May 28, 2024, 06:03:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 180215 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #720 on: November 14, 2010, 04:19:09 AM »

Thank You!!!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: November 14, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »

Much better picture of AB:

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: November 14, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »

Oh, yes, I forgot his non-wife:

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #723 on: November 14, 2010, 04:39:59 AM »

OK I think I have solved the mystery, though it still does not give us an age.  We can probably safely assume the voice on the call is Lauren Coffey.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13317074

When Officer R. Rollins arrived at the home, he was approached by a Hickory firefighter who said there was a fire on a mulch pile behind the home.

Firemen also told Rollins the passenger side doors of a silver 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside the home were open.  A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield.

Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.

The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon."  The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."

Rollins saw Mark Coffey and his only daughter, Lauren Coffey, at the home around 5:30 a.m.  Rollins said she was not harmed in any way.  WBTV has learned Adam Baker was renting the home from Mark Coffey, who is also Baker's boss. Rollins and the firefighters left the home around 6:41 a.m. after investigating the small grass fire.  They believed it to be an arson, the warrant stated.

Around 2 p.m., the police department received a call from Adam Baker stating that someone had poured gas into his car and left a note stating that they had his bosses' daughter.  Baker told police he thought a kidnapper took his daughter, Zahra Baker.

An officer went to the home and searched the house with assistance from Adam and Elisa Baker.

On Sunday, Maria Claxton with the South Carolina Search and Rescue Dog Association was called to the home at the request of police and the FBI.

Claxton walked the dog around the Bakers' home and their vehicles.  The warrant states that around 1 p.m., the canine "gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on both vehicles, the silver in color Chevrolet Tahoe... and the burgundy in color Toyota Camry..."

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

In addition to taking photographs of both vehicles, three swabs of a substance which police said appeared to be blood were also taken from the Chevrolet Tahoe.

On Sunday, police charged Elisa Baker with various unrelated offenses.  She was taken to the Catawba County Jail.  On Monday, police charged her with felony obstruction of justice after they say she admitted to writing the ransom note.

Neither she nor Adam Baker have been charged with Zahra's disappearance at this time.

Copyright 2010 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Edit to change red color to blue, with red & maroon reserved for use by admin & mods.  MuffyBee

Someone tell me why he had 3 passports with paperwork in his truck???
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #724 on: November 14, 2010, 04:42:04 AM »

Oh, yes, I forgot his non-wife:

I love it!!!! 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: November 14, 2010, 04:52:34 AM »

OK I think I have solved the mystery, though it still does not give us an age.  We can probably safely assume the voice on the call is Lauren Coffey.

When Officer R. Rollins arrived at the home, he was approached by a Hickory firefighter who said there was a fire on a mulch pile behind the home.

Firemen also told Rollins the passenger side doors of a silver 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside the home were open.  A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield.

Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.

The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon."  The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."

Rollins saw Mark Coffey and his only daughter, Lauren Coffey, at the home around 5:30 a.m.  Rollins said she was not harmed in any way.  WBTV has learned Adam Baker was renting the home from Mark Coffey, who is also Baker's boss. Rollins and the firefighters left the home around 6:41 a.m. after investigating the small grass fire.  They believed it to be an arson, the warrant stated.

Around 2 p.m., the police department received a call from Adam Baker stating that someone had poured gas into his car and left a note stating that they had his bosses' daughter.  Baker told police he thought a kidnapper took his daughter, Zahra Baker.

An officer went to the home and searched the house with assistance from Adam and Elisa Baker.

On Sunday, Maria Claxton with the South Carolina Search and Rescue Dog Association was called to the home at the request of police and the FBI.

Claxton walked the dog around the Bakers' home and their vehicles.  The warrant states that around 1 p.m., the canine "gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on both vehicles, the silver in color Chevrolet Tahoe... and the burgundy in color Toyota Camry..."

The vehicles were taken to the Hickory Police Department where agents with the North Carolina SBI and FBI assisted police officers in gathering evidence.

According to the search warrant, the items removed from the Chevrolet Tahoe and Toyota Camry include: Duke Power bill, numerous papers with writings and phone numbers, assorted receipts, (3) passports with paperwork, (2) toothbrushes, hair brush, assorted ink pens, (2) lighters, (2) pillows, sheet, comforter, (3) gas cans, (4) burnt samples from Tahoe and brush pile, pink jacket, plastic bowl with green vegg. matter, assorted drug paraphernalia, Chinese take-out menu, 1990 Burgundy Toyota Camry, latent lift, photos, and Chevy Tahoe.

In addition to taking photographs of both vehicles, three swabs of a substance which police said appeared to be blood were also taken from the Chevrolet Tahoe.

On Sunday, police charged Elisa Baker with various unrelated offenses.  She was taken to the Catawba County Jail.  On Monday, police charged her with felony obstruction of justice after they say she admitted to writing the ransom note.

Neither she nor Adam Baker have been charged with Zahra's disappearance at this time.

Edit to change red color to blue, with red & maroon reserved for use by admin & mods.  MuffyBee

One for AB, one for EB and one for Zahra.

Why they were in the truck is anyone's guess - maybe left there since their latest move?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/zahras-mum-tells-of-her-anguish-20101114-17slo.html

Zahra's mum tells of her anguish November 14, 2010 - 8:25PM

Zahra Baker's Australian birth mother says she has been "crushed" by the mystery surrounding her daughter's death.

Emily Dietrich has gone to Hickory in North Carolina where US police have found bones they've confirmed are her missing 10-year-old daughter Zahra Baker.

North Carolina police have been looking for the young girl - who lost part of a leg to bone cancer five years ago - since her father Adam Baker and stepmother Elisa Baker reported her missing on October 9.

Advertisement: Story continues below "Still hurt, still crushed," Ms Dietrich told the Seven Network from Hickory, North Carolina, today.

"It didn't make a difference trying to prepare myself it didn't make a difference to anybody.

"As hard as it was to hear the news they were telling me it was just as hard to watch them cry while they told me and apologised to me. All they wanted was to find her and bring her back alive."

But that wasn't going to happen.

"I have to take a step back and think of the possibility that maybe Adam wasn't involved and maybe he is hurting as well.

"I can't even attempt to guess the type of anger that's going to come out of me when we find out."

Ms Dietrich, from Wagga Wagga in southwestern NSW, said that since arriving in the US she’d been flooded with sympathy from locals and felt proud that her daughter had brought a community together.

US police earlier said they’d found a set of remains eight kilometres from where one of Zahra’s bones was found.

That bone was discovered in brush, alongside Zahra’s prosthetic leg, in an area near where the family lived until mid-September.

Zahra’s 42-year-old stepmother, Elisa Baker, is currently in custody, charged with trying to throw off investigators with a bogus ransom note.

Her 33-year-old father, Adam Baker, has been arrested on charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance and is free on bail.

He is facing one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless cheques, authorities said.

Ms Dietrich has said that several times she had tried unsuccessfully to make contact with Zahra, using the internet to track her down, but would lose contact when her father would unexpectedly take her daughter somewhere else.

‘‘I can’t explain the anger, the hurt,’’ she said.‘‘He had no right to do any of it, to keep her from me.’’

She said she didn’t know her daughter - whose cancer had forced her to use a prosthetic leg and hearing aids - had moved to the US until three days before Zahra was reported missing in early October.

‘‘I never got to say goodbye. I never even got to say hello,’’ she said.

‘‘Unless you understand the story, you won’t understand the pain.’’

Ms Dietrich hasn’t seen Zahra since she was eight months old. Her father took her to America a year ago after meeting Elisa Baker on the internet.

AAP

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2010, 05:01:13 AM »

Whatever AB has to say won't pass the B.S. meter:

crazybabyborg
« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2010, 05:35:41 AM »

Awwwww, Thanks, Jackie!! You did a great job and it's so nice to see them together!!!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2010, 05:56:01 AM »

Beautiful CBB!

R. I. P. Zahra.   an angelic monkey

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: November 14, 2010, 06:00:24 AM »

Zahra's Townsville-based aunt and uncle, who have been reluctant to enter the media spotlight, said yesterday they preferred to privately support Adam and his mother Karen Baker, who flew from her Newcastle home two weeks ago to be by her son's side.     And just because of that I wouldn't do the white daisy, even though they are beautiful, I would go with the sunflower like other people are doing.
It's not amazing how many "relatives" will be crawling out from underneath their rotten logs to tell everyone how much they "loved" Zahra.  Sorry, I am so angry today.  NoRose, I agree . . . a sunflower, white roses . . . anything that doesn't signify support of the Baker clan.  Don't mean to be offensive to anyone, I and most of the world are just offended by Zahra's death.

I agree. No daisies.

White roses as her mother chose.

I missed somehting.  I don't understand the "no daisies" thing.

I believe the daisies is the idea of the Baker family and right now there aren't many of us that feel the Baker family had Zahra's best interest at heart.

OOOPPPS!!  The picture I made the other day of Zahra with the daisies was made in good taste - I had no idea it was the Bakers idea - in no way am I supportive of them. 

KCJackie, it was a beautiful picture thank you and made straight from the heart.

No need to apologize, IMO.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: November 14, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »

tibro - I have found it difficult to post here.  I wish to thank you for all
that you have contributed from your side of the world.  Good on you.

May the white tea roses you purchased so lovingly in Zahra's name, bloom and thrive always.  an angelic monkey

Hugs and comfort to you.

can     

Thank you Can.  I have been honoured to help monkeys understand "our" way of doing things as although I have been here for years following Natalee's case, it is not often that  other cases involve Australia.  Just so sad that such a tragic story had to happen that involved both our countries.

I know the roses will be a comfort to me and I feel that any flower or plant anyone chooses to honour someone is correct as it is always done with love and in remembrance.

Well said Tibro. 

o/t with hope that one day Natalee can be properly put to rest.

an angelic monkey
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: November 14, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »

Thank You!!!

I wanna kiss, too!

Nice pictures, Jackie!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: November 14, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »

Kahra, AB, and the Imagi-Nanny?

No, EB also had one because she had traveled to Australia.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: November 14, 2010, 06:42:38 AM »

One for AB, one for EB and one for Zahra.

Why they were in the truck is anyone's guess - maybe left there since their latest move?

Thanks, Tibro.  Maybe that is their filing cabinet, they move around so much, that may be the only permanent place they have.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: November 14, 2010, 07:55:20 AM »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/zahras-mum-tells-of-her-anguish-20101114-17slo.html

Zahra's mum tells of her anguish November 14, 2010 - 8:25PM

Zahra Baker's Australian birth mother says she has been "crushed" by the mystery surrounding her daughter's death.

Emily Dietrich has gone to Hickory in North Carolina where US police have found bones they've confirmed are her missing 10-year-old daughter Zahra Baker.

North Carolina police have been looking for the young girl - who lost part of a leg to bone cancer five years ago - since her father Adam Baker and stepmother Elisa Baker reported her missing on October 9.

Advertisement: Story continues below "Still hurt, still crushed," Ms Dietrich told the Seven Network from Hickory, North Carolina, today.

"It didn't make a difference trying to prepare myself it didn't make a difference to anybody.

"As hard as it was to hear the news they were telling me it was just as hard to watch them cry while they told me and apologised to me. All they wanted was to find her and bring her back alive."

But that wasn't going to happen.

"I have to take a step back and think of the possibility that maybe Adam wasn't involved and maybe he is hurting as well.

"I can't even attempt to guess the type of anger that's going to come out of me when we find out."

Ms Dietrich, from Wagga Wagga in southwestern NSW, said that since arriving in the US she’d been flooded with sympathy from locals and felt proud that her daughter had brought a community together.

US police earlier said they’d found a set of remains eight kilometres from where one of Zahra’s bones was found.

That bone was discovered in brush, alongside Zahra’s prosthetic leg, in an area near where the family lived until mid-September.

Zahra’s 42-year-old stepmother, Elisa Baker, is currently in custody, charged with trying to throw off investigators with a bogus ransom note.

Her 33-year-old father, Adam Baker, has been arrested on charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance and is free on bail.

He is facing one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless cheques, authorities said.

Ms Dietrich has said that several times she had tried unsuccessfully to make contact with Zahra, using the internet to track her down, but would lose contact when her father would unexpectedly take her daughter somewhere else.

‘‘I can’t explain the anger, the hurt,’’ she said.‘‘He had no right to do any of it, to keep her from me.’’

She said she didn’t know her daughter - whose cancer had forced her to use a prosthetic leg and hearing aids - had moved to the US until three days before Zahra was reported missing in early October.

‘‘I never got to say goodbye. I never even got to say hello,’’ she said.

‘‘Unless you understand the story, you won’t understand the pain.’’

Ms Dietrich hasn’t seen Zahra since she was eight months old. Her father took her to America a year ago after meeting Elisa Baker on the internet.

AAP

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »

Beautiful CBB!

R. I. P. Zahra.   an angelic monkey

I love this.  Beautiful, CBB!

I believe in miracles!
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

Just a quick OT.

Is there a thread for Tina Herrman and Stephanie Sprang (and the two kids)? I have not seen one.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #738 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »

Sure wish there was a way for Emily to get the beautiful pictures that have been made on here, I think she would love and cherish them  an angelic monkey
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: November 14, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

(Zahra Baker) Moment of silence Aaron & Kristy Young Wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7NVS4VhZg&feature=share

Since Aaron Young and AB appear to have become "friends", was AB present at his wedding?

From someone who I know who is on one of the other boards, Adam was invited, but he declined as he didn't want the focus to be on him but rather their wedding. It was from one of the posts that AY is making on the Zahra FB boards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.