April 30, 2024, 11:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175548 times)
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/18/Bodies-found-are-3-missing-Ohioans/UPI-84811290126303/

The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found dismembered "in a wooded area inside of garbage bags in a hollow tree" near Fredericktown, about 12 miles from where the three disappeared eight days ago, Knox County Sheriff David Barber said.

This is from their thread on the found deceased here at SM

Thank you!

Edited to fix quote = San
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:49:06 AM by San » Logged

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:44 AM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/18/Bodies-found-are-3-missing-Ohioans/UPI-84811290126303/

The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found dismembered "in a wooded area inside of garbage bags in a hollow tree" near Fredericktown, about 12 miles from where the three disappeared eight days ago, Knox County Sheriff David Barber said.

This is from their thread on the found deceased here at SM

Thank you!

They've removed the word "dismembered' out of the article.

Edited to fix quote = San
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:49:54 AM by San » Logged

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #822 on: November 20, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »

Nothing new, I see. I doubt that we will hear anything over the weekend. Let's hope for Monday.

2 4 1
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:18 PM »

Hold the phone...If AB is not a citizen, how can he be appointed an attorney?
I think his greasy haired mother should have to mortgage her home to pay for one.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #824 on: November 20, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »

I think his greasy haired mother should have to mortgage her home to pay for one.
That is what I was wondering, and since he has no money to speak of, is the lawyer pro bono, or is momma paying for it?
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: November 20, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »

That is what I was wondering, and since he has no money to speak of, is the lawyer pro bono, or is momma paying for it?

It's my understanding that he's indigent and the attorney is assigned.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: November 20, 2010, 03:58:11 PM »

That is my understanding too. He was assigned an attorney because of his indigent status. All people, regardless of their immigration status, are entitled to legal representation.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #827 on: November 20, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »

Thank-you
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: November 20, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

Brandi~

Do you have any info on his attorney? 

I was under the impression her normally handles bigger felony cases, like Dubs.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2010, 07:20:55 PM »

All day, I have been trying to think of the name of the Stephen King movie that Kathy Bates was in. MISERY. ( It was a good one ) 
That is who MaB looks like to me. And reminds me of.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: November 20, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »

Ok now I'm upset and really don't understand. Zahra was dismembered and now the 3 people in Ohio that were in the tree trunk were dismembered. What is going on and who thinks this up. Is it a copycat crime or are there that many depraved SOBs in this world.
Don't know all the facts in the Ohio case, but the murderer was a tree-trimmer, just like Adam.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »

Brandi~

Do you have any info on his attorney? 

I was under the impression her normally handles bigger felony cases, like Dubs.

(Adam) Baker asked the court to appoint his attorney, Mark Killian, to represent him on his Catawba County charges. District Court Judge Robert Mullinax agreed and scheduled his next court date for Jan. 21, 2011. I haven't done any research on Mr. Killian. But he is a public defender.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/20/baker-court-ar-552746/

I have done no research on Mr. Killian. He is a public defender, I believe.

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: November 20, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Disability
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Speeding Traffic Violations
DUI/DWI Driving While Intoxicated
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

http://www.killianlawnc.com/Firm%20Info/Lawyers/1405083.aspx

Sounds like a peach! Sarchasm intended.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: November 20, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »

I'm glad to see the birthday pictures for Zahra I had some how missed before. I haven't said before, but thank you all so  much for the lovely things you put up on this board. They're amazing!

I wasn't here yet on her birthday, or at least not able to talk (I was reading) maybe, but on her birthday I read that her good friend in Australia, the adult woman whose name escapes me at the moment, was going to make a cake decorated with "Freddo Frog" and have a "sausage sizzle", which Zahra apparently loved. 

Well of course, I'm not Australian, my Australian friends weren't online, so i went investigating.  Apparently Freddo Frog is a popular Cadbury chocolate character.  And the sausage sizzles are a ubiquitous weekend or charity-event happening that consists of sizzling some sausages up on a grill, serving on mushy white bread (though apparently hot dog buns are catching on in some places) and serving with a condiment (ketchup) and grilled onions. 

I had to kind of smile at the thought, these simple things that Zahra liked.  We think we know so much about her, but there is really so little we know.  What we know is enough really:  she gave great smiles and apparently even better hugs!  But it's nice to fill in some of the little details here and there.  Since I thought they were delightedly normal, and nice, I thought I'd share in case anyone had missed the comment as it was in the Australian news.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #834 on: November 20, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »

Adam Baker, father of Zahra Baker, appeared in court Friday on charges unrelated to his daughter’s disappearance   (video)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25851716/

He sure doesn't look like a father grieving for his murdered, dismembered daughter, does he?   He looks like pure evil to me.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: November 20, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »

His hands are by his crotch, it reminds me of a little boy that needs to go too the bathroom.

I hope the bastard was peeing his pants....

Justice for Zahra.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: November 20, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »

Ok now I'm upset and really don't understand. Zahra was dismembered and now the 3 people in Ohio that were in the tree trunk were dismembered. What is going on and who thinks this up. Is it a copycat crime or are there that many depraved SOBs in this world.

To read more on this story, here's a link:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20101119&id=12437307

Thanks MK.

It is creepy that this guy  was a tree-trimmer too...

Justice for Zahra.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: November 20, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »

The reality that people this deranged and evil are walking the streets and could be anywhere USA, on any street. What amazes me is how they think this stuff up!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: November 21, 2010, 03:49:11 AM »

I'm glad to see the birthday pictures for Zahra I had some how missed before. I haven't said before, but thank you all so  much for the lovely things you put up on this board. They're amazing!

I wasn't here yet on her birthday, or at least not able to talk (I was reading) maybe, but on her birthday I read that her good friend in Australia, the adult woman whose name escapes me at the moment, was going to make a cake decorated with "Freddo Frog" and have a "sausage sizzle", which Zahra apparently loved. 

Well of course, I'm not Australian, my Australian friends weren't online, so i went investigating.  Apparently Freddo Frog is a popular Cadbury chocolate character.  And the sausage sizzles are a ubiquitous weekend or charity-event happening that consists of sizzling some sausages up on a grill, serving on mushy white bread (though apparently hot dog buns are catching on in some places) and serving with a condiment (ketchup) and grilled onions. 

I had to kind of smile at the thought, these simple things that Zahra liked.  We think we know so much about her, but there is really so little we know.  What we know is enough really:  she gave great smiles and apparently even better hugs!  But it's nice to fill in some of the little details here and there.  Since I thought they were delightedly normal, and nice, I thought I'd share in case anyone had missed the comment as it was in the Australian news.

Love this post starwynn.  I enjoy that you sought out explanations for some of what I have been told are our "quaint" customs.  I have had fun over the years I have been a monkey explaining some of my sayings and expressions, also the different lifestyle we live here.

The lady that Zahra befriended while in cancer treatment was Kim Wright and she planned the Freddo Frog and sausage sizzle commemorative birthday party.  I strongly disagree with this report's description of Zahra being rejected at birth by her mother.  How difficult would it be for them to check the details?  There is plenty of correct information out there in cyber space.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/tears-for-zahra-baker-as-queensland-town-gather-to-mark-her-birthday/story-e6frf7jx-1225954648339

Freddo Frogs have been around since 1930 so are well known by generations of Aussie kids.

http://www.cadbury.com.au/Products/Pre-teens-Confectionery/Freddo.aspx

I think you did a great job describing the sausage sizzle and they are often organised as a more informal type of backyard barbeque (outdoor grill) as well as charity stalls at public functions, outdoor markets and even shopping centres (malls).  Not sure I get the "mushy" white bread reference though - maybe the slice of bread, which is wrapped around the sausage to make it easier to hold while eating, becomes mushy after the tomato sauce (ketchup) soaks through.

Hope you do not take any offence at my attempt at adding to your descriptions.  This has been such a heart wrenching case for all of us and a little levity may help.

I plan to post a whole row of these happy little koalas when Adam is arrested.   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
ForOurChildren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memorial-for-Zahra-cleaned-up-tree-cut-down-109563879.html

They cut the memorial tree down for Zahra.  It doesn't say why or anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.