April 30, 2024, 07:58:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175519 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: November 22, 2010, 04:57:30 AM »

looks like he was playing with himself on the way into the court 

I don't think a "normal" person would get a chubby going to see the judge.

A picture says a thousand words    His face says more

Instead of saying "Hello to his little friend", he is saying Goodbye my little friend.

I tend to agree with Tibro..."He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock."  Who knows what is in the lower.

We have quite a few Aussie sayings that could cover that but I do not think it would be a good idea to go there.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #881 on: November 22, 2010, 05:00:17 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:03 AM »

Tibro, NightOwl and all of our Australian monkeys, I added Freddo to this Celebration of Zahra's Life work I made for her birthday. Wink I think she'd like it.

Brandi the addition of Freddo is a lovely touch.  I agree Zahra would be thrilled to see it.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: November 22, 2010, 05:26:26 AM »

It makes me very upset when I read the reports from the Baker"s neighbours and associates who all state that they have never seen Zahra and it appears have never even heard of her existance.  What did this pair do with that precious girl?  We can only guess at this point in time but all the possibilities I can think of are not pleasant.

I hope they both fry.

Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #884 on: November 22, 2010, 06:02:57 AM »

Tibro, NightOwl and all of our Australian monkeys, I added Freddo to this Celebration of Zahra's Life work I made for her birthday. Wink I think she'd like it.

Brandi the addition of Freddo is a lovely touch.  I agree Zahra would be thrilled to see it.

Thank you Brandi, I just love it and you are right, I thnk Zahra would have liked it as well.
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #885 on: November 22, 2010, 06:15:07 AM »

Does anyone know if AB's father is still alive?  Also does anyone know if the suburb in Newcastle that Ma Baker lives in has ever been mentioned, I seem to remember one suburb had been mentioned weeks ago but I can't find it anywhere.  If by chance AB does get off, he will more then likely come home to live with his mother and I would really like to know how close to home that would be. 
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »

I would love to see an interview with the landlord/boss. He probably knows if and how much AB talked about his daughter and if he ever saw her.
I understand him taking the tree down. If he were smart he would donate the land for a memorial and let the town or whomever pay to have the house bulldozed. He could also claim it off on taxes and it would be a beautiful gesture for Zahra.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: November 22, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »

I would love to see an interview with the landlord/boss. He probably knows if and how much AB talked about his daughter and if he ever saw her.
I understand him taking the tree down. If he were smart he would donate the land for a memorial and let the town or whomever pay to have the house bulldozed. He could also claim it off on taxes and it would be a beautiful gesture for Zahra.

I wonder if Mr. Coffey has a mortgage on the house, and if he has it insured?  Remember, before he could donate or bulldoze, he might have to satisfy any lenders if they exist.  Perhaps insurance will cover the damage by the police?  If the house were bulldozed and the land donated, what kind of deduction could he take from taxes?  There is a limit to charitable donations.  The land would need to be rezoned possibly, and if a memorial (or how about a playground for children with special needs, or even just a playground?) there would need to be money raised to create and maintain it.  All of that is doable I would think, with the outpouring of love and concern that we've seen so far.  These are just thoughts I have about the property.  I own rental property myself and I wondered what would happen if one of my residents did something like this?  That's why I brought up things like a mortgage balance, insurance, zoning and etc.  I'm not sure how many people can just give away a house, (even ruined) and land and not feel the financial implications.  Mr. Coffey may own the house free and clear, and that would make the possibility of donating easier.  If there's a note on the house and insurance, and insurance pays toward damages to the house, it still wouldn't pay the balance of the loan.  See what I mean?   Maybe the townspeople, city, lender (if applicable) and others might be able to work together make things happen.  One other note.  When people say an expense or donation can be deducted from taxes, it may not be as much as one might think.
At the end of this long post, I too wish the house were taken down, since it carries such a stigma.  It's a sad, bad place.  How about a park, which is also a memorial?  Something for Zahra, something for all children.   an angelic monkey  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #888 on: November 22, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

As you know, we are using many pics from here in the Zahra case archive albums, and I just want to say THANKS!

I'm thinking we will have some news about an arrest soon, since Elisa has been questioned more and her lawyers are meeting with her. My guess is a plea deal.

I am seriously feeling hate towards these people.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »

As you know, we are using many pics from here in the Zahra case archive albums, and I just want to say THANKS!

I'm thinking we will have some news about an arrest soon, since Elisa has been questioned more and her lawyers are meeting with her. My guess is a plea deal.

Thank you AmandaReckonwith, for your work and efforts for the missing and exploited.  MuffyBee

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: November 22, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »

I feel bad for the homeowner as none of this was his doing and I cannot imagine what he is  going through right now, but I would love to see that house torn down.  To me, it is nothing but a portal to hell.  I think I would be afraid to even walk by there, but then, I am a ninny.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: November 22, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »

Thank you for all the work you do and all the time it must take you.  You are a  an angelic monkey to the missing and their families
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: November 22, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »

I wonder if Mr. Coffey has a mortgage on the house, and if he has it insured?  Remember, before he could donate or bulldoze, he might have to satisfy any lenders if they exist.  Perhaps insurance will cover the damage by the police?  If the house were bulldozed and the land donated, what kind of deduction could he take from taxes?  There is a limit to charitable donations.  The land would need to be rezoned possibly, and if a memorial (or how about a playground for children with special needs, or even just a playground?) there would need to be money raised to create and maintain it.  All of that is doable I would think, with the outpouring of love and concern that we've seen so far.  These are just thoughts I have about the property.  I own rental property myself and I wondered what would happen if one of my residents did something like this?  That's why I brought up things like a mortgage balance, insurance, zoning and etc.  I'm not sure how many people can just give away a house, (even ruined) and land and not feel the financial implications.  Mr. Coffey may own the house free and clear, and that would make the possibility of donating easier.  If there's a note on the house and insurance, and insurance pays toward damages to the house, it still wouldn't pay the balance of the loan.  See what I mean?   Maybe the townspeople, city, lender (if applicable) and others might be able to work together make things happen.  One other note.  When people say an expense or donation can be deducted from taxes, it may not be as much as one might think.
At the end of this long post, I too wish the house were taken down, since it carries such a stigma.  It's a sad, bad place.  How about a park, which is also a memorial?  Something for Zahra, something for all children.   an angelic monkey  JMHO

Muffy, I really love your idea about a park for the children.  So fitting a legacy for Zahra.

Given the issues you mention around mortgage, zoning, etc.  wouldn't it be nice if the County purchased the home from homeowner and re-zoned it for the purpose you mention.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #893 on: November 22, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »

Muffy, I really love your idea about a park for the children.  So fitting a legacy for Zahra.

Given the issues you mention around mortgage, zoning, etc.  wouldn't it be nice if the County purchased the home from homeowner and re-zoned it for the purpose you mention.

Being a landlord myself, I can tell you that it is not likely that the insurance is going to cover this. A better option would be to go through the crime victims fund. If he has a mortgage on the property, the mortgage holder may be willing to write it off as a charitable deduction for the balance with the condition it is torn down and title given to the city/county/township for a park. Zoning it is very easy - the township could do it in a flash - all they have to do is make a motion before the zoning committee and pass it. Should be simple.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: November 22, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »

I thought the homeowmer owned all that property- the home and the tire shop? They also use the back of the property to bring trees and split them for sale. So, this may affect his business as well. I think the house should be torn down as well. They could sell the bricks and the proceeds go to a Zahra fund for children with disabilities.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: November 22, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

He could fix it up and use it as a shelter for domestic violence victims..

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #896 on: November 22, 2010, 03:00:46 PM »

I feel real bad for the homeowner also. And the neighbors as well, just think if some of the neighbors want to sell their homes, I know that we wouldn't even bother to look in that neighborhood because of the horrific things that happened.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: November 22, 2010, 03:08:22 PM »

I thought the homeowmer owned all that property- the home and the tire shop? They also use the back of the property to bring trees and split them for sale. So, this may affect his business as well. I think the house should be torn down as well. They could sell the bricks and the proceeds go to a Zahra fund for children with disabilities.

I'm not certain I've ever seen if Mr. Coffey truly "owns" the properties free and clear.  There are a lot of people that say  is they  "own" a home/business  or are homeowners/business owners, but in truth, the bank owns the home and the person/people are paying on the mortgage. In a sense, they are owners, and in a sense, it belongs to the bank. It's possible the properties have been paid off and there are no other legal encumbrances on the property.  There are some folks that have paid their mortgages off, inherited property, and etc., so maybe really own it free and clear.  I've paid the loan off on some rental property I have, continue to keep it insured, but I'm not so sure insurance would cover something like what happened to Mr. Coffey's house AB was living in.  There's a lot we don't know at this point. But I will say even if Mr. Coffey owns the properties free and clear he would be taking a pretty good financial hit to give property (an investment) away that he's used his income and resources over time to pay for.  But I don't know his financial situation.  I'm just trying to think this out realistically.  I'd like to see the house razed too.  JMHO

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: November 22, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »

I don't know about now, but about 20 years ago my boss had a house that ended up being condemned due to what the tenants had done to it. His accountant advised him that he could claim the rent that he was not able to collect while the house sat empty off on his taxes. Which he did for a couple of years until he was able to get it fixed up. Not sure if it is the same way now.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: November 22, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »

I don't know about now, but about 20 years ago my boss had a house that ended up being condemned due to what the tenants had done to it. His accountant advised him that he could claim the rent that he was not able to collect while the house sat empty off on his taxes. Which he did for a couple of years until he was able to get it fixed up. Not sure if it is the same way now.

http://www.catawbarod.org/welcome.asp
http://www.catawbarod.org/Opening.asp
Full System
COFFEY FAMILY INVESTMENTS LLC
Land (1995 to Current)
Grantor/Grantee 

mr. coffey bought the prop from the neighbor who said he
never saw zahra, pob doesnt mean anything, his name
CHARLES JAMES BOST
you can look under david m coffey too, id say mr coffey has done well
in several near by counties in north carolina
im thinking he will cut his loss, on the 21 21nw ave house

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.