May 01, 2024, 12:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175568 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: November 19, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »

Here is his "I let a stinky rip" look
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: November 19, 2010, 03:22:03 PM »

What is AB smiling at?

He got his attorney appointed,

He wasn't arrested,

He has his mumzie at his side running interference for him.

That smiling shot was before he entered the courtroom.

Then maybe he's smiling because he soiled himself and thinks no one else noticed.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: November 19, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »

Anyone else notice that they're driving yet another vehicle? The last time we saw the gruesome twosome they were getting into a black pickup. Now they're getting into a white car. I remember it being said that KB had to wait to come to the states because of the cost, so where is the $$$ coming from? Different rigs, new clothes, new apartment...no job. Can't wrap my head around it.

I did. Looks like a small silver SUV to me. A rental, perhaps?

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: November 19, 2010, 03:36:23 PM »

Anyone else notice that they're driving yet another vehicle? The last time we saw the gruesome twosome they were getting into a black pickup. Now they're getting into a white car. I remember it being said that KB had to wait to come to the states because of the cost, so where is the $$$ coming from? Different rigs, new clothes, new apartment...no job. Can't wrap my head around it.

I did. Looks like a small silver SUV to me. A rental, perhaps?

Anyone know if the brother went back to Australia. Haven't seen him since the Uhaul move.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: November 19, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

4 Donks, I read that the brother was back in Australia.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: November 19, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »

4 Donks, I read that the brother was back in Australia.
Thanks
I thought maybe he was helping with some of the living costs.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: November 19, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »

]A picture says a thousand words    His face says more
Looks like he has placed himself in virtual handcuffs, IMO.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »

I wish they'd take away his driver's license.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: November 19, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »

Ok now I'm upset and really don't understand. Zahra was dismembered and now the 3 people in Ohio that were in the tree trunk were dismembered. What is going on and who thinks this up. Is it a copycat crime or are there that many depraved SOBs in this world.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: November 19, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

Ok now I'm upset and really don't understand. Zahra was dismembered and now the 3 people in Ohio that were in the tree trunk were dismembered. What is going on and who thinks this up. Is it a copycat crime or are there that many depraved SOBs in this world.

We are living in insane times.  This is horrible.

I hope the young girl didn't witness that. 

Sick, depraved individuals. 

People that do this, they really have no place in 'civilized" society. 

There"ll be a defense attorney arguing for this guy, to spare him.

These sick thoughts originate in the mind and the actions are carried out by the hands.

They need to be stuck in here for a while:

Until they exhaust all their appeals.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #790 on: November 19, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

Just wow, thanks for the pics Northern. And just look at the cockiness and the head up high with momma. My head would be hung in such shame, they would have to scrape it up from the sidewalk 

Oh I know!  In the last picture she literally has her nose up in the air.     Spawn is quite comfortable walking behind her skirt as they go into court letting her do the talking. 

They're both revolting.  Mumsie needs a bath & shampoo too. Yuk.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: November 19, 2010, 05:04:15 PM »

Here is his "I let a stinky rip" look

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: November 19, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »

This may be part of the answer:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40257359

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans had mental illness in 2009
Published: Thursday, 18 Nov 2010 | 1:13 PM ET

CHICAGO - More than 45 million Americans, or 20 percent of U.S. adults, had some form of mental illness last year, and 11 million had a serious illness, U.S. government researchers reported on Thursday.

Young adults aged 18 to 25 had the highest level of mental illness at 30 percent, while those aged 50 and older had the lowest, with 13.7 percent, said the report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or SAMHSA.

The rate, slightly higher than last year's 19.5 percent figure, reflected increasing depression, especially among the unemployed, SAMHSA, part of the National Institutes of Health, said.

"Too many Americans are not getting the help they need and opportunities to prevent and intervene early are being missed," Pamela Hyde, SAMHSA's administrator, said in a statement.

"The consequences for individuals, families and communities can be devastating. If left untreated mental illnesses can result in disability, substance abuse, suicides, lost productivity, and family discord."

The 2009 mental health survey hints at the impact of record unemployment rates, which last year hit a 25-year high as struggling employers slashed jobs to cope with a weak economy.

For many, lost employment meant loss of health insurance, leaving many of the nation's mentally ill unable to get treatment.

According to the survey, 6.1 million adults last year had a mental health need that went untreated, and 42.5 percent said it was because they could not afford it.

It found 14.8 million Americans had major depression last year, and 10 percent of the jobless did, compared with 7.5 of retired people or those not in the job force, 7.3 percent who worked part time and 5.4 percent who worked full time.

Only 64 percent of adults aged 18 or older with major depression were treated last year, compared with 71 percent a year ago.

Being jobless also increased the risk of suicide.

Adults who were unemployed last year were twice as likely to have serious thoughts of suicide as people who were fully employed, with 6.6 percent of the unemployed considering suicide, compared with 3.1 percent of those who were working.

The survey also found that 23.8 percent of women had some form of mental illness, compared with 15.6 percent of men.

Copyright 2010 Reuters.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: November 19, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »

Anger builds in case of N.C. girl's death
Crowd gathers for vigil in 10-year-old's honor, chanting 'We want justice'

HICKORY, N.C. — After a disabled 10-year-old girl went missing in this small city in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, her family's former home became an impromptu memorial piled with stuffed animals and birthday cards.

Now it sits with its front windows smashed by vandals, while frustrated residents complain that the investigation into her death is taking too long, even as increasingly bizarre and potentially damning revelations about Zahra Baker's stepmother and father pile up.

The case has riveted followers in North Carolina and Australia, where she was born and where her biological mother still lives. She was reported missing on Oct. 9 and last week police confirmed everyone's worst fears: A bone from her body and other suspected remains were found in two remote spots.

No charges have been filed in her death, though her stepmother is accused of obstructing justice in the investigation and led police to the remains.

The area's top prosecutor is defending the pace of his investigation. In fact, similar cases have been notoriously difficult to prosecute and rushing into charges unsupported by evidence could be more disastrous than waiting.

"Once we have a complete picture of the events surrounding Zahra's disappearance and her death, we will meet with law enforcement to determine what, if any, charges are required," District Attorney James Gaither Jr. wrote in an e-mail in response to questions from The Associated Press.

'Horrifying'
After Zahra's disappearance, scrutiny immediately fell on her stepmother, Elisa Baker, and father, Adam Baker, after police publicly doubted their story of how she vanished from their home and neighbors talked about their suspicions of abuse.

Elisa Baker's attorneys have said in court documents that their client told police two weeks ago that Zahra "was deceased, that her body had been dismembered and that it would be recovered at different sites." Elisa Baker then accompanied police to sites where the remains were found.

In a letter that Elisa Baker apparently sent to a Florida dealer of crime memorabilia, she wrote, "We didn't really kill her but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying," referring to Adam, who emigrated from Australia with Zahra after meeting Elisa online. "Makes me scared of him."

One of Elisa Baker's attorneys, Lisa Dubs, said Friday the letter appears to have been written by her client, but declined to comment further. Adam Baker's lawyer, Mark Killian, did not respond to requests for comment.

The ability of prosecutors to hold anyone accountable for Zahra's death depends on the evidence investigators can collect, forensics experts and former prosecutors say. That includes recovering what's left of the girl, who had a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer and wore hearing aids because of damage caused by chemotherapy.

Police have not said how Zahra died, and the lack of an intact body will make it more difficult to blame someone for it. But experts say suspects have been prosecuted in similar cases.

"You don't have to have a specific manner of death," said former Connecticut prosecutor Walter D. Flanagan. "All you have to do is show death."

Flanagan won a conviction in a notorious 1986 murder in which Richard Crafts tossed his wife's corpse into a woodchipper. Without the victim's body, prosecutors were never able to prove how the victim was killed or where.

But detectives recovered a piece of her skull, a bone pathologists said would have been impossible to live without, Flanagan said. He then persuaded a jury by weaving together other evidence: Crafts rented the woodchipper used to destroy the body, he cleaned his bedroom carpet soon after a previous cleaning, and small bits of hair embedded in wood chips were found in Crafts's car.

"All these little things that are innocuous in and of themselves acquired significance," Flanagan said. "When you put everything together, it sort of showed what was happening."

Elisa remains in jail, accused of hindering the investigation. Adam appeared in court on unrelated charges Friday, and refused to speak to members of the media. No one has been charged with causing the disappearance or death of Zahra, although the Office of Capital Defender has assigned Elisa Baker an attorney through a process normally used only after murder charges have been filed.

'Everyone failed that child'
While the investigation continues, the now-abandoned home in Hickory where the Bakers lived has attracted mourning and wrath at the parents. Teddy bears, balloons, and cards surround a tree in the front yard, while increasingly bitter signs calling for punishment have been taped and tied to the front porch. "Stepmom and daddy need to be in jail," one sign read, while another said, "God please let someone pay for this." Some time between Tuesday night and Thursday afternoon, vandals smashed most of the front windows.

"I have kids, and I can't imagine how someone could do that," said Chasity Partin as she fought tears while visiting the memorial Thursday. "Everyone failed that child."

A crowd of more than 1,000 people gathered Wednesday for a vigil in Zahra's honor and there were chants of "We want justice" competing with the gentle speakers.

In the absence of major developments in Zahra's case, attention has shifted to unrelated charges against the couple, rumors and peripheral matters. On one day, a routine court appearance by Adam Baker's lawyer is chronicled by ranks of journalists; on another, the Hickory police begin looking into whether Elisa and Adam were wed while she was still legally married to a different man.

A vigil in a faraway Australian town is front-page news in Hickory, and speculation about the case is rampant in daily conversations at coffee shops and lunch counters.

"The high profile of this case and the public interest that it has created only strengthen our resolve to do our job fairly and impartially and to avoid any rush to judgment," Gaither, the prosecutor, wrote. "The job of the District Attorney's office is to follow the evidence and the law and to pursue justice no matter what."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40279910/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: November 19, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »

To read more on this story, here's a link:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20101119&id=12437307

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: November 19, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »

Tweet gist of : Elisa was questioned while Ab was in court this am , lawyer and someone from the DA's office, sorry, I deleted it. Going home now ... maybe something good like the perp walk will happen while I am on my way home. I like when they do things on a Friday nite, after the court and bail system is shut for the weekend. 
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #796 on: November 19, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »

We are living in insane times.  This is horrible.

I hope the young girl didn't witness that. 

Sick, depraved individuals. 

People that do this, they really have no place in 'civilized" society. 

There"ll be a defense attorney arguing for this guy, to spare him.

These sick thoughts originate in the mind and the actions are carried out by the hands.

They need to be stuck in here for a while:

Until they exhaust all their appeals.

4Donks could you please tell me where you read that the Ohio people were dismembered? I can't seem to find it.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: November 19, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »

Police question Elisa Baker while husband appears in court  (with video)

HICKORY, N.C.-- Zahra Baker's step-mother, Elisa Baker,was questioned by police for hours Friday while her husband, Adam Baker, faced a judge in Catawba County.

Elisa Baker was questioned by police at the Hickory Police Department with her attorney present.

The local district attorney was there as well.

Earlier in the day Adam Baker appeared in Catawba County Court.

The only thing Adam Baker and his mother said is they're not talking.

Only a few questions answered in court and that's because Adam Baker had to answer a judge about which attorney is representing him.

There were no questions answered leaving the building either.

When an entire town wants to know what happened to Zahra Baker, neighbors say Adam Baker, as a father, should know something about his daughter.

The lack of answers has left them angry.

"It makes me sick, it literally makes me sick," says Courtney Hill.

"That's what I want to know, who did it?" says Jennifer Thompson.

Adam Baker previously said it wasn't him, while suggesting Elisa could be involved.

He's not been arrested or charged with anything relating to Zahra's death.

Given that, neighbors wonder, 'why not talk?'

"It makes you look guilty if you don't answer questions, it really does," says Thompson.

"It's tearing it apart. We love our children here. Hickory is a small town and this stuff doesn't happen here," says Maria Kirby

Adam Baker is due back in court in January on the bad check charges.

NewsChannel 36 asked police about whether they plan to charge Elisa Baker for bigamy, since it appears she was still married to another man when she married Adam.

Police say it's not high on the priority list for now, but might be something they look into later.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Adam-Baker-appears-in-court-while-Elisa-Baker-questioned-by-police-109297269.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: November 19, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

That last video has a different camera and you can see Ma Baker is arm in arm with her spawn and spins him around at one point like they are square dancing.  Here is a screen cap.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »

Adam Baker appears in court while Elisa Baker spends hours with police

NEWTON, NC (WBTV) - The father of Zahra Baker was in Catawba County court Friday morning on four misdemeanor charges. Meanwhile, Zahra's stepmother was out of jail and spent several hours at the Hickory Police Department meeting with police.

After Adam Baker left court Friday morning, several people said things to him about the death of his daughter, Zahra, whose body may have been dismembered after she died.

Friday morning, Baker was appointed an attorney in the case, in which he is facing four misdemeanor worthless checks charges. He is not charged in the death or disappearance of Zahra, who was reported missing on Oct. 9.

Elisa Baker -- along with her attorney -- spent several hours at the Hickory Police Department on Friday. It's unclear what they talked about, but it could have been about a recent development concerning her previous marriage. In that case, she might have not been divorced before she married Adam Baker in Australia.

MORE...

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13536099
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.