April 30, 2024, 05:15:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175481 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »

Thank You Northern Rose for the articles. So Young was telling the truth when he said they were still married when she married AB 

Yup. A big Thank You shout out to Aaron Young for being honest and bringing this to light.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »

Adam, Elisa Baker Scheduled To Appear In Court Thursday (with video)

LENOIR, N.C. -- Both Adam and Elisa Baker, father and stepmother to Zahra Baker, are scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, and there’s a chance they will be in the Lenoir courtroom at the same time.

It’s been more than five weeks since the Bakers have seen one another. Elisa Baker has been in jail since the day after Zahra was reported missing, accused of writing a fake ransom note for another child.

Adam Baker was arrested on Oct. 25 on charges unrelated to the investigation into Zahra’s disappearance and death. He later bonded out of jail.

They are both scheduled to appear in court Tuesday on charges unrelated to the investigation. There will be extra security at the courthouse, Channel 9 has learned.

Maxine Pearson, who built a memorial near the Caldwell County site where the remains that are believed to be Zahra’s were found, said she thinks the extra security will be needed because of the emotions surrounding Zahra’s case.

“A lot of people are furious,” she said. “I've read a lot of comments on the news and Internet from people saying they can't wait to see her out.”

Many area residents said they were curious as to how the Bakers would react if they saw each other.

“I wish I could be in there to see their reaction toward each other, because nobody really knows the story. Not yet, anyway,” Tonya Brown said.

“Maybe emotions will come out. Maybe that's what needs to happen,” Steve Brown said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25829233/detail.html

I was wondering when the news outlets would mention that they both have appearances slated for tomorrow in court. They also both have cases on Friday in another county.

I wonder if Adam will be out on bail after the court cases.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »

thanks CBB and luvmyboys for the photos and for attending the vigil for Zahra...
that house looks lonely, which is how I suppose that Zahra felt if she ever really lived there...bless her little heart...I am still not able to really wrap my heart and brain around what happened to this little girl...I also wish that I could have taken Zahra and loved her...she would have been happy in our family...so sad...

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

I don't know who AY is referring to. Someone could send him a meaage via Facebook, like if you have a FB that isn't a " real " one, else he gets your " real" name. And BTW, I think AY could pick up the phone and call HPD. They probably would like to have coffee with him and find out what Adam and him have had to say to each other recently, The parts that weren't picked up on their listening devices that is. LOL
I am pretty sure thay have AB and his Mama Bear on tape too.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »

Thank you to the  Monkeys that went to the vigil and shared their pics with us...it was much appreciated.

In the pics of the shelf and mirror posted earlier, is that Chinese symbols on each side of the mirror, and if it is, does anyone know what they mean?

For the last week I have been thinking more and more that this was something ritualistic.
I found this for the month of Sept:

SEPTEMBER
20 Autumnal Equinox: Midnight host. Blood ritual. Dismemberment of corpses: hands are removed from hand of glory rituals. Cannibalism usually occurs.
23 Feast day and sexual orgies, with human sacrifice

From this site:http://www.davidicke.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-20749.html

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Zahra’s father, stepmother due in court on charges

Zahra Baker’s father and stepmother are scheduled to appear in court Thursday in Caldwell County on charges unrelated to the 10-year-old’s death.

Elisa and Adam Baker will appear in court on charges including bad checks, failure to return rental property and communicating threats. Adam Baker also faces charges of misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon.

News 14 Carolina also reported Wednesday that court documents filed in Caldwell County reveal Elisa Baker might have been married to another man when she married Adam Baker.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/17/1846025/zahras-father-stepmother-due-in.html
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2010, 10:44:32 PM »

Two things are really on my mind today.  First, I had been thinking for a while about Adam's immigration status and wondering what would happen with that.  Obviously, he hadn't retained citizenship.  I had wondered if he had a work visa or permanent residency, and why nothing had come up about deporting him when I read the article (someone kindly posted within this thread) earlier this afternoon.  I am very glad to see that they're going to concentrate on his U.S. issues first, but I still wonder why they don't have charges up against him concerning sweet Zahra.  It's just frustrating and infuriating, which bring me to the second point... his taped interviews, really all of them (but most especially today's).

Those interviews - never a tear.  If he had a real tear, he'd wipe it.  It's what humans do.  We have a tear, we wipe it away.  At least our arms move!  In every tape I've ever seen of him, his arms are stuck to his sides.  His hand never comes up to his face.   Is he trying hard to conceal nervous body language?  Or does he just not care?  I'm amazed that the only palpable sense of emotion I've gotten from him off of any of the interviews is the one from today.  There is a seriously intense moment when the interviewer asks if AB thinks that the stepmonster did it.  Just at that exact moment, you get intensity, you get movement, you get him doing anything other than sitting there like a marionette whose arm-strings are broken!  (Or course, still no hands or arms...).  He looks at his lawyer, looks the other way (as if he's trying to find a place to run), then comes up with a too-quite statement that he knows nothing.  I'm not buying it one bit!  There's never a reaction that strong that is combined with not knowing things! 

The other thing is when asked about being optimistic, he can NOT say anything like "I hope the evidence will show them what I know, and that is that I did NOT have anything to do with what happened to my baby."  He can't even commit to anything.  He just hopes that the police do the right thing with the person they find guilty. 

I know that any of you out there, and that I, would have a lot of strong language (and gestures) if someone were accusing us of doing something unthinkable like this.  It makes me wonder - is he that guilty, or did he break mentally at some point and is showing signs of a sort of catatonia, or disassociation?  There's something there that keeps throwing up these major red flags to me and really bother me in a sort of instinctive way.  The sort of things that if I were sitting in a room with him on a bench next to him, I'd move to another bench - real discomfort, and it's discomfort that I've been able to mentally separate from my strong feelings that he is just guilty as heck.

Anyway, those thoughts keep bothering me today.  This is my first time to post, and I have to say that as I've been reading I've been amazed at how wonderful this board is, and I'm honored to join it and look forward to my time here.  I, too, fell in love with Zahra and was absolutely devastated to find out what happened to her.  I've had a lot of mixed feelings about the whole thing (usually ranging from heartbroken to furious) and reading that others feel the same has really been helpful.  So thank you, and "hi".
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys Starwynn    A great first post!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2010, 10:51:38 PM »

Good evening everyone !

I had errands today, so was out and about.(My knee is reminding tonight).

I don't know if anyone has read here, but I enjoy this blog about statement analysis. The 1st post today is about Adam and his infamous presser last night.

It is worth a read IMO.

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »

I have more pics I got from my sis. She also took pics. Some look a lot the same and some are diff. There is one pic that is a pic of zahra and a young lady. Do you guys want me to put these pics up here?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

WELCOME starwynn   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »

I have more pics I got from my sis. She also took pics. Some look a lot the same and some are diff. There is one pic that is a pic of zahra and a young lady. Do you guys want me to put these pics up here?

If you add them to your photobucket they will all be in one place.  Just a thought.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2010, 11:07:08 PM »

I guess that is what I will do I just tried it where you post at but it said I can't do it. So I will put them on photobucket in the morning.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

Two things are really on my mind today.  First, I had been thinking for a while about Adam's immigration status and wondering what would happen with that.  Obviously, he hadn't retained citizenship.  I had wondered if he had a work visa or permanent residency, and why nothing had come up about deporting him when I read the article (someone kindly posted within this thread) earlier this afternoon.  I am very glad to see that they're going to concentrate on his U.S. issues first, but I still wonder why they don't have charges up against him concerning sweet Zahra.  It's just frustrating and infuriating, which bring me to the second point... his taped interviews, really all of them (but most especially today's).

Those interviews - never a tear.  If he had a real tear, he'd wipe it.  It's what humans do.  We have a tear, we wipe it away.  At least our arms move!  In every tape I've ever seen of him, his arms are stuck to his sides.  His hand never comes up to his face.   Is he trying hard to conceal nervous body language?  Or does he just not care?  I'm amazed that the only palpable sense of emotion I've gotten from him off of any of the interviews is the one from today.  There is a seriously intense moment when the interviewer asks if AB thinks that the stepmonster did it.  Just at that exact moment, you get intensity, you get movement, you get him doing anything other than sitting there like a marionette whose arm-strings are broken!  (Or course, still no hands or arms...).  He looks at his lawyer, looks the other way (as if he's trying to find a place to run), then comes up with a too-quite statement that he knows nothing.  I'm not buying it one bit!  There's never a reaction that strong that is combined with not knowing things! 

The other thing is when asked about being optimistic, he can NOT say anything like "I hope the evidence will show them what I know, and that is that I did NOT have anything to do with what happened to my baby."  He can't even commit to anything.  He just hopes that the police do the right thing with the person they find guilty. 

I know that any of you out there, and that I, would have a lot of strong language (and gestures) if someone were accusing us of doing something unthinkable like this.  It makes me wonder - is he that guilty, or did he break mentally at some point and is showing signs of a sort of catatonia, or disassociation?  There's something there that keeps throwing up these major red flags to me and really bother me in a sort of instinctive way.  The sort of things that if I were sitting in a room with him on a bench next to him, I'd move to another bench - real discomfort, and it's discomfort that I've been able to mentally separate from my strong feelings that he is just guilty as heck.

Anyway, those thoughts keep bothering me today.  This is my first time to post, and I have to say that as I've been reading I've been amazed at how wonderful this board is, and I'm honored to join it and look forward to my time here.  I, too, fell in love with Zahra and was absolutely devastated to find out what happened to her.  I've had a lot of mixed feelings about the whole thing (usually ranging from heartbroken to furious) and reading that others feel the same has really been helpful.  So thank you, and "hi".

Very thoughtful post, starwynn, and good observations! 

WELCOME to Scared Monkeys!!  We're glad you're here!
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #654 on: November 17, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »

Adam  is older, but IMO has the same mental illness that Joran does. It is not normal to remain that composed if u r innocent.

BOTH show alarming similarities and Scott Peterson too.

My 4 sons are grown and gone, but....let someone do anything to hurt them, and you will see a
mad gorilla jump out of the cage and raise holy he*& ! It is the only normal way to react, when your
"youngins" r in harms way. It is human nature of a NORMAL, mentally healthy adult to protect their young.

These dudes all must have misfires in the neuro transmitter dept. in their belfries.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #655 on: November 17, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »

Are there any locals in NC going to attempt court in the am, and
observe the 2 lovebirds meet face to face after 5 weeks ?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »

Nice to meet you and welcome, starwynn!

Great post. Hope to read more from you!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: November 17, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »

Items left for Zahra Baker donated to kids in need   (video)

http://www.wcnc.com/video?id=108770039&sec=731773
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »

Welcome to all the new monkeys.  Such a tragic case to bring you to our cage.

Luvmyboys thank you for those pics.  Those and the ones taken by CBB gave us such a feeling of actually being there and even in pics that house just reeks of evil.  I hope the owner eventually demolishes it and uses the land as a memorial to Zahra.

I watched part of that interview and read the transcript carefully and it makes me sick.  We have no idea what Adam was like before he chose to step into the evil step mother's web but in all the videos of him since Zahra's reported disappearance he has appeared to be totally separated from reality.  We could see he was not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but in this latest effort he is in a catatonic state as starwynn posted.   The interviewer led him in all the questions and his answers were nowhere near what anyone would consider a positive response.  Also with his mother sitting there rubbing his back I could not decide if she was consoling him, controlling what he may say or just "burping" him.

I hope to read he has been jailed after tomorrow's hearing.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: November 18, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »

Starwynn Adam still retains his Australian citizenship as did Zahra. According to the media the LE are holding passports for both Adam and EB in this sorry saga. I have read he came here on a visitor's visa and also read he held a work visa so not sure which is valid at this point.  I am sure a visitor's visa would have expired by now and I think both of them just kept well under the radar and kept moving residence until this finally caught up with them.

He would be liable to be deported but now with criminal charges against him he would have to face those and any resulting jail time before being held in detention pending deportation.  Hoping the jail time is a very lengthy one when LE have finished with him.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.