here and saw where Northern Rose had posted that the Daisy came from the Baker clan's posts and Emily and friends had chosen a white rose for their flower.  More than coincidence I feel?

an angelic monkey     an angelic monkey
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Divine intervention, I say.  Lovely story, and may you enjoy Zahra's miniature white roses for many years to come.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »

Northern Rose and Desi :   

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »

Is that a smooching koala?  

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.