May 01, 2024, 12:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175565 times)
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #560 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

You are so welcome. It was a honor to go and represent everyone here
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

Adam Baker interview transcript (WITH VIDEO)

(The following is a transcript of an interview between WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge and Adam Baker, the father of Zahra Baker. This is Baker's first sit down interview since Zahra went missing.)

BACKGROUND: On Friday, Hickory Police say they had enough evidence [remains] to say they found Zahra Baker, who went missing more than a month ago from her Hickory home. Police said test results on a bone found during a search showed that Zahra was dead.

Court papers filed by Adam's wife, Elisa, said the body had been dismembered and remains had been scattered in several locations across Caldwell County.

Steve Ohnesorge: What did you think of everything they did tonight?

Adam Baker: I thought it was really.. Really nice. Very, uh .. Very appropriate.

Steve Ohnesorge: Now do you wanted to be there.

Adam Baker:  Yeah. I would have liked to have gone, but I didn't want everybody to, uh, take their focus off Zahra, which, everybody needs to get some kind of closure.

Steve Ohnesorge: Have you experienced where people have yelled at you, said things?

Adam Baker: Yeah,

Steve Ohnesorge: What have you heard? What have people said?

Adam Baker: Ummm .. That I'm a child abuser, um, a murderer.

Steve Ohnesorge: People have called you a murderer?

Adam Baker: Yeah.

Steve Ohnesorge: what do you say to them?

Adam Baker: Everybody has their own opinion, um, there's no way in the world that I would have hurt my daughter.

See More: Watch Steve's story about Adam's interview 

Steve Ohnesorge: So people need to know you didn't do this?

Adam Baker: No. There's no way I could do that to my baby.

Steve Ohnesorge: You didn't dismember her?

Adam Baker: (shakes head) uh-unh. No.

tape break shows Adam Baker watching vigil on computer (short)

Steve Ohnesorge: What does it mean to you, the fact that they did this (the vigil)?

Adam Baker: No. Meant the world to me. Especially Tom [Adkins, Hickory Police Chief] speaking. Umm, I've had a lot of time with Tom, and he's .. Very down-to-earth. Speaks from the heart. Umm. He pretty much summed up Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: Where do you think it goes from here? There's a lot. Do you want to at some point go back to Australia or do you want to make your life here, somewhere in the United States?

Adam Baker: umm .. I think I'm going to go back to Australia. I have a family here, but most of my family, and Zahra's family is in Australia.

Full Coverage: The Search for Zahra

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you want to take Zahra back with you?

Adam Baker: (softly) Yeah.

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you think that's where she deserves to be, or what do you think?

Adam Baker: I think that's where she'd want to be.

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you think that's where she deserves to be, or what do you think?

Adam Baker: I think that's where she'd want to be. Umm.. She has a lot of friends, and a lot of family in Australia. Umm... that need her to be over there.

Steve Ohnesorge: Your overall thoughts at this point. This has been a difficult day, but for the people that were out there today. That were out there to remember Zahra, what would you say to them?

Adam Baker: Umm. I'd like to thank everybody for coming to the vigil. Umm. I'd like to thank the organizers for setting that up. I'd like to thank the Hickory Police, all the other law enforcement agencies and the community, for everything they've done for Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: This has been a tough, tough thing. You haven't been able to really say what you want to say, have you?

Adam Baker: (shakes head) No. No, umm it's been very hard to try and grieve for my daughter. Umm. With everything that's going on. Umm. it's very hard to go and do stuff without people looking at you. Yelling things..

Steve Ohnesorge: Saying things to you.

Steve Ohnesorge: Calling you murderer

Adam Baker: (nods) Yeah.

Steve Ohnesorge: But you've got a positive outlook. You think that things are going to work out, you believe..

Adam Baker: I, I, I just um .. I just hope that, uh .. The police get all the evidence they need to uh .. To get the, the right result and justice for Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: What is the right result?

Adam Baker: That uh, whoever they find guilty of this..

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you think Elisa was involved?

Adam Baker: (looks away towards his lawyer, avoids eye contact .. Then refocuses on Ohnesorge). I'm (shrugs shoulders) I haven't been given all the details on what's been going on.

Steve Ohnesorge: (adjusts camera) Overall thoughts on, we had the vigil tonight, but this doesn't end, I mean, you're still -- this doesn't end the grieving process. I mean, this just .. You're still hurting, (camera re-steadies) that's going to go .. Will the hurt ever go away, do you think?

Adam Baker: (softly) ..no. ... ... (phone rings) .. This uhh...

(Video break)

Steve Ohnesorge: The hurt won't go away?

Adam Baker: No. There's no possible way to uh (shrugs shoulders) .. Ever fill the hole left by my daughter. (camera adjusts)

Steve Ohnesorge: We've got mom. Mom's there. Can I ask you, how much did this mean to have something like this? It doesn't bring closure, but ... But it helps? (cam steadies)

Karen Baker: It helps. It's nice to see people remember the small. Please remember the small, the fun. She taught us to be strong. We learned a lot from that little girl, and I hope everybody else just remembers the small.

Steve Ohnesorge: What about, he's still your little boy. (mom smiles at Adam baker still rubbing his back) I mean, this is tough on the family, but you're with him. You're gonna stay by him.

Karen Baker: I'll stay by my son. It's really hard to listen to people call him murderer and child abuser. But people don't know, and the police will .. Find out exactly what happened, and then we'll all know the truth. And then the world will see that he loved his daughter. And she meant the world to him.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13519440#
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: November 17, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »

here are most of the pics that i took last night....if you guys want..i can just upload only what i took of the yard and house cause i don't think i got them all on here..but for the most part i got them all...i hope this works so here is the link .......http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/hopek_2007/zahra%20bday%20and%20memorial/

Thank you !   an angelic monkey  It brings me to tears just to look as these as you can feel the hurt of the people in them.  The cake was a wonderful gesture and it has made me cry.  We used to be foster parents and I have shed many tears over what some kids have gone through.  I have taken in  friends of my kids as well and they still call me Mom.  One is in the army now and another is a child counsellor.   I too would have taken Zahra in in a heartbeat. She would have been surrounded by love and I am sure she would have really made a difference in this world.  I have to believe there is a reason God called her as hard as it is to understand and as much as it hurts. 

Awwww Northern Rose.   an angelic monkey  The world needs more foster parents like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  <monkey hugs!>

BBM
I think Zahra has made a difference in this world.

She has touched so many people and made us aware of the need for protecting our children.

She has shown such bravery and courage in her short life.

As the Chief Tom Atkins said at her memorial last night, "In more than a month, we've fallen in love with her and become better people because of her."

I also believe more positive things will occur because of her life.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: November 17, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

Hi Wyks, I agree about ripping down that evil house  if not I'm afraid it may turn into a place that people go just to see the house and talk about what happened there 

Hi No Rose!  I agree! 

The outrage over what happened to this little child is overwhelming, and if this was also some kind of ritual, I can't even picture the outrage that will happen, it just sends chills up me.

It is overwhelming, I agree.  Outrage from folks as well all across the USA and beyond.  One thing tho, if this was some kind of ritual, I kinda doubt 'the public' will hear about it.  In places where these things have occured and LE is working the case, they put a 'gag order' on the media regarding the details.  They do it to 'protect the senses of the public'.  Which is understandable.  And yet..... at the same time, it leaves the public unaware of these things, which makes it hard for them to believe such things can and do occur.  Also at the same time, little justice is brought on behalf of the victim/s.  It's all so hush-hush.  Sigh. 

Wyks - not sure if you have seen the pictures of the shelf in the living room.  Some are saying that the goblet and box beside it are offerings.  There is also a statue on the fireplace mantel that looks like the grim reaper.  What is your take on this?  I can dig up the shelf image if you have not seen it. 

I've seen it.  The goblet is similiar to those always used in rituals.  This and the other things seen on the shelf and reflected in the mirror, (IMO), indicate at the very least 'an interest'.  But neither are 'an altar' perse.  An altar is set up very precisely.  And that goblet is just sitting there, not in the place where it would be on 'an altar'. 

What seems to be black candles hanging on the wall is another another sign of 'an interest'.  Can we get that part of the pics enlarged?  Not sure if it's the lighting of the pic or not, my first impression was black candles tho.  Which are indicative of.. well.. ugh. 

I hope this helps.  You can see the self in the mirror better here as well.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: November 17, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »

I was not going to say anything but the picture I uploaded of the lady in the black and white print jacket it was me. When I finally got up to the stage my sis was already there and had lite the candles. When I walked up there I just completely lost it. There was a little boy about 4 he asked his mommy could he blow out the candles and as his mom said let's just wait and let them blow out on there on. One of the candles blew out. As if zahra was saying here you go ill blow it out for you. That was so awesom about the timeing Smile

thanks for sharing that with us....I wondered who the woman was and wanted to reach out and hug her....so consider yourself hugged.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #565 on: November 17, 2010, 01:37:10 PM »

Awwww ty I feel your hug!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »

Ma Baker rubbing her spawns back during the whole interview and the sideways glance AB gives to his lawyer when he is asked if Elesa did this. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »

LMB....... did you smell the burnt odor at the house? If anyone has ever had wood in a fireplace from a former fire and left the damper open when it rained, that's the smell. The back yard was eerie to me. It was good sized and looked "raped" to me. Huge multiple stumps where trees had been hewn down, trash all around, and absolutely void of anything at all that said "child". Not one sign a child had ever stepped foot anywhere on the property. Everytime I took a breath my nostrils filled with that smell. The house looked to me like a facade in front of an endless cave.......... just emptied out of life.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2010, 01:48:05 PM »

Adam Baker interview transcript (WITH VIDEO)

(The following is a transcript of an interview between WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge and Adam Baker, the father of Zahra Baker. This is Baker's first sit down interview since Zahra went missing.)

BACKGROUND: On Friday, Hickory Police say they had enough evidence [remains] to say they found Zahra Baker, who went missing more than a month ago from her Hickory home. Police said test results on a bone found during a search showed that Zahra was dead.

Court papers filed by Adam's wife, Elisa, said the body had been dismembered and remains had been scattered in several locations across Caldwell County.

Steve Ohnesorge: What did you think of everything they did tonight?

Adam Baker: I thought it was really.. Really nice. Very, uh .. Very appropriate.

Steve Ohnesorge: Now do you wanted to be there.

Adam Baker:  Yeah. I would have liked to have gone, but I didn't want everybody to, uh, take their focus off Zahra, which, everybody needs to get some kind of closure.

Steve Ohnesorge: Have you experienced where people have yelled at you, said things?

Adam Baker: Yeah,

Steve Ohnesorge: What have you heard? What have people said?

Adam Baker: Ummm .. That I'm a child abuser, um, a murderer.

Steve Ohnesorge: People have called you a murderer?

Steve Ohnesorge: what do you say to them?

Adam Baker: Everybody has their own opinion, um, there's no way in the world that I would have hurt my daughter.

See More: Watch Steve's story about Adam's interview 

Steve Ohnesorge: So people need to know you didn't do this?

Adam Baker: No. There's no way I could do that to my baby.

Steve Ohnesorge: You didn't dismember her?

Adam Baker: (shakes head) uh-unh. No.

tape break shows Adam Baker watching vigil on computer (short)

Steve Ohnesorge: What does it mean to you, the fact that they did this (the vigil)?

Adam Baker: No. Meant the world to me. Especially Tom [Adkins, Hickory Police Chief] speaking. Umm, I've had a lot of time with Tom, and he's .. Very down-to-earth. Speaks from the heart. Umm. He pretty much summed up Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: Where do you think it goes from here? There's a lot. Do you want to at some point go back to Australia or do you want to make your life here, somewhere in the United States?

Adam Baker: umm .. I think I'm going to go back to Australia. I have a family here, but most of my family, and Zahra's family is in Australia.

Full Coverage: The Search for Zahra

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you want to take Zahra back with you?

Adam Baker: (softly) Yeah.

Adam Baker: I think that's where she'd want to be.

Adam Baker: I think that's where she'd want to be. Umm.. She has a lot of friends, and a lot of family in Australia. Umm... that need her to be over there.

Steve Ohnesorge: Your overall thoughts at this point. This has been a difficult day, but for the people that were out there today. That were out there to remember Zahra, what would you say to them?

Adam Baker: Umm. I'd like to thank everybody for coming to the vigil. Umm. I'd like to thank the organizers for setting that up. I'd like to thank the Hickory Police, all the other law enforcement agencies and the community, for everything they've done for Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: This has been a tough, tough thing. You haven't been able to really say what you want to say, have you?

Adam Baker: (shakes head) No. No, umm it's been very hard to try and grieve for my daughter. Umm. With everything that's going on. Umm. it's very hard to go and do stuff without people looking at you. Yelling things..

Steve Ohnesorge: Saying things to you.

Steve Ohnesorge: Calling you murderer

Adam Baker: (nods) Yeah.

Steve Ohnesorge: But you've got a positive outlook. You think that things are going to work out, you believe..

Adam Baker: I, I, I just um .. I just hope that, uh .. The police get all the evidence they need to uh .. To get the, the right result and justice for Zahra.

Steve Ohnesorge: What is the right result?

Adam Baker: That uh, whoever they find guilty of this..

Steve Ohnesorge: Do you think Elisa was involved?

Adam Baker: (looks away towards his lawyer, avoids eye contact .. Then refocuses on Ohnesorge). I'm (shrugs shoulders) I haven't been given all the details on what's been going on.

Steve Ohnesorge: (adjusts camera) Overall thoughts on, we had the vigil tonight, but this doesn't end, I mean, you're still -- this doesn't end the grieving process. I mean, this just .. You're still hurting, (camera re-steadies) that's going to go .. Will the hurt ever go away, do you think?

Adam Baker: (softly) ..no. ... ... (phone rings) .. This uhh...

(Video break)

Steve Ohnesorge: The hurt won't go away?

Adam Baker: No. There's no possible way to uh (shrugs shoulders) .. Ever fill the hole left by my daughter. (camera adjusts)

Steve Ohnesorge: We've got mom. Mom's there. Can I ask you, how much did this mean to have something like this? It doesn't bring closure, but ... But it helps? (cam steadies)

Karen Baker: It helps. It's nice to see people remember the small. Please remember the small, the fun. She taught us to be strong. We learned a lot from that little girl, and I hope everybody else just remembers the small.

Steve Ohnesorge: What about, he's still your little boy. (mom smiles at Adam baker still rubbing his back) I mean, this is tough on the family, but you're with him. You're gonna stay by him.

Karen Baker: I'll stay by my son. It's really hard to listen to people call him murderer and child abuser. But people don't know, and the police will .. Find out exactly what happened, and then we'll all know the truth. And then the world will see that he loved his daughter. And she meant the world to him.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13519440#

6 minutes of the interview at this link.  That POS and MOMMY make me sick!

Thanks for posting this NR an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #569 on: November 17, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »

Thanks for the screen caps, NR. I noticed Ma Baker's "comfort" to AB as well. Has she listened to the 9-1-1 call? Does she have eyes, ears, or a brain?   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »

Ma Baker all smiley when the interviewer saying mom is here, and her look of pride at spawn when the interviewer says "your little boy"   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »

Ma Baker rubbing her spawns back during the whole interview and the sideways glance AB gives to his lawyer when he is asked if Elesa did this. 

it reminds me of cindy at Caylee's memorial.....how she was rubbing Lee's back.....gives me the willies

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #572 on: November 17, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

Cbb. Oh yes I sure did smell that smell. And not one sign of a child had been living there. And I was so creeped out being there just me and my sis. The 2nd time I went no one was there. It was scarey. And yes it was like a hole or void or something.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: November 17, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »

LMB....... did you smell the burnt odor at the house? If anyone has ever had wood in a fireplace from a former fire and left the damper open when it rained, that's the smell. The back yard was eerie to me. It was good sized and looked "raped" to me. Huge multiple stumps where trees had been hewn down, trash all around, and absolutely void of anything at all that said "child". Not one sign a child had ever stepped foot anywhere on the property. Everytime I took a breath my nostrils filled with that smell. The house looked to me like a facade in front of an endless cave.......... just emptied out of life.

CBB...great description...I can smell the burnt smell....I hope the house is torn down.........

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: November 17, 2010, 01:59:30 PM »

it reminds me of cindy at Caylee's memorial.....how she was rubbing Lee's back.....gives me the willies

A lot of Ma Baker reminds me of Rosebud.  MB saying when the truth comes out - now where have we heard that before?  Her comfort for her little spawn, saying that no one knows, now I am waiting for her to say that LE is only focusing on spawn  and that Zahra is alive somewhere.  I hope Hickory hides its garden hoses   

I think I need valium kitty this morning.

I want to see AB do the perp walk today more than anything. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #575 on: November 17, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

A lot of Ma Baker reminds me of Rosebud.  MB saying when the truth comes out - now where have we heard that before?  Her comfort for her little spawn, saying that no one knows, now I am waiting for her to say that LE is only focusing on spawn  and that Zahra is alive somewhere.  I hope Hickory hides its garden hoses   

I think I need valium kitty this morning.

I want to see AB do the perp walk today more than anything. 

For NR. Take one and pass it around!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #576 on: November 17, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »

Thanks for the screen caps, NR. I noticed Ma Baker's "comfort" to AB as well. Has she listened to the 9-1-1 call? Does she have eyes, ears, or a brain?   
Exactly CBB I do know some men are in their own world making a living and really don't pay much attention to the families daily routines. But there is no way he didn't know something was wrong in that house.  Ma Baker is has brain dead has her son.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #577 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »

CBB...great description...I can smell the burnt smell....I hope the house is torn down.........

I hope so too, Sunny; just level it and haul the rubble away. I'd keep the memorial tree, and that's it. Lots of love has been around that tree, but take one step away from it and it's like stepping into the entrance to Hell.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #578 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »

icky
just sick
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #579 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »

Adam Baker makes me want to throw up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.