May 01, 2024, 06:18:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175638 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: November 21, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »

the salt water fish tank, takes a lot of time to maintain, all that care
and maintenance for fish, none for zahra

I do not think the tank held salt water fish.  If you look at the water line it is one third up on the tank.  The branch to me says it was for something that needed to also be out of the water like frogs, newts or lizards etc.  The top of the tank is also wrong for the kind of lights you need to use in a salt water tank that give you the specific light spectrum the fish need or they die.  There is also no cut outs in the tank top for the filters, heaters and skimmers etc.  you need for a salt water tank. Hubby had a 250 gallon salt water tank at one point and it IS a lot of work - weekly work, and very costly.    In the other thread I posted some screen caps of the kitchen and one of the them had the tank in the corner.  It did not look to be full of water and I doubt LE would have drained it.  JMO

Maybe the evil monster had a pet snake

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: November 21, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »

Love this post starwynn.  I enjoy that you sought out explanations for some of what I have been told are our "quaint" customs.  I have had fun over the years I have been a monkey explaining some of my sayings and expressions, also the different lifestyle we live here.

The lady that Zahra befriended while in cancer treatment was Kim Wright and she planned the Freddo Frog and sausage sizzle commemorative birthday party.  I strongly disagree with this report's description of Zahra being rejected at birth by her mother.  How difficult would it be for them to check the details?  There is plenty of correct information out there in cyber space.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/tears-for-zahra-baker-as-queensland-town-gather-to-mark-her-birthday/story-e6frf7jx-1225954648339

Freddo Frogs have been around since 1930 so are well known by generations of Aussie kids.

http://www.cadbury.com.au/Products/Pre-teens-Confectionery/Freddo.aspx

I think you did a great job describing the sausage sizzle and they are often organised as a more informal type of backyard barbeque (outdoor grill) as well as charity stalls at public functions, outdoor markets and even shopping centres (malls).  Not sure I get the "mushy" white bread reference though - maybe the slice of bread, which is wrapped around the sausage to make it easier to hold while eating, becomes mushy after the tomato sauce (ketchup) soaks through.

Hope you do not take any offence at my attempt at adding to your descriptions.  This has been such a heart wrenching case for all of us and a little levity may help.

I plan to post a whole row of these happy little koalas when Adam is arrested.   

Oh I love the extra explainations, and the "mushy" reference was meant as a good thing.  Smile   I did mean that, from what I read, the bread was good and soft and soaked up the sausage juices, oniony goodness, and then the tomato sauce.  And now my stomach is growling.  lol  Oh well - dinner is on its way thankfully.

And yes, Kim Wright!  Sometimes late at night I find myself thinking about Zahra, usually prayer-time, and I wonder who REALLY  loved her, and who to pray for because those people who really knew her and loved and lost her are the ones that are really going to be in serious pain.  And I thought of this woman, and what she had said about how it might seem silly that an adult was really good friends with a kiddo - but I thought it was wonderful and sweet.  It's nice to know that Zahra did get treated like the treasure she was while she was on earth at least by someone.

Oh and the comment about "rejected at birth".  Yes!  I was really stung  by that, too.  I disliked it because it wasn't accurate, and it was highly emotive, and I really disliked it.  I guess I got caught up in the search for information afterwards and so I had forgotten about that bit.

But again, thank you for more explainations!!  I live in Texas, and we have things we do that we take for granted...things like your sausage sizzle.  We should never take those wonderful little moments in life for granted, and simple pleasures, so it was very neat to learn about some of those little moments from Australia and how Zahra (and others) enjoy(ed) them!  So cheers, and thanks again!
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: November 21, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

The tank had a reptile in it.  In one of the pictures of the house after it was gutted, there's a corner of the tank showing and a typical reptile bowl in the bottom of it for water.  Could have been a snake, an iquana, a tortoise/boxturtle.  I noticed that the tank was in the yard and wondered what happened to their pets (the dog and the reptile).
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »

The tank had a reptile in it.  In one of the pictures of the house after it was gutted, there's a corner of the tank showing and a typical reptile bowl in the bottom of it for water.  Could have been a snake, an iquana, a tortoise/boxturtle.  I noticed that the tank was in the yard and wondered what happened to their pets (the dog and the reptile).

yep,i remember the pic of zahra with a snake

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: November 21, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »

Tibro, NightOwl and all of our Australian monkeys, I added Freddo to this Celebration of Zahra's Life work I made for her birthday. Wink I think she'd like it.

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: November 21, 2010, 09:55:29 PM »

yep,i remember the pic of zahra with a snake

I went back and looked at the pictures of the aquarium that was part of the pictures so kindly posted here (thank you!).  There was a pretty typical sandblasted aquarium ornament that would have been perfect for a snake.  The coral could have been used to decorate, too - particularly if the snake sheds.  That seems the likely answer, I think.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: November 21, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »

Brandi, I bet you she would have loved your photo.  And I just bet that the particular photograph of her that you used might have been a favorite.  She really is all dressed to-the-nines and looks just proud as punch, doesn't she?  Such a rush of bittersweet feelings go through as I look at that.  To think what a lovely young woman she would have turned out to had she escaped the grip of the stepmonster situation.  /sigh  She probably would have been able to do even more good than she has just for being as kind as she was in her short time here on earth.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: November 21, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »

Brandi, I bet you she would have loved your photo.  And I just bet that the particular photograph of her that you used might have been a favorite.  She really is all dressed to-the-nines and looks just proud as punch, doesn't she?  Such a rush of bittersweet feelings go through as I look at that.  To think what a lovely young woman she would have turned out to had she escaped the grip of the stepmonster situation.  /sigh  She probably would have been able to do even more good than she has just for being as kind as she was in her short time here on earth.

Quite bittersweet, I agree.

I just saw the picture of her in that red dress the day before her birthday, and had to use it in some artwork.

Such a sweet, brave pretty little girl.

She deserved so much more and then some.

statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #868 on: November 21, 2010, 10:40:43 PM »

The homeowner took the memorial down after people vandalized the house.

~Stacy
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #869 on: November 21, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Disability
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Speeding Traffic Violations
DUI/DWI Driving While Intoxicated
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

http://www.killianlawnc.com/Firm%20Info/Lawyers/1405083.aspx

Sounds like a peach! Sarchasm intended.

There are some extremely serious allegations being thrown around town right now, and there may be a reason why he has this attorney. 

~Stacy
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

There are some extremely serious allegations being thrown around town right now, and there may be a reason why he has this attorney. 

We were wondering if he is a public defender or not.

And if not, how can he afford this attorney?

Do you know?

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: November 21, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

Can you elaborate? I'm wondering if it is like Elisa getting someone that defends capitol murder cases, though she hasn't been charged.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #872 on: November 21, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

We were wondering if he is a public defender or not.

And if not, how can he afford this attorney?

Do you know?

Sorry, Brandi. I don't know. Someone had asked earlier what types of cases he handled (like Dubbs does capitol cases). The topic came up again, so I thought I would add what he does handle.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #873 on: November 21, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »

Killian was assigned to Baker’s case as provisional council on Oct. 28 by North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley. Though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained worldwide attention and Killian was assigned the case in the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/20/baker-court-ar-552746/

~Stacy
statru
Scared Monkey

« Reply #874 on: November 21, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »

Mark Killian

Areas of Practice:

Social Security
Social Security Appeals
Criminal Law
Drug Possession
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Theft

Can you elaborate? I'm wondering if it is like Elisa getting someone that defends capitol murder cases, though she hasn't been charged.

The DA is questioning that appointment of attorney right now.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/DA-questions-choice-of-defender-in-Zahra-Baker-case-108705659.html

The prosecutor in the Zahra Baker case will meet with the N.C. Attorney General's office today to determine if a defense attorney for Elisa Baker was inappropriately appointed at taxpayer expense.

~Stacy
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #875 on: November 22, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »

My most sincere prayers are that IF this atty. was appointed,
that he will be DUMB as a doorknob if there are sex charges filed against Adam.

IF that comes up in this case I will have to pull the pc plug !
She was through so many nasty things in her life and maintained a smile,
regardless of who or what hurt Zahra.

She truly was a St. Zahra in my book, and took whatever
came her way and smiled through it.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:32 AM »

HICKORY, N.C. -- The memorial for Zahra Baker has been removed, along with the tree that had been surrounded by stuffed animals, letters and balloons remembering the 10-year-old Hickory girl.

The tree was cut down Saturday afternoon, and in its place, was a sign asking people to take donations to the police station.

Someone also left a sign in front of the Baker’s former home asking why the memorial had been taken down.

Earlier in the week, vandals had broken some of the windows of the house and signs had been placed on the front of the home with angry messages towards Adam and Elisa Baker.

The memorial started days after Zahra had been reported missing last month. It grew after police announced they had found a bone that matched Zahra’s DNA.

No one has been charged in her disappearance.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25871134/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: November 22, 2010, 01:26:27 AM »

Zahra memorial taken down
Homeowner says he may bulldoze the house

Hickory --
A memorial shrine in honor of Zahra Baker was removed and the oak in its center was cut down Saturday afternoon.

The shrine was started in the early days of the search for 10-year-old Zahra. It grew exponentially after the Nov. 12th announcement, 35 days into the search, that DNA testing had revealed that a bone found off Christie Road in Caldwell County matched DNA taken from material found in Zahra’s room.

The small brick home at 21 21st Ave. NW, where Zahra lived with her father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa Baker, has been a frequent destination for members of the community to leave notes, flowers, toys and balloons. A constant flow of traffic drives slowly past the house daily. Some people stop their cars and get out. Many drive past and continue on their way.

Twenty days ago, Adam Baker’s former boss and landlord, Mark Coffey, told a group of mourners who had gathered in the yard at the Bakers’ former house that he would leave the shrine in place. He has since changed his mind.

Zahra’s birth mother, Emily Dietrich, traveled to Hickory from Australia in early November and asked local residents to donate the toys from the shrine to the Hickory Police Department’s Cops for Tots program rather than leaving them in the elements to be ruined by the weather.

Shortly after Dietrich returned to Australia, a laminated sign appeared at the shrine stating, “All toys and stuffed animals will be donated to Cops for Tots in memory of Zahra Baker. Please help by taking them to the police station.”

Last week people began posting angry signs on the house with messages speaking out against Adam and Elisa Baker’s alleged involvement in Zahra’s death. Thursday the house was vandalized, and its front windows were broken out.

Saturday, Coffey was heard telling a small group of people at the house that he is considering bulldozing it. He said repairing the house would not be cost-effective because Hickory police did an estimated $30,000 in damage to the 900-square-foot house when they removed sections of the walls during their search for evidence of what happened to Zahra.

He added that he is angry with Hickory police for refusing to post a guard at the property, and he told those gathered at the house that they were in danger, because whoever broke the home’s windows could come back.

Coffey first came to the public’s attention when the media learned that his name had been mentioned in a fake ransom note demanding $1 million found at the Bakers’ house the day Zahra was reported missing. Hickory police chief Tom Adkins said Elisa later admitted that she’d written the note. She was charged with felony obstruction of justice because of that admission.

The note said, “Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon. … No cops.”

Coffey is the subject of a new note. This one is written on a piece of heart shaped corrugated cardboard and posted on a stake in front of the Bakers’ former house. It says, “To the home owner, Zahra’s dad and stepmom took away her hopes and dreams. And now you have taken away her memorial from her. Shame on you.”

Coffey did not respond to a request for a statement.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/22/zahra-memorial-taken-down-ar-557303/
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #878 on: November 22, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »

Darn - the second court appearance in two days and that waste of space is still walking free.  Well comparatively free as he is ordered to appear again in January and as far as we know his passport is still in the hands of the local LE, so he cannot leave the country, not can he enter Australia with pending court appearances in USA.  We will have two more months to wait unless the LE can tie all the loose ends and arrest him on the major charge that we are all waiting and hoping to happen

His demeanour entering the building was enough for me – I wanted to throw something at my monitor screen.  And I felt ready to aim again at Ma Baker when she left the courthouse, with her insolent attitude.  The more I see of them both the more I feel sorry for Zahra having to spend almost all her young life in their company.

I was surprised MaB didn’t bounce off her seat and trot beside him up to the bench to answer on his behalf.  She appears to do everything else for him and has him totally under her control.  He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock.

I am beginning to believe he really is mentally deficient.

I looked on the internet and found that the "official" explanation of that kangaroos expression is:

Intellectually inadequate

Sounds about right to me.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:16 AM »

All day, I have been trying to think of the name of the Stephen King movie that Kathy Bates was in. MISERY. ( It was a good one ) 
That is who MaB looks like to me. And reminds me of.

Annie Wilkes and Ma Baker are twins separated at birth.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.