April 26, 2024, 06:40:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 86 yo Mildred Johnson Found Strangled in Her Houston, TX Home  (Read 2790 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101107-elderly-woman-strangled
Elderly Woman Found Strangled in Home
November 8, 2010

HOUSTON - A family is in mourning after an 86-year-old woman is killed and one of their own is the accused murderer.

Relatives say Mildred Johnson was one of the most giving people they have ever met. In fact, it is her charitable spirit that cost the elderly woman her life, family members say.

When relatives could not reach Johnson by telephone, they drove to her northwest Houston home Saturday around 8:30 p.m. and found her dead. They say things got even worse when they realized it was not natural causes that killed her. Family members say the 86-year-old had woman had obviously been strangled.

Credit cards, a flat screen television, the elderly woman's car and her live-in great niece were all missing. As Houston police detectives were inside the house investigating around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, relatives say Mildred Johnson's missing Buick was seen moving through the neighborhood. Police then caught up with the car.

Johnson's relatives say inside the Buick were Alexis Jones, Johnson's 24-year old great niece, and Jones' boyfriend.

Johnson's nephew Gary Thompson found her dead inside her home.

"I told my wife and my sister to get back and I came into the house. I found my aunt laying down on the floor, face down. I called 911. They were trying to tell me how to resuscitate her. So they told me I had to roll her over. I rolled her over and when I saw her condition I freaked out. It's very disappointing for a family member to kill a family member, especially when this family member takes care of you from the age of 5 and take you all the way through school, you go in and out of jail, drug rehab and she still takes you in and you kill her. The entire family didn't appreciate the girl being here, but my aunt said, 'I can't put her out. I love her.' My aunt's words were 'I'm not going to put her out. She needs somewhere to stay. I'm going to house her and I'm going to feed her'.

Alexis Jones is charged with theft for the items stolen from her aunt's home. Jones' boyfriend has not been charged. Both have extensive criminal records including drug, assault and theft charges for Jones. Then there are charges of theft, indecency and exposing himself to a child and failure to comply as a sex offender for Jones' boyfriend. Family members say Mildred Johnson was a retired HISD secretary who was well loved and did not deserve to die this way.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.