June 03, 2024, 09:21:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #7 11/11/10 - 11/15/10  (Read 180748 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »

This was just posted on FB:

Nancy Grace
Just revealed: 10-year-old Zahra's stepmom reportedly told investigators the girl's body was dismembered & parts were spread in various locations, according to explosive new case documents asking for a lower bond!

Show Pages - Nancy Grace - CNN.com
www.cnn.com
Urgent -- The wait intensifies for test results on a bone that police reportedly say may be connected to missing Zahra, while the 10-year-old girl's stepmom allegedly says she was too scared to call 911 when she claims she found Zahra dead. Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:45 PM »

Does anyone know where the vigil in Georgia is going to be?  I believe it was reported that there will be one in Georgia as well as some other states.

TIA
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

So Australia is 17.75 hours ahead of the PST in the US and that would make it Zahra's birthday now, as far as Australian time.

Happy Birthday Zahra!  an angelic monkey

Hi Sassifrass.  Yes it is Tuesday 16th Nov here right now and Zahra's birthday.  I can visualise her having a wonderful birthday party with all the other children who have passed over, all lovingly tended by Angels.

Your time calculation landed on our Central Aust time zone.  I did a calculation so I could join with the vigil at 6 pm and found that 6 pm NC Time is 10 am our Eastern Daylight Saving Time on the following day.  Because it is spring/summer here all our eastern states are in daylight saving time mode except for Queensland (Zahra's home state) and that remains on Aust Eastern Standard Time and will be 9 am for the start of the vigil.

This is a great tool :

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Thank you for forwarding those wonderful pictures to Emily.

I did read some days ago that Emily was only making a short visit to US this time, probably because of the news team restraints, and would return later.  I do hope she gains some comfort from being home with her other children, but I can barely imagine what today must be like for her.  Bless you Emily.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »

LEP you are faster than me.

Has any one seen where Websluthes have started A Wall Of Shame and the first person on it is Nancy Grace.

geezeeee....I figured WS would be # 1 on that list 

Pot calling kettle much...then again although NG can be grating & not always Miss Manners she has nothing to be in the "Wall of Shame" over IMHO -- Those bunch of wannabes over there have sipped way too much koolaid & are sharing those "funny vitamins" with "Wray of sunshine"

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »

Killian said Adam Baker took news of his daughter's death as "shock... just the worst nightmare."
   How TH can Adam say the news of Zahra's death was a shock?  He figured she did not need her prosthetic or the bone they found in that area anymore and would be just fine sitting on the side of the road waiting to be picked up?

The only shock this POS would feel is how quickly the LE realised what had likely happened and went on to locate the evidence.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #925 on: November 15, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »

Nancy Grace
Just revealed: 10-year-old Zahra's stepmom reportedly told investigators the girl's body was dismembered & parts were spread in various locations, according to explosive new case documents asking for a lower bond!

www.cnn.com
Urgent -- The wait intensifies for test results on a bone that police reportedly say may be connected to missing Zahra, while the 10-year-old girl's stepmom allegedly says she was too scared to call 911 when she claims she found Zahra dead. Nancy Grace has the latest breaking developments, 8 & 10 p.
Asking for a lower bond, well good luck with that after info like that 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: November 15, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: November 15, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »

I just noticed there is more to that article and a video.

Here is the the rest

Exclusive: Zahra Baker's Stepmom Says She 'Ain't the Monster' (with video)
Letter From Elisa Baker Talks About Life Without Zahra Before Body Found

Two weeks before police announced they had discovered Zahra Baker's remains, her stepmother indicated in a jailhouse letter that the child was dead, but expressed no remorse or guilt -- only self-pity and vague accusations against her husband.

"I was trying to save us both, but why should I? He is letting everyone destroy me," Elisa Baker wrote referring to Zahra's father, Adam Baker.

Elisa Baker is in jail charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly admitting to writing a fake ransom note after 10-year-old Zahra disappeared. The remains of the girl, who lost her left leg to bone cancer, were discovered last week in two separate locations. Her prosthetic leg had been found elsewhere earlier in the search.

In an earlier letter Baker wrote, "We really didn't kill her, but what he [Adam Baker] did after the fact is kinda horrifying."

In the latest letter, obtained exclusively by ABC News, Baker said she "ain't the monster people are saying."

She also said she was frustrated by her lawyer's refusal to allow her to do TV interview requests. "I want a chance to be heard damn it. This is my life and everyone is playing with and I have no control over what is said or done," she wrote.

She sarcastically commented on the negative media attention she's received. "Maybe I should just change my name to Evil, what do you think? LOL."

In the letter, written to crime memorabilia dealer Eric Gein, Baker says she will be living alone when she gets out of prison. In three rambling pages, she never mentions Zahra or any concern for her stepdaughter, who was still a missing person when the letter was written on Oct. 29. She also doesn't cite any remorse for the girl's disappearance.

Gein, who runs the website SerialKillersInk.net, told ABC News he contacted Elisa Baker by letter weeks ago under an assumed name. The most recent letter is the third he received in return.

ABC News has learned that Lisa Dubs, a capital punishment attorney, has been "provisionally appointed for any potential homicide charge" in Baker's defense, according to Baker's primary attorney Scott Reilly.

"Unfortunately, this man, who apparently goes by the false persona of 'Damien' used fraud and deceit with the sole intention of profiting from the disappearance of Zahra Baker," Dubs said in a statement to ABC News. "Ms. Baker unfortunately believed this man's representations that he only wanted to offer friendship and support during her incarceration. Much of the information in these letters is in response to specific questions posed by this man.

"The release of these letters is regrettable and only serves to sensationalize an already complicated situation," she added.

Adam Baker's Attorney Calls Elisa Baker's Accusations 'Desperate'
In the previous letter also obtained by ABC News, Elisa Baker, 42, maintained neither she nor her husband killed Zahra, but that the father did something "horrifying" after the girl was dead. In the new letter, she said she is working with police to get him locked up "for [her] safety."

"My family will never believe Adam has done what he has," the letter says. "I am helping the cops try and get my soon-to-be ex-husband in here. The cops promised if I would help them with what I know, they would keep him locked up for my safety... I was trying to save us both, but why should I? He is letting everyone destroy me."

Adam Baker, 33, is currently free on bail after he was arrested on unrelated charges last month

Mark Killian, an attorney for Adam Baker, said news of the letter is just another painful hit for the man who learned his daughter was dead on Friday.

"These accusations are... I don't know know what to say," Killian told ABC News. "Mr. Baker obviously categorically denies any of this.... We just see these writings as desperate attempts of someone incarcerated to divert attention away."

Killian said Adam Baker took news of his daughter's death as "shock... just the worst nightmare."

In the letter Elisa said she feels like a "freak in a carnival" whenever she's in view of the media's cameras and is concerned about being attacked while in prison.

"[But it's] not like I am not able to defend my freaking self," she writes.

The letter is signed, "Dark Wishes, Elesa." She claims in the letter she had changed her name from Elisa to Elesa.

Zahra's Biological Mother Hopes Adam Baker Not Involved
Zahra Baker's Australian biological mother said Sunday she is trying to believe the girl's father was not involved in her death.

"I have to take a step back and think of the possibility that maybe Adam [Baker] wasn't involved and maybe he is hurting as well," Emily Dietrich told the Australia-based Seven Network.

Dietrich, who lives in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, had given Baker custody of Zahra when she suffered post-natal depression. She told the television station she hadn't seen her daughter since the girl was 8 months old and didn't now that Baker had taken her to the United States until days before she was reported missing, Oct. 9.

"I can't explain the anger, the hurt," she said. "He had no right to do any of it, to keep her from me."

The girl's remains were discovered last week during a search in Caldwell County, N.C., where the Baker family previously lived.

Zahra was reported missing by her stepmother and father on Oct. 9, but police say no one outside of the family has reported seeing her since Sept. 25.

The girl had a grueling life. Stricken with bone cancer, she lost her left leg and much of her hearing. Relatives and neighbors said that Elisa Baker, was abusive to Zahra, who was often bruised.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-exclusive-elisa-baker-jailhouse-letter/story?id=12145895&page=3

Hey there Northern~tks for posting the full article.

I put in bold another comment or two from this witch, it is very clear from these statements that SHE is trying to pin this solely on AB not the other way around.   It is self-absorbed, calculated & obvious.   She may think she has been fooling everyone but what she has been doing is sealing her own fate - Two names come up immediately when reading her accusations Susan Smith, Casey Anthony....enough said.

As far as this guy contacting her with a fake identity, scum seeking out the scum for a quick buck.   He really needs to get shut down, what he does is despicable & disgusting.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #928 on: November 15, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »

Does anyone know where the vigil in Georgia is going to be?  I believe it was reported that there will be one in Georgia as well as some other states.

TIA

I have searched for that for about an hour and found no address or location in Georgia for the vigil there.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:26 PM »

Kristie Austin Pope (owner of The Zahra Project FB page)  Unable to post link

I know this:
"Zahra loved to make bracelets, which I think it would be an awesome idea to have ppl make bracelets and/or necklaces for her. She loved Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets, etc. She is a little girl, she generally liked to do anything. She really liked Koala bears, her step sister says that was the one animal she can remember that she really liked. So I think Koalas, bracelets, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets is a good start. Oh yea her favorite colors are pink, purple and blue! The bracelet idea comes from the fact that this past christmas she took the time to make everyone a bracelet and a card."

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #930 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »

HICKORY, N.C. -- A bond reduction request filed Monday for Elisa Baker reveals new details on how she helped detectives in the Zahra Baker case.

According to the court document, Elisa Baker told her attorneys on Oct. 22 that she knew the circumstances surrounding the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old. That night, her defense team located a significant piece of evidence in the case that was later turned over the law enforcement officials, the paperwork says.

Within 48 hours, police were told that Zahra was dead and that her body was dismembered and would be recovered at different locations, according to the document. Elisa Baker’s attorneys suggested that she could show police the exact locations.

Elisa Baker was taken out of jail at one point during the investigation and led police to three different sites, including the Dudley Shoals area and the Christie Road area, both of which are in Caldwell County. Remains that police believe are Zahra’s were found in the Dudley Shoals area and Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found off Christie Road.

Elisa Baker also confirmed to police that a mattress found at a landfill was consistent with one that had been placed in a dumpster, the document said. In addition, she told them additional evidence could be found in the family’s Hickory home, according to the document.

Her attorneys argue that her bond should be reduced because her cooperation led police to much of the evidence in the case. In addition, they said that due to the international attention the case has garnered, Elisa Baker is now instantly recognizable and would not be able to easily avoid detection if she left the area.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25801554/detail.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: November 15, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »

Brandi this is beautiful with the Australian connection. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #932 on: November 15, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »

TIA

I have searched for that for about an hour and found no address or location in Georgia for the vigil there.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/15/1841192/vigil-planned-tuesday-for-zahras.html
snipped

The vigil will begin at 6 p.m. at Union Square in downtown Hickory. All stuffed animals brought to the vigil will be donated to the "Cops for Tots" program.

snipped...
Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/15/1841192/vigil-planned-tuesday-for-zahras.html#ixzz15OaRXo8H

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #933 on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »

As always Brandi, beautiful!  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »

Nancy Grace

www.cnn.com

OMG. And she wants a lower bond after that admission?

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #935 on: November 15, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »

TIA

Klaas,

MK actually stated that there would be one in Georgia but she state the time.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: November 15, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »

TIA

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/15/1841192/vigil-planned-tuesday-for-zahras.html
snipped

The vigil will begin at 6 p.m. at Union Square in downtown Hickory. All stuffed animals brought to the vigil will be donated to the "Cops for Tots" program.

snipped...
Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/15/1841192/vigil-planned-tuesday-for-zahras.html#ixzz15OaRXo8H

Thanks Seahorse - there was talk about a vigil also in Georgia so I was hoping we could find that.  I guess the weather is really bad and those that were thinking about a 4+ hour drive are reconsidering.    Georgia would be closer for some of them.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #937 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »

Nancy Grace

www.cnn.com

OMG. And she wants a lower bond after that admission?

HICKORY, N.C. -- A bond reduction request filed Monday for Elisa Baker reveals new details on how she helped detectives in the Zahra Baker case.

According to the court document, Elisa Baker told her attorneys on Oct. 22 that she knew the circumstances surrounding the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old. That night, her defense team located a significant piece of evidence in the case that was later turned over the law enforcement officials, the paperwork says.

Within 48 hours, police were told that Zahra was dead and that her body was dismembered and would be recovered at different locations, according to the document. Elisa Baker’s attorneys suggested that she could show police the exact locations.

Elisa Baker was taken out of jail at one point during the investigation and led police to three different sites, including the Dudley Shoals area and the Christie Road area, both of which are in Caldwell County. Remains that police believe are Zahra’s were found in the Dudley Shoals area and Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found off Christie Road.

Elisa Baker also confirmed to police that a mattress found at a landfill was consistent with one that had been placed in a dumpster, the document said. In addition, she told them additional evidence could be found in the family’s Hickory home, according to the document.

Her attorneys argue that her bond should be reduced because her cooperation led police to much of the evidence in the case. In addition, they said that due to the international attention the case has garnered, Elisa Baker is now instantly recognizable and would not be able to easily avoid detection if she left the area.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25801554/detail.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

New Developments in the Zahra Baker Case

HICKORY, N.C.--We are following new developments in the Zahra Baker case.  An attorney is trying to get her stepmother's $40,000 bond lowered.  Elisa Baker is in the Catawba County Jail charged with Obstruction of Justice.  Police say she admitted to writing a fake ransom note. 

Baker's attorney filed paperwork Monday saying her bond should be lowered because she is the one who led investigators to Zahra's remains.  DNA confirms a bone found in Caldwell County belongs to the little girl. 

There is a candlelight vigil Tuesday night on what would have been Zahra's 11th birthday.  It's from 6-7 p.m. at Union Square in downtown Hickory. 

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/top-stories/New-Developments-in-the-Zahra-Baker-Case-108263164.html
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: November 15, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632770/vigils-planned-to-honor-zahra--search-for-evidence-continues

7:10 AM
Vigils planned to honor Zahra; search for evidence continues

By: Becky Bereiter

CHARLOTTE -- Hickory Police say two-man search crews are back at various locations Monday looking for more evidence into the Zahra Baker investigation. This news comes three days after an emotional press conference from Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins, who said they had received enough evidence to believe they have found the little girl's body.

It's still an emotional time for family members and the Hickory community as they wait for more answers in this case. Meanwhile, attention Tuesday turns to celebrating Zahra's life on what would have been her 11th birthday.

News 14 Carolina has learned people all over the world are holding events Tuesday in Australia, Canada, Georgia, Ohio and, of course, in North Carolina.

In an interview with Australia's 7 News, Zahra's biological mother, Emily Dietrich, said she's proud of how her daughter's smile has brought the world together and has brought compassion back to people's hearts. She also said she's incredibly thankful for the support and compassion brought forth by investigators throughout this entire process.

"As hard as it was to hear what they were telling me, it was just as hard to sit there and watch them cry as they told me and apologized to me and couldn't find her and bring her back to me," said Dietrich. "All they wanted was to bring them back to me alive. You could see the pain when they were telling me that it wasn't going to happen."

A vigil will be held in Hickory for Zahra Tuesday. It will run from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Union Square downtown. Organizers say any toys brought by attendees will be donated to the local Christmas bureau. Adkins is planning to speak at that vigil, as well.

This isn't the first time I've seen it posted where the vigils are planned~

"... people all over the world are holding events Tuesday in Australia, Canada, Georgia, Ohio and, of course, in North Carolina"

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.