May 01, 2024, 12:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175569 times)
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #680 on: November 18, 2010, 11:49:50 AM »

With tears in my eyes, I read about the toys being given to Cops for Tots.  This is EXACTLY what Zahra would do.  Even through the chemo treatments, it has been written that she would often give comfort to others.  I know she is looking down with pride at the thought of needy kids having a toy for Christmas.  I wish I could have known her.  I would have been relentless in seeking a safe haven for her to live.   She will forever be imprinted in my heart.

AB= a really cold hearted b@$$++++!!!!.  Even Ma Barker loved her kids and showed affection.  He is a loser as a father and a fellow human being.  There is no way a parent could be so cold hearted and uncaring, showing no emotion even when the remains were found.  I bet he has not been out to the site.   Most parents would be out looking and helping with the search.  Most parents would not be able to help themselves.  I know there is no way I could just sit in the house when my child was missing and presumed dead. You would have to tie me up to keep me away.  I have not lookde at the pictures of the vigil yet but I know they will tear me up.  Thanks to all the monkeys for taking time out of their lives to go and show support and love for Zahra.  It couldn't have been easy.  At least we know she is safe, happy and whole now.   an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

And out of this tragedy, some kids that wouldn't have gotten much or anything at Christmas will get a stuffed animal  an angelic monkey

I'm so glad you posted that, NRCG! I'm so hungry to find anything good to come from this. Thank You!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »

I know all here want to see AB locked up and I feel it is coming, however, I believe HPD and the other agencies are working their best to have as much evidence as possible when they do charge him.  You can rest assured LE is doing all they can do to secure justice for Zahra.

I feel that all LE are working diligently to be sure the charges will stick.  I venture to say that these men and women working on this case have taken Zahra's demise very personally and they will suceed.

I'd love to see AB doing the perp walk - but I can be patient.  I want Justice for Zahra worse.

I think you're exactly right, Kimmy!! 

I want him to see the perp walk as well.  I am fearful that with him asking to have the Aussie consulate notified that he is working on being extradited back to Aussie to either come back for any court proceedings and or to serve his time in Aussie.  With his work visa in question he is probably thinking he is on the fast track to be deported and I am thinking that is why Ma Baker is still hanging around.  I really hope he goes no where until justice is served for Zahra.

From a documentary I have seen the Aussie jail system is not structured like north America.  They do not feel that the purpose of jail is to punish but rather to rehabilitate.  The jails in Australia are more like spas that you can not leave than a cell that you have to stay in from what was shown in the documentary.  Maybe our Aussie monkeys can give their opinion on this. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: November 18, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »

I know all here want to see AB locked up and I feel it is coming, however, I believe HPD and the other agencies are working their best to have as much evidence as possible when they do charge him.  You can rest assured LE is doing all they can do to secure justice for Zahra.

I feel that all LE are working diligently to be sure the charges will stick.  I venture to say that these men and women working on this case have taken Zahra's demise very personally and they will suceed.

I'd love to see AB doing the perp walk - but I can be patient.  I want Justice for Zahra worse.

I think you're exactly right, Kimmy!! 

I want him to see the perp walk as well.  I am fearful that with him asking to have the Aussie consulate notified that he is working on being extradited back to Aussie to either come back for any court proceedings and or to serve his time in Aussie.  With his work visa in question he is probably thinking he is on the fast track to be deported and I am thinking that is why Ma Baker is still hanging around.  I really hope he goes no where until justice is served for Zahra.

From a documentary I have seen the Aussie jail system is not structured like north America.  They do not feel that the purpose of jail is to punish but rather to rehabilitate.  The jails in Australia are more like spas that you can not leave than a cell that you have to stay in from what was shown in the documentary.  Maybe our Aussie monkeys can give their opinion on this. 

I check everyday to see if he is arrested yet.   I'll wait patiently until that time comes also.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #684 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »

And out of this tragedy, some kids that wouldn't have gotten much or anything at Christmas will get a stuffed animal  an angelic monkey

I'm so glad you posted that, NRCG! I'm so hungry to find anything good to come from this. Thank You!!
I'm a huge fan of this at Christmas and we always give toys to the children that are in need. I just love the idea that this is what will be happening, and these toys will be even more special, because they were given with such love.  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: November 18, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »

Parents of dead girl skip NC court appearances
The Associated Press LENOIR, N.C. --
The father and stepmother of a dead North Carolina girl are skipping the chance to appear in court on charges unrelated to the girl's disappearance.

Adam and Elisa Baker had hearings scheduled in court in Lenoir on Thursday on misdemeanor charges. Neither appeared in person.

Adam Baker is free on bail. Defense lawyer Mark Killian would not talk about the investigation into Zahra Baker's death. Killian says Adam Baker wants time to grieve and absorb everything that's happened.

Elisa Baker is jailed on a charge of obstructing justice in the investigation of Zahra's disappearance.

Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 9. Police say they found her remains in two locations near Hickory. They have not said how she died.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/11/18/2625413/parents-of-dead-girl-face-appearance.html
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #686 on: November 18, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »

In 1 of the pics I just put up. There is a pic of a pic of someone with zahra. Does anyone know who that is?

If you meant the one on the tree, it is Brittany Starbucks, stepmonster's daughter.

2 4 1
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »

oh ok ty
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: November 18, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »

AB may be working on leaving the US, but he is out on bond AND there's an open murder investigation. I do not see him going anywhere.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: November 18, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »

I'm a huge fan of this at Christmas and we always give toys to the children that are in need. I just love the idea that this is what will be happening, and these toys will be even more special, because they were given with such love.  an angelic monkey

This was Emily's decision.

I thought it was such a lovely gesture.

Even in her grief for Zahra, she thought of other children.

an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

Adam and Elisa Baker's court appearance

LENOIR --
Adam and Elisa Baker were scheduled to be in court in Lenoir Thursday morning on a string of charges unrelated to the disappearance of Adam’s daughter, Zahra Baker.

Neither of them showed up.

Adam’s attorney Mark Killian attended the hearing and asked that his client’s court date be continued until Jan. 27, 2010. Elisa’s appearance was re-scheduled for the same day.

Elisa was arrested on more than a dozen charges on nine outstanding arrest warrants on Oct. 9 – the day after Zahra was reported missing. On Oct. 12, she was charged with obstruction of justice after she admitted to writing a fake ransom note demanding $1 million. Later that day, Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department announced that the Amber Alert for Zahra had been cancelled and the investigation was being handled as a homicide case.

Elisa Baker is being held on a $97,000 bond.

Adam Baker was arrested on outstanding warrants on Oct. 25 and bonded out of jail on Oct. 27.

District Court charges heard in a Lenoir courtroom Thursday:

Elisa Baker:

- Driving while license revoked; fictitious/revoked registration card/tag

- Operating a vehicle with no insurance

- Misdemeanor fraud disposal of mortgage property

- Driving while license revoked, unsafe tires

- Failure to return rental property on which there is a purchase option

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

Adam Baker:

-Failure to return property on which there is a purchase option

-Communicating threats

-Communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/18/adam-and-elisa-bakers-court-appearance-ar-548728/
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

Adam and Elisa Baker's court appearance

LENOIR --
Adam and Elisa Baker were scheduled to be in court in Lenoir Thursday morning on a string of charges unrelated to the disappearance of Adam’s daughter, Zahra Baker.

Neither of them showed up.

Adam’s attorney Mark Killian attended the hearing and asked that his client’s court date be continued until Jan. 27, 2010. Elisa’s appearance was re-scheduled for the same day.

Elisa was arrested on more than a dozen charges on nine outstanding arrest warrants on Oct. 9 – the day after Zahra was reported missing. On Oct. 12, she was charged with obstruction of justice after she admitted to writing a fake ransom note demanding $1 million. Later that day, Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department announced that the Amber Alert for Zahra had been cancelled and the investigation was being handled as a homicide case.

Elisa Baker is being held on a $97,000 bond.

Adam Baker was arrested on outstanding warrants on Oct. 25 and bonded out of jail on Oct. 27.

District Court charges heard in a Lenoir courtroom Thursday:

Elisa Baker:

- Driving while license revoked; fictitious/revoked registration card/tag

- Operating a vehicle with no insurance

- Misdemeanor fraud disposal of mortgage property

- Driving while license revoked, unsafe tires

- Failure to return rental property on which there is a purchase option

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Communicating threats

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

- Worthless check

Adam Baker:

-Failure to return property on which there is a purchase option

-Communicating threats

-Communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

-Worthless check

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/18/adam-and-elisa-bakers-court-appearance-ar-548728/
He is such an upstanding person that I can see why his mother is so protective of him and his reputation.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: November 18, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »

See, that's what I am afraid of, too!  I did see a comment on one of the zillions of articles I read.  The comment was from someone from Australia who was glad that AB was caught in the states, stating that at least we punish people here (versus their system in Australia).  So I can't help but think you're right! 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #693 on: November 18, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

For Emily and all of us...

Though You have made me see troubles, many & bitter, You will restore my life again, from the depths of the earth You will again bring me up and comfort me once again. Ps. 71:20

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

Just checking in to see what is the latest. It has been a shocking case to say the least....Glad about the toys, that was so nice. I can't believe Adam has not been arrested, why is that?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

Zahra's parents married before Elisa Baker's divorce finalized?

LENIOR, NC (WBTV) - Hickory Police are looking into the marital status of the father and stepmother of a girl who was first listed as missing in October and was reported dead last week.

Adam and Elisa Baker, the father and stepmother of Zahra Baker, may have been married before Elisa Baker's divorce from her previous husband was final, which could make their Australian marriage invalid.

WBTV has information that the couple, whose daughter was allegedly last seen by family members on Oct. 9 and was reported dead Friday, were married in Australia, where Adam and Zahra were originally from, in the summer of 2008.

Records that WBTV has obtained indicate that Elisa Baker, 42, who was married at least three times in the past, had her divorce finalized in August of 2009

Adam Baker, 33, brought 10-year-old Zahra with him when he moved to the US after meeting Elisa Baker on a website called IMVU, a social network and 3D virtual world where people create characters of themselves.

Zahra's biological mother suffered from severe post-partum depression after giving birth and gave up custody of Zahra in 2000 when she was just 6 months old.

Zahra Baker had suffered from two battles with cancer and lost her leg and hearing in that struggle.

Meanwhile on Thursday, the Bakers  were appointed attorneys in a court hearing Thursday in Caldwell County. The charges in the hearings for Elisa and Adam Baker are unrelated to the investigation into the disappearance and death of Zahra.

The Baker couple did not appear in Caldwell County court on Thursday and their cases were continued to Jan. 27, 2011. They were both given attorneys for the various charges, which include communicating threats.

Adam Baker, the biological father of Zahra, already had a lawyer, but that attorney had a conflict in the case, so on Thursday he was appointed a different one for these allegations.

Elisa Baker's attorney for an obstruction of justice charge in the Zahra case was appointed to represent her on these other charges, too. Police say Elisa Baker admitted to writing a fake ransom note the day Zahra was reported missing.

The court moves come just two days after hundreds showed up for a vigil on what would have been Zahra's 11th birthday. Many people were grieving the girl's death, but some were angry no charges have been filed directly related to her death.

Adam Baker, Zahra's father, faces charges of worthless checks, communicating threats, and assault with a deadly weapon.

Elisa Baker, stepmother of Zahra, is in court on charges of communicating threats and worthless checks.

Elisa is being held in jail on the obstruction of justice charge

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13528956
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: November 18, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »

Elisa Baker's Divorce Discrepancy? (video)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category.asp?c=195957&clipId=5307070&flvUri=&partnerclipid=&topVideoCatNo=128873&autoStart=true&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: November 18, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »

So Aaron lived across the street in the trailer park and Gothmonster even told the neighbours he was her brother.  WTF

So sad people are vandalizing the house now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: November 18, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »

Elisa Baker Could Face Bigamy Charge

HICKORY, N.C. -- Police are looking into more possible charges against Elisa Baker, stepmother of Zahra Baker, but they are unrelated to the girl’s disappearance and death.

Police are investigating whether Elisa committed bigamy by marrying Adam Baker, Channel 9 has learned. She was still married to another man when she married Adam Baker in Australia in July 2008, according to divorce papers.

When the Bakers moved to Sawmills, neighbors said Elisa Baker’s other husband lived right across the street.

“She always told us it was her brother and then, after they moved out, I found out it was her old man,” neighbor Bobby Green said.

Mark Killian, Adam Baker’s attorney, declined to comment on the allegations, but did touch on his client and the loss of Zahra.

“Right now, I still think he needs time to grieve and to absorb everything that has happened,” Killian said.

Adam Baker is scheduled to appear in court Friday on charges unrelated to the Zahra investigation. No charges have been filed in the girl’s death or disappearance.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25842532/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: November 18, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »

Elisa Baker Could Face Bigamy Charge (video)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25843125/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.