April 30, 2024, 03:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175478 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »

Thank you, Brandi and CBB for the beautiful remembrances for Zahra.

Thank you, Klaas and mods for SM and this thread for Zahra.

Thank you, Monkeys who always post news about Zahra's case.

Thank you to those who post your hearts and prayers for Zahra.

Thank you to those who are attending the memorial for Zahra.

Thank you to those who are organizing the memorial for Zahra.

Thank you to investigators who worked so hard for Zahra.

Thank you to the DA's office for seeking justice for Zahra.

Thank you to those who will hold accountable the system that failed Zahra.

Thank you to those who vow to speak up for abused children, in honor of Zahra.

Thank you, Monkeys, for caring about Zahra and all children who are hurt or missing.

Happy Birthday to Beautiful, Brave, Smiling Zahra.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »

This is beautiful, Brandi.
The others are as well.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »

Tell me lord, for I’m a God fearing man, I’m not the smartest, by no means, I just need some sort of answer, I’ve pondered for hours, days, weeks, I don’t understand. I try to live right, following your word, Love thy neighbor, share the word, lend a helping hand, not for money, or thanks, Just to be a blessing to be a profit of the lord helping less fortunate – don’t ask for nothing. The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, is about all I need, sometimes a cup of coffee, pack of crackers, money has no purpose, can’t by love, or life
All the murders caused by greed Happiness can’t be bought, to a Gipsy what’s a home, I ask for nothing in life except to help less fortunate- then to be left alone, for all my family has come & gone, it’s easy for me to see. God- you’ve not left me without food, nor shelter, The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, I’ll never claim to be perfect, some things in life I can cover up, forget, or leave behind. But I feel your presence, never really alone, There’s nothing I could hide from you – before I do something my question is this right or wrong, Here for a month now I can’t understand a precious child’s life was taken-remains scattered across the land, I know I’m wrong God. But why? Help me understand, There’s those who don’t deserve their next breath, killers, rapist, child molesters, Those who miss treat the elderly. But a precious child’s life cut short, after enduring so much pain. Struggled from the start, fought so hard, to be alive, found in pieces. But how you’re here by my side, why couldn’t you step in, she went missing for so long, slowly she was found, she was killed in your presence, Remember Lord I’m a god fearing man, I fear no other man. I just need a answer-God help me understand-it’s too late now Lord. Before the next child is harmed. Remember, I’m a sinful person, ask for forgiveness each and every day, I’m an old man leave me, shelter our children with your loving hands. She was there with her killers all alone – with a strike of lighting – massive heart attack, to her killers, Her mother could have took her home, Remember Lord I’m a God fearing man, I just need an answer. God help me understand. As my faith was tested, tried and true, I’m still a god fearing man, This is a small crack in our foundation still strong, But God I pray although she’s gone, make an example of her killers. Please I beg of you. This can never happen again. Remember Lord, I’m a god fearing man. Remember lord, you’ve took my whole family, in this world all alone very few would miss me. Please Lord this can’t go on….What happened to Zahra Baker? please help me lift my head and wipe the tears from my eyes, Lord I'm listening WHY?
Written by: Tim Andrews
On Christy Rd.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/thezahraproject
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »

Most days, most of us walk around numb, head to toe. We're distracted and busy and on automatic pilot.

Then a horrific thing happens to an innocent child like you - you with your sweet scatter of freckles. And, suddenly, we are filled to the brim with feelings - for you and for other innocents.

That's why so many people return and return again to your yard. That's why they'll pack Union Square tonight. You've allowed us to feel alive again, even if it's through our sorrow.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/16/1841643/in-death-zahra-you-roused-life.html#ixzz15Tt5b5XX

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »

This is beautiful, Brandi.
The others are as well.

Thank you, Curly. I always say it's the children that make images so beautiful. And it is.

(I had some typos in it, but I think I have them sorted out now!)

May Zahra's light shine on.

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »

Most days, most of us walk around numb, head to toe. We're distracted and busy and on automatic pilot.

Then a horrific thing happens to an innocent child like you - you with your sweet scatter of freckles. And, suddenly, we are filled to the brim with feelings - for you and for other innocents.

That's why so many people return and return again to your yard. That's why they'll pack Union Square tonight. You've allowed us to feel alive again, even if it's through our sorrow.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/16/1841643/in-death-zahra-you-roused-life.html#ixzz15Tt5b5XX

What a beautiful article!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »

Tell me lord, for I’m a God fearing man, I’m not the smartest, by no means, I just need some sort of answer, I’ve pondered for hours, days, weeks, I don’t understand. I try to live right, following your word, Love thy neighbor, share the word, lend a helping hand, not for money, or thanks, Just to be a blessing to be a profit of the lord helping less fortunate – don’t ask for nothing. The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, is about all I need, sometimes a cup of coffee, pack of crackers, money has no purpose, can’t by love, or life
All the murders caused by greed Happiness can’t be bought, to a Gipsy what’s a home, I ask for nothing in life except to help less fortunate- then to be left alone, for all my family has come & gone, it’s easy for me to see. God- you’ve not left me without food, nor shelter, The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, I’ll never claim to be perfect, some things in life I can cover up, forget, or leave behind. But I feel your presence, never really alone, There’s nothing I could hide from you – before I do something my question is this right or wrong, Here for a month now I can’t understand a precious child’s life was taken-remains scattered across the land, I know I’m wrong God. But why? Help me understand, There’s those who don’t deserve their next breath, killers, rapist, child molesters, Those who miss treat the elderly. But a precious child’s life cut short, after enduring so much pain. Struggled from the start, fought so hard, to be alive, found in pieces. But how you’re here by my side, why couldn’t you step in, she went missing for so long, slowly she was found, she was killed in your presence, Remember Lord I’m a god fearing man, I fear no other man. I just need a answer-God help me understand-it’s too late now Lord. Before the next child is harmed. Remember, I’m a sinful person, ask for forgiveness each and every day, I’m an old man leave me, shelter our children with your loving hands. She was there with her killers all alone – with a strike of lighting – massive heart attack, to her killers, Her mother could have took her home, Remember Lord I’m a God fearing man, I just need an answer. God help me understand. As my faith was tested, tried and true, I’m still a god fearing man, This is a small crack in our foundation still strong, But God I pray although she’s gone, make an example of her killers. Please I beg of you. This can never happen again. Remember Lord, I’m a god fearing man. Remember lord, you’ve took my whole family, in this world all alone very few would miss me. Please Lord this can’t go on….What happened to Zahra Baker? please help me lift my head and wipe the tears from my eyes, Lord I'm listening WHY?
On Christy Rd.

Thank You Northern Rose I think many of us here are asking the same question. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »

CBB and Brandi: Beautiful! You ladies always make such heartfelt pics!  an angelic monkey

ITA!

Hey, Sassifrass!   

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »

On Christy Rd.

I hope this man has some friends that will check in on him. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »

Birthday memorial for Zahra Baker (video)   

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/world-news/birthday-memorial-for-zahra-baker-2048066.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »

Zahra memorial to be moved as property deemed unsafe (with video)

HICKORY, N.C. – A vigil will be held Tuesday night in Hickory to mark what would have been Zahra Baker's 11th birthday.

Police confirmed her death Friday but they have not said how she died.

The vigil will run from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Union Square in the downtown area.

The Baker property on 21st Street Northwest in Hickory will have to be roped off to the public because it's now unsafe. Search crews spent days digging in the backyard and removing pieces of evidence from inside the home.

The search left the property unsafe for visitors.

People are being asked to take any memorial items for Zahra to the vigil. All toys and stuffed animals will be donated to the Christmas Bureau on her behalf.

There are also plans in the works for a permanent memorial for Zahra in Hickory.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/632826/zahra-memorial-to-be-moved-as-property-deemed-unsafe
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »

Oh no we can't go 2 the house on 21 st. Oh I really wanted to light a bday cake for zahra there. Do u think it is ok if we go just 2 take pics?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »

Complete details about vigil for Zahra on her 11th birthday.

Also this website will have live video of the vigil.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13487710

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

On Christy Rd.

I hope this man has some friends that will check in on him. 

Every child that passes as result of such evilness takes a little part of us all with him/her.  But every once and a while a child comes along that happens to hit us harder than the others for whatever reason.  This gentleman has obviously been hit very hard by Zahra's ordeal.  I feel for him.  I've been there.  In fact, I'm still there.

We don't have to worry about an insanity defense here folks.  I can't think of a single case where the insanity defense was successfully used where the "defendant" went to such extremes to hide evidence of the crime.  The lynch pin of the insanity defense is the inability to know right from wrong as a result of some mental defect.  If a "defendant" dismembers a body to hide it, prepares a fake ransom note, and then drives all around the creation scattering the remains, he/she/they know right from wrong. And when the person instructs her lawyers to divulge information in the hopes that doing so with garner some leniency from the court, that's not insanity in the legal sense.

Peace to you, Zahra.  You now rest with the other beautiful angels we Honor on this site each and every day.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

Did someone say it was snowing in hickory?

luvmyboys I was mentioning about CBB driving through the mountains to get there. No snow in Hickory. 

City: Temp.: Conditions: Updated:
  Hickory 14 °C  Rain 1:53 PM EST

This Afternoon
Showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/Hickory.html

When it rained in Hickory today I like to think it is tears of JOY from the angels  an angelic monkey

that have the honor of Zahra being among them. an angelic monkey

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

I just rcv'd an email from CBB, she and the monkey have both arrived safely at the Baker residence.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »

I just rcv'd an email from CBB, she and the monkey have both arrived safely at the Baker residence.
Thank-you
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »

COOL!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »

Thank You  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.