April 30, 2024, 06:17:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 175503 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: November 24, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »

We can love Zahra without that house
OUR VOICE

By The Record Editorial Staff
Published: November 23, 2010

We cannot expect Mark Coffey to maintain the house where Adam and Elisa Baker lived — and the shrine to Zahra Baker — forever.

Coffey, Adam Baker’s former employer, rented the house in northwest Hickory to Baker.

We still do not know for sure if Zahra ever lived there. The details of her last days and death have not been divulged.

Coffey said he would not remove the shrine to Zahra from the property. That was before hate messages began to pop up in the yard and the house was vandalized.

Hickory police investigators had damaged the interior of the house in removing evidence pertinent to Zahra’s disappearance.

The damage was necessary. Coffey understands that. He wants the case solved, as do we.

But even without the damage, the vandalism and the hate signs, we could not think that Coffey would never try to reclaim the property he paid for and rented to Zahra’s parents in good faith.

Realistically, all of us knew the shrine would be removed, in time.

The many toys and other items left in memory of Zahra have been given to Cops for Tots, a fitting gesture. It is gracious to share the gifts left in memory of a lovely little girl with children whose lives are devoid of things most of us take for granted.

Now, more signs are appearing criticizing Coffey’s decision to reclaim his property.

We must agree with him that the site has become potentially hazardous, a place not just for expressing love for Zahra or for trying to find healing, but for confrontation and vandalism.

The property is an investment. It was bought with real money. It is a metaphor to remind us that physically, we must move on, even though our hearts will always be affected by Zahra’s tragic fate.

It is apparent that many people think there should be a permanent memorial for Zahra.

We will not oppose that sentiment, but the house in northwest Hickory isn’t the place. It doesn’t feel right.

A happy place would be far better, not a spot also associated with tragedy — a house that may have been part of a horrible nightmare.

Let Mark Coffey remake the property. We can, and will, continue to exalt Zahra without that dim old house.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/23/we-can-love-zahra-without-house-ar-559862/

I agree with every word in this article. Zahra needs to have a memorial in a happy place, like a park or playground.

Also, Mr. Coffey probably wasn't the only one worried about the vandalism. The neighbors were probably scared that it would extend to their property. I think I would have been if I lived close by.

SuzieQ, I agree also.  I would be quite concerned if I was a neighbor.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:09 PM »

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=0675694&obscure=Y&listpage=&listurl

So, he did a provide false info to LE before. He'll make a good witness if he si called to testify. Yep.
Is this a possible relative of Aaron ? Most of the DOB's r 2 young for him, unless Elisa married him as a child.

She likes them young. This is THE Aaron. His birth date is Dec. 14, 1977 according to his Facebook.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #922 on: November 24, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

Waving at Sister

2 4 1
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #923 on: November 24, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »

Still no sign of Adam being arrested??? 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: November 24, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »

That's what I was checking for as well, Jackie.  It seems arrests are long overdue in this and I have to wonder what the delay is and how much evidence they need.  But if they are going for a death penalty conviction, they will need all they can get.

Guess we have to be patient and hope that the more evidence, the more harsh the punishment.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: November 24, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »

The tank had a reptile in it.  In one of the pictures of the house after it was gutted, there's a corner of the tank showing and a typical reptile bowl in the bottom of it for water.  Could have been a snake, an iquana, a tortoise/boxturtle.  I noticed that the tank was in the yard and wondered what happened to their pets (the dog and the reptile).

yep,i remember the pic of zahra with a snake

Aaron Young
Thats true Mary BUT just sayin... if this was to happen to a child in your family would you want the whole world having ALL of FAMILY memories. There are several pictures of zahra all over the internet, there is a few that ONLY I had, zahras dad, grandma, or other family didnt even have these. these are pictures/memories of zahra that involved me and kristy and personally i wouldve liked to have at least one memory that only I had especially when we were involved. May sound greedy but thats my opinion. Example, the picture of zahra holding the snake, Tha was my snake, It was only me kristy zahra and the neighbors kid here that night now the whole world has that memory of us. Thats just my opinion and im done arguing and posting negative comments so i ask the same for yall. THANKS

on Tuesday ·http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Zahra-Clare-Baker-Bring-Her-Home/153249161379237
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #926 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »

Has anyone heard when Zahra's remains will be released, or to whom they will be released to? It seems that everything in this case has just totally stopped moving (publicly...I'm sure the wheels are still turning behind the scenes), and I'm wondering how long it will be before things start moving again.

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: November 24, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

Has anyone heard when Zahra's remains will be released, or to whom they will be released to? It seems that everything in this case has just totally stopped moving (publicly...I'm sure the wheels are still turning behind the scenes), and I'm wondering how long it will be before things start moving again.

Last I heard they were still testing the bone.  Nothing said about the remains found in the hole or the mattress on DNA testing.  Nothing said about Adam or Gothmonster or the Grand Jury.  Nothing said about Gothmonster's marathon session with LE and her lawyers last Friday.  Seems to be a big black hole right now.  Really hoping stuff is going down int eh background and once it is all together we will hear.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: November 24, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

an angelic monkey Zahra's candle link an angelic monkey

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Zahra

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: November 24, 2010, 09:14:52 PM »

Hickory Cops for Tots getting boost from Zahra Memorial

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) – In the front yard where Zahra Baker last lived, a memorial to her that had been growing for nearly six weeks is gone.

The tree that was the centerpiece has been cut down and loaded on a truck. The only signs of any memorial to the little girl who lived there is a single stuffed animal on the stump of the tree and some ribbons still tied to some fallen timbers.

Everything else that was there just a week ago is gone.

The owner of the property thought it was time to close the memorial, especially after vandals broke windows in the home and people had been seen wandering around the back yard.

Instead of throwing the items away, everything that was in good shape was taken to the Hickory police Department where it all has been donated to the Cops for Tots program.  The program helps needy children in Catawba County every Christmas season.

More information: Hickory Cops for Tots Program

Captain Gary Lee said there was a noticeable difference in their supply of gifts with all the Zahra memorial items being donated.

"And we have also gotten a lot of checks," he said, "from people wanting to donate in memory of Zahra."   Anyone wishing to donate toys or money can still do it at the hickory Police Department.

The program will hand out the gifts to families starting December 13th.  People who think their children and family will qualify are urged to contact the Hickory Police Department next week.

Meanwhile in Caldwell County, two memorials continue to grow. One is located on Christie Road, not far from where   a bone identified as Zahra's was found several weeks ago.  Near the intersection of Dudley Road and Burns Road piles of dirt block the path to where other remains were found.

But those mounds of dirt have now been covered with stuffed animals and notes for Zahra. Two signs informing people it is private property are also on the mound. There is no word how long the memorials in Caldwell County will stay up.

Investigators plan to take Thanksgiving Holiday as a needed break from the case. Officials say they are hoping everyone comes back from the long weekend rested and with more ideas on how to proceed.

Investigators say a lot of progress has been made but there is much more to do before any charges would be considered and filed against anyone.   

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13565711
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: November 24, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

I am so happy that so many other children can be helped through Zahra's tragedy.  I also hope that Adam and Gothmosnter choke on a turkey bone.  May they both have a truly miserable thanksgiving tomorrow with a touch of food poisoning thrown in as the mystery present 
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: November 24, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »

I hope their brains get recharged after the long weekend because as far as I can see, they need to charge those monsters with murder.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #932 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:36 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #933 on: November 25, 2010, 06:55:57 AM »

I have a horrible feeling that the only charges that will be brought are gross abuse of a corpse and maybe felony child neglect. If they stick to the stories about finding her deceased, I think it is going to be hard to prove otherwise. I really hope not. I hope LE finds the key that breaks the case wide open and can say "we beg to differ".

OT Wishing everyone a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: November 25, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Simians!! Stay Safe if you're traveling, there's a lot of idiots on the road!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #935 on: November 25, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »

Wishing all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving and Holiday season.

I have added this site to my list of things for which I am thankful.

Terri
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #936 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

an angelic monkey

Happy Thanksgiving.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #937 on: November 25, 2010, 10:13:35 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Simians!! Stay Safe if you're traveling, there's a lot of idiots on the road!

MK, put some turkey on that bad little monkey that keeps sticking his fork in the wall outlet.  Monkey Devil!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #938 on: November 26, 2010, 04:45:22 AM »

Indeed.....it is beyond disturbing.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #939 on: November 26, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »

Indeed.....it is beyond disturbing.
They should have their ducks all in a row by now ?

I am curious if they were able
to determine her date of death.

I hope it is son, but I want it done properly, and to the max possible.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.