April 30, 2024, 08:40:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175532 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »

Hey you guys. I was wondering if someone can give me the address of the house where the monsters killed zahra. Not a link cause I can't get my laptop 2 work right now. I am on my blackberry right now. I am planning on going by that house while I am in hickory for the memorial my sister and I am gonna take a little cake out there and light some candles and when the wind blows them out. I will take it as zahra blew them out.

21 21st avenue

You going? If so, please be careful of the snow. 
    See You all later!!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »

Oops! got in the box! 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »

LEAVING NOW! Can somebody please post the house address........... I have 2 stuffed monkeys to leave on SM's behalf!   

Thank you CBB, I wanted to go, but presently have all my children here at one time [this a rare treat.]

Be careful and stay safe.  an angelic monkey

NCSunny

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »

Sorry CBB, didn't see your post of you going.  Please drive safe.

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »

Did someone say it was snowing in hickory?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »

Brandi-  Please check your gmail, I've sent you a message.  MuffyBee

Done. And done.

Thank you so much, muffy!

an angelic monkey

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »

luvmyboys I was mentioning about CBB driving through the mountains to get there. No snow in Hickory. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2010, 02:08:23 PM »

Brand, that is beautiful!  You used my favorite photo of Zahra! 

She was such a cutie, I can't decide which is my favorite.

Can you see the kangaroos? Wink

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »

Truly enjoying all the beautiful pic's and birthday wishes.  Thank You!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »

luvmyboys I was mentioning about CBB driving through the mountains to get there. No snow in Hickory. 

City: Temp.: Conditions: Updated:
  Hickory 14 °C  Rain 1:53 PM EST

This Afternoon
Showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/Hickory.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »

Candlelight Vigil Marks Zahra’s 11th Birthday

HICKORY, N.C. -- A candlelight vigil to honor Zahra Baker, who would turn 11 years old today, begins at 6 p.m. at Union Square in downtown Hickory.

• RAW VIDEO: Zahra At Speedway Children's Charities Event In May
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25454162/index.html

The Children’s Protection Council of Catawba County is hosting the vigil and said stuffed animals and other gifts brought in honor of Zahra will be donated to “Cops For Tots.”

The vigil comes the day after court documents revealed Zahra’s body was dismembered and the remains hidden in several remote locations.

Attorneys for Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, argued the woman's bond should be lessened because she helped police locate the remains and cooperated in the investigation into Zahra’s disappearance.

Elisa Baker has been in custody since the day after Zahra was reported missing, and she is accused of trying to throw off investigators by writing a fake ransom note for another child.

District Attorney James Gaither Jr. said his office will oppose efforts to reduce Elisa Baker’s bond. She faces obstructing justice and 15 lesser charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance. Gaither said if necessary, he'd present evidence to prevent a lower bond.

Zahra's father was also arrested on a host of charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance, but is free on bail.

No one has been charged in Zahra's death, but police have cast doubt on her parents' claims that they last saw her alive Oct. 9.

MORE...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25811918/detail.html
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »

Hi.
I'm new here, I live in Hickory, I've been reading here for about 2 weeks now. Found you on google Smile
I drive down 127 by the baker house everyday. It's beyond sad.

I dont know if anyone has posted about Lisa Dubs yet, but these are the kind of people she defends...

http://greenetrial.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=22

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/index.php?sid=20502

I dont know how the woman sleeps at night. I really dont.

I hope soon that adam is charged and put in jail.

I also dont understand why her attorneys are going to go find some evidence instead of immediately going to the HPD and telling them what elisa said. Seems like that could cause some issues w/ evidence trail in court?

This has been such an awful thing in the community. I am at a total loss over thinking something like this happened here. That there is such evil walking among us. A very scary thought.
Welcome to Scared Monkeys. We r the BEST forum in the USA !

Thnx for the links. It appears that this atty. has some experence and a good track  record with the guilty,  ::MonkeyMad::huh ?

I pray for the jury to have wisdom in this case when the time comes, and for the Judge to hand down the MOST appropriate sentence to these 2 clowns.

IF u go to the vigil/memorial for Zahra's birthday on Tues. pm, please take pics and download them for us here. It would be so wonderful ! I, personally am in Ohio and it is impssible to be there in person but I will be in spirit ! 

Welcome to the cage 

LEP - O/T,  I am in Ohio too (Columbus), so I am assuming you are familiar with the Mount Vernon in Knox county case, where they just found the 13 yr bound and gagged in the house of a former sicko, after she went missing with her mother, brother and family friend, who are still yet to be found?  Not a good feeling about those three, though glad the girl was found safely and the pedo sicko has been caught!  I went to Mount Vernon Nazarene Univiserity, in the same town and my hubby hunts there.  I'm not sure if there is a thread here for them or not?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »

Truly enjoying all the beautiful pic's and birthday wishes.  Thank You!!
I am also thank-you  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »

Chief hopes Zahra Baker vigil will bring peace (with video)

HICKORY, N.C. – Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins isn’t one to hide his emotions when it comes to the Zahra Baker case.

He has shed tears during press conferences and said the young girl’s death has been tough to deal with.

Now, in his first one-on-one interview since the Zahra Baker case broke, Chief Adkins explains how important Tuesday’s vigil is for the Hickory community.

"I think [the vigil] is an opportunity for folks to come and grieve and show their support of Zahra. It’s an opportunity for them to learn more about Zahra and celebrate her life here with us,” said Adkins.

Last Friday, Adkins announced that evidence found in Catawba County matched Zahra’s DNA. He concluded that Zahra is considered dead.

Late Monday afternoon, attorneys for Elisa Baker, Zahra’s stepmother, asked for a reduction in her bond. According to court documents, Elisa has been the only source of information as to Zahra’s remains.

Court papers say Elisa Baker started cooperating with investigators on Oct. 24. It’s then that she told law enforcement officials Zahra was dead and her body was dismembered.

Adkins says this type of crime is especially hard since it involves a young child, and many officers in his department have children of their own.

“All cases involving a child are very difficult because of that aspect of being family; having family of our own,” said Adkins. “I think throughout this whole case our officers have remained strong. Our community has supported us very well, and that helps give us strength to continue on in this case.”

Adkins says he hopes tonight’s vigil brings peace to Zahra and those that have been affected by her death.

"This community has embraced Zahra over the time that we've been involved in this case,” he explained. “[The vigil] is just a good opportunity on her birthday today to allow people to come together and grieve together and show how much they love Zahra.

The vigil starts at 6 p.m. It will be held at Union Square in downtown Hickory. Hickory Police estimate more than 1,000 people could attend.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Chief-hopes-Zahra-Baker-vigil-will-bring-peace-108454609.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »

Candlelight Vigil Marks Zahra’s 11th Birthday

HICKORY, N.C. -- A candlelight vigil to honor Zahra Baker, who would turn 11 years old today, begins at 6 p.m. at Union Square in downtown Hickory.

• RAW VIDEO: Zahra At Speedway Children's Charities Event In May
http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25454162/index.html

The Children’s Protection Council of Catawba County is hosting the vigil and said stuffed animals and other gifts brought in honor of Zahra will be donated to “Cops For Tots.”

The vigil comes the day after court documents revealed Zahra’s body was dismembered and the remains hidden in several remote locations.

Attorneys for Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, argued the woman's bond should be lessened because she helped police locate the remains and cooperated in the investigation into Zahra’s disappearance.

Elisa Baker has been in custody since the day after Zahra was reported missing, and she is accused of trying to throw off investigators by writing a fake ransom note for another child.

District Attorney James Gaither Jr. said his office will oppose efforts to reduce Elisa Baker’s bond. She faces obstructing justice and 15 lesser charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance. Gaither said if necessary, he'd present evidence to prevent a lower bond.

Zahra's father was also arrested on a host of charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance, but is free on bail.

No one has been charged in Zahra's death, but police have cast doubt on her parents' claims that they last saw her alive Oct. 9.

MORE...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25811918/detail.html

Good, the DA will not allow bond to be lowered
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »

Happy Birthday, Zahra! an angelic monkey  May you rest in peace little one.

Thank you to all the talented Monkeys who make these beautiful pics for us to enjoy.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »

I wish they would arrest adam 2day that would be great.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT!

Guests

1. Former DA, author and law professor Wendy Murphy

"how-to" book for child predators is NOT protected "speech"  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/11/12/wendy-murphy-amazon-pedophile-guide-love-pleasure-rights-supreme-court/

Also her thoughts on the Zahra Baker case. 9pm et

2. Blink from Blink On crime www.blinkoncrime.com  Discussing breaking news in the George/Ocasio cases  9:25pm et

3. Jossy Mansur - Diario - regarding the jawbone recently found on the beach in Aruba. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »

Tears for Zahra Baker as Queensland town gather to mark her birthday

MORE than 100 people gathered in a small Queensland town for what should have been Zahra Baker's 11th birthday.
The party had all the trappings of an ordinary birthday party - a Freddo Frog cake, a sausage sizzle and pink and purple balloons.

But there was no birthday girl.

The young cancer survivor, who grew up in Giru, southwest of Townsville, should have been celebrating her 11th birthday yesterday.

Instead, investigators in the US state of North Carolina are slowly piecing together the awful circumstances of the Australian girl's death.

Kim Wright, who lives in the town, said she expected hundreds of people to turn out for a candlelight vigil and birthday party in Zahra's honour.

Court papers filed in the US, by lawyers representing Zahra's American stepmother Elisa Baker, say her body was dismembered and her remains scattered at different sites around Hickory, in western North Carolina.

Baker remains in custody, accused of trying to throw off investigators with a bogus ransom note. Her father Adam Baker, 33, is facing charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance.

The pair, who reported Zahra missing on October 9, are suspects.

As US investigators continue the hunt for Zahra's remains, residents in Giru will mark her birthday with a memorial.

Family friend Kim Wright, who lives in the town, said she expected hundreds of people to turn out for a candlelight vigil and birthday party in Zahra's honour.

"The community support is phenomenal for this little girl," Ms Wright told AAP. "There's a lot of disbelief at what has happened.

"We'll be having a birthday cake... a cake iced with Freddo Frogs... and Zahra's favourite was a sausage sizzle, and her favourite colours were pink and purple."

Giru residents have been asked to wear pink and purple clothes to the vigil at the Giru park from 7.30pm (AEST).
Ms Wright said she forged a friendship with the little girl when she battled cancer and lost a leg five years ago.

"As strange as it sounds, I was one of her best friends. She was five and I was 40," she said.

"She was a very special little girl, I'll never meet another one like her.

"We were pretty good mates, she used to have sleepovers at my house and we used to go shopping together. I miss her terribly."

She said the town had decided to mark Zahra's birthday before news broke that one of her bones had been found.

"I was always of the belief that until they actually found Zahra I wouldn't believe she was gone," Ms Wright said.

"All they had found at that stage was a prosthetic leg and some hearing aids. She never needed them to live, I saw that kid tear around; she could hop faster than I could run. She wasn't deaf, she had limited hearing but could still hear."

Ms Wright said she last saw her young friend December two years ago and that none of Zahra's family members lived in Giru anymore.

Zahra's story has gained headlines world-wide.

Rejected at birth by her mother, she battled bone cancer as a toddler, had a leg amputated aged five, lost her hearing during chemotherapy and at eight was uprooted from her home in Queensland to North Carolina so her father could be with a woman he met on the internet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/tears-for-zahra-baker-as-queensland-town-gather-to-mark-her-birthday/story-e6frf7jx-1225954648339
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

Chief hopes Zahra Baker vigil will bring peace
by GREG ARGOS / NewsChannel 36
HICKORY, N.C. – Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins isn’t one to hide his emotions when it comes to the Zahra Baker case.

He has shed tears during press conferences and said the young girl’s death has been tough to deal with.

Now, in his first one-on-one interview since the Zahra Baker case broke, Chief Adkins explains how important Tuesday’s vigil is for the Hickory community.

"I think [the vigil] is an opportunity for folks to come and grieve and show their support of Zahra. It’s an opportunity for them to learn more about Zahra and celebrate her life here with us,” said Adkins.

Last Friday, Adkins announced that evidence found in Catawba County matched Zahra’s DNA. He concluded that Zahra is considered dead.

Late Monday afternoon, attorneys for Elisa Baker, Zahra’s stepmother, asked for a reduction in her bond. According to court documents, Elisa has been the only source of information as to Zahra’s remains.

Court papers say Elisa Baker started cooperating with investigators on Oct. 24. It’s then that she told law enforcement officials Zahra was dead and her body was dismembered.

Adkins says this type of crime is especially hard since it involves a young child, and many officers in his department have children of their own.

“All cases involving a child are very difficult because of that aspect of being family; having family of our own,” said Adkins. “I think throughout this whole case our officers have remained strong. Our community has supported us very well, and that helps give us strength to continue on in this case.”

Adkins says he hopes tonight’s vigil brings peace to Zahra and those that have been affected by her death.

"This community has embraced Zahra over the time that we've been involved in this case,” he explained. “[The vigil] is just a good opportunity on her birthday today to allow people to come together and grieve together and show how much they love Zahra.

The vigil starts at 6 p.m. It will be held at Union Square in downtown Hickory. Hickory Police estimate more than 1,000 people could attend.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Chief-hopes-Zahra-Baker-vigil-will-bring-peace-108454609.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.