April 30, 2024, 07:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175518 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »

Sorry for the quality - took this pic of the tv moments ago while watching NG.

Just what would you use a wrench for.

plumbing.  Used one this weekend in the kitchen after the pipe burst
Actually I own everyone of these tools but I was under the misconception that NG was saying these were the tools used to dismember Zahra.....Sorry

She has been eating one too many of the twins' chicken nuggets from the floor I think. I will have to watch the full version of NG now to see if she is full of it. 
I can see where KCJackie got confused. Why would you have breaking news scrolling across the screen about tools used during the search of the house ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »

I just read my post about twins, nuggets and full of it and want to make it clear that  it was NG I was referring to. 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2010, 12:17:17 AM »

I just read my post about twins, nuggets and full of it and want to make it clear that  it was NG I was referring to. 

I totally understood you!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2010, 12:28:56 AM »

these are tools that one would try to keep out of the reach of a child, not use them on her ! I am so pizzed off right now you can't imagine!

Still playing catch up, so sorry if this has been mentioned. I believe these were the tools used by LE.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2010, 12:32:01 AM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/16/vigil-be-held-zahra-tonight-ar-540262/

Vigil to be held for Zahra tonight

Published: November 16, 2010
By Sarah Newell williamson

Zahra Clare Baker would have turned 11 years old today. Instead of a birthday cake with pink frosted flowers and presents, she’ll have a candlelight vigil instead.

On Friday, Hickory police confirmed that the missing child was dead, based on physical evidence and DNA. Her homicide investigation has affected many in the community and around the nation.

“We were talking as a council and we recognized the community needed to come together,” said Adrienne Opdyke, vice-chair of the Children’s Protection Council. “She’s had an impact on our community.”

Opdyke said she’s received calls from people from Winston-Salem and Hendersonville, wanting directions to Union Square where the vigil for Zahra will be held today. She’s even received phone calls from as far away as South Dakota.

“That person called and wanted to send flowers,” she said. “It’s a lovely gesture, but if there’s something they want to give, they can donate a toy or stuffed animal to the Cops for Tots program, an outreach the police department does for kids during Christmas.”

Any toys or stuffed animals that are brought to the vigil tonight will go to that charity. Opdyke said it serves two purposes: a memorial for Zahra cannot be left on Union Square, and children in need can benefit from these toys.

The vigil will be held on Union Square at 6 p.m. regardless of weather, with the program on the stage. Hickory Mayor Rudy Wright will open it with a welcome, followed by the Newton-Conover High School choral ensemble. Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins will speak, as will Opdyke. Then the candles will be lighted, followed by a closing prayer.

Opdyke said she expects a lot of people to come to the vigil, and that it will help the community deal with the emotions they’ve felt through the course of Zahra’s disappearance and ultimate death.

“Being with other people that have a heart for kids will help,” she said. “I think this will help our community heal.”

She thinks area residents feel so connected to Zahra because she was a child in Hickory’s neighborhood.

Zahra was first reported missing on Oct. 9. It was changed to a homicide investigation on Oct. 12. Several agencies searched for Zahra, or evidence related to her case, in several areas of Caldwell County. These sites included Foothills Environmental landfill, woods along Christie Road where a bone and her prosthetic leg was found, and Dudley Shoals Road, where a child’s skeletal remains were found Nov. 10. Hickory police confirmed on Friday that the bone found on Christie Road belonged to Zahra.

Opdyke said Catawba County needed to celebrate Zahra’s milestone, even though she is no longer here to celebrate it in person.

“It’s her birthday, it’s a time to celebrate her light in the world,” she said. “She was a child among us. We need to celebrate her story.”
crazybabyborg
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »

I' worked late so am late posting this, but my thoughts have been with Zahra today and with those who mourn her loss. The life that began 11 years ago has not ended and there is reason to celebrate. Zahra is free and Zahra is home. Happy Birthday, sweet Zahra! Your life has changed the world and the light you left us shines brighter than ever!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »

Hickory couple sending mementos to Zahra's mom

by BETH SHAYNE/NewsChannel 36 WCNC.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Updated today at 11:39 PM

HICKORY, N.C. -- It was pure chance that Zahra Baker's biological mother Emily Dietrich met Lisa and David Ridgway on her short visit to Hickory.

Dietrich had just arrived from Australia, and just visited the tree outside the Bakers' home where so many people have left mementos for Zahra. The camera crew from Australia's Channel Seven News she'd traveled with had stopped while Dietrich composed herself.

"It was a typical Thursday morning and my husband and I were headed out to walk [our dog]," Lisa Ridgway said. "We walked outside. The car was parked on the curb."

David Ridgway introduced himself to the man, a reporter from Channel Seven, who was standing outside the car. The reporter, Robert Ovadia, offered to introduce the Ridgways to Emily. They struck up a conversation with her, and offered whatever help they could. In a follow-up email, David offered their home as a respite. Saturday morning, after reporters had tracked Dietrich to local hotel, they showed up on their doorstep.

"They just randomly picked us," Lisa said. "It was just meant to be that they stopped in front of our house."

The Ridgways said they spent much of the day with Emily and the journalists and then offered Emily a place to stay for the night. Both Lisa and David said they talked about Zahra, but they also talked about other things. "We felt like it was our job to get her to think about something else," David said.

Nonetheless, the conversation often circled back to the tree where Emily Dietrich had seen the mementos left for Zahra. Dietrich had taken some things from the makeshift memorial, but she kept thinking about the stuffed animals that so many children had left behind.

"She said I would love for the animals and the toys to go to Cops for Tots," Lisa Ridgway told NewsChannel 36. "It was her way of giving back to all the children that had poured their hearts out for her and for Zahra."

The Ridgways went to the tree Sunday night and collected more than 125 animals, plus letters and posters and bibles. They put some in a trunk to mail to Emily, and then--with the help of a friend--created a special label that they wrapped around all the others. Tuesday, on what would have been Zahra's 11th birthday, they'll donate them to the Hickory Police Department fundraiser "Cops for Tots."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Hickory-couple-sending-mementos-to-Zahras-mom-108314864.html

What a lovely gesture by Emily.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2010, 01:59:42 AM »

I' worked late so am late posting this, but my thoughts have been with Zahra today and with those who mourn her loss. The life that began 11 years ago has not ended and there is reason to celebrate. Zahra is free and Zahra is home. Happy Birthday, sweet Zahra! Your life has changed the world and the light you left us shines brighter than ever!

It's so sad to know that she was abused and shown no love from step-monster and AB ~ It's comforting to know that she is now one of the most loved little girls in the world, and thousands will be honoring her birthday!  She will be celebrating in the most beautiful place that we only read about.  Happy Birthday Zahra Clare!! Thanks for the beautiful pic CBB.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:43 AM »

these are tools that one would try to keep out of the reach of a child, not use them on her ! I am so pizzed off right now you can't imagine!

Still playing catch up, so sorry if this has been mentioned. I believe these were the tools used by LE.

Yes they are, But on NG that really wasn't the way she presented them. IMO  Just like she said gothmurder went before the judge today.  Her lawyer went before the judge not the gothmurder. She twist things to make a better story. IMO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2010, 02:02:08 AM »

Hi Jackie! I was just trying to catch NG. We must think alike because I thought like you did about the tools.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »

GE, you're right about Nancy Grace. I think she's had one to many bombshells blow up near her.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2010, 02:07:26 AM »

I'm going to try to find a stuffed monkey for all of us in the morning, to take to Hickory with me. It's nice to know that the stuffed animals left will get to children who will enjoy them. I'll take my camera and post pictures when I get back.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »

Hickory couple sending mementos to Zahra's mom

by BETH SHAYNE/NewsChannel 36 WCNC.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Updated today at 11:39 PM

HICKORY, N.C. -- It was pure chance that Zahra Baker's biological mother Emily Dietrich met Lisa and David Ridgway on her short visit to Hickory.

Dietrich had just arrived from Australia, and just visited the tree outside the Bakers' home where so many people have left mementos for Zahra. The camera crew from Australia's Channel Seven News she'd traveled with had stopped while Dietrich composed herself.

"It was a typical Thursday morning and my husband and I were headed out to walk [our dog]," Lisa Ridgway said. "We walked outside. The car was parked on the curb."

David Ridgway introduced himself to the man, a reporter from Channel Seven, who was standing outside the car. The reporter, Robert Ovadia, offered to introduce the Ridgways to Emily. They struck up a conversation with her, and offered whatever help they could. In a follow-up email, David offered their home as a respite. Saturday morning, after reporters had tracked Dietrich to local hotel, they showed up on their doorstep.

"They just randomly picked us," Lisa said. "It was just meant to be that they stopped in front of our house."

The Ridgways said they spent much of the day with Emily and the journalists and then offered Emily a place to stay for the night. Both Lisa and David said they talked about Zahra, but they also talked about other things. "We felt like it was our job to get her to think about something else," David said.

Nonetheless, the conversation often circled back to the tree where Emily Dietrich had seen the mementos left for Zahra. Dietrich had taken some things from the makeshift memorial, but she kept thinking about the stuffed animals that so many children had left behind.

"She said I would love for the animals and the toys to go to Cops for Tots," Lisa Ridgway told NewsChannel 36. "It was her way of giving back to all the children that had poured their hearts out for her and for Zahra."

The Ridgways went to the tree Sunday night and collected more than 125 animals, plus letters and posters and bibles. They put some in a trunk to mail to Emily, and then--with the help of a friend--created a special label that they wrapped around all the others. Tuesday, on what would have been Zahra's 11th birthday, they'll donate them to the Hickory Police Department fundraiser "Cops for Tots."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Hickory-couple-sending-mementos-to-Zahras-mom-108314864.html

What a lovely gesture by Emily.

Yes it was. But it was a wonderful how the Ridgeways opened their hearts and home to Emily and picking things out of the memorial to send her.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2010, 02:09:50 AM »

I'm going to try to find a stuffed monkey for all of us in the morning, to take to Hickory with me. It's nice to know that the stuffed animals left will get to children who will enjoy them. I'll take my camera and post pictures when I get back.

Thank you CBB I will be there in spirit tomorrow. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 02:14:54 AM »

Hi Jackie! I was just trying to catch NG. We must think alike because I thought like you did about the tools.   

NG confuses me with all the cross talk and such - I think I will start watching with a little bit of this......
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2010, 02:18:59 AM »

NG confuses me with all the cross talk and such - I think I will start watching with a little bit of this......

Some times with her we need more of

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:04 AM »

Please be careful, I hope the weather cooperates through the Mountains.  We will be worrying until you get back here safe and sound.  
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:56 AM »

Some times with her we need more of

True that
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 02:27:10 AM »

Please be careful, I hope the weather cooperates through the Mountains.  We will be worrying until you get back here safe and sound.  

I will second that. Prayers to all the monkeys who are going to go tomorrow.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 02:31:39 AM »

Happy Birthday in heaven, an angelic monkey sweet Zahra.
Say "hi" to my Mum if u
pass her. Tell her I miss her.
She has a great lap and kisses, Zahra !

Nite all and I will c u all 2 morrow.
This has been a very sad day with the news.....
but we know that Zahra is safe, and in the
arms of Jesus, comforted for all eternity ! an angelic monkey

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.