April 19, 2024, 04:10:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #36 11/21/10 - 12/05/10  (Read 182468 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »

I was asked to post this by a local who is simply trying to reach out to someone to do the right thing:

Today is the day that the person(s) responsible for Kyron's disappearance could make the choice to do the right thing. You cannot fix what has been done but you can step forward and do the right thing by Kyron now. Its not pretty, we accept that. I would like to remind you that the first one with a deal wins (let the race be on.) You may be worried about how your families will feel, knowing what you have done, that cannot be helped anymore; what is done is done. I guarantee you that they will have an easier time accepting what happened if you come forward on your own instead of waiting for the law to come drag you out of your homes. I believe in their heart of hearts they already suspect the truth and are struggling with how to handle it themselves. There is no shame in righting a wrong to the best of your ability. Lead someone to Kyron's little body one way or the other, its the last thing you can do for him. Please, right at least this one wrong.
Thank-you, this sounds a lot like another person a couple months back that posted something similar.

I've read very similar wording on GodLikeProductions several times over the past months posted by a poster called SoCalDreamer - she's from California (I believes she claims to be from San Diego).
Thank-you I never go on that website.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

<snipped>
[/quote]

PDH3

You are obviously not comprehending a simple post. Either that or you are deliberately twisting my words. I am asking you respectfully to STOP implying things that were NEVER SAID.

What I PLAINLY said was that Desiree could not have been under the impression that her marriage to Kaine was on firm ground because they were in the process of divorcing when the pregnancy was discovered. How hard is that to understand?
Anyone would understand that things were far from good in that situation. No one files for divorce when they have a great marriage, and everything is good, and both partners are happy.
That simply means that maybe she was hoping for more from Kaine than he was willing to give by that point in their relationship. Obviously he had no intention of a permanent reconciliation, and he had already moved on.

It's one thing to have an opinion. It's quite another misrepresent something as a fact when it's just a rumor....or someone's viewpoint.
[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the one statement I have been looking for, can you give me the link that states Desiree was in the process of divorce. because according to the transcripts and interview on DL, it comes across differently since she states he was not faithful to me and learned of Terri when she was 8 months pregnant?? If she knew they were in the process of divorce, how could call the affair with Terri cheating....

And Kyron's mother, Desiree, has provided more details. There have been reports in the Portland press that Desiree and Terri were old friends, but Desiree insists that couldn't be further from the truth. She says she only learned of Terri in 2002, when Desiree, while eight months pregnant with Kyron, says she found out that Kaine had started a relationship with Terri.DESIREE YOUNG: Unfortunately, Kaine was not faithful to me and met another woman.

KATE SNOW: That was Terri?

DESIREE YOUNG: Mm-hmm.

.KATE SNOW: So all of the sudden you know that there's another woman. You're eight months pregnant.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah.

KATE SNOW: Must have been a low point in your life.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. It was pretty hard to handle. I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something that was better than me and my son.

Kaine, however, insists that he and Desiree had broken up before he stated seeing Terri, agreeing to live separate lives under the same roof just until their baby came along. In any event, Kaine and Desiree eventually divorced.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports

Even her Kaine doesn't say they were in the process of divorcing, just broken up ~ I know many couples who break up/seperate to work things out and get back together, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: November 29, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »

I like this from the ADMIN of the Missing Kyron Horman facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/missing-kyron-horman/mkh-statistics-and-a-message-from-admin-lori/129447280426038

ATTENTION MKH MEMBERS, I would like to share a little bit of wisdom with you. I've learned this information for myself the "hard way." Please allow yourselves the opportunity to "Learn From My Fail"

As you probably know, people reach emotional maturity at different rates and some people never really get there. When you read a post that is insulting or rude to you or another member, try to remember that what you're seeing is someone throwing out evidence of their own emotional immaturity. (That's right, it's there for everyone to see...quite embarrassing, actually. You should be blushing.)

It's tough to do sometimes, but try to reassure yourself that if you don't take the bait (if you don't respond), you are displaying your own emotional maturity. You'll be happier for it and so will those around you. Please remember that you can't "win" these online arguments. You have two choices: You can respond with an equally childish response or you can "take the high road" and turn your focus to those members who are displaying their own emotional maturity by not engaging in online pettiness.

As I said, it's tough to do...sometimes REALLY, REALLY tough, but the more often you do it, the easier it gets.

I confess, honestly, that I am not always able to the right choice when someone upsets me. I make mistakes, like we all do, but I keep trying.

Remember, It's not a good idea to wrestle with a pig in the mud, the pig likes it and you'll both get dirty.

Consider this a public service announcement from admin Lori.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: November 29, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

I was asked to post this by a local who is simply trying to reach out to someone to do the right thing:

Today is the day that the person(s) responsible for Kyron's disappearance could make the choice to do the right thing. You cannot fix what has been done but you can step forward and do the right thing by Kyron now. Its not pretty, we accept that. I would like to remind you that the first one with a deal wins (let the race be on.) You may be worried about how your families will feel, knowing what you have done, that cannot be helped anymore; what is done is done. I guarantee you that they will have an easier time accepting what happened if you come forward on your own instead of waiting for the law to come drag you out of your homes. I believe in their heart of hearts they already suspect the truth and are struggling with how to handle it themselves. There is no shame in righting a wrong to the best of your ability. Lead someone to Kyron's little body one way or the other, its the last thing you can do for him. Please, right at least this one wrong.
Thank-you, this sounds a lot like another person a couple months back that posted something similar.

I've read very similar wording on GodLikeProductions several times over the past months posted by a poster called SoCalDreamer - she's from California (I believes she claims to be from San Diego).

FWIW - the person who sent it to me is not in California but I am.  I am not posting at GLP but I'm just saying that anyone can post and it doesn't mean they are the author.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »

Sorry guys, I cut my post short. I'm out of town and posting from my cell. I can't see pics either. (Poor baby, me- waah!) I cut my post short.  If the police/DA/GJ don't know what to charge Terri with- with all the hours, interviews, statements, they have- then how are we supposed to figure it out with our limited information? The more I look at this case, the more I'm convinced this is a set up. The main reason for my thinking this is the police wouldn't be releasing information on an ongoing criminal investigation and if they did give the parents any info, seeing how they go public through the media- it's info/rumor they don't care about getting out. In the begining of this case, that school was a crime scene. They lost 8-9, how many hours before Kyron was known to be missing? The school had NO security in place. Kyron could have been picked as a crime of opportunity and someone could have singled him out because they had an issue with Kaine- just as easily as Terri. As a rule, women don't like spending money on nothing. Terri could have bought a new house and car(s) with the moneys paid to Houze. If I didn't do something I was accused of, I'd get the best of the best to represent me. No, not attacking a grieving parent, just saying Kaine could have pissed someone off just as easy as Terri.

I don't believe Terri had that kind of money prior to Kyron going missing.  She would not have had a dime to spend if it weren't for that. JMO.

Terri must have had some money, if she hired a landscaper without Kaine's knowledge? There are so many inconsistencies in this case that it is rediculous to say the least. Let us just say that poor poor Terri was taking care of Kyron and Kiara and Kaine left her without a penny each week. Why on earth did she stay? Why didn't she leave and go to her parents if she was so broke? While I do not believe everything that Kaine says, I certainly have a hard time believing Terri as well. Again, Desiree is the only one in this circus who has been somewhat consistent in the things that she has said.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: November 29, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

Sebastian you are correct, Dave and Carrie are a class act forsure, no argument from me on that point.

I don't really know why Terri is not talking, I could only assume she is actually following the advice of her attorney. I think her pleading the 5th is in connection with the DA and Le not turning over any of the investigational findings in the missing persons case. I would assume the tacktic would be to avoid her unintentionally stating something which could be misunderstood and be as evidence against her. She is pleading the 5th in the divorce, not the criminal so I think for me, it is not that one thing that throws me off the fence.

So far for me, I have not read anything that makes me convinced she is guilty or responsible in anyway or she is not guilty or not responsible in someway, so here I sit on my fence tapping my fingers and waiting and waiting to hear news that Kyron has been found.

Hi Tracygirl!
You know how much I like you and your posts! We spent so much time together on Amber's thread, goodness! I understand how you could still be on the fence where Terri is concerned. I guess for me, I just keep thinking what I would do if I were in Terri's shoes. I would continue to look for Kyron and do anything and everything that I could to help LE in any way possible. That is exactly what Dave did. Dave put aside the fact that he was a suspect and continue to cooperate with LE. He also showed up for every vigil and helped in every single way possible. I am sure it hurt him deeply that people suspected him, but he put that aside and continued to help. He did that for AMBER. So, we have a woman who is more concerned about her own arsz than that of little Kyron. To make matters worse, FOR ME ANYWAYS, she also has not seen her own daughter in months. This daughter is not a grown-up, she is a little girl. What mother can do that? I agree that there is the possibility that Terri may be innocent and hired Houze to protect herself. I just cannot fathom ever doing what she is doing. I would rather sit in jail, knowing that I tried to help find Kyron, then to lawyer up. JMO

I know it appears she is not doing anything to find Kyron, although it is unconfirmed, I have been told there is a PI working on this through her lawyers and he is looking for Kyron. Again, just something I was told and nothing confirmed. It does make sense though because high priced attorneys usually come with PI services.
But honestly could she join in the search herself or go to the vigils? She has had death threats against her, She can't even leave the house. I think Desiree and Kaine would strangle her on sight. I think the situation with Dave is slightly different because Joe public wasn't told of LE's focus on him. As for her daughter, she has tried to see her daughter but has not been able to. I think this could be she doesn't want to see her or she has no other choice right now. Truth is, we don't really know what is going on with any of it. That is the problem I have, there is a counter story that can explain the "why's" we have. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: November 29, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

Sorry guys, I cut my post short. I'm out of town and posting from my cell. I can't see pics either. (Poor baby, me- waah!) I cut my post short.  If the police/DA/GJ don't know what to charge Terri with- with all the hours, interviews, statements, they have- then how are we supposed to figure it out with our limited information? The more I look at this case, the more I'm convinced this is a set up. The main reason for my thinking this is the police wouldn't be releasing information on an ongoing criminal investigation and if they did give the parents any info, seeing how they go public through the media- it's info/rumor they don't care about getting out. In the begining of this case, that school was a crime scene. They lost 8-9, how many hours before Kyron was known to be missing? The school had NO security in place. Kyron could have been picked as a crime of opportunity and someone could have singled him out because they had an issue with Kaine- just as easily as Terri. As a rule, women don't like spending money on nothing. Terri could have bought a new house and car(s) with the moneys paid to Houze. If I didn't do something I was accused of, I'd get the best of the best to represent me. No, not attacking a grieving parent, just saying Kaine could have pissed someone off just as easy as Terri.

I would also like to know where Terri got the money for the alleged boozing that she did. To get falling down drunk would take some money for the alcohol purchases!

I don't believe Terri had that kind of money prior to Kyron going missing.  She would not have had a dime to spend if it weren't for that. JMO.

Terri must have had some money, if she hired a landscaper without Kaine's knowledge? There are so many inconsistencies in this case that it is rediculous to say the least. Let us just say that poor poor Terri was taking care of Kyron and Kiara and Kaine left her without a penny each week. Why on earth did she stay? Why didn't she leave and go to her parents if she was so broke? While I do not believe everything that Kaine says, I certainly have a hard time believing Terri as well. Again, Desiree is the only one in this circus who has been somewhat consistent in the things that she has said.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »

Sebastian my money is on Desiree's version of this as well.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »

Sebastian you are correct, Dave and Carrie are a class act forsure, no argument from me on that point.

I don't really know why Terri is not talking, I could only assume she is actually following the advice of her attorney. I think her pleading the 5th is in connection with the DA and Le not turning over any of the investigational findings in the missing persons case. I would assume the tacktic would be to avoid her unintentionally stating something which could be misunderstood and be as evidence against her. She is pleading the 5th in the divorce, not the criminal so I think for me, it is not that one thing that throws me off the fence.

So far for me, I have not read anything that makes me convinced she is guilty or responsible in anyway or she is not guilty or not responsible in someway, so here I sit on my fence tapping my fingers and waiting and waiting to hear news that Kyron has been found.

Hi Tracygirl!
You know how much I like you and your posts! We spent so much time together on Amber's thread, goodness! I understand how you could still be on the fence where Terri is concerned. I guess for me, I just keep thinking what I would do if I were in Terri's shoes. I would continue to look for Kyron and do anything and everything that I could to help LE in any way possible. That is exactly what Dave did. Dave put aside the fact that he was a suspect and continue to cooperate with LE. He also showed up for every vigil and helped in every single way possible. I am sure it hurt him deeply that people suspected him, but he put that aside and continued to help. He did that for AMBER. So, we have a woman who is more concerned about her own arsz than that of little Kyron. To make matters worse, FOR ME ANYWAYS, she also has not seen her own daughter in months. This daughter is not a grown-up, she is a little girl. What mother can do that? I agree that there is the possibility that Terri may be innocent and hired Houze to protect herself. I just cannot fathom ever doing what she is doing. I would rather sit in jail, knowing that I tried to help find Kyron, then to lawyer up. JMO

I know it appears she is not doing anything to find Kyron, although it is unconfirmed, I have been told there is a PI working on this through her lawyers and he is looking for Kyron. Again, just something I was told and nothing confirmed. It does make sense though because high priced attorneys usually come with PI services.
But honestly could she join in the search herself or go to the vigils? She has had death threats against her, She can't even leave the house. I think Desiree and Kaine would strangle her on sight. I think the situation with Dave is slightly different because Joe public wasn't told of LE's focus on him. As for her daughter, she has tried to see her daughter but has not been able to. I think this could be she doesn't want to see her or she has no other choice right now. Truth is, we don't really know what is going on with any of it. That is the problem I have, there is a counter story that can explain the "why's" we have. 

Hi Tracygirl,
With response to the bolded part of your comments, EXACTLY! LE in Escondido handled Amber's case so differently than LE in Portland. At this point, it is hard to say who is right and who is wrong. I hear what you are saying about Terri and I certainly hope that Houze has a PI looking for Kyron. I just would have handled things entirely different. If Terri had not lawyered up, and had continued to cooperate with LE, she may not have been getting death threats. She took what, 2 lie detector tests and walked out on the third? I would have taken 100 lie detector tests if that is what it took. I am sure she was angry if Desiree and Kaine and who knows who else were suspecting her at that time. I just think that she jumped the gun and threw up her hands much too early in the game. I just don't get it at all.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #649 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »

Mine too.    Interesting if true about the PI, sure would like to hear more on that.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »

Sorry to be O/T, but Tracygirl, I just noticed your new avitar! Too cute! I love it!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: November 29, 2010, 01:59:12 PM »

Mine too.    Interesting if true about the PI, sure would like to hear more on that.

I would love to hear more about it too Norose. I read it somewhere else but don't remember where, ugh!
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #652 on: November 29, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »

The absolute reality probably lies somewhere in the middle. Desiree and Kaine present their version of reality to the best of their self awareness (that is all any of us are able to do). Even in healthy relationships there will be a discrepancy in perceptual reality. We base our perceptions/interpretations of reality on what rings most true to our own experiences; that is why as we read the same articles and posts regarding this case, we relate it back in our posts in a vast variety of ways. That is the beauty and curse of being a human.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

I would also like to know where Terri got the money for the alleged boozing that she did. To get falling down drunk would take some money for the alcohol purchases!

I am so sorry! I somehow managed to post two comments and delete Monchichi's comment. I need to pay better attention!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #654 on: November 29, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »

The absolute reality probably lies somewhere in the middle. Desiree and Kaine present their version of reality to the best of their self awareness (that is all any of us are able to do). Even in healthy relationships there will be a discrepancy in perceptual reality. We base our perceptions/interpretations of reality on what rings most true to our own experiences; that is why as we read the same articles and posts regarding this case, we relate it back in our posts in a vast variety of ways. That is the beauty and curse of being a human.

I totally agree with this, perception is everything and also why we have questions about inconsistencies.....maybe they aren't complete inconsistencies (most of the time anyway), but rather the person's perception of "what is is"

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »

I totally agree with this, perception is everything and also why we have questions about inconsistencies.....maybe they aren't complete inconsistencies (most of the time anyway), but rather the person's perception of "what is is"

Exactly Island Monkey! When I see a person making one statement one month and than a different statement months later, I go "huh". It seems as though some of the players change their stories to make it FIT into the situation that they are trying to convey and control. I am one of those nitpickers who when once sees an inconsistency, I start questioning everything that comes out of their mouth after that. This case has been riddled with inconsistencies, large and small. I guess the only thing that I CAN DO, is take the persons word who has been the least inconsistent, lol. That is why my money is on Desiree, unless of course her comments start becoming tainted with inconsistencies as well. I have been known to turn on a dime in this case. UGH!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »

Yes, sounds exactly like the other one.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #657 on: November 29, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »

Exactly Island Monkey! When I see a person making one statement one month and than a different statement months later, I go "huh". It seems as though some of the players change their stories to make it FIT into the situation that they are trying to convey and control. I am one of those nitpickers who when once sees an inconsistency, I start questioning everything that comes out of their mouth after that. This case has been riddled with inconsistencies, large and small. I guess the only thing that I CAN DO, is take the persons word who has been the least inconsistent, lol. That is why my money is on Desiree, unless of course her comments start becoming tainted with inconsistencies as well. I have been known to turn on a dime in this case. UGH!

IMO Desiree speaks from the heart and wears her emotions on her sleeve, even when she tries not to....Terri doesn't speak period, Kaine's sound scripted most of the time, and wrt Tony I do remember the first press conference he was the only one who spoke directly to Kyron and that impressed me, I haven't heard enough from him to make a judgement. I am a nitpicker too, surely you noticed though

[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »

Sometimes the truth is in the middle and sometimes one side is telling what the truth was. I think for me, I always consider what is the persons intention or what do they have to win or lose by telling their story. I see Desiree in the position of not gaining by changing the story, she didn't do anything wrong, that is why I believe her. Kaine on the other hand, he is sort of fighting a few battles. His son is missing and he believes it was the person he left Desiree for that holds the responsibility, and he is now divorcing that woman and trying to gain sole custody of their daughter. Talk about walking a tight rope.   

I think it is obvious if Kaine was cheating on Desiree their relationship was not a healthy one. Regardless if they were together or not, she was prg with his child, living under the same roof and I don't think it could have killed him to wait a few months for her to have the baby. It was a choice he made to start seeing Terri at that time. Even if Terri tore off his cloths and practiced her skills, he didn't have to let her do it, it was a choice. I think it speaks to his mind set at the time in regards to his relationships. Does that one time make him a repeat cheater? I don't know, I have known many people to have cheated repeatedly through every relationship they have ever been in and I have known people to have made a mistake in one relationship and never cheated again so I suppose it is whatever Kaine would do.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »

I would love to hear more about it too Norose. I read it somewhere else but don't remember where, ugh!

I don't know if there is more then that. It was a poster on anothe forum who said she knew there was a PI working on it and he is through Terri's attorney. I don't know anymore then that. It would be interesting to find out more but I don't have a name or anything to go on. It does make sense if you consider more high priced attorneys will include a PI.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.