March 28, 2024, 08:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lori Blaylock, missing since Oct 28, 2010 Bend Oregon  (Read 16293 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 06:10:58 AM »

Body in N. Santiam River Appears to Have Moved
Saturday, January 08th 2011 12:13pm 

Linn County Undersheriff reports that their dive teams have discovered that the body found in the water of north Santiam River had moved. Police believe that it is the body of missing bend woman, Lori Blaylock. A written report states that a dive team went into the water where they last found the body and determined that the body must have been dislodged from the underwater debris where it was trapped. Now, they have to begin the search again.  The 48 year old Blaylock was reported missing on November 2nd when she failed to show up for her job at St. Charles Medical Center. Her husband, Steven Blaylock, 46,  is indicted on one count of murder in her disappearance. He is scheduled to enter a plea in Deschutes County Court on January 20th.
http://www.kbnd.com/page.php?page_id=60247&article_id=4457

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

http://www.democratherald.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_fdeae548-25f5-11e0-af15-001cc4c03286.html
Linn halts search for body
January 22, 2011

The Linn County sheriff’s office has temporarily called off the search for the body of a Bend woman believed to have been killed and dumped in the North Santiam River some three months ago.

Searches by the Linn County dive team of the North Santiam River and Detroit Lake, the most recent on Thursday, didn’t turn up the body.

Lori Blaylock, 48, has been missing since Oct. 28. Deschutes County has charged her husband, Steven Blaylock, with her murder.

In December, kayakers  spotted what they and police believe was Lori Blaylock’s body. A dive team was dispatched, but the water level had risen and the team did not find the body.

“The water level has fluctuated so much,” said Linn Sheriff Tim Mueller. “We have been up there many times, using quite a bit of manpower.”

From 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, about 40 personnel searched 10 miles from the mouth of the North Santiam River to Detroit Reservoir, on both sides of the bank and in the water — the area where Blaylock indicated he dumped the body, the sheriff said.

Mueller said conditions in the river have made the search extremely difficult.

“Divers couldn’t see 2 inches away from their face, it was so muddy,” he said.  The river is also full of debris and moving dangerously fast, he added.

“I’m not trying to be harsh,” Mueller said, “but I am not going to risk someone’s life on finding a dead person. Until river conditions change, we’re done.”

The search is to resume in early to mid May, Mueller said. The Marion County Sheriff’s Office does not have its own dive team.

“We don’t like the fact the woman is in that river,” Mueller said. “We want Bend to get the criminal piece wrapped up and we want to get this lady home. She deserves that.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »

http://www.democratherald.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_fdeae548-25f5-11e0-af15-001cc4c03286.html
Linn halts search for body
January 22, 2011

The Linn County sheriff’s office has temporarily called off the search for the body of a Bend woman believed to have been killed and dumped in the North Santiam River some three months ago.

Searches by the Linn County dive team of the North Santiam River and Detroit Lake, the most recent on Thursday, didn’t turn up the body.

Lori Blaylock, 48, has been missing since Oct. 28. Deschutes County has charged her husband, Steven Blaylock, with her murder.

In December, kayakers  spotted what they and police believe was Lori Blaylock’s body. A dive team was dispatched, but the water level had risen and the team did not find the body.

“The water level has fluctuated so much,” said Linn Sheriff Tim Mueller. “We have been up there many times, using quite a bit of manpower.”

From 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, about 40 personnel searched 10 miles from the mouth of the North Santiam River to Detroit Reservoir, on both sides of the bank and in the water — the area where Blaylock indicated he dumped the body, the sheriff said.

Mueller said conditions in the river have made the search extremely difficult.

“Divers couldn’t see 2 inches away from their face, it was so muddy,” he said.  The river is also full of debris and moving dangerously fast, he added.

“I’m not trying to be harsh,” Mueller said, “but I am not going to risk someone’s life on finding a dead person. Until river conditions change, we’re done.”
The search is to resume in early to mid May, Mueller said. The Marion County Sheriff’s Office does not have its own dive team.

“We don’t like the fact the woman is in that river,” Mueller said. “We want Bend to get the criminal piece wrapped up and we want to get this lady home. She deserves that.”

i really think he could have made this statement a little more considerate, they way her referred to her, all be it she is deceased, it was cold and rude. he should have showed more tact and compassion. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/spotlight-on-the-missing-115-people-search-for-bend-woman-lori-blaylock
Spotlight on the Missing: 115 people search for Bend woman Lori Blaylock
April 5, 2011

BEND, Oregon -- Public safety workers and approximately 115 volunteers searched six miles of the North Santiam River on Saturday looking for any sign of 48-year-old Lori "Woody" Blaylock, ::snipping2::
The Marian County Sheriff’s Office said no major discoveries were made during  Saturday’s search.

The search spanned a six-mile stretch along the river as it feeds into the east end of Detroit Lake and an additional 4.5 miles of lake shoreline about 50 miles east of Salem.

Four boats were used to search the lakeshore and four cadaver dogs were used to search the riverbank and other areas, The Oregonian reports. ::snipping2::
A number of items were collected on Saturday and will be examined further to see if they are in any way related to the case, the sheriff’s office said. Police did not say what those items were.

Don Thomson, spokesman for the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said the search was extremely difficult due to weather conditions that included snow, rain, and sleet.
 ::snipping2::
Much more...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 07:00:31 AM »

How devastating for Lori Blaylock's loved ones . . . still not recovered.  My prayers for the volunteers and the loved ones.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »

Steven Blaylock Stuns Court with Body-Dumping Details

Posted by Rachelle Dragani on November 19, 2011 8:38 AM.

Steven Blaylock shocked the courtroom Thursday when he gave details about why he dumped his wife's body in a river after he murdered her.

According to a report from the Huffington Post, Blaylock said he recalls his late wife saying that if her remains couldn't be shot into space or buried at sea, she wanted to be scattered in a river to feed her friends, the fish.

Upon hearing Blaylock's emotionless telling of Lori 'Woody' Blaylock's wishes, her sister rushed out of the courtroom yelling 'You make me sick!'

::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: 
http://www.thirdage.com/news/steven-blaylock-stuns-court-with-body-dumping-details_11-19-2011

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

Human remains found in Santiam Canyon area  9-3-12

NEAR DETROIT LAKE, OR (KPTV) - Investigators are working to identify human remains found in the Santiam Canyon area outside of Detroit Lake.

The Marion County Sheriff's office says they were discovered Saturday.

The last search in the area for remains were connected to the murder of a Bend woman.

Investigators do not yet know if the remains are linked to that case.

Steven Blaylock, of Bend, was found guilty last fall of killing his wife Lori and dumping her body in a river.

snip
http://www.kptv.com/story/19443119/human-remains-found-in-santitam-canyon-area

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »

Finding of remains brings hope for Blaylock's friends
Mix of emotions about possible closure of murder case
September 3, 2012   
UPDATED: 6:25 PM PDT September 4, 2012

Finding of remains brings hope for Blaylock's friends
Mix of emotions about possible closure of murder case

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Finding-of-remains-brings-hope-for-Blaylock-s-friends/-/413192/16469788/-/140qtsp/-/index.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »

http://www.bendbulletin.com/article/20120905/NEWS0107/209050349/
Remains await identification
September 5, 2012

According to Marion County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Don Thomson, the remains were found about a mile from the water in a remote hunting area.

Thomson said there are no missing people in his county, and pointed to high-profile missing persons cases like Kyron Horman, the 9-year-old Portland boy who disappeared in June 2010, and Lori “Woody" Blaylock, the Bend woman whose husband murdered her in November 2010 and dumped her body in the North Santiam River near Marion Forks.

According to a press release, hunters found the skeletal remains off state Highway 22, near Niagara Park. That’s more than 25 miles from Marion Forks.

The bones have been sent to the medical examiner’s office. Thomson cautioned the remains might never be identified.

“It all depends on what we’re able to determine, on how many bones we collect," he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Authorities-try-to-ID-remains-at-Detroit-Lake-3837924.php
Authorities try to ID remains at Detroit Lake
Updated September 4, 2012

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Marion County officials say skeletal remains were found over the weekend in a remote area of the Santiam Canyon in the Cascade Range, and law enforcement officers said their thoughts immediately turned to a Bend woman whose husband was convicted of killing her.
After being arrested, her husband, Steven Blaylock, led officers to a spot along the North Santiam River, upstream of the site where hunters reported finding the remains Saturday, and said he had dumped her body there. He helped them find pieces of clothing hidden on the bank.

Several searches of the river and Detroit Lake turned up no remains. Kayakers told authorities in late 2010 they had seen a body tangled in a fallen tree, but by the time officers arrived, it was gone.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday the bones are believed to be human, no identification has been made, and the remains will be sent to the medical examiner's office.

Lt. Tad Larson, a sheriff's office spokesman, said he didn't know of any missing persons cases in Marion County that might be related to the discovery.

"Blaylock was the first one that came to my mind," Larson said.

He said he couldn't say what body parts were found, or exactly where. "I don't believe it was in the water," he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

http://www.bendbulletin.com/article/20120904/NEWS0107/209040379/
Remains spur talk of Blaylock body
Officials unsure if body belongs to murdered Bend woman

September 4, 2012

Lori Blaylock

The Marion County Sheriff's Office is investigating possible human remains found Saturday west of Detroit Lake, downstream from where Lori “Woody" Blaylock's body was dumped after she was murdered by her husband in 2010.

Bend Police Capt. Jim Porter said his office had not sent any personnel to the area and had no plans to get involved.

“We're letting local officials complete their investigation," Porter said. “We will wait to see if this is related to any cases that the Bend Police Department has been involved in."

Marion County Sheriff's Office Lt. Tad Larson said detectives had been at the site all weekend, and that the investigation was ongoing. Larson confirmed that possible human remains had been discovered, though he said he didn't know which parts of the body were found.
More...

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.