May 01, 2024, 01:21:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175576 times)
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: November 16, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »

luvmyboys  Thank you!  I hope you are right.  If so, you broke the news!!!!!
BOMBSHELL

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:43 PM »

I have some good pics of the signs that in front of the house I am on my way home. My sister just said that the man we ran into at that house said adam was @ a vigil somewhere earlier and that he was going 2 have an interview and may be turning his self in. Idk I heard him say he thought he was already. I will email my pics to klaas later on 2nite
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2010, 10:22:13 PM »

Sorry for the O/T  KCJackie you have nanners

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »

<snipped>
Other vigils were held around the state and by Zahra's friends and relatives in Giru, Australia.

Adam Baker's brother, David Baker, was visibly emotional as he told the crowd in Giru that his niece was "a special little person."

"She let nothing in life beat her or stop her," he said.
http://azstarnet.com/news/us/article_a0ca470e-151b-59c9-9c26-7bbea9de2054.html 

Looks like Adam no longer has Youngen Baker to try to block cameras for him.  Thinking Ma Baker also may be back in Aussie.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #344 on: November 16, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »

He has another bro, Dale I believe. Don't know which one was in NC.
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »

I didnt make it to the vigil, I didnt have anyone to watch my boy, and he's only 12, so I didnt feel like it was the right thing to take him
My older son and his G/F went though. She said it was very emotional.
While I agree w/ what the chanters were saying, I dont feel it was an appropriate time or place for that...tonite was about Zahra.
I will try to see if the sons G/F has heard the rumor about arrest/turning himself in. She is pretty tight w/ several of those reporters...

~Stacy
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: November 16, 2010, 10:33:13 PM »

I shine my light inside the house and there is border that goes around the living room that reads. Live laugh love all the way around. There was no love in that house and a felt weird is was creepy being there this late and no one else around.

grimm reaper

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2010, 10:35:32 PM »

Zahra Baker Memorial.MP4 Video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6CiJewNz0&feature=player_embedded
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:47 PM »

I didnt make it to the vigil, I didnt have anyone to watch my boy, and he's only 12, so I didnt feel like it was the right thing to take him
While I agree w/ what the chanters were saying, I dont feel it was an appropriate time or place for that...tonite was about Zahra.
I will try to see if the sons G/F has heard the rumor about arrest/turning himself in. She is pretty tight w/ several of those reporters...

I agree. Wrong time/place for that. (But I can't blame them.)

Tonight was about celebrating Zahra's life and how she has affected so many in a positive way.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: November 16, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »

Thanks Statru!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

hoping AB interview shows

here
http://www.streamingthe.net/WBTV-3-CBS-Charlotte-News-VOD/p/9999
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515299

or here
http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=151146

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »

Zahra Baker memorial Happy Birthday .. Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFVjvRRx_0&feature=player_embedded
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515299
Tonight at 11 pm: Adam Baker Speaks with WBTV
Posted: Nov 16, 2010 6:17 PM CST
Updated: Nov 16, 2010 6:37 PM CST

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Tuesday night, WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge talked exclusively with Zahra Baker's father, a man under intense scrutiny from police, and the Hickory community after the death of his 10 year-old daughter, Zahra.

Our reporter spent the past 90 minutes with Adam Baker and his attorney. They watched the vigil for the girl together ... then Adam Baker answered the questions everyone has been asking.

Like was he involved in Zahra's death? And Did he help hide his own daughter's body? He did not hold anything back.

You'll hear Adam Baker's answers to those questions and more...coming up tonight exclusively on WBTV NEWS AT 11.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »

Mourners for Zahra: ‘We want justice’

HICKORY - With lifted candles glowing, more than 1,000 people sang “Happy Birthday” to Zahra Baker at a vigil in her honor Tuesday night in downtown Hickory.

Balloons flew and people cheered as the song ended, but the celebration for the girl – who would have turned 11 on Tuesday – was quickly followed by a chant from the crowd: “We want justice!”

In a community saddened by Zahra’s disappearance and then shocked this week by gruesome details that revealed the young cancer survivor’s body was dismembered and the remains hidden across several rural areas, people are becoming increasingly anxious for answers. Many are angry.

“I don’t know what kind of person could do this,” said Kayla Daughtrey of Hickory as she waited for the vigil to begin Tuesday.

Although speculation has centered around Zahra’s stepmother and father, Elisa and Adam Baker, since her father first reported her missing Oct. 9, both have denied any wrongdoing in the case.

Elisa Baker was arrested on Oct. 10 on unrelated charges, then charged with obstruction of justice two days later, after investigators say she admitted writing a bogus ransom note intended to throw off investigators.

A motion filed Monday seeking to reduce Elisa Baker’s bond revealed that Zahra’s remains had been scattered and that Elisa Baker had helped investigators locate key evidence, including a bone later identified as Zahra’s and the gel liner of her prosthetic leg, near Christie Road in Hudson.

Planning for the vigil, which was hosted by the Children’s Protection Council of Catawba County, began before Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins announced Friday that investigators had found what they believe are Zahra’s remains.

“It’s really impacted our community,” said Adrienne Opdyke, vice chairwoman of the children’s advocacy group.

Richard Hoke arrived in Union Square nearly two hours before the vigil began and watched as camera crews set up their equipment.

“Lived here all my life,” said the 85-year-old. “Never seen anything like this.”

‘In a better place tonight’

During the vigil, Adkins described the freckle-faced girl who moved to the United States from Australia in 2009. She wore a bright smile despite losing part of her hearing and a leg to bone cancer, he said.

“She didn’t want pity from anyone, as a family member told me,” he said. “She wanted to be like any other child.”

He told stories about her passed on to him by her family, including one about how she once hopped from one hospital room to another to cheer up other young patients.

Investigators who have been working the case stood in front of the stage during the vigil.

“Zahra is in a better place tonight,” Hickory Mayor Rudy Wright told the crowd, stirring a murmur of “amen.”

Outside the Hickory home where Zahra lived with Elisa and Adam Baker, a makeshift memorial for Zahra continues to grow as visitors stop to add to the mound of stuffed animals, balloons and angel figurines.

Signs placed outside the home are pointing blame at both Elisa and Adam Baker. Neither has been charged in connection with Zahra’s death.

“Stepmom and daddy both need to be in jail,” reads one sign placed on the home’s front porch.

“Elisa and Adam Baker the world wants to know why you throw her out like trash,” says another.

Judy Whittcop of Hickory said she met Zahra’s biological mother, Emily Dietrich, who recently traveled to North Carolina from her native Australia, at the memorial.

“I know how she feels,” she said, explaining that her son died six years ago. “It’s not something easy to get over.”

Alice Tuttle of Taylorsville attended the vigil for Zahra. Allegations that Zahra might have been abused touched her, Tuttle said. “No child in this world should have to feel that way.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/16/1843798/mourners-for-zahra-we-want-justice.html
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: November 16, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »

Emotional Tribute to Murdered Girl .. Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_TgmVmL5fQ&feature=player_embedded
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »

going upstairs to watch the news...see what he says...
havent heard back from the G/F yet.

~Stacy
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »

I am kind of intersted in what he has to say, although it will be a PR thing as he had his attorney with him.
I was at work
I didn't know
I loved Zahra
I am devastated
I need a joint
I want my Mommy
I want to see how many of the six above I get right. Oh and he will thank LE.
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »

he jsut denied any involvemtn..said he couldnt do that to his baby...
i think hes lieing

~Stacy
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

Hundreds pack town square for Zahra's birthday

HICKORY, N.C. -- Hundreds of people packed Hickory's Union Square Tuesday evening to remember Zahra Baker on what would have been her 11th birthday.

Though police now say Zahra is dead, the birth date of the once-missing child was an opportunity for the strangers who've been touched by the story of her disapperance to celebrate her life. Many people traveled from miles--even states--away to light candles in Zahra's memory at a vigil in central downtown Hickory.

"My wife and I just felt we had to be here," said Tom Trinchera, who came from Johnson City, Tennessee.

Hickory's mayor Rudy White spoke, as well as Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins.

"39 days ago, most of us did not know Zahra Baker, but in this past month, we have fallen in love with her and we are better people because of it," Chief Adkins said. He relayed stories he's heard from Zahra's friends and family during the investigation into her death. "Nothing would slow her down. She wanted no pity. She wanted to be like every other child."

"As you pass that flame on to your neighbor," explained Adrienne Opdyke, of the Catawba County Children's Protection Council, as participants lit candles, "Promise not to forget Zahra's story and promise to make a difference in the lives of the children that you know."

Zahra's stepmother's sister, April Fairchild, was at the vigil. She says her rocky relationship with her sister kept her from knowing Zahra well, but she describes this time as "painful" for her family.

"All we have ever wanted is just closure," she said. She said her sister Elisa, suspected but not charged in Zahra's disappearance, deserves punishment if its due, but "Adam Baker deserves to be sitting right beside of her...I just pray that just like everything else, Hickory Police Department, all of the law enforcement, all of the people who have helped--shed tears--about this case, does not let this fall through the cracks like she fell through the cracks with DSS."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Hundreds-pack-town-square-for-Zahras-birthday-108573394.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

he jsut denied any involvemtn..said he couldnt do that to his baby...
i think hes lieing

The interviewed him for 90 minutes.  That was a waste of camera time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.