May 01, 2024, 12:47:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175571 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »

Hundreds attend vigil for Zahra as details released in documents (with video)

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Hundreds of sad and angry people attended a vigil for a dead Hickory girl Tuesday night just a day after disturbing details have emerged that suggest the girl could have been dismembered after dying.

A document in a bond reduction request filed Monday for Elisa Baker describes how she helped detectives in the case of Zahra Baker -- by taking them to places where parts of Zahra's body might be.

Hundreds showed up in Union Square for a vigil Tuesday night for the young girl who was reported missing on Oct. 9, but was confirmed dead by police on Friday. The candle-light vigil began at 6 pm and WBTV's Steve Crump reported that at least 1500 people were at the event.

Some at the vigil drove from other cities to share their prayers for the girl, who had survived cancer -- twice and lost part of a leg in the struggle.

"To have a child that endured so much. To go through so much and to die this way is just horrendous, and it didn't need to happen," said Susan Tancora of Cornelius.

But, some people were angry about the lack of charges directly related to the girl's death. Near the end of the vigil many shouted "We want justice."

Zahra's stepmother,Elisa Baker has only been charged with obstruction of justice after allegedly admitted she faked a ransom note.

MORE..

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13507517
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

If Zahra was dismembered in that Hickory home, and I'm sure that is where it happened, there is no way Adam didn't know about that. I believe he is the one who did the dismemberment, I could certainly be wrong. What I would really like to know is whose idea was this? This is certainly an idea that most of the population would never come up with 
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »

I forgot to tell you guys. I was not able to get any pics of the people who spoke. I could not get through the crowd so sorry Smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515299
Tonight at 11 pm: Adam Baker Speaks with WBTV

remember this
AB; you know more than i do

do we have a chit head icon

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

we could only hope.....
hi im zahras father, and im turning my self in
What an arrogant, worthless fool, and what is he going to say, I know nothing about nothing?

Nope, he's gonna blame it all on her.  My fear for justice in this case is just that...and I hope I'm wrong!

He will blame it on her but I bet his tools will prove that it was him that dismembered Zahra and then they both covered up the crime.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »

I forgot to tell you guys. I was not able to get any pics of the people who spoke. I could not get through the crowd so sorry Smile

Don't worry about it Luvmyboys.  I'm just glad that a few from SM were able to attend.  By the way I have not received any email with photos from you yet.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »

"We love Zahra"
Hundreds mourn during birthday vigil

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins lights a candle for a member of the crowd at the Children's Protection Council vigil for Zahra Baker Tuesday night on Union Square in Hickory.

Hickory --
As they finished singing “Happy Birthday” on what would have been Zahra Baker’s 11th birthday, a short-lived chant erupted and the crowd shook their fists and repeated, “We want justice.”

The crowd, estimated at 1,500 or more people, gathered on Hickory’s Union Square in the damp chill to honor Zahra’s memory and celebrate her birthday. More than a dozen news crews were on hand to record the proceedings hosted by the Children’s Protection Council.

Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department has been at the center of the Baker investigation since she was first reported missing Oct. 9, and the crowd was silent as he spoke and people listened hoping to glean any new information they could about Zahra.

“Thirty-nine days ago, most of us did not know Zahra Baker, but over a month we have all fallen in love with her and become better people because of her,” he said.

Adkins spoke about her fight against two bouts of cancer. The first took her left leg. Chemotherapy during her second bout with cancer took much of her sense of hearing.

“She did not want pity from anyone, a family member told me. She wanted to be like any other child,” he said. “Nothing would slow her down.”

When Zahra was hospitalized for her cancer treatments, she took it on herself to cheer up the other children in the ward, Adkins said.

“She would visit the other children hopping on one leg and provide encouragement to the other children,” he said. “Her great aunt told me that Zahra had more guts and more determination than anyone she’d ever met. … I have spoken to many people who said they fell in love with her as soon as they met her.”

“We are here to celebrate her today – her life, her guts and her smile.”

The rain that had been predicted held off as Hickory Mayor Rudy Wright struggled to make himself heard with a microphone and sound equipment that was not up to the task. Some in the crowd grew impatient and shouted that they couldn’t hear him as others shouted, telling fellow audience members to be quiet.

“We wish we could hold her and give her love and serenity, but Zahra is in a better place tonight,” Wright said. Then he led the crowd in the 18th century children’s prayer, “Now I lay me down to sleep.”

When the speakers were done, the Newton-Conover High School choral ensemble sang as the crowd lit its candles.

The soft sounds of quiet crying could be heard as lit candles were held aloft.

Neither Adkins, Wright or any of the law enforcement officers at the vigil spoke about the ongoing investigation into Zahra’s death. No one mentioned her father, Adam Baker, who is out on bond after being arrested on charges unrelated to the case. No one mentioned Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, still in jail under a $97,000 bond on charges of obstruction of justice related to Zahra’s presumed murder and her own string of additional charges unrelated to the case.

The night’s focus was on Zahra, her spirit and her life – not its tragic end.

Volunteers manned cardboard bins where mourners lined up to leave stuffed animals and toys in Zahra’s honor. The toys were donated to the Hickory Police Department’s Cops for Tots program and will be donated to underprivileged children for Christmas.

Vicky Harris of Hudson came to the vigil and spoke for many when she said, “We didn’t know her a month ago, but we know her now. I think the community feels like she’s our child,” she said, adding, “People need to stop being afraid of what their neighbors might think of them if they report abuse.”

Keith McCloud of Hickory said learning that a child in his community had been abused and killed is devastating, and he wanted to join with a group to honor Zahra’s memory.

“Everybody’s coming together and saying this in not supposed to happen here as a community,” he said. “The fact that it’s her birthday. I think that’s what’s hitting people the hardest.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/16/we-love-zahra-ar-543304/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »

Zahra Baker memorial Happy Birthday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFVjvRRx_0
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »

luvmyboys are you staying the nite and do you know about this

any way to get to that interview, or find it, its prob happening now
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515299
Tonight at 11 pm: Adam Baker Speaks with WBTV

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:33 PM »

TUNE IN NOW TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW.  IT WILL START IN A FEW MINUTES:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »

TY

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

Klaas.  I am still in hickory it will be later on b 4 I can send them. I am on my way back and see what I can get of the back yard. I went 2 wal-mart and bout a flash light
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:36 PM »

Klaas.  I am still in hickory it will be later on b 4 I can send them. I am on my way back and see what I can get of the back yard. I went 2 wal-mart and bout a flash light

OK I won't look for them until later 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »

TY

Wendy Murphy on, will be talking about Zahara is a bit, but first ... hardly think the Founding Fathers were thinking of protecting pedophile how to books when the envisioned Free Speech.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: November 16, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »

TY

Wendy Murphy on, will be talking about Zahara is a bit, but first ... hardly think the Founding Fathers were thinking of protecting pedophile how to books when the envisioned Free Speech.

I like Amazon, actually I love shopping through Amazon but I was extremely disappointed in their handling of this pedophile book. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »

I don't believe Zahra was killed out of sympathy either,  Why spread her parts across two counties if there was one iota of sympathy involved?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #316 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »

I don't believe Zahra was killed out of sympathy either,  Why spread her parts across two counties if there was one iota of sympathy involved?
I honestly can't believe that those two would come up with such a horrific thing to do too Zahra. Nobody would believe them if that is what they are going to say.
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »

TY

I like Amazon, actually I love shopping through Amazon but I was extremely disappointed in their handling of this pedophile book. 

I have shopped Amazon, but my favorite is, THE O !
I have never been disappointed, and they have live customer chats for additional info. IMO, u cannot beat the $1 shppng. Phenmenal saving IMO !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #318 on: November 16, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »

I don't know about u all, but I cannot wait to hear Adam's press conference at 11 pm tonight.
Do u suppose he took drama classes for this,  and then practiced crying in front of the mirror ?

I do not look for anything of value.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: November 16, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

Omg I am at the house now and there is a man here that said adam has confessed. And is in jail. And the tv people r up at the jail. He thinks he might have been arrested sunday. Idk that is what he said. And he also said helped n the search. I headed 2 the police department now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.