June 16, 2024, 06:31:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 181174 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

Maybe that is why the police were searching so hard in the mulch, if it is true that Zahra's leg and arms were put in the woodchipper    I am having a very hard time believing that part was done, but time will tell and more evidence may be given. Wouldn't there be so much blood in and around the woodchipper if that was done? I know they said some blood was found but it was a worker's blood? I may be wrong on that.
Maybe that is why the police were searching so hard in the mulch, if it is true that Zahra's leg and arms were put in the woodchipper    I am having a very hard time believing that part was done, but time will tell and more evidence may be given. Wouldn't there be so much blood in and around the woodchipper if that was done? I know they said some blood was found but it was a worker's blood? I may be wrong on that.

I believe that is speculation and hasn't been determined. 

Once they get these DNA profiles established, it should be easy to rule in or out.

From my understanding, running wood in the chipper following body parts, should clean it up somehow, especially if a lot wasn't sent through.

I'm of the opinion maybe it was attempted and abandoned and the remainder of the body was buried.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

Police: DNA evidence shows missing 10-year-old girl is deadBy the CNN Wire Staff
November 12, 2010 -- Updated 2127 GMT (0527 HKT)

<snipped>

Video - Press Conference

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/12/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

Those who missed the live feed can listen to the press conference at the about link.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »

Somehow I believe that ... unlike so many missing children ... justice is going to prevail for Zahra.

Later, Janet
2:16 PM PT 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »

Channel 9 WSOCtv will be airing a special on the Zahra case at 7 pm tonight. Not sure if it will be available online or not. There is a way to hook my tv to my computer but not smart enough to figure it out or I would stream it live.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »

Somehow I believe that ... unlike so many missing children ... justice is going to prevail for Zahra.

Later, Janet
2:16 PM PT 

I believe you are correct.

These officers, local LE, FBI, SBI- all those connected to this case, have given their all to bring justice for this child.

They will do all they can to bring this case to it's conclusion.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

Raw video of todays press conference:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »

Since LE removed sinks and drains while searching the house, I would think they believe Zahra was dismembered in the house. By the time the evil twins disposed of her body parts most blood would have been drained. I can't type this kind of crap anymore....too gruesome and I hate that my mind can go there.
Thank-you I should have known that  just can't imagine someone doing such a horrific thing.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »

What time is the vigil scheduled for, and where will it be held? 

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

Perhaps someone should have a poster representing scaredmonkeys?

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »

Police confirm remains found at Gunpowder Creek belong to missing girl Zahra Baker

* Tuck Thompson and wires
    * November 13, 2010 7:24AM

HICKORY Police Chief Tom Adkins has officially confirmed that the remains buried on the edge of Gunpowder Creek in North Carolina belong to missing girl Zahra Baker.

Adkins said “We have recovered enough physical evidence to know that the remains were of Zahra.”

“Our county mourns, our state mourns, and the nation mourns.”

He said the investigators, agents and staff that worked on the case are "devastated that we were unable to find Zhara alive".

Adkins said that DNA samples taken from Zahra's family members confirmed the identity of the remains.

Wagga Wagga-born Zahra, 10, was reported missing from her North Carolina home on October 9. Police have been searching for her for 35 days.

The Gunpowder Creek site is a secluded location used by hunters to dump deer carcasses and a short drive from where Zahra's American stepmother, Elisa Baker, once lived.

It is believed police search teams were directed to the site by Elisa, who is being held in custody on an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly writing a fake $US1 million ($A1.0 million) ransom note.

The discovery of the remains came just hours before Zahra's biological mother, Emily Dietrich, flew from Australia to the town of Hickory to view where her estranged daughter spent the last two years.

Zahra, who moved with her father Adam to live in the US with Elisa, had the lower half of her left leg amputated five years ago after being stricken by bone cancer.''

- Tuck Thompson and wires

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/police-confirm-remains-found-at-gunpowder-creek-belong-to-missing-girl-zahra-baker/story-e6freooo-1225952980210

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »

Is there a death penalty in NC? After re-reading details of young Zahra's abuse in the Timeline thread, I certainly hope so. I really, really hate the gruesome twosome. I hope they both get to rot in hell soon.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »

Raw video of todays press conference:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8B3sav8q43k?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;amp;color2=0xe87a9f</a>

2 friends have passed in a 24hr span, im overwhelmed
i do wish peace to the hearts of all involved with
the Zahra Baker case and....
lets not forget the dedicated men and women of LE

POLICEMAN

What is a Policeman?
A policeman is a composite of what all men are... a mingling of saint and sinners... dust and deity. Cold statistics wave the fan over the stinkers...underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are news.

What that REALLY means is they are exceptional, unusual - not commonplace. Buried under the froth is the fact that less than one half of one percent of policemen misfit that uniform. And that's a better average than among clergymen.

What is a policeman made of. He of all men is at one the most needed and the most unwanted... a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face... and "pig" to his back.

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals... so that each will think he won... But if the policeman is neat, he's a flirt. If he's not, he's a grouch.

In an instant he must make decisions which require months for a lawyer. But if he hurries, he's careless. If he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident... infallible with a diagnosis... he must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and above all be sure the victim goes home without a limp, or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun... draw on the run... and hit where it doesn't hurt. He must be able to whip two men his size and half his age....without damaging his uniform and without being brutal. If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

The policeman must, from a single human hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal.. and tell you where the criminal is hiding. But if he catches the criminal he's lucky... if he doesn't he's a dunce. If he gets promoted he has political pull. If he doesn't he's a dullard.

The policeman must chase bum leads to a dead end and stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen, but refused to remember.

He runs files and writes reports until his eyes ache to build a case against some felon who will get dealed out by a shameless shamus or an honorable who isn't.

A policeman must be a minister... social worker... a diplomat... a tough guy... and a gentleman.

And of course he will have to be a genius... for he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

-Author Unknown

A POLICE OFFICER'S PRAYER

Lord I ask for courage

Courage to face and
Conquer my own fears...

Courage to take me
Where others will not go...

I ask for strength

Strength of body to protect others
And strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication

Dedication to my job, to do it well
Dedication to my community
To keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern
For others who trust me
And compassion for those who need me...

And please Lord

Through it all
Be at my side...

--Author Unknown

thank you law enforcement for all you do

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2010, 05:31:53 PM »

Police confirm Zahra Baker's body found in woodland

* By staff writers
    * November 13, 2010 8:21AM

* Police confirm they have found Zahra
    * Enough evidence to believe remains are her
    * Girl's prosthetic leg found in landfill

HUMAN remains found in a wood in North Carolina earlier this week have been identified as those of missing Australian girl Zahra Baker.

The breakthrough in the tragic case of the missing 10-year-old Australian cancer survivor came when police matched Zahra's DNA with a bone found in bushland.

In a separate find, police search teams on Wednesday discovered human remains buried on the edge of Gunpowder Creek.

Hickory Police Department chief Tom Adkins said although tests have to be undertaken on the remains "they are consistent with a child''.

"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra,'' an emotional chief Adkins told reporters at a press conference.

"All the police working on the case are devastated we were not able to find Zahra alive," he said.

Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, reported the girl missing on October 9, but police announced days later that they were investigating the disappearance as a homicide.

Investigators, who have said Zahra was last seen on September 25, used cadaver dogs to search her family’s car and home.

Elisa Baker was arrested on unrelated charges after reporting the girl’s disappearance. She later admitted to writing a $1 million ransom note in connection with the case and was charged with obstruction of justice.

Adam Baker was later arrested on charges of writing bad checks.

Zahra was born in Australia but moved to the US after Adam Baker met the woman who would become her stepmother on the internet two years ago. Zahra suffered from hearing loss and had her lower leg amputated due to two bouts with cancer.

http://www.news.com.au/world/human-remains-found-in-search-for-zahra/story-e6frfkyi-1225952415625

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

I hope Adam is terrified.
they said he had a meeting with 2 of the step-monster's daughters.
I want him arrested.

I hope others find Adam before he is arrested and just beat the s**t out of him!!!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2010, 05:42:18 PM »

I want him arrested.

I hope others find Adam before he is arrested and just beat the s**t out of him!!!

Nice artwork, KC.

My neighbor says they should put both Adam and Elisa into the wood chipper, alive, feet first.

He is very upset about this horrific crime.

Now there is a great idea  and the one watching may just tell the truth.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

Hickory is 4 hours away and we are debating about attending.  It would be nice to meet up with our fellow monkey's as well.

6 PM Tuesday, IIRC.

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »

I want him arrested.

It will be interesting to see how quickly AB and his attorney are back at LE headquarters "ready to talk". 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

I am devastated.  Although this is what we all expected and had hoped for a resolution as to Zahra's whereabouts, the announcement is still no easier to bear.

I am in awe of the LE who searched and grieved during this case.  They are all family men and women and must have the most difficult time coping with a case as horrifying as this.  God bless them.

This case in all over our media this morning.  I will keep watch for any interviews or docos that may be televised in the days to come and link to here for the monkeys.

I have read through here this  morning and will try to answer those questions that I remember have been asked.

Karen Baker would have no legal rights on Zahra unless an Australian court gave her those rights, in which case I would expect Emily would not have been required to contribute the payments to our Child Welfare Dept which in turn were remitted to Adam's bank account.

I do not know of any fund set up here for funeral expenses for Emily to bring Zahra home.  Nightowl may know of something in the Townsville area.  It depends on personal beliefs but in cases such as dismemberment of a body, cremation is the preferred option and bringing Zahra's ashes home would not incur any expense.

I wish a safe journey to those who plan to attend the vigil.  I will be there with you in spirit.

Thank you to the clever monkeys who calm us with their art work.  Also thank you to Klaas for holding this thread together with such a sad but angry bunch of monkeys.

I am now heading out to my local plant nursery to purchase a native Daisy which I will plant close to my living room window as a permanent reminder of our sweet Zahra.

Go in peace with the angels little one.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »

Emily's family and friends have the following rose on their FB for Emily.  The daisy was started by the Bakers after Emily's friends started the rose.  If Emily is at the memorial it would probably mean a lot to her to see a few of these around her. 

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »

I have a question.  I don't know the whole details on the Grand Jury process so bear with me.  I'm assuming that the possible suspect is NOT brought in to be questioned in front of the Grand Jury, correct?  It seems quite likely that both AB and EB were in this together in some fashion and both would be charged in Zahra's death.
So, I would guess then that EB could not be brought in to be questioned for the possible charges to be pressed on AB because then EB would be implicating herself.  And the same in the other direction - AB wouldn't be brought in to be questioned for possible charges on EB because he would be implicating HIMself.

Am I making you dizzy yet?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

<snipped>

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - An advocacy group plans a candlelight vigil on the birthday of a missing North Carolina girl.

The Children Protection Council of Catawba County says Tuesday's vigil in Hickory will honor Zahra Baker, who will turn 11 that day. The vigil will be held at from 6 to 7 pm at Union Square.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13487710
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.