May 01, 2024, 02:19:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175591 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memorial-for-Zahra-cleaned-up-tree-cut-down-109563879.html

They cut the memorial tree down for Zahra.  It doesn't say why or anything.

The damage to his rental property by the Bakers, the damage by the police during thier investigation and now the vandalisim done by the public, I'd say the homeowner had enough.

He's a victim in all of this as well.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
ForOurChildren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #841 on: November 21, 2010, 08:17:08 AM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memorial-for-Zahra-cleaned-up-tree-cut-down-109563879.html

The damage to his rental property by the Bakers, the damage by the police during thier investigation and now the vandalisim done by the public, I'd say the homeowner had enough.

Yes I totally agree.  I wonder if he is going to try and rent this house now.  I talked to a guy that works for the Tree Service that Adam worked for the other day and he said the owner was in real estate also. 

I went over to the house when the Bakers lived last Friday and was walking around the back yard and this man came walking up to me and started talking about Adam & Horror Step Thing.  Said he worked with Adam and in the evenings he worked in their backyard cutting up trees. He said he lived on the other street.  Said he had been in their house 20-30 times and had NEVER seen Zahra.  Said SM had took him to work and brought him home lots of times.  I asked him did he think Adam could have done this and he said "No" but she could've.

The Tree Service brings trees there, unloads them in the back yard and this man splits the wood and chops up the limbs (I'm guessing this is the reason the chopper was there) and sells truck loads of firewood. I wish I would have asked him if the chopper was the Tree Services.  IMO it was. 

I got a few pics while I was there.  There is a big salt water fish tank and looked to me like the mattress to SM water bed and what seem to be the headboard, water hose, lot of coral out of the fish tank, blackish grayish flooring slabs that I assume was torn out by LE and on the front porch is Horror Step Things halloween rug with a witch riding her broom.

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/forthechildren/

I hope this link works. 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: November 21, 2010, 09:03:23 AM »

ForOurChildren~

Thank you for taking the time to go by the home and take these pics for us.

It's interesting that this man had been in the home so many times and had never seen Zahra.  Certainly AB had to speak about his daughter to the guys at work?

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for the DA and the GJ to see what charges are ultimately filed, who gets arrested, etc.

In the meantime, the homeowner has had enough and at least he should put a sign up directing people to the police station to drop off toys and cards for Emily.

If you would, email me:
imperialmonkeyking@yahoo.com

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: November 21, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »

the salt water fish tank, takes a lot of time to maintain, all that care
and maintenance for fish, none for zahra

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
ForOurChildren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: November 21, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »

Yeah and it's expense too.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: November 21, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »

Memorial for Zahra cleaned up, tree cut down
HICKORY, N.C.-- The memorial for Zahra Baker that has been built up outside the Baker's Hickory home has been removed, along with the tree that was surrounded by stuffed animals and bared pictures and cards remembering Zahra.

The tree was cut down Saturday afternoon.

The toys and stuffed animals have all been bagged up and are being donated to the "Cops for Tots" program.

Earlier in the week vandals shattered some of the windows in the home on 21st Avenue Northwest.

Also signs have been placed on the front of the home with angry messages against Adam and Elisa Baker.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: November 21, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: November 21, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »

Zahra Baker memorial removed
By: Kate Gaier
HICKORY, N.C — A temporary memorial for Zahra Baker has been removed and the toys and stuffed animals donated to Cops for Tots.

The tree which held the memorial for Zahra Baker was cut down on Saturday afternoon. Many onlookers that passed by were left in disbelief.

"I was just in shock because I mean, it's like the memorial was there. And today the tree was down,” said Elaine Wesselman. “I don't know if someone did that on purpose. I'm just really shocked."

The homeowner said Elisa Baker's attorney picked up her belongings from the house on Saturday.

The home has been vandalized with many windows broken. The owner said he would like to see a memorial somewhere else. He didn't want to go on camera but told News 14 Carolina all the toys and stuffed animals will go toward the annual drive, "Christmas Wish House".

"[I am] glad to see that the toys and stuffed animals are bagged up and children less fortunate will be able to use those, rather than waste out here in the weather,” said Wesselman.

There is discussion underway about a permanent memorial for Zahra Baker.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content/top_stories/633032/zahra-baker-memorial-removed
Video at link.

4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: November 21, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »

Zahra Baker memorial removed
By: Kate Gaier
HICKORY, N.C — A temporary memorial for Zahra Baker has been removed and the toys and stuffed animals donated to Cops for Tots.

The homeowner said Elisa Baker's attorney picked up her belongings from the house on Saturday.

snipped

Did the lawyer take her water bed too?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #849 on: November 21, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »

ForOurChildren  thank-you so much   an angelic monkey   I understand the toys being taken for the needy children, which I think is a wonderful idea, but I sure don't understand the tree being cut down. Must be a very good reason for that.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: November 21, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »

The only reason I can see for the tree being cut down is because of the vandalism. The front of the house is more visible without it.
I think it's disgraceful that it was cut down. Looks like the owner has no intention of demolishing the house of horrors. Good luck renting it, jackhole.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #851 on: November 21, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »

The only reason I can see for the tree being cut down is because of the vandalism. The front of the house is more visible without it.
I think it's disgraceful that it was cut down. Looks like the owner has no intention of demolishing the house of horrors. Good luck renting it, jackhole.

Why are we so angry at the home owner? I don't understand. I'm getting so confused about all of this. He is trying to make a living and support his family. It is his property to do with as he wants. He is responsible should someone come on that property and get hurt. There is a liability for him in this. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: November 21, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »

Yes I totally agree.  I wonder if he is going to try and rent this house now.  I talked to a guy that works for the Tree Service that Adam worked for the other day and he said the owner was in real estate also. 

I went over to the house when the Bakers lived last Friday and was walking around the back yard and this man came walking up to me and started talking about Adam & Horror Step Thing.  Said he worked with Adam and in the evenings he worked in their backyard cutting up trees. He said he lived on the other street.  Said he had been in their house 20-30 times and had NEVER seen Zahra.  Said SM had took him to work and brought him home lots of times.  I asked him did he think Adam could have done this and he said "No" but she could've.

The Tree Service brings trees there, unloads them in the back yard and this man splits the wood and chops up the limbs (I'm guessing this is the reason the chopper was there) and sells truck loads of firewood. I wish I would have asked him if the chopper was the Tree Services.  IMO it was. 

I got a few pics while I was there.  There is a big salt water fish tank and looked to me like the mattress to SM water bed and what seem to be the headboard, water hose, lot of coral out of the fish tank, blackish grayish flooring slabs that I assume was torn out by LE and on the front porch is Horror Step Things halloween rug with a witch riding her broom.

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/forthechildren/

I hope this link works. 

Thank you for your summary of your trip there and the pictures!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #853 on: November 21, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »

Why are we so angry at the home owner? I don't understand. I'm getting so confused about all of this. He is trying to make a living and support his family. It is his property to do with as he wants. He is responsible should someone come on that property and get hurt. There is a liability for him in this. 
I'm not angry at the homeowner, I was just trying to find out why the tree was cut down. Actually I had been wondering if he would get paid for the damage that was done in the house, and I believe it was Darla that said no he wouldn't.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: November 21, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »

I'm not angry at the homeowner, I was just trying to find out why the tree was cut down. Actually I had been wondering if he would get paid for the damage that was done in the house, and I believe it was Darla that said no he wouldn't.

I think the home owner has been generous with his property by allowing the memorial "tree" area to be used by the public for as long as he has.

The public has begun vandalizing his property and I believe he has decided (maybe been advised by LE) to cut the tree down, to let people know the memorial is no longer located there.

He did say he was in favor of finding a location for a permanent memorial for Zahra.

I agree, he has become a victim here as well.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »

i went and did some online estimates, for B/K, and even if he did most of the
labor and skipped the appliances for K,and and a couple of items in B
the cost would still be about 20-25k, and i think this would be out of pocket
this does not include the other rooms,flooring,carpet,windows, walls
the other rooms saying 4 with the above repairs,prob another 15k, with his labor
so with his labor to rehab whole house,35k,rehab with contractor,45-50k
just guessing a demolition of a house that size,15-20k
prob still paying on it= a 2nd mortgage to cover cost to rehab
i know a guy with 2 rental props,one had 15k in damages from a drug raid
his homeowners wouldnt cover the damage
just have to wait and see what he does with the prop

http://www.altabuilders.com/Kitchen_Estimator.html

KITCHEN COST ESTIMATOR

Budget Selector  Select Economy

What shape is your kitchen?  Select  Square

What size is your kitchen?  Select Small (up to 100 sq.ft.)

What style is your kitchen?  Select Contemporary

Type of Remodel?  Select  Complete

cost   22820$

---------------
http://www.homedesigndirectory.com.au/calculators/BathroomCostCalculator.shtml

size of bathroom (sq-metres):      small     

tiled area (in sq-metre) :    (tiled area includes floors & walls)   

tiles (cost/sq-metre) :       basic   

bath:      basic     n/a  $

tapware & mixers:     basic     

bath wall spout:      basic   

bench top:       n/a 

vanity:     basic 

basin:     basic   

basin set (tap & spout):     basic 

mirror:      cabinet   

hand towel holder :      basic     

shower enclosure:  n/a   

shower rail:       n/a 

soap dish & mixer:     basic

heated towel rail:      n/a 

robe hook:  premium        n/a 

exhaust fan:       basic   

toilet suite:      basic   

toilet roll holder:      basic

floor waste:  floor trough   

TOTAL 11526$

Assumes per square metre cost of: $ 1200

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: November 21, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

Darn - the second court appearance in two days and that waste of space is still walking free.  Well comparatively free as he is ordered to appear again in January and as far as we know his passport is still in the hands of the local LE, so he cannot leave the country, not can he enter Australia with pending court appearances in USA.  We will have two more months to wait unless the LE can tie all the loose ends and arrest him on the major charge that we are all waiting and hoping to happen

His demeanour entering the building was enough for me – I wanted to throw something at my monitor screen.  And I felt ready to aim again at Ma Baker when she left the courthouse, with her insolent attitude.  The more I see of them both the more I feel sorry for Zahra having to spend almost all her young life in their company.

I was surprised MaB didn’t bounce off her seat and trot beside him up to the bench to answer on his behalf.  She appears to do everything else for him and has him totally under her control.  He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock.

I am beginning to believe he really is mentally deficient.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: November 21, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »

Why would they do that?  That is disturbing... IMO.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #858 on: November 21, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

I am not angry with the homeowner either.  He will most likely be out the money in damages to his home.  I just think it was kind of curt to just chop the tree down like that.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: November 21, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »

I do not think the tank held salt water fish.  If you look at the water line it is one third up on the tank.  The branch to me says it was for something that needed to also be out of the water like frogs, newts or lizards etc.  The top of the tank is also wrong for the kind of lights you need to use in a salt water tank that give you the specific light spectrum the fish need or they die.  There is also no cut outs in the tank top for the filters, heaters and skimmers etc.  you need for a salt water tank. Hubby had a 250 gallon salt water tank at one point and it IS a lot of work - weekly work, and very costly.    In the other thread I posted some screen caps of the kitchen and one of the them had the tank in the corner.  It did not look to be full of water and I doubt LE would have drained it.  JMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.