April 24, 2024, 08:51:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #36 11/21/10 - 12/05/10  (Read 182619 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong but what court documents contain anything about Terri Horman's alcohol issues?  I just looked them over again and don't see anything but I could be wrong, maybe I missed something. 

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/a/9/2/a92b2731-0d99-453a-80b8-3ed80892bf53/Horman_Paperwork.pdf

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/b/6/9/b69f88e8-b5dd-4ee7-a91d-7125fde7b948/SharpNews_koin.com_20101022_165135.pdf

Hi Fatcatlurker,
I think that these are the documents.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Kaine+October+25+Filing.pdf
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »

Please correct me if I am wrong but what court documents contain anything about Terri Horman's alcohol issues?  I just looked them over again and don't see anything but I could be wrong, maybe I missed something. 

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/a/9/2/a92b2731-0d99-453a-80b8-3ed80892bf53/Horman_Paperwork.pdf

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/b/6/9/b69f88e8-b5dd-4ee7-a91d-7125fde7b948/SharpNews_koin.com_20101022_165135.pdf

Hi Fatcatlurker,
I think that these are the documents.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Kaine+October+25+Filing.pdf

Thank you Sebastian I thought I must be missing something. 
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »

I read somewhere that Kiara was staying with Kaine's parents. Does anyone know if that is true or have a link to it? Isn't Kristain Horman due to get out of jail or already out? I wonder where he is or will be staying? Hopefully not in the same house with Kiara.

I heard that too, but have no recollection of where - Kaine has a demanding job, and even if he can work from home, he still has to be able to work; certainly cannot take care of a 2 yr old. 
Kaine was using a neighbour across the street to care for baby K. Not sure who or what he's using now.  I was told by Kaine's mother that Kaine's parents live in the Seattle area. She told me when I met her at the WOH.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »

all i have to say is that apparently TH was not hiding her drinking very well if KH saw her passed out, ect.  IF he knew she was passed out from drinking, and not taking care of Kitty, then he knew she was drinking. 

BBM  and with that knowledge, one would think that a parent would make arrangements for someone else to watch Kitty.
Kaine does assert in his filing that Terri was passed-out and Kitty was up walking around. 

So, I'm wondering why Kaine, having seen that happening, would go to bed without first making sure Kiara was safe in bed.  I just don't want to believe that Kaine "knew" that Terri was not looking after a toddler and Kaine went to bed anyway.  I just don't want to believe that...he's smarter than that (or at least I give him credit for being smarter than that). 

Another thought...could it be that Kaine wasn't going to bed before a normal time for a toddler to go to bed.  Is it possible that Kaine was not home?  That he came home so late (1:00 a.m. or whatever the time was - I believe it's in the filing) and found Terri passed out and Kiara still up with no one to watch her.  Kaine says that happened several times a week.  Was Kaine rarely home in the evenings?  If he was gone several times a week until the wee morning hours, where was he?  It wouldn't have been work...he was allowed to do work from home.  Just sayin'.

The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »

I read somewhere that Kiara was staying with Kaine's parents. Does anyone know if that is true or have a link to it? Isn't Kristain Horman due to get out of jail or already out? I wonder where he is or will be staying? Hopefully not in the same house with Kiara.
Oh WOW, I hope not......and I too heard Kristian was getting out, also heard rumors about KH's dad (course it could have been a lie from Kristian, but it's not unusual for someone who molest children to have been a victim-more the norm than not and I'm not saying every child molested becomes one, but the majority of molesters were victims)......

I would have thought she'd have stayed with Kaine and IIRC doesn't Intel have childcare? I just can't imaging my son disappearing and then letting my only child left stay somewhere else unless it was for safety reasons etc. Also, do his parents live in the same area. I am just curious since I can't recall seeing them anywhere but in some FB photos on Terri's FB

Uh-oh..."if" Kiara is in Washington with the grandparents, I can't see that it would be anything but trouble in court for Kaine in a custody battle ("if" Terri is not arrested, that is).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/25902944/detail.html
Horman Divorce Case On Hold Till Jan.
November 23, 2010

ORTLAND, Ore. -- The divorce case between Kaine and Terri Horman will be put on hold until next year.

Court documents filed yesterday show that the judge has decided to delay the case until Jan. 6.

The judge says he understands Kaine Horman is living, “any human’s worst nightmare.” He says that's because of Kaine Horman's missing son, Kyron, as well as other factors.

The judge adds it’s even worse because police told Kaine Horman in June of his wife’s alleged plot to have someone kill him, as well as her alleged involvement in Kyron’s disappearance.

The judge says it is in Kaine Horman’s best interests to move forward now, but it does not benefit the ultimate goal of finding Kyron. He says handling the divorce proceedings now carries the risk of compromising the criminal investigation.

MB - TY.  The part BBM is what Blink has told us several times.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

Another frustrating thing is that I was hopeful for a long time that the DA was holding off on arresting Terri due to trying to get information on an accomplice(s) and not wanting to arrest Terri too soon and harm the investigation into anyone else.  I no longer think that way. 

Dear Puzzler,
   Would you elaborate on this please? (If you haven't already, sorry, but am behind in my reading.) 
   In other words:  Why do you think that the DA is holding off on an arrest?

TIA,

K. Cat

Hi, Kokos.

Well, for me....in my frustration that no arrest has been made, I allowed my thinking to get caught up in that LE probably isn't arresting Terri yet because they've told us they're looking for another person(s).  So, I went along the trail of thinking that as soon as LE has all the evidence on the other person(s), that LE would arrest both Terri and the other person(s).  The main thing I was thinking was that - oh, LE just doesn't want to arrest Terri and "tip off" or "scare off" any other guilty party(s).  You might say that it was a kind of "enabling" I was giving LE. 

I am no longer enamored in that thought process.  It's no secret that LE is investigating Kyron's disappearance and, therefore, any "guilty party(s)" certainly know LE is trying to get evidence on them for an arrest.  So, in my mind, any party involved in Kyron's case doesn't need for LE to wait to arrest Terri.  I no longer think that LE is "waiting" to arrest Terro while they work on getting more evidence to arrest others.

I think that LE/DA doesn't have enough evidence to arrest Terri on and to make a case against her stick in a court of law. If LE did, she would be arrested the instant the evidence made it possible.   

Kaine has made a number of conflicting statements IMO with respect to Terri; however, there is one statement that I've heard Kaine say more than once that I do believe:  LE doesn't want to make an arrest too soon, the clock starts ticking at the point of arrest and they want to have enough evidence to make their arrest carry through to conviction in court.

In other words...IMO...it means LE doesn't have the evidence to secure a conviction against Terri.  I have to put aside my frustration and "accept" that as one of the few "facts" we actually do know.  If LE could arrest Terri, IMO, they'd do it in a heartbeat!!  They'd also keep on looking for evidence against any other party(s) that they may suspicion. 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »

all i have to say is that apparently TH was not hiding her drinking very well if KH saw her passed out, ect.  IF he knew she was passed out from drinking, and not taking care of Kitty, then he knew she was drinking. 

BBM  and with that knowledge, one would think that a parent would make arrangements for someone else to watch Kitty.
Kaine does assert in his filing that Terri was passed-out and Kitty was up walking around. 

So, I'm wondering why Kaine, having seen that happening, would go to bed without first making sure Kiara was safe in bed.  I just don't want to believe that Kaine "knew" that Terri was not looking after a toddler and Kaine went to bed anyway.  I just don't want to believe that...he's smarter than that (or at least I give him credit for being smarter than that). 

Another thought...could it be that Kaine wasn't going to bed before a normal time for a toddler to go to bed.  Is it possible that Kaine was not home?  That he came home so late (1:00 a.m. or whatever the time was - I believe it's in the filing) and found Terri passed out and Kiara still up with no one to watch her.  Kaine says that happened several times a week.  Was Kaine rarely home in the evenings?  If he was gone several times a week until the wee morning hours, where was he?  It wouldn't have been work...he was allowed to do work from home.  Just sayin'.

idk.  he also stated in the divorce docs. that he worked from home 3-5 days a week, so i am assuming that he was there at night as well.  so that just leaves me to believe that he sat there and watched her get trashed every night.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »

Another frustrating thing is that I was hopeful for a long time that the DA was holding off on arresting Terri due to trying to get information on an accomplice(s) and not wanting to arrest Terri too soon and harm the investigation into anyone else.  I no longer think that way. 

Dear Puzzler,
   Would you elaborate on this please? (If you haven't already, sorry, but am behind in my reading.) 
   In other words:  Why do you think that the DA is holding off on an arrest?

TIA,

K. Cat

Hi, Kokos.

Well, for me....in my frustration that no arrest has been made, I allowed my thinking to get caught up in that LE probably isn't arresting Terri yet because they've told us they're looking for another person(s).  So, I went along the trail of thinking that as soon as LE has all the evidence on the other person(s), that LE would arrest both Terri and the other person(s).  The main thing I was thinking was that - oh, LE just doesn't want to arrest Terri and "tip off" or "scare off" any other guilty party(s).  You might say that it was a kind of "enabling" I was giving LE. 

I am no longer enamored in that thought process.  It's no secret that LE is investigating Kyron's disappearance and, therefore, any "guilty party(s)" certainly know LE is trying to get evidence on them for an arrest.  So, in my mind, any party involved in Kyron's case doesn't need for LE to wait to arrest Terri.  I no longer think that LE is "waiting" to arrest Terro while they work on getting more evidence to arrest others.

I think that LE/DA doesn't have enough evidence to arrest Terri on and to make a case against her stick in a court of law. If LE did, she would be arrested the instant the evidence made it possible.   

Kaine has made a number of conflicting statements IMO with respect to Terri; however, there is one statement that I've heard Kaine say more than once that I do believe:  LE doesn't want to make an arrest too soon, the clock starts ticking at the point of arrest and they want to have enough evidence to make their arrest carry through to conviction in court.

In other words...IMO...it means LE doesn't have the evidence to secure a conviction against Terri.  I have to put aside my frustration and "accept" that as one of the few "facts" we actually do know.  If LE could arrest Terri, IMO, they'd do it in a heartbeat!!  They'd also keep on looking for evidence against any other party(s) that they may suspicion. 

To clarify that last paragraph: If LE could arrest Terri "and the DA make a case stick against her in court", IMO, they'd do it in a heartbeat!

Also, one more item - everytime I hear Kaine say that LE doesn't want to make an arrest too soon, because the clock starts ticking - I have always "heard" that to mean arrest "Terri" .  However....I don't believe I've actually every heard the words "arrest Terri" ....but don't want to make "an arrest" too soon. 

The hardest thing for me is to not "assume" that things I hear/read are what I'm thinking in my head; it's hard for me to keep looking at comments from with a neutral view.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44:16 PM »

idk.  he also stated in the divorce docs. that he worked from home 3-5 days a week, so i am assuming that he was there at night as well.  so that just leaves me to believe that he sat there and watched her get trashed every night.

Working from home 3-5 days a week reminds me of the day Kyron went missing: Kaine went to work for a number of hours and then came home and went upstairs to work from home.  He probably worked some at night, too, but just my way of thinking is that working from home is during the day...co-workers and supervisors, still have access to you during work hours.

Sitting there watching her get trashed...IDK...didn't think of that one.  That would be really bad on so many levels that my head is spinning with the thought of it.  Just today, though, I am wondering if he was away in those evenings and would come home late and find Terri passed-out drunk and Kiara still up.   

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

Posters pointed out early on that they felt TH was sleeping on the couch because of the sheets on the couch.  They were so right.

It could be that Kaine went to bed and TH did not. 

The baby was put in bed, and then TH went and got her if she stirred.

Then Kaine would hear the ruckus  and get up and find TH with the baby awake.

As far as the stumbling, etc, she could have said that it was her meds or?  and he believed her until he was helped to put 2 and 2 together.

I bet that there were people around who knew that TH was a drunk.

People who are not enmeshed in the family can spot it loud and clear.

Once TH was out of the picture, I bet they were telling KH all sorts of things about TH.

He connected the dots to make the ugly picture. 

You know the picture where there is a beautiful girl or an ugly witch.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

Geeze I didn't mean to chase anybody off.  I just think rationally with the information the man is being given by LE right up to this past Friday regarding Terri he has to do what he has to do in regards to Kiara.

What if she is guilty? 

I totally agree with your posts. But I sometimes feel that rational and logical go out the window when someone is disliked. I hate to sound like a Kaine Horman cheerleader, but I feel he is getting an unfair tarbrushing. Kaine is disliked by some, perhaps because there may be some projection going on, perhaps some mistaken sympathy for Terri (although I hope there would be no one that could identify with her on this forum!), or some personalizing of the Horman divorce/custody situation, etc. And when more information about Terri trickles out, then this is sneaky LE, 'leaking' info to try to unfairly trap Terri. LE is not on Kaine Horman's payroll. If they thought he was guilty, we'd be hearing a bunch of stuff about him as well; they have no "We hate Terri Horman, just because..." agenda. But... no matter what the facts are, they seem to be ignored or twisted through speculation to villify him further.
It's unavoidable I guess, because we are all entitled to our opinions and foibles, but I don't have to like it. Sad

Thank you for this post. I agree 100%. It has clearly gone way off track in the Kyron forum. It doesn't matter what happens in this case, there are some posters who will find a way to blame Kaine for it. He is a grieving, suffering parent of a missing child, and his pain is no less than Desiree's. This bashing of Kaine all the time is just mean, IMHO.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

Alcoholism is a family disease for a very good reason.  The roles and denial of all people involved.

Alcoholism is a very complicated disease.

Thank you Desdemona for all that info on female alkies.

I do not feel Kaine's statements are contradictory at all.  I  have listened to and watched people that are alcoholics.

It is amazing the stories that they come up with to deny their illness . Their families believe them. 

Until even the families see that there is a problem.  Sometimes the families never see it.  Quite often the alkie doesn't see the problem.

Very very interesting cunning disease.

I think the AA book says something about being powerless over alcohol, and I think the corresponding Al Anon literature says the same thing.

You are correct - the AA Big Book says that we are powerless over alcohol - but it mentions it only once. The reason I, from personal experience, believe that TH is likely an alcoholic is her behavior. I have never seen her drunk, since I do not know her. But I do know her actions. She is very self centered. She does not seem to take responsibility for her actions. The AA Big Book says "Our actor is self-centered-ego-centric, as people like to call it nowadays." and "Selfishness-self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity, we step on the toes of our fellows and they retaliate."  My personal opinion is that this fits the public image of TH,

IMO this supports KH claim that TH is an alcoholic (which is very different from a "drinking problem").  No one in my position makes a diagnosis as that is something the person must come to themselves but I do have the ability to spot the traits.

As for KH not doing anything about the drinking - I am not surprised. KH was likely overwhelmed by the problem. It is extreamly common for spouses/family of the alcoholic to just try to not make waves. They hope against hope the promises of the alcoholic that they will stop or change the behavior. Heck, the alcoholic believes that they will be able to change or control the behavior. Until the delusion that they can control or enjoy their drinking, the alcoholic will not make any real efforts at changing.

The long and short of it is that KH may have known he needed to do something different since it was not safe to have TH around the kids BUT he may have still had the flickering hope that TH would change. Most non-alcoholics that have not dealt with an recovered alcoholic have no clue what true powerlessness is. Heck, even my hubby does not get how I could walk into somewhere to get a Diet Coke and end up drunk. No matter how many times I tried, I always ended up drunk. I really did not want to.

I will tell a short story to show how good we are at fooling people - near the end of my drinking, my husband was worried that I had drank so much that I could be in physical danger. He took me to the emergency room of a large local hospital. When he told them his fears, the doctors and nurses told him he was nuts that I was sober. He finally talked them into doing a blood alcohol level. When it came back at .32 (amazing I know!) the doctor ordered it redrawn because he still would not believe I was drunk. If I could fool a group of professionals, it is not impossible that TH was able to fool and delude a lot of people. But this is just my experience and MOO.

@theboyzmom
WHAT A LADY !!!  What an Honest and Accomplished Lady!!!!!!!!  Congratulations on your sobriety.

My Hubby goes to bed at 7:00pm every night.  He leaves for work at 5:30am.  I stay up until all hours of the night.  I'm usually asleep when he leaves for work.  I start my day no earlier than 9:00am.  The point here isn't to give away my life's idiosyncrasies but rather to say that hubby wouldn't know what I was up to during the time he was asleep.  We've been married 35+ years now and yes, I kept these odd hours and still managed to raise 2 healthy children.  I was always up with them to prepare breakfast and be with them when the bus came at 7:10am.  I could have been drinking or doing anything one could imagine during his sleep time.  I guess that's why I give Kaine the benefit of the doubt when I ponder why TH's drinking to excess went unnoticed until it had advanced to alcoholism.    I imagine he's finding out many things that are very difficult to learn. 

I wish for all Monkeys to have a Blessed Thanksgiving.
God's richest Blessings on both the Young and Horman families.
Bless and guide all who search for Sweet Kyron.

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »

Geeze I didn't mean to chase anybody off.  I just think rationally with the information the man is being given by LE right up to this past Friday regarding Terri he has to do what he has to do in regards to Kiara.

What if she is guilty? 

I totally agree with your posts. But I sometimes feel that rational and logical go out the window when someone is disliked. I hate to sound like a Kaine Horman cheerleader, but I feel he is getting an unfair tarbrushing. Kaine is disliked by some, perhaps because there may be some projection going on, perhaps some mistaken sympathy for Terri (although I hope there would be no one that could identify with her on this forum!), or some personalizing of the Horman divorce/custody situation, etc. And when more information about Terri trickles out, then this is sneaky LE, 'leaking' info to try to unfairly trap Terri. LE is not on Kaine Horman's payroll. If they thought he was guilty, we'd be hearing a bunch of stuff about him as well; they have no "We hate Terri Horman, just because..." agenda. But... no matter what the facts are, they seem to be ignored or twisted through speculation to villify him further.
It's unavoidable I guess, because we are all entitled to our opinions and foibles, but I don't have to like it. Sad

Thank you for this post. I agree 100%. It has clearly gone way off track in the Kyron forum. It doesn't matter what happens in this case, there are some posters who will find a way to blame Kaine for it. He is a grieving, suffering parent of a missing child, and his pain is no less than Desiree's. This bashing of Kaine all the time is just mean, IMHO.

I think that we should be able to express our thoughts without being called "mean". It is his words that make me not trust him, no one elses but his.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »

What if she is guilty? 

I think that we should be able to express our thoughts without being called "mean". It is his words that make me not trust him, no one elses but his.

I don't recall reading that any one poster has blamed Kaine for Kyron going missing (correct me if I'm wrong).

But in talking about what kind of homelife Kyron was living in, yes, there are questions - IMO - and the questions have come up because of Kaine's own words (like Sebastain said). 

Kaine is the one recently, because Kaine is the one talking recently.  I'm sure if Desiree goes on TV next week, we'll all be talking about Desiree. 

If DeDe shows her face in public, I'm sure posters will be talking about that, too. 

We've gone over every word anyone else in the case has said - why wouldn't we go over all of Kaine's words, too?

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2010, 11:28:57 PM »

What if she is guilty? 

I think it also makes it worse following Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings, and now Zahra.  All of these parents are clearly not worthy of any sympathy what so ever.  I thought Ed Smart did it for the longest time.  I still think the Benets were involved.  And I know the Van Dams and Mark Lunsford were dragged thru the mud.  As bad as it sounds it happens.  Just walk away, breath,  and come back for Kyron. 

Kaine is doing exactly what he needs to do for Kyron and Kiara right now.  JMO.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2010, 11:35:30 PM »

What if she is guilty? 

I don't recall reading that any one poster has blamed Kaine for Kyron going missing (correct me if I'm wrong).

But in talking about what kind of homelife Kyron was living in, yes, there are questions - IMO - and the questions have come up because of Kaine's own words (like Sebastain said). 

Kaine is the one recently, because Kaine is the one talking recently.  I'm sure if Desiree goes on TV next week, we'll all be talking about Desiree. 

If DeDe shows her face in public, I'm sure posters will be talking about that, too. 

We've gone over every word anyone else in the case has said - why wouldn't we go over all of Kaine's words, too?

Well Deedle is posting on her page right now...hee hee.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2010, 11:39:51 PM »

What if she is guilty? 

Well Deedle is posting on her page right now...hee hee.

Oh geez, Deedle has her own page. Please do tell! I HAVE to check out that nonsense!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

Just Joking...ha ha ha.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »

Are you kidding there's like 10 facebook pages regarding this case and they are constantly doing battle with each other. 

If and when anyone here needs a laugh look them up.  There's even a page for Past/present supporters. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.