May 01, 2024, 04:57:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175616 times)
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #420 on: November 17, 2010, 12:39:49 AM »

To All: You're most welcome!! I was so honored to place the monkeys at the makeshift memorial at the house. They were collecting stuffed animals at the vigil but it seemed appropriate that SM monkeys should take their place with those that just came to the house out of an overflow from the heart. That's where you guys belong, because the most compassionate hearts I know are right here.

I'm so glad that the pile of love under that tree stands in the face and in front of the evil and cruelty that took place just yards away. Someone has hung a large lighted Christmas Star from the tree and it illuminates the balloons, gifts, and cards below. When I saw it, I knew that's where I wanted you guys to be represented; as a tangible answer to the darkness that lay beyond. I think Zahra would be pleased.

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #421 on: November 17, 2010, 12:40:30 AM »

Ty for all concern for it means a lot. And cbb I saw that star I took a pic of it. And I took a pic of a monkey. I wonder if it is the one you put out?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: November 17, 2010, 12:46:29 AM »

Ty for all concern for it means a lot. And cbb I saw that star I took a pic of it. And I took a pic of a monkey. I wonder if it is the one you put out?

I hope you rest well tonight. I know it had to be emotionally draining.

I also look forward to seeing your pictures.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2010, 12:50:16 AM »

CBB - what was all the junk laying around in the backyard?  I saw a mop laying against the back stairs in one of your pics - I just keep thinking of Scott Peterson - didn't he leave a mop at the back door?  Hey, maybe SM can write to him, they would make perfect penpals.

TY for all the pics!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »

My heartfelt thanks to CBB for representing all of us with the Monkeys....They were adorable. Thanks also for the pictures.
Luvmyboys...I look forward to seeing your pics tomorrow. I hope you sleep well tonight. Thanks for going to the vigil.
Goodnight Monkeys!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »

Hey you guys I am gonna post my pics 2morrow there are so many to do. And I am very very emotionly tired. I really got creeped out 2nite @ that house when I got back from getting the flash light everyone was got. So I got up on the porch and looked in and saw that border. Live laugh love.  That is what is said. Ughhhhh was no love at all in that house. Its was wierd seeing all kinds of stuff around that house. Idk it was a bit scarey. Anyway I am gonna put them on photobucket I forgot I could do it that way. I hope I don't have nightmares tonight. Rip baby girl zahra happy bday have fun playing with all the angels. Give caylee a hug for me.

Did u see that creepy Grim Reeper on the mantle ? Geez !

luvmyboys............ the house was creepy wasn't it? The back yard just felt bad, to me as well. I tried to look in the big window but the curtains were dark and closed. There wasn't a white liner on them; they looked almost black. There was a smell that I couldn't pinpoint, particularly in the backyard. After I left, I figured out it was a burnt odor. There are so many stumps of large trees in the backyard. It seemed fitting, somehow that living things had been hewn down recklessly. The back door is completely gone and plywood has been placed over the opening. I've never seen a place that looked more empty and hollow. The signs placed in front hang in witness to the exposure of secrets. I have no idea how luvmyboys took it in at night. I was there with the last light of a rainy day and it was sureal. After the vigil it POURED rain. I had gone to a tavern at Union square to eat, and the skys just opened up! I thought it seemed appropriate that Heaven shed tears for the cruelty children endure.

Looking forward to your pictures, luvmyboys!
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2010, 12:57:15 AM »

You guys don't have to thank me I was honored to represent all of us. And it was something I had to do. Gnite everyone. I will start on the pictures in the morning. Gnite everyone
crazybabyborg
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »

CBB - what was all the junk laying around in the backyard?  I saw a mop laying against the back stairs in one of your pics - I just keep thinking of Scott Peterson - didn't he leave a mop at the back door?  Hey, maybe SM can write to him, they would make perfect penpals.

TY for all the pics!

I don't know what all the junk was, but there was junk! Scott Peterson would have fit right in, Jackie!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:54 AM »

Was it this one?
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »

To All: You're most welcome!! I was so honored to place the monkeys at the makeshift memorial at the house. They were collecting stuffed animals at the vigil but it seemed appropriate that SM monkeys should take their place with those that just came to the house out of an overflow from the heart. That's where you guys belong, because the most compassionate hearts I know are right here.

I'm so glad that the pile of love under that tree stands in the face and in front of the evil and cruelty that took place just yards away. Someone has hung a large lighted Christmas Star from the tree and it illuminates the balloons, gifts, and cards below. When I saw it, I knew that's where I wanted you guys to be represented; as a tangible answer to the darkness that lay beyond. I think Zahra would be pleased.

CBB,

I posted quite a lengthy thank you and then my laptop died.  My apologies for this post.  I guess it did not pick up my reply before the power failed.  I loved watching the journey of your monkey to go to Zahra's Memorial.  For those of us who had obligations, restrictions, or even handicaps that kept us away.  Your pictorial was the next best thing to getting a chance to go.  No doubt all of our hearts were there with you today, no matter where our physical bodies may have been tied. 

The fearless monkey on an adventure for all of us to see Zahra's Memorial on her birthday!  She would have loved it! 
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:01 AM »

Great pictures, CBB.  How wonderful that you were there.  Waiting to see luv's pics, too.

Still reeling over the "exclusive" with Adam+Mommy.  Where is his raw grief?  Where is his outrage over the loss of his child?  Where is the utter horror and reclusiveness that would naturally be there if he only learned yesterday that his child was not only deceased, but had been dismembered?

Ugh.

EXACTLY!  I am outraged that he even showed his face to act like this.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:24 AM »

Really? Was it this one??
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:50 AM »

Cbb I can't see pictures right now cause I am on my phone. But yes there was as very weird feeling being there. Very scarey my sister and I wete there by our selves. It was erry. But we got soaked it rain on us the 1st time went. But oh my yes I was stuff everywhere in the back yard. I think I took pics of everything back there. So everyone will be able to see what we saw
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:28 AM »

Oh my goodness I really messes up that post lol
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »

Here is Chief Adkins' speech from the memorial:

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6CiJewNz0

Thirty-nine days ago, many of us did not know Zahra Baker.  But after more than a month, we have all fallen love with her and become better people because of her.  I've had the opportunity to talk to many people that knew Zahra and would like to share some of Those conversations with you tonight.

Born in Wagga Wagga in Australia, Zahra seemed like every other little girl.  Over time, She would move to Giru, where she would live and play around the sugar mill town like any other little girl.  But that's where cancer first struck her at age five.  As part of her treatment, her left leg above the knee was amputated.  Most of us would want to feel sorry for her, but she did not want pity; she wanted to be like every other child.

As part of her therapy, Zahra would do water exercises.  As another family member told me, eventually she started swimming, and she became a very good swimmer.  She could swim as fast as any other, with just the top part of her left leg.  Also, she would climb a rock wall as a part of her recovery.  Nothing could slow her down.  She wanted no pity; she wanted to be like every other child.

While in the hospital, she would make her rounds to the other children, hopping on just one leg.  She would provide them with encouragement for their upcoming treatment.  She would laugh and play games, taking their minds off what was to come.  As one family member said, she would not let anyone be sad.  She wanted no pity; she wanted to be like every other child.

Her cancer was spread to her lung and she had to have surgery to remove part of it.  She had a scar under her right arm, in the shape of an "x", and she would tell her family, "X marks the spot -- to my heart."  Also the chemo made her lose her hearing.  Most of us would think this would slow her down.  No, not Zahra.  Her great-aunt emailed me and said, and I quote, "Zahra had more guts and more determination" than anyone she's ever met.  I can believe this.  She wanted no pity, and she wanted to be like every other child.

She attended Camp Quality in Australia, a charity and a partnership with the military to provide a camp for children with cancer.  Again, Zahra was the life of the party.   She captured the hearts of everyone involved in the camp, taking advantage of all the events offered to her, such as riding on an armored personnel carrier.  She wanted no pity; she wanted to be like every other child.

Here in the Unites States, and in our community, it was the same thing with Zahra.  I've spoken to many people who say they fell in love with her right after meeting her.  Her constant smile, her bubbling personality, won us all over.  She loved to be around people, and would bring out the best in everyone.  When she received her hearing aids this past Spring, a person told us she was immediately drawn to her, and amazed by her spirit.  She loved to be around children and wanted to just fit in.  If she was at school with her classmates, or playing with neighborhood children, she wanted no pity; she wanted to be like every other child.

All the freckles on Zahra's face have been described as kisses from angels to her, and others have said that Zahra was an angel herself.  Whatever you want to believe, one thing is true:  Zahra touched all of our lives in this past month, and I encourage you to use her strength, and her determination, and her smile, to celebrate her life today.

Her great-aunt wrote me last night, saying, "Today over here in Australia is Zahra's eleventh birthday.  We want to celebrate her today -- her life, her guts, her smile, and most of all, we want to celebrate Zahra."

I say today, that "Z" for Zahra marks the way in our hearts.  God bless you, Zahra.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2010, 03:20:44 AM »

Thank you to all the Monkeys for their contributions on this day celebrating Zahra's birthday and her life here on earth.  She has made an impression on so many people in many places in the world.

The artwork, pictures, screen caps and links are all very much appreciated.  For CBB and others who travelled to the vigil my wish is that your journey home is a safe one.  Please take care.  CBB - love those monkey toys, but had hoped you would wave to us!

Now let us turn our thoughts and energies towards justice for those who harmed this sweet little girl.  Although it is taking what we consider a long time to arrest AB I want to know the LE have everything in order so that there is no question of his being able to slither out of any charges.  Also EB has surely incriminated herself more deeply than ever with her latest effort to gain a reduction in bond amount.  I hope the officials double her bond amount rather than decrease it.

Tibro - wonderful post!  And thank you for all the info you have provided...I've certainly learned alot from you and understand now why some things happened the way did in this heart-breaking case   

Thank you Leroy.  It must be difficult for others to understand how things "run" here.  I know I get surprised by what information is out there on the internet for some countries.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2010, 03:21:56 AM »

TY for all the pics!

I don't know what all the junk was, but there was junk! Scott Peterson would have fit right in, Jackie!!

Only a mop left?  Maybe the step mother took the broom with her for a fast getaway.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: November 17, 2010, 03:23:39 AM »

I just watched it again and at the beginning where he is supposed to be crying there are no tears.  He is Casey crying.  Guess his lawyer has not taught him how to poke himself in the eye first.

Maybe they ran out of onions to slice up also.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2010, 03:28:24 AM »

Thank you for the link Desi.

What a waste of bandwidth that was.  I thought I read they filmed for 90 minutes and all we got is 3 minutes and most of that was everything but AB.  Surely it is a teaser for a much longer programe to be aired at a later date.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2010, 03:34:56 AM »

Really? Was it this one??

CBB I love these little guys.  Glad you arrived home safely and thank you for representing our monkey clan.

Thank you to all the others who went also.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.